Pokemon Generation VI: X/Y & Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Guest · 763558

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4800 on: November 18, 2013, 08:48:17 AM
I see. Alright then. I don't gain anything from saying something.

As far as I know, Pikachu is a the very definition of Glass Cannon and is usually only good with a Light Ball, which has been banned in most Tournaments, I think.
....A Light Ball Pikachu is seriously banned? :\

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4801 on: November 18, 2013, 08:50:21 AM
....A Light Ball Pikachu is seriously banned? :\

Tournaments seem to ban anything that they deem unfair. This of course goes for more than just pokemon.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4802 on: November 18, 2013, 08:53:12 AM
Tournaments seem to ban anything that they deem unfair. This of course goes for more than just pokemon.
But the only thing that Pikachu gains is higher Physical and Special Attack and maybe Volt Tackle which really hurts it since Pikachu is again a Glass Cannon.  It it raised Speed too maybe but Pikachu can still be knocked out in one hit especially by something like a Weavile which it much faster than him or even Raichu when bother have Speed Raising Natures.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #4803 on: November 18, 2013, 08:55:08 AM
Yep. While at most a Pikachu has around 230 Attack or Special attack maxed, with a the light ball, it doubles to about 460 Att. Try eating that when he does a Volt Tackle with STAB 180 and Accuracy 100. Just Baton pass some Speed and you got a monster.

Most strategies against it is Priority moves or something with resistance like Ferrathorn.

EDIT: Ahaha, beaten to the punch by Sakura.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4804 on: November 18, 2013, 08:57:19 AM
I still don't see that as a big deal, I mean it's not a Slaking or a Power Trick Shuckle, raised Attack stauses don't do much to make Light Ball Pikachu ban worthy since again you can knock it out with one hit.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #4805 on: November 18, 2013, 09:01:21 AM
I guess not. The thing is as long as you don't use Pikachu as your main attacker, its should be fine. There are many, many better options like Jolteon, Ampharos with Mega Evolution, or Galvantula even.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4806 on: November 18, 2013, 09:03:25 AM
Galventula is my only Electric Attacker, especially now that it has Sticky Web.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #4807 on: November 18, 2013, 09:17:30 AM
FTR, I don't consider gym leaders as main characters per se. When I say that, I mean characters like Red, Green/Blue. Or whoever is seen for more than 10 episodes worth. Yes, gym leaders are important, but you only see them once or twice, or on special occasions like Brock. But you should have known what I was talking about when I said main.

Besides size and design difference, whats the point of evolving a pikachu? New moves I guess? I'd imagine by this point it's defense and hp won't change much even if I did.

I seem to recall one game where one of my pikachus seemed to have had a decent defense. Did they change that, or does it depend on the stats? I read that even if you caught 1 kind of pokemon, catching the same kind & same gender, but could differ on stats and personality trait.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4808 on: November 18, 2013, 09:19:38 AM
FTR, I don't consider gym leaders as main characters per se. When I say that, I mean characters like Red, Green/Blue. Or whoever is seen for more than 10 episodes worth. Yes, gym leaders are important, but you only see them once or twice, or on special occasions like Brock. But you should have known what I was talking about when I said main.

Besides size and design difference, whats the point of evolving a pikachu? New moves I guess? I'd imagine by this point it's defense and hp won't change much even if I did.

I seem to recall one game where one of my pikachus seemed to have had a decent defense. Did they change that, or does it depend on the stats? I read that even if you caught 1 kind of pokemon, catching the same kind & same gender, but could differ on stats and personality trait.
All of his stats get upped, including most importantly his speed and both attack stats and since you kept your Pikachu for that long he's learned all the moves he needs to learn anyway.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4809 on: November 18, 2013, 09:30:01 AM

You use game names like Red yet you refer to the anime where no such character exists.
Ash is not the same as red.

Again, if you're so against evolving your pikachu, Fine, use a different [tornado fang]ing pokemon then because keeping Pikachu around just because its the mascot is a terrible reason and you're hurting the strength of your team because of it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4810 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:29 AM
I got my Lucario to give me a high-five in Amie.  It is also very difficult to pet a Bisharp without getting cut.  Also caught Runaway sleeping.  Tried to get Mewtwo to give me a high-five, but he just stared at me.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4811 on: November 18, 2013, 12:36:44 PM
So... I checked the stone guy, and he wants to sell the Blastoisinite at $50,000.
... And I found Mr. Pedo Bonding in Cafe Introvesion. Oh well, got the last O-Power.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4812 on: November 18, 2013, 12:53:18 PM
"Ahhh!  If you want a Pokemon you can stroke and caress, it's gotta be an evolved Pokemon!  I just can't get enough of the cool, mature attitude of an evolved Pokemon!"

