Christopher Hart

how about no

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #626 on: May 14, 2012, 11:03:24 PM
I do see some errors with the books, but no one is perfect and plus it's ART STYLE for the different drawing. Not all manga need to be all in the same style to be good, though I do wonder why there isn't a lot of "How to Draw" books with different variety of women, they're all thin in a way. Kinda weird, he can't be the only one that does that.

But still the have helped me before to improve in a way.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #627 on: May 14, 2012, 11:18:17 PM
but no one is perfect and plus it's ART STYLE for the different drawing.

Never, EVER use "it's my/their style!" as a defense against wonky anatomy or anything like that. It's not a defense, it's an excuse.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #628 on: May 14, 2012, 11:24:27 PM
Never, EVER use "it's my/their style!" as a defense against wonky anatomy or anything like that. It's not a defense, it's an excuse.

But it's a style, whether or not the anatomy is perfect or not. I've see wonkier anatomy than that and still people like it, though I can't remember off the top of my head what the name of the titles were.

So... does One Piece fall under that category as well?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #629 on: May 14, 2012, 11:40:39 PM
So... does One Piece fall under that category as well?

Not necessarily.

"It's my style!" is mostly used by people who cannot and will not accept critique, and try to justify their artistic flaws (not merely abstract or anything like that, but genuine flaws) as a "style". It's basically telling the other person that you don't want their artistic advice.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #630 on: May 15, 2012, 12:08:07 AM
Not necessarily.

"It's my style!" is mostly used by people who cannot and will not accept critique, and try to justify their artistic flaws (not merely abstract or anything like that, but genuine flaws) as a "style". It's basically telling the other person that you don't want their artistic advice.

I understand, people prefer a unique look or style to their art BUT they need to hear a bit of critique to help fix up their art while keeping their unique style as at the same time the anatomy is correct for it. Kinda like One Piece, right?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #631 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10:34 AM
Maybe.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #632 on: May 15, 2012, 12:57:36 AM
You should try to pick up a copy of The Vilppu Drawing Manual. There's probably copies of it on Amazon. Also, I seriously hope you consider taking some art classes and figure drawing classes. There's only so much a bunch of people online can do to help you out. You'll want to get some formal training if you are really serious about pursuing a career as an artist. ...Then again, that last bit of advice might not apply to ALL artists. Some are already better than others and might not NEED that much formal training, but then again, it never hurts to take some classes to hone your skills.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #633 on: May 15, 2012, 01:13:48 AM
You should try to pick up a copy of The Vilppu Drawing Manual. There's probably copies of it on Amazon. Also, I seriously hope you consider taking some art classes and figure drawing classes. There's only so much a bunch of people online can do to help you out. You'll want to get some formal training if you are really serious about pursuing a career as an artist. ...Then again, that last bit of advice might not apply to ALL artists. Some are already better than others and might not NEED that much formal training, but then again, it never hurts to take some classes to hone your skills.

The Vilppu Drawing Manual... interesting. I'll definitely pick that up, anything to help improve my drawing skills!
Well I'm not exactly pursuing a career as an artist, unless you count becoming a Game Illustrator as I want to get into Game Development and make some games, as well as making my own manga series on the side... so definitely like into anything that can help me, I much to learn.

Figure Drawing Classes would definitely help, I've done drawings are people before but very rarely so I'll definitely keep at it. I'll search around online to see what's the closest place where I live to take those kinds of courses... and the pricing varies from place to place, right? 

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #634 on: May 15, 2012, 04:54:33 AM
One Piece's anatomy is fine, I don't get what you're talking about there.

You don't seem to understand what it means to have "good anatomy", respecting the anatomical rules doesn't mean that you have to turn every single character you make as if it were a Vitruvian Man, with perfect proportions everywhere.

I said it already, if you want to mess up with anatomy, you have to make it in a way that makes sense, and for that you must know what's under every character's skin.

Take Mickey for example (or pretty much any Disney character for that matter). The mouse almost looks like he is made of rubber, has a big ass head, hands and feet, and a small body. Now, you think that's wrong? No. Why? Because the proportions are damn well handled, because even though he almost looks like he is made of rubber, he has a bone structure underneath him. That's why you don't see him making weird poses like that character of yours.

