A HOENN NEW RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE!

Pyro · 130428

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: December 14, 2013, 09:30:33 PM
(You got it all wrong! I have a character named Joe in here, inspired from Youngster Joey.)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #651 on: December 14, 2013, 09:34:48 PM
(Anyway... XD)

Dr. Wily II perked at upon seeing Runaway, and immediately rushed over, and marveled at him.

"What a fine specimen... I mean fine Pokemon, and French-speaking even..."

(Edited my previous post, to explain for Joe's memory lapse.)

Trak put her hand down, watching Wily approach her Alakazam. "Yeah, he's a bit of an oddity.  I raised him from an Abra, and he was speaking French then, too.  Prof. Sycamore isn't entirely sure how he learned it, but we think that he might've gotten a hold of someone's translator and memorized it, due to his syntax."

Runaway finished munching on another cookie and finally glanced up at Wily. "...Quoi?" What?

Trak gave Runaway a scratch behind the ear. "He's not top percentile, but in terms of physical strength, he's stronger than most Alakazams.  Aren'tcha, Runaway?" She smiled, rubbing his head as Runaway proudly flexed his muscles.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #652 on: December 14, 2013, 09:36:49 PM
(You got it all wrong! I have a character named Joe in here, inspired from Youngster Joey.)

(The plot thickens? 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: December 15, 2013, 04:14:11 AM
(GAH THICKENED PLOT)

(Anyway... XD)

Trak put her hand down, watching Wily approach her Alakazam. "Yeah, he's a bit of an oddity.  I raised him from an Abra, and he was speaking French then, too.  Prof. Sycamore isn't entirely sure how he learned it, but we think that he might've gotten a hold of someone's translator and memorized it, due to his syntax."

Runaway finished munching on another cookie and finally glanced up at Wily. "...Quoi?" What?

Trak gave Runaway a scratch behind the ear. "He's not top percentile, but in terms of physical strength, he's stronger than most Alakazams.  Aren'tcha, Runaway?" She smiled, rubbing his head as Runaway proudly flexed his muscles.
"Impressive physical strength... Totally unseen in the species... I would so LOVE to pick your brain... AHEM, I mean..."

Dr. Wily II turned to face Trak, and picked up her hand.

"I mean... I would so love for you to join my research team. We are currently trying to research into the different Powders produced by the various Grass and Bug Pokemon, hoping to find cures for various diseases... However... Our research is being misused by a villainous team... You might have heard of them when you arrived..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #654 on: December 15, 2013, 04:25:44 AM
"Team Flora, or whatever they're calling themselves?" Trak nodded, "Yeah, I've heard of them.  Haven't actually met them, but apparently they're causing a real drug problem."

"Oui," Runaway gave a sage nod, and then looked over the refreshments, taking his time to select different cookies before sitting back down and eating them.  He mumbled something to Trak, his mouth full and his words garbled.

"Finish eating, then talk."

Runaway mumbled a garbled reply and resumed munching.

"So, anyway, Powders for medicinal uses?" Trak reiterated. "I've heard of researchers looking into that and various toxins, as they have some chemical formulation that's been proven effective in lab tests.  A lab at Lumiose University was working with Lilycove or some place about that."

Runaway finished eating and gave additional details in French, including confirming Lumiose and Lilycove working together on the project, in hopes for grant money.

Trak rubbed the Alakazam's head. "Thanks, Runaway.  I can always count on you to remember this stuff."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #655 on: December 15, 2013, 05:22:46 AM
"Indeed, we are working with Lilycove on this, and thus far, there's promise. With your Alakazam, we'll be able to synthize the formula further with Psychic properties, effectively controlling the cells in the Powder to work the way we want to, not the way they were intended. I really hope you will consider my request. For science, for the people."

Somewhere in the background, currently cloaked, were some tentacles...

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #656 on: December 15, 2013, 05:38:44 AM
Trak took a very long moment to take that request into consideration.  Her Alakazam had assisted Sycamore in the past, so doing lab work wasn't anything new and Runaway seemed to have enjoyed it.  Trak looked to Runaway. "What do you think?"

