List Those Free Games!

TheDivine · 109225

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: October 19, 2010, 04:11:51 AM
The music sounds so beautiful! I wish it didn't pause when I change tabs so I could listen to it while doing other stuff... ;^;

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: October 19, 2010, 06:24:59 AM
Just use winamp to play the MP3s.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ie1l3717v5bgll

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: October 19, 2010, 06:46:28 AM
Thank you xnamkcor! ^0^

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: October 26, 2010, 12:45:39 AM
I'm sure a lot of you guys are Back to the Future fans, so how does the first episode of the new BttF videogame for free sound?

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

In case the code doesn't add itself automatically like it did with me the code is 121GIGAWATTS.

The game itself is not out yet, but hey, free game.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #129 on: November 28, 2010, 10:38:37 PM
Finally we can play the Heavy Metal version of Robot Unicorn Attack for free on the web.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #130 on: December 17, 2010, 10:45:58 PM

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #131 on: December 23, 2010, 01:44:32 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: December 28, 2010, 07:39:36 AM
What the creampuff? The game glitched on me. X(

Posted on: December 23, 2010, 08:01:02 PM
From the people working with the original developers of La-Mulana for the WiiWare release: A [sonic slicer]-Slapping Contest! 8D

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #133 on: December 30, 2010, 02:00:08 AM
The Super Mario Crossover game mentioned earlier has been updated. Now you can play as Ryu from Ninja Giaden, or Sophia the 3rd from Blaster Master!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: February 15, 2011, 04:14:37 AM
I ran into this game today, CosmicBreak. I wonder if its any good before I install this game.

Posted on: January 13, 2011, 05:49:56 PM
Anyone remembers Warning Forever? Well someone out there made an homage to the this game (kind of) in old-school fashion in Flash. Here's Warning Foregone at Newgrounds! ^^

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: February 17, 2011, 12:16:04 AM
Has anyone mentioned.
LoL?
It's a DOTA All-stars thing, but even if you don't know what that is, it's very entertaining, but the battles can last for quite a while.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: March 01, 2011, 07:17:56 AM
Has anyone mentioned.
LoL?
It's a DOTA All-stars thing, but even if you don't know what that is, it's very entertaining, but the battles can last for quite a while.

I play lol. Its pretty fun. Not too good though. whats your handle?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: March 27, 2011, 03:28:37 AM
Strike Witches STG! / SW~魔女達の長い午後

Release date: 2009
Developer: Morihama
Version: v1.01
Genre: 2D > Shoot 'em Up > Vertical
Content: Mild Violence > Mild Suggestive Themes

A freeware doujin shoot 'em up based on Strike Witches. There's five teams of characters from the series with different strengths and weaponry. The game is kinda CAVE-esque in bullet patterns, but at times kinda unfair, and there's seven stages to play through. Here's the Strike Witches Wiki coverage on the game: [link] I suggest using my mirror of the download below since the download from the main site can take an hour to download.

Download Strike Witches STG! | (Mediafire)
WARNING! Do not click [本家サイトTOP] on the site! It takes you to the author's NSFW homepage! Use the Mediafie mirror, a lot faster and safer from hentai.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:50:24 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: April 16, 2011, 12:17:23 AM
World's Biggest (and most addicting) Pac-Man.

http://worldsbiggestpacman.com

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #139 on: April 23, 2011, 06:17:58 AM
With the same logic of Warning Forever, Bosses Forever is about kicking an infinite amount of bosses asses, which change their strategies depending on how you fight, only this time you control a dude equipped with an afro and a gun.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:06 PM
LOL how many Warning Forever clones are we getting? ::) I've seen one XBLIG called Infinity Warning or something. But back to free games. This one's for Vixy, Akira, and CAVE fans. >w<

Patriot Dark / パトリオットダーク

Release date: 2007-2008
Developer: Temperance Lance
Version: v1.0b
Genre: 2D > Shoot 'em Up > Vertical
Content: Mild Violence