Anyway, gotta go, I'll keep going latter.

Posted on: May 14, 2012, 11:16:06 PM
K, I'm back, so I'll make one small addition to what I was saying before.

While looking for Mickey pics, I found a pose that looks pretty close of what you tried to make with your character.

Look the way the hips are, how the whole body looks balanced, and if you try the pose, it's not uncomfortable at all (that's more important as you may think, uncomfortable poses ALWAYS look really fake and unnatural), and those are pretty much all of the things we tried to critic on your drawing, but blatantly ignored with your lame excuses.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #635 on: February 15, 2013, 06:02:46 AM
Valentine's Day sketch ideas...

Hey there! I was planning on doing some Valentine's Day drawings but sadly the day is nearly over and I won't be able to finish even one of the in time. However I have envision what they're about so here's small sketches of these drawing ideas I had for some of my Valentine's Day pictures.

Top Left
Chris "Yuushi" Corona x Ami Rozu (Original Characters)

The first one is about my original characters, Chris "Yuushi" Corona and Ami "Nightingale" Rozu, from my original global manga series "Virakins". Basically this one is where Ami hooks her arm around Chris' arm comments that she's only doing that because it's Valentine's Day and it's for the special occasion... acting deredere with Chris as Ami is a classic tsundere character. Basically Chris is caught off guard as Ami looks away embarrassed.

Top Right
Chris "Shadowheart" Corona x Iris Livier (LaTale)

This picture is one featuring one of my many alternate reality/universe version of Chris Corona where he is paired up with Iris Livier from the MMORPG "LaTale" as he carries her in a bridal style. His middle name is a placeholder, I'm not sure what I should use instead.

Bottom Left

Ami Rozu (OC)

This picture is deciphering Ami Rozu's birthday which is Feburary 14th which is also Valentine's Day were its a special day for her as the birthday girl and spend time with her boyfriend (Chris maybe?)... though due to her disliking boys because of their attitude it's hard for her to enjoy even on her own birthday until a kind-hearted young man brings a smile back on her face, though she won't admit it.

Bottom Right

Chris "Shadowheart" Corona x Iris Livier (LaTale)

This is a "steamy" picture where Chris and Iris are in bed together making out with each other with only a blanket covering half of their body. I wonder what could've happen to lead to that event? ;)

I had more ideas, but this is it for now. Sorry if the sketches are too light to see but these are drawings I wanted to finish on Valentine's Day... maybe it's better to be late than never, right? I hope you like these ideas.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #636 on: February 15, 2013, 08:15:10 AM
I don't get it... what's the difference between Chris "Shadowheart" Corona and Chris "Yuushi" Corona besides their nicknames (or middle names)?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #637 on: June 07, 2013, 09:30:42 AM
I don't get it... what's the difference between Chris "Shadowheart" Corona and Chris "Yuushi" Corona besides their nicknames (or middle names)?

The middle names are cursor marks to tell which universe each of the Chris comes from, Chris "Yuushi" Corona comes from the "Virakins" universe which is my main and original series while Chris "Shadowheart" Corona exists in the "LaTale" story universe (where he lives in a different version of the world "Magleutix" which is an alternate version of the "Virakins" universe's "Magleutix").

The two Chris differ with their personalities, how they live their life, changes to the family (in some universes Chris is either an only child, has a younger sister (most of the time), and has both an older and younger sister), different fighting styles and abilities, different friends and love interests (Ami Rozu for the "Virakins" universe and Iris Livier for the "LaTale" universe), etc...

Kinda like the Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man series.

Chris "Shadowheart" Corona (I really need to give a better middle name for this one) has a childish, outgoing, blunt personality and acts impish and excitable with his pranks and tease, but has mature and understandable side underneath due to the way he lived his life. This Chris was "born" with the Virakin powers, or power of darkness as the people refer to it, unlike the Chris from the "Virakins" universe where he merges with the Virakin power later on in his life. He has no parents or siblings and only an uncle (or his Chris' mentor in the "Virakins" and is not his uncle in that world) and great-grandfather and hardly has any friends at the start.