Runaway was also considering the request.  He gave a shrug. "Je ne vois pas pourquoi pas. Je suis juste en utilisant mes pouvoirs, non?" I don't see why not.  I'm just using my powers, right?

Trak glanced to Wily. "We're just using his powers, right?  I mean, if we're researching Powder properties, that's fine, but I don't want him being used as a test subject or for stem cell research or anything icky, okay?  We worked hard to get to the League, and he gets enough weird looks as it is.  He's my partner and friend, not a lab Ratata."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: December 15, 2013, 05:52:19 AM
Dr. Wily II smiled, although that smile concealed the sheer disappointment at cracking that Alakazam's skull... For now anyway. He gave a quick nod, and the tentacles disappeared, conplelety leaving the room.

"Yes, we will only be using his powers, nothing more. I'll go ahead and deal with the paperwork, and you can start as soon as possible. I should also inform you of our working arrangements. The first is full-time, where you'll be given a personal lab of your own, with an aide to guide you along, but of course, this would mean if you wanted to travel the Hoenn region, that would have to be placed on hold.

However, we also have a part-time arrangement, where you could still travel around, but your Alakazam would stay in your stead.

Lastly, we have the contract arrangement, where both you and Alakazam can travel, and when we require your assistance, we'll contact you. Don't worry about the transportation, that will be covered."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #658 on: December 15, 2013, 06:08:15 AM
Again, Trak was hesitant.  While she's done lab work before, she wasn't a scientist by any means.  An assistant would basically tell her to do something and she'd do it.  She ended up being an assistant to Runaway when his expertise was needed, whatever that expertise was.  Half the time, she had no idea what was going on in that Alakazam's head.

Runaway noted Trak's hesitation and he put both hands on her shoulders. "Je peux le faire. Ce n'est pas un problème. Tu m'as appris bien." I can do it.  It's not a problem.  You taught me well.

"You sure about this?" Trak raised her eyebrows. "I mean, it's up to you."

"Après presque détruire le monde, je sens que je dois donner quelque chose en retour," Runaway gave sage nod, hugged Trak, and planted a kiss on her nose. "Je t'aime." After almost destroying the world, I feel I should give something back.  I love you.

Trak smiled and returned the hug. "I love you too.  And you know that that was Team Flare's dickery, not yours." She blew a raspberry and ruffled the Alakazam's fur.  After a moment, she looked to Wily. "Part time might be the best option.  I'm not really that much help.  That might give me a chance to run a few errands and arrange some lodging, too."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #659 on: December 15, 2013, 06:17:40 AM
Dr. Wily II smiled, almost with a glint in his eyes.

"Alright, you don't need to worry, your Alazakam will be in GOOD hands... If you'll excuse me, I'll go ahead with the paperwork. Kindly wait here, and enjoy the refreshments."

With that, he bowed and left the room. Once the doors were closed behind him, his grin became a smirk.

"That was... Ahem... That was easier than I thought... I didn't even need to use my Malamar on her..."

Joe was a bit dazed, but was generally fine. At least all 6 of his Pokemon were safe, none missing. The Butler from earlier returned, and motioned for Joe to follow him. Not remembering what had happened earlier with the Butler, Joe followed behind. The 2 walked for a bit from reaching a pair of familiar doors. The Butler opened them, and Joe noticed Trak and Runaway were inside. The Butler then spoke.

"Please enjoy the refreshments inside."

Joe nodded, and headed inside.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #660 on: December 15, 2013, 07:50:57 AM
Whatever the energy was seems to have diminished somewhat, indicating whoever harbored it had finished their intentions or was distracted by something else.  Merrick felt he shouldn't pry any further, but as he was preparing to leave, he noticed Joe being led by some kind of butler down the hallway.