What's worse is it's a little girl who says this.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4813 on: November 18, 2013, 01:09:24 PM
She and Mr. Bonding should hook up.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4814 on: November 18, 2013, 01:19:55 PM
Got the Blastoisinite dealer down to $70,000, which is affordable, but I want cheaper.  Took a cab ride, tipped a Furfrou $500, and rode the Gogoat shuttle.  If you haven't rode a Gogoat through the streets, you totally should!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4815 on: November 18, 2013, 04:41:40 PM
I'll still try to get it down to $10,000, even though I technically have max style.

So... After almost a month (!?), I'm finally inside the Pokemon Center at the Pokemon League.
Team is all ready.

[spoiler]
Cresnaught lvl86 - Seed Bomb, Rock Smash, Spiky Shield, Strength
Delphox lvl86 - Cut, Psyshock, Mystical Fire, Psychic
Greninja lvl86 - Waterfall, Night Slash, Water Shuriken, Surf
Gardevoir lvl87 - Magical Leaf, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Moonblast
Talonflame lvl85 - Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Fly, Steel Wing
Doublade lvl86 - Shadow Sneak, Iron Head, Sacred Sword, False Swipe[/spoiler]

... I'm so going to sweep them. But not today. I have Old Ambers to mine first!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4816 on: November 18, 2013, 04:42:54 PM
Heh, good to know that I wasn't the only one who was hideously over-leveled. XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4817 on: November 18, 2013, 04:45:51 PM
I seriously blame the generous EXP sharing, especially when capturing Pokemon. >_>

Usually, I tend to be at least 5 levels above the strongest Pokemon of the Champion.
... Which in this case... I have way overshot. >_>

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4818 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:07 PM
Yeah, I usually try to be around ten levels ahead.  It was waaaaaaay too easy to level in this game! XD

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4819 on: November 18, 2013, 04:51:56 PM
Is EXP sharing a new addition to this game?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4820 on: November 18, 2013, 04:54:42 PM
Indeed.
At least the money's fine too.

The new EXP Share item shares EXP with ALL Pokemon in your team, with the Pokemon that actively battled getting full EXP, while the seat warmers gets 1/2.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4821 on: November 18, 2013, 04:57:06 PM
I seriously blame the generous EXP sharing, especially when capturing Pokemon. >_>

Usually, I tend to be at least 5 levels above the strongest Pokemon of the Champion.
... Which in this case... I have way overshot. >_>
I was around the 5 level mark, but I don't really mind too much since it saves a lot of time.  Though my starter Pokemon was probably one of the leashed used because I had to work on Dragagle, Houndoom and sometimes Aerodactyl.  Florges was my most over leveled at about lv 75.  But again it saves on grinding and I don't have to worry about my weaker mon getting KOed in one hit close to evolution simply because their base form is not strong enough against the wild Pokemon in the area, I had that problem with Vulpix in Soul Silver, Mienfoo in White, and maybe Growlithe in White 2.  I don't remember if it was the same with Pikachu in Leaf Green but it might have been.

Technically it's been in all games though the Exp All in Red Blue and Yellow was quite terrible because of how little Exp your other Pokemon get after the split.  In the games after it was a hold item where the Pokemon battling gets full while the one holding it gets about half, it's about the same as when you switch one Pokemon out with another, and that was probably the only way to level a Magikarp or Metapod or something without using the Exp. share.

In this game they pretty much combined the concept of the Exp. All with the potency of the Exp. Share for the ready of your team.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4822 on: November 18, 2013, 04:59:13 PM
Also, I need to get this out.

INVER STOP GIVING ME 3 SITRUS BERRIES YOU HAVE GIVEN ME STRAIGHT FOR 4 DAYS ALREADY GIVE ME 3 OF SOMETHING ELSE LIKE DUSK STONES

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4823 on: November 18, 2013, 05:02:26 PM
Also, I need to get this out.

INVER STOP GIVING ME 3 SITRUS BERRIES YOU HAVE GIVEN ME STRAIGHT FOR 4 DAYS ALREADY GIVE ME 3 OF SOMETHING ELSE LIKE DUSK STONES
Wait in Inverse battling gives you Dusk Stones?  Also remember that Team Flare grunt in Laverre town that's just walking around?  After you beat the game he'll give you a Dusk Stone as repentance of Team Flare's Actions.  Of course that doesn't help with now. 

Also there's a level in the Secret Super Training levels that give you a Dusk Stone once you're Pokemon's Effort Values are max.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4824 on: November 18, 2013, 05:06:16 PM
The new EXP Share item shares EXP with ALL Pokemon in your team, with the Pokemon that actively battled getting full EXP, while the seat warmers gets 1/2.
Technically it's been in all games though the Exp All in Red Blue and Yellow was quite terrible because of how little Exp your other Pokemon get after the split.  In the games after it was a hold item where the Pokemon battling gets full while the one holding it gets about half, it's about the same as when you switch one Pokemon out with another, and that was probably the only way to level a Magikarp or Metapod or something without using the Exp. share.

In this game they pretty much combined the concept of the Exp. All with the potency of the Exp. Share for the ready of your team.

Huh, I see.

I asked because I've been using it for a while.

It is pretty damn useful. A little too useful (not like it's a bad thing).