Chris "Yuushi" Corona is a sweet, shy, uncertain young man that takes things easy and cherishes his friends but questions himself about what the right thing to do and is still learning and growing up though his cheerful side shines though. He gains his Virakin powers later and his has great potential, but he's sadly weak and cannot bring out the full powers of a Virakin which is why he struggles a lot in his fights but doesn't give up. Has parents but are currently aware, has a younger sister, childhood friends with a princess Oni and elven girl along with his best friend Alvin (who is Chris' best friend in almost all universe he appears in) and a red-haired chinese girl named Raine.

But there are things that are reflected between each version of Chris... they never take a life no matter how evil or bad a person or being is, also has a naive and optimistic outlook on life as well as try to understand from both sides of the story to make a fair judgement, has a huge appetite (common for Shonen heroes), always manages to put a smile on their friends faces, never abandon someone in need. Stuff like that... it's more easier to show off his actions than writing.

And each universe has a different story to tale about each Chris.

Posted on: February 15, 2013, 08:56:18 AM
Touhou - Baby Mokou Sketches

Hey there! It's been some time since my last batch of sketches and while I was surfing the net due to a friend of mine showing me some pictures of my favorite characters I can across some images that had drawings of baby versions of some characters and they are so adorable I couldn't help but draw them myself and I had the sudden urge to draw baby characters now.

Just so simply sketching and I hope it came out good it's been a while since I last drew and I added a chibi version of a character from a fanbook I looked it.

I do not owe the rights to this characters nor the original drawings of them as I used these pictures as reference for Baby Mokou (she is so cute!) and credits to the person who drew these and submitted the artwork here:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1383233?tags=reisen_udongein_inaba
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1385780?tags=reisen_udongein_inaba
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1385782?tags=reisen_udongein_inaba
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1385783?tags=reisen_udongein_inaba
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1385787?tags=reisen_udongein_inaba

Be warned, the site might has some NSFW (Not-Safe-For-Work) pictures in the ads and such just be careful already... there are some pictures not might to be seen by the innocent mind.

I did my best to draw these sketches by sketching a light circle for her head but didn't really make shape sketches for the rest of her body plus there's hardly any drawing tutorials on drawing baby characters especially in a similar style like this and I would very much like to see if such a tutorial exist, I want to draw baby characters in my stories especially when I pair my characters together.

Fujiwara no Mokou & Reimu Hakurei © ZUN and Team Shanghai Alice

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #638 on: May 18, 2015, 10:50:03 PM
Has it been 2 years since my last post here? Huh, time flies. Nothing really to say but recently I created these two RMXP-style sprites for a friend's RPG Project he's working on.

Hatate Himekaidou RMXP Touhou Sprite:

Pixiv site: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50439595

This is my version of Hatate Himekaidou (姫海棠 はたて) from the bullet hell game series, Touhou (東方), in RPG Maker XP (RPGツクールXP) sprite style as it didn't seem anyone made a spirte of her for the RMXP so I decided to make her myself. I made her using GraphicsGale and the layers in that program help to create the different parts of her body with ease without losing any previous progress like in MS Paint. You can freely use this sprite for anything, just give proper credit! ^_^

Chiyuri Kitashirakawa RMXP Touhou Sprite:

Pixiv site: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50439618

This is my version of Chiyuri Kitashirakawa (北白河 ちゆり) from the bullet hell game series, Touhou (東方), in RPG Maker XP (RPGツクールXP) sprite style as it didn't seem anyone made a spirte of her for the RMXP so I decided to make her myself. I made her using GraphicsGale and the layers in that program help to create the different parts of her body with ease without losing any previous progress like in MS Paint. You can freely use this sprite for anything, just give proper credit! ^_^

What do you guys think of them? I made and finished the Hatate sprite on March 22nd and a couple of days back I just made and finished the Chiyuri one. I think I need to touch up on the sprites a bit more, but I think they came out great.