This is considered to be the DoDanPachi of freeware doujin shooters. The game originally had two releases at Comiket, but the developers unfortunately couldn't find any resources to sell the game outside of Comiket (such as Melonbooks, DLsite, Toranoanna, etc.), so they opt to make the game freeware. It's a very short shooter with five stages, but it makes up for it with CAVE's level of brutality and challenge. It does work differently in some areas than DoDanPachi, like the last enemy you shoot down earns you the most points. There's two fighters with three difficulty levels to choose from plus unlockable ones for 1CC'ing the game. One of the downsides of the game is that the resolution is very small, running at 512x384, and while pressing F5 can make the window bigger, it could also show how pixelated the graphics are if your monitor can't handle small resolutions that well or if you run Windows 7 since the OS hates pixelated games. Ltc has a small guide of the game here at shmup.system.11 (WARNING: LOTS of spoilers!).

[spoiler=Patriot Dark spoilers]
- http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25128[/spoiler]

Download Patriot Dark | (Mediafire)

Posted on: April 24, 2011, 09:29:28 AM
Anyone here familiar with Angry Birds? Well if you don't have an Android phone or a smart phone or an iPod Touch or iPhone, you're in luck, because Angry Birds is officially playable on Google Chrome. The game is currently in beta, though. You can get Google Chrome here.

-EDIT-
Actually scratch what I said about it being playable on Google Chrome. It appears it's also playable on Firefox (or at least Firefox 4 in my case), but it probably has problems if it's played on a browser other than Google Chrome.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:39:07 PM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: May 24, 2011, 09:52:31 PM
Has anyone mentioned.
LoL?

I play lol. Its pretty fun. Not too good though. whats your handle?

Damn shame I didn't get into it earlier. I'd play with you guys since I just discovered it.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: July 08, 2011, 01:48:43 AM
Team Fortress 2 is now officially free-to-play! If you got Steam, go get it! 8)

Posted on: June 25, 2011, 11:59:15 AM
Tasty Static

Release date: July 31, 2009
Developer: tinsanity
Version: v1.00
Genre: 3D > Platforming

if you like games like The Impossible Game or tricky platforming games, then you might dig this one. According to the developers, this is an homage to an old PC game called Skyroads by BlueMoon Interactive (which is also a remake of a game called Kosmonaut by the same team). You pilot a ship through odd and challenging levels while jumping over gaps, dodging traps, and generally make it through the levels in one piece. It's as simple as it gets. There's a lot of levels to test you wits and reflexes, and if that's not enough, there's also a level editor -- sadly only for the Windows version as of this writing -- and neat extras to unlock. It's available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and it's 100% freeware, so everybody's happy. owob

Download Tasty Static | (Mediafire)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #143 on: July 08, 2011, 12:56:59 PM
It does look a lot like Skyroads

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:32 PM
I got some Cave Story-esque freeware games for you.

Momodora

Release date: August 8, 2010
Developer: rdein
Version: v1.4 (as of December 14, 2010)
Genre: 2D > Platforming
Content: Mild Fantasy Violence

Momodora is basically an homage to Cave Story, although it's more like Metroid Fusion from my experience with this game since it's a kinda linear. You play as an orphaned girl who searches for a sacred treasure in an attempt to bring your mother back to life after she sacrificed her life to maintain peace in your homeland of Koho. The artstyle and the visuals themselves definitely bears a resemblance to Daisuke Amaya's style, although the game does run more seamlessly and smoother than the original PC Cave Story since this game was made on a different engine. The game has some nice, and there's a bunch of weapons and items to collect like in Cave Story. On the downside, it can be tad frustrating and there's only one save slot. I haven't finished this game yet, but it's a decent time-killer.

Download Momodora v1.4

Momodora II

Release date: July 10, 2011
Developer: rdein
Version: v037 (as of July 17, 2011)
Genre: 2D > Platforming
Content: Mild Fantasy Violence, Language

The sequel to Momodora released just about a month ago, and it's an improvement over the original. In this installment, it more true to Cave Story or other Metroidvania type of games, although it does have this Legend of Zelda kind of feel to it. The storyline of Momodora II takes place sometime after the first game; in Momodora II, you play as Momo, a shrine maiden from Koho who sets out to banish the new Underworld Queen. This is an improvement over the first game since Momodora has more of a story to it this time around and you feel like there's a little more freedom in the gameplay, plus now there's three save slots instead of of one. There's multiple endings in this game, although the game is not an entirely lengthily experience; it can be beaten in less than 2 hours. Unlike the original Momodora (more or less, Cave Story), you don't get a lot of weapons to play around with; your only weapons are your leaf, which handles like a sword, and your shrine maiden seals that can thrown at enemies. Overall, it's a nice little tribute to Daisuke Amaya.