He remembered him and Trak came here to speak to some sponsor, but didn't want to pry too deeply into the details as he felt it was neither his business, nor his place to get involved.  However, something seemed off about Joe despite him acting normally; an oddly obscure scythe embedded into the back of his head as if some sudden change occurred that he wasn't aware of.

Merrick starts to wonder what happened to Trak and Runaway, if they were harboring this similar energy and if he should be concerned about it.  Against his and Synthis' judgement, they followed after the butler, keeping a distance so as to not startle them or draw suspicion from any shady personnel wandering the hallway.  They soon see the butler direct Joe towards one of the rooms.  Choosing to wait and see what happens next, they stopped and kept against the wall so as not to get in the way of other colleagues.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #661 on: December 15, 2013, 07:54:37 AM
Trak glanced over her shoulder, seeing Joe enter.  "Oh, hey!  Hungry?  If you want any cookies, better get them before Runaway polishes them off."

Runaway finished a cookie, took a drink, then cracked his knuckles. "Ah, d'utiliser mes pouvoirs comme une force pour de bon ... Je ne peux pas attendre pour commencer!" Ah, to use my powers as a force for good...  I can't wait to get started!

"Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?" Trak asked once again. "If you change your mind, that's okay.  You can say 'no,' it's okay."

"Oui," Runaway nodded. "Oui, je suis absolument sûr. Ce sera comme à la chez soi, travaillant dans le laboratoire du Professeur Sycamore. Je serai bien, vraiment." Yes, I'm absolutely sure.  It'll be like at home, working in Prof. Sycamore's lab.  I'll be fine, really.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #662 on: December 15, 2013, 09:27:41 AM
"Cookies? COOKIES!? COOKIES!!"

Joe rushed over to where Runaway was, and started to grab some cookies like a mad man.

Dr. Wily II had returned to the room where he met Joe. Various paperwork laid on the table top, as Dr. Wily II stood at the window just behind the table. Things have been going according to plan, with Joe getting a new Pokemon, and an Alakazam... YES... ANOTHER Alakazam... Perhaps it was fate that he could get his hands on another Alakazam... However, now isn't the time.

It is true he needed an Alakazam for the psychic manipulation... It's just that instead of cures... It's for mind control. Team Flora had the right idea, just the wrong implementation. However... With an Alakazam... All will obey Team Flora... No... All will obey... Dr. Wily II!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #663 on: December 15, 2013, 10:26:30 AM
Runaway slapped Joe's hand and wagged his finger at him. "Manières!" Manners! He calmly handed over a plate of cookies.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #664 on: December 15, 2013, 10:32:08 AM
Things haven't progressed into a bad situation.  Figuring it was just the usual scientist wanting to unlock the secret of Pokemon in their own sadistic ways, Merrick decided to tour around the University just to make sure they weren't causing too much harm with their research and experiments.

Though as he and Synthis were wandering the halls, they couldn't help but feel that there was a darker energy lurking about, scheming to do more than uncover the many secrets keeping Pokemon at the forefront of human protection and entertainment.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #665 on: December 15, 2013, 10:44:51 AM
Joe jumped at the slap, though he was been rather primitive. Calming down, he took a few cookies from the plate that Runaway offered, and thanked him with a nod. No words since his mouth is stuffed full.

Dr. Wily II picked up the finished paperwork. With the very, VERY fine prin, all he needed now was Trak's signature, and that Alakazam will be his.

"Malamar... Follow behind me as usual, full concealment."

The tentacled Pokemon screamed out, and disappeared from sight again. With another grin, Dr. Wily II made his way back to where Trak was.

It wasn't long before Dr. Wily II pushed open the doors, and seeing Runaway and Joe gorging away at the cookies. Ignoring them, he went over to Trak.

"Here... Ahem... Here you go, Miss Trak. I just need your signature here, and here. After this, you and Runaway will be officially part of the research team."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #666 on: December 15, 2013, 10:59:54 AM
Trak looked at the papers offered, seeing lots of words in the smallest print imaginable.  She squinted and held the papers close to her face, trying to read them and cursing her mother's myopia as it must be rubbing off.  Even the color of the print blended in with the too-dark watermark and every single element of the page was doing its best to keep it from being read.