Honestly there were no RMXP versions of these characters and my friend's Touhou RPG Project needed them (well mostly Chiyuri, Hatate was a bonus) for the main story so I went ahead on my own time to work on it themselves and give them to him as well for anyone who wants them.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #639 on: May 26, 2015, 08:05:54 AM
Alright, I created a couple of more new Touhou sprites RMXP style after noticing my friend's RPG has Portraits for her but no RMXP sprites of her existed so here she is!

Kogasa Tatara (No Umbrella) RMXP Touhou Sprite

Pixiv Site version: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50500281

This is my version of Kogasa Tatara (多々良 小傘) from the bullet hell game series, Touhou (東方), in RPG Maker XP (RPGツクールXP) sprite style as it didn't seem anyone made a spirte of her for the RMXP so I decided to make her myself. I made her using GraphicsGale and the layers in that program help to create the different parts of her body with ease without losing any previous progress like in MS Paint. You can freely use this sprite for anything, just give proper credit! ^_^

This is the first version of her, I plan to make a second version of her with her umbrella as that's her "core" body.

Kogasa Tatara Umbrella RMXP Touhou Sprite

Pixiv Site version: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50569881

This is my version of Kogasa Tatara (多々良 小傘) from the bullet hell game series, Touhou (東方), in RPG Maker XP (RPGツクールXP) sprite style as it didn't seem anyone made a spirte of her for the RMXP so I decided to make her myself. I made her using GraphicsGale and the layers in that program help to create the different parts of her body with ease without losing any previous progress like in MS Paint. You can freely use this sprite for anything, just give proper credit! ^_^

This is her second version sprite with her umbrella added! Let me tell you it wasn't easy and a bit tricky, but I manage to add it in. I hope you guys like it!

Tell me what you think guys! ^_^

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #640 on: May 26, 2015, 08:21:42 AM
Followed'd on Pixiv. >3>

And the sprites are adorable.  What type of palette are you using?  How many colors? 

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #641 on: May 26, 2015, 09:36:56 AM
Followed'd on Pixiv. >3>

And the sprites are adorable.  What type of palette are you using?  How many colors?

Thanks.

And palettes? I didn't make a palette layout, but I can quickly go into my sprites and copy all the colors I used if you like. I had to experiment around to get the colors I wanted for them.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #642 on: November 19, 2015, 06:53:39 AM
Wow... it's been a while since I last posted in my old art topic. Anyway I finally got around making another Touhou sprite and I have to say this sprite is my best one yet!

Kasen Ibaraki RMXP-Style Sprite

Pixiv Site version: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53603390

This is my version of Kasen Ibaraki (茨木 華扇) from the bullet hell game series, Touhou (東方), in RPG Maker XP (RPGツクールXP) sprite style as it didn't seem anyone made a spirte of her for the RMXP so I decided to make her myself. I made her using GraphicsGale and it took 10 layers to design her and she's my most complex Touhou sprite yet and I love the final result for her.

You can freely use this sprite for anything, just give proper credit! ^_^

Tell me what you guys think? I really like to hear your opinions and feedback on my sprites.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #643 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:56 AM
Your sprites are better than your drawings.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #644 on: November 19, 2015, 07:04:50 AM
Your sprites are better than your drawings.

I'm still practicing that. ^_^;
I know I need to improve my drawing skills.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Loser who makes MM72 music.
  • Net Navi
  • Pon de Replay?
    • View Profile
    • MC Productions
Reply #645 on: November 21, 2015, 04:01:24 AM
Your sprites are really cool. Very good stuff you got going on.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #646 on: January 28, 2016, 12:49:33 AM
^Thank you, still improving. The sprites are basic... I can't really go TOO much details yet. I really hope I can create simple but complex sprites one day. Then again sometimes simple is better.

Anyway it's been awhile since my last hand-drawn artwork, but this is merely a sketch so give me some thoughts on it.

Chris Corona - Re-Design Hairstyle

Hey there! Been some time since my last drawing and I made this today in my spare time... I kinda got lost drawing this as I don't know how long it took but I think roughly a half an hour to draw.