Download Momodora II

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: September 01, 2011, 05:42:22 AM
Xye, a brilliant yet underrated puzzle game that is an open-source remake of the PC game Kye.

http://xye.sourceforge.net/

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: September 17, 2011, 04:37:39 AM
Not sure if this counts, but the game Crimson Alliance for Xbox 360 is 100% free to download on XBLA. But here's the part that I don't get: the FULL game is free to download, but you get demo restrictions until you buy the character class packs to the game (individual Mercenary, Wizard, and Assassian Class Packs goes for 800 MS Points each; the entire class pack goes for 1200 MS Points), which makes me wonder "Why didn't they release the full game with all classes' abilities unlocked and have a demo version for those who want to try this game, rather than to release a full game with demo restrictions?"

This is the sorta thing why this thread was created; DLC should add more to a game, not to make people pay for something that should already be there.

Posted on: September 12, 2011, 08:19:26 PM
-EDIT-
Now it's the perfect time to start learning with portals.

GLaDOS just crashed. Portal is back to a game you have to buy again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:04:46 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: September 17, 2011, 12:38:02 PM
http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/09/14/super-smash-land-releases-today/

Supa Smashu Rando came out. And it's supa qauai. Go get it and feel like a hipster.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: October 30, 2011, 10:14:43 PM
Rusty Hearts is Free-to-Play! :)

Posted on: September 21, 2011, 11:59:39
So, I heard Rockman PM likes Team Fortress. Well some cool hipsters made an old school demake of Team Fortress in the form of Team Fortress Arcade. Came out recently. Download it and you too can feel like a one hip mista.
I know, that was in bad taste...

Posted on: October 01, 2011, 02:45:25 PM
In the spirit of Hallloween and all things scary, I've recently found a game worth giving some good spooks. It's Irisu Syndrome!, and it's a freeware PC game. I'll make a bigger post about it once I get a chance to the PC (I've been stuck using the Wii's Opera browser for a while with horrible rechargable batteries that last less than 20 minutes fully charged). I'll delete this post once I start making one for Irisu Syndrome!. Until then, avoid Googling it or looking it up on TvTropes, they usually contain big spoilers on the game's storyline (especially TvTropes' "Darth" version of the game's entry).

Posted on: October 29, 2011, 10:10:35 PM
Irisu Syndrome! / いりす症候群!

Release date: October 2, 2008
Developer: wtetsu
Version: v2.03
Genre: 2D > Puzzle > Psychological, Horror, Mystery
Content: Graphic Violence, Disturbing Imagery

From what I hear on doujin forums, this game is one of the most disturbing games around, and so far I'm starting to become a believer (this game was starting to play games with my head). The basic story of Irisu Syndrome!, and the only thing you should know about this game's storyline until you start playing it for yourself (avoid Googling it or looking it up on TV Tropes since they'll spoil the story, trust me on this), revolves around four university students (from left to right), Irisu Kyouko, Edogawa, Uujishima, Ageha, and the events that follow them on their camping trip. One night of their camping trip, Edogawa tells a story/rumor that's been going around of a witch who murders people.

This is a physics-based puzzle game where have you to try and destroy blocks that fall from the screen and earn points. The game has some Tetris elements since blocks fall down and they progressively get faster and more shapes and colors appear as you chain points together. The game is played with a mouse; left-click fires a slow white block and right-click fires a fast gray blocks at the ones falling on screen. The game is over when A) your Life Meter reaches zero or B), blocks pile up to screen that no more can be produced. To really earn points, you must collide blocks of the same color so they break up harmlessly upon landing, and in do so recovers your life meter. Although the real puzzle of this game is the story; as you get higher and higher points, you unlock more pieces of the game's story through still images and the dialogue in them, changes made of a photo of Irisu's classmates, and text files.