She handed it to Runaway, hoping his eyes were any better.  Alas, Alakazams were not known for having very good vision, and Runaway could only muster a puzzled look.

Trak sighed and glanced up. "Can you tell me what it says.  Mom says to never sign anything without reading it, first."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #667 on: December 15, 2013, 11:06:42 AM
Sapph, meanwhile, was in the midst of a haircut. Well, actually, it was finished. With the brunt of his hair's length being donated for wigs, he stretched and ran a hand through his hair after leaving the boutique. "Aah~ That feels so much lighter~" He said, rolling his head before putting his hat back on. "Been so long, I forgot what it was light to have short hair."

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #668 on: December 15, 2013, 11:29:49 AM
(Hopefully your stylist wasn't a friend of Mr. Bonding... 8D)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #669 on: December 15, 2013, 11:56:18 AM
(Nah, Sapph gave a warning about 'a terrible purple-haired man in a pink suit' while he was getting his hair cut off-screen. He's probably gonna make it a personal goal to make Mr Bonding a wanted criminal at least in Hoenn. :P)

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #670 on: December 15, 2013, 01:36:09 PM
Trak looked at the papers offered, seeing lots of words in the smallest print imaginable.  She squinted and held the papers close to her face, trying to read them and cursing her mother's myopia as it must be rubbing off.  Even the color of the print blended in with the too-dark watermark and every single element of the page was doing its best to keep it from being read.

She handed it to Runaway, hoping his eyes were any better.  Alas, Alakazams were not known for having very good vision, and Runaway could only muster a puzzled look.

Trak sighed and glanced up. "Can you tell me what it says.  Mom says to never sign anything without reading it, first."
"You have been raised up well."

Dr. Wily II took back the papers, and adjusted his glasses.

"I hereby declare that I will, in my best capacity, assist in the research given to me. If I'm unable to, the Pokemon of my choosing will replace me in my stead. The University will not be held responsible for any injury or death caused by or during the term of research. If a Pokemon is chosen, it will be under full care of the University."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #671 on: December 16, 2013, 01:00:58 PM
Trak took a very, very long moment to consider it. "Question.  Since it's part-time, basically we'll both be here, except I'll be able to duck out and run errands from time to time, correct?  Runaway will be cared for in my absence, but he does not become property of the university, right?  If we need to go back to Kalos for a family emergency, for example, he'd be coming with me, no questions asked. I'm used to him doing lab work, as he does that at Sycamore's lab, but he's still my Pokemon."

Runaway gave a curt and decisive nod, put one arm around Trak's shoulders, then pointed to himself, then to her.  "Je suis la sien Pokémon." I am her Pokemon.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #672 on: December 16, 2013, 01:29:18 PM
"For your first question. Yes, you can duck out to run errands and such. Of course, he will, and always will be, your Pokemon. He will not become property of the University."

Dr. Wily II smiled, hiding the tiniest print. Indeed, after signing, the Alakazam will not become property of the University. It will become property of him.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #673 on: December 16, 2013, 01:38:57 PM
Trak was still hesitant, as she was unable to read the documents herself.  She preferred to read such things first, rather than have them read to her, but the font size, color, watermark, layout, and everything about the page was preventing her from reading it.  Certainly her eyes were not that bad!  How come she couldn't read it?  And who was the genius to design such a terrible page layout?

Runaway looked from Trak to Wily, then back again.  He grabbed Trak's bag and began to dig through it, pulling out the Wide Lens.  He held it aloft. "Viola!"

"Great idea, Runaway!" Trak smiled, taking the lens. "Now I can read that darn thing!"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: December 16, 2013, 01:41:43 PM
Dr. Wily II slightly cringed at the appearance of the Wide Lens, but believed that his tiniest print would not be picked up by those Lens. He handed the documents back to Trak. He still had his concealed Malamar... If things took a turn.