An "enhanced" version of this game called Irisu Syndrome! Metsu (いりす症候群! 滅, Irisu Syndrome! Destruction) was later released at Comiket 77 but later became a part of the freeware version as an unlockable side game, with enhanced visuals, updated music, and broaden the storyline. Originally in Japanese, but people at the /jp/ boards made an English patch for the game. If you're into Higurashi, you might like this game. Otherwise, the disturbing stuff that happens might (and probably will) terrify you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

[spoiler=Download Links]Download Irisu Syndrome v2.03 | (Mirror)
English patch (v2.03)[/spoiler]

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: October 30, 2011, 10:53:49 PM
Rusty Hearts is Free-to-Play! :)

Posted on: September 21, 2011, 11:59:39
So, I heard Rockman PM likes Team Fortress. Well some cool hipsters made an old school demake of Team Fortress in the form of Team Fortress Arcade. Came out recently. Download it and you too can feel like a one hip mista.
I know, that was in bad taste...

Posted on: October 01, 2011, 02:45:25 PM
In the spirit of Hallloween and all things scary, I've recently found a game worth giving some good spooks. It's Irisu Syndrome!, and it's a freeware PC game. I'll make a bigger post about it once I get a chance to the PC (I've been stuck using the Wii's Opera browser for a while with horrible rechargable batteries that last less than 20 minutes fully charged). I'll delete this post once I start making one for Irisu Syndrome!. Until then, avoid Googling it or looking it up on TvTropes, they usually contain big spoilers on the game's storyline (especially TvTropes' "Darth" version of the game's entry).

Posted on: October 29, 2011, 10:10:35 PM
Irisu Syndrome! / いりす症候群!

Release date: October 2, 2008
Developer: wtetsu
Version: v2.03
Genre: 2D > Puzzle > Psychological, Horror, Mystery
Content: Graphic Violence, Disturbing Imagery

From what I hear on doujin forums, this game is one of the most disturbing games around, and so far I'm starting to become a believer (this game was starting to play games with my head). The basic story of Irisu Syndrome!, and the only thing you should know about this game's storyline until you start playing it for yourself (avoid Googling it or looking it up on TV Tropes since they'll spoil the story, trust me on this), revolves around four university students (from left to right), Irisu Kyouko, Edogawa, Uujishima, Ageha, and the events that follow them on their camping trip. One night of their camping trip, Edogawa tells a story/rumor that's been going around of a witch who murders people.

This is a physics-based puzzle game where have you to try and destroy blocks that fall from the screen and earn points. The game has some Tetris elements since blocks fall down and they progressively get faster and more shapes and colors appear as you chain points together. The game is played with a mouse; left-click fires a slow white block and right-click fires a fast gray blocks at the ones falling on screen. The game is over when A) your Life Meter reaches zero or B), blocks pile up to screen that no more can be produced. To really earn points, you must collide blocks of the same color so they break up harmlessly upon landing, and in do so recovers your life meter. Although the real puzzle of this game is the story; as you get higher and higher points, you unlock more pieces of the game's story through still images and the dialogue in them, changes made of a photo of Irisu's classmates, and text files.

An "enhanced" version of this game called Irisu Syndrome! Metsu (いりす症候群! 滅, Irisu Syndrome! Destruction) was later released at Comiket 77 but later became a part of the freeware version as an unlockable side game, with enhanced visuals, updated music, and broaden the storyline. Originally in Japanese, but people at the /jp/ boards made an English patch for the game. If you're into Higurashi, you might like this game. Otherwise, the disturbing stuff that happens might (and probably will) terrify you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

[spoiler=Download Links]Download Irisu Syndrome v2.03 | (Mirror)
English patch (v2.03)[/spoiler]

Is it visually disturbing? Or just the plot? All I ever liked in Higurashi was the girls, but the plot seemed to suffer from Citizen Kane syndrome and was horribly uninteresting/a waster of time.

Also, is there any fan service?

PS: Note to self: Make sure you actually write the reply AFTER the quote next time.