Anyway this is a redesign hairstyle of my original main character, Chris Corona, that I've had in my head for a long time now and I never got a chance to do it as I've been busy playing a lot of games and now I'm busy with work so I got less time on my hands, but I had the urge to draw it today. Took a while without any reference besides my previous design to go by and I wanted to really touch up on the hairstyle I laid out before. I liked it previous, but it felt like it lacked something or it didn't seem "right" for him when I looked at his full body drawing with it. Since DBZ is one of my favorite series and a big influences in my life with drawing and my stories and decided to go a like more in that direction with this hairstyle the next time chance I got, which gives it a bit of a DBZ style flair to it that I like.

I like how it came out and it feels right and unique to my character and thinking "this is his hairstyle" after the many versions I've had of it. I had the bangs in the previous one spread between 3, but it felt off for me so I did it this way with 4 bangs over his forehead and a 5th one on the side so when he turns his head the other bang lifts up to be the "off" bang and the the other "off" bang lowers itself to be the 4th normal bang. Well in terms of symmetry a bit in my head when designing him. It's been a long road since 6th Grade when I first drew Chris... a very simple and cartoonish look who had a trident-hairstyle back in 2006 and now 10 years later this is his hairstyle now and a more anime-approach to it. True I do wish the old Trident-hair he had before, but I'm satisfy with his new hairstyle with highlights (which are natural) and I hope I can continue to improve on it for future drawings.

Now I should work on making his full appearance again with a redesign to his clothing and such. I want to envision him as perfectly as I can in my head (which can be tough at times). I'm glad you took the time to take a look at the new redesign hair for him and I appreciate some feedback on it as well. Tell me what you think, even if it's awful looking to you! XD

Until then, this is VirusChris signing off! Hokochata everybody!

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #647 on: February 25, 2016, 03:50:12 PM
I am pressed for time so I'll make this quick.

VC's new Drawing Batch #01

Made another quick batch of drawings last night when my creative juices hit me.

I did some add-ons to my MC's finalized hair when I saw a Splatoon fan-character with an interesting hairstyle and I wanted to see that part on my dude. Looks good, not sure if I'll keep the spikes below the ear but a friend of mine said he liked it so I might keep it. Actually looking at it now it my OC does look good with it so maybe.

Also worked on what the designs of my MC's pendant would look like and came across one for my other OC, who is Chris Corona's arch-rival (Shalor Umbral), after seeing what other designs I could take.

Also the emblems on my original beings for my original series are there as well. And on the side of his head is the markings for the "super" transformed state I have planned for my series. I have it in my head, but drawing it out makes it seem a tad weird but I'll get there.

Wanted something distinct for the form to set it apart from others a bit. Though kinda hard when others probably have done it as well.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #648 on: August 18, 2017, 08:09:05 AM
Wow! Has it really been more than a year since I last posted in my old topic? Heh, need to start cracking out my pictures then.

Anyway here's a quick sketch I made an hour ago:

It's been a long time since I last uploaded anything on my deviantart account, top of doing some traditional sketching on paper.
I was in a Sonic the Hedgehog mood and decided to do a quick sketch of Sonic in the CD style in honor of the new Sonic game, Sonic Mania, which I've been playing.

It's really great! I love it! I recommend you guys to get it if you hadn't if you're a Sonic fan or if you love the old 2D sprite games you might want to give it a whirl.

This sketch took me about 30 minutes to do, I felt like I could do better like make his arms a bit longer and hands a bit better however I am satisfied with it in the end. I think Sonic came out great. Tell me what you guys, think OK?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #649 on: September 28, 2017, 04:31:20 AM
An Outro Picture I'm working on and this is what I've got done so far:
YT Sonic Mania Outro WIP

Hey there! Been awhile since my last drawing and funny enough my last one was a Sonic the Hedgehog sketch and my newest upload is a YouTube Outro on Sonic!

I've played Sonic Mania and love it, my second favorite 2D Sonic game (as I thought, S3&K is still my number one favorite Sonic game), and I did a complete Let's Play recording my Sonic's story in the game. The Switch version! However I haven't uploaded ANY of my footage as I wanted to make a custom Outro for my Sonic Mania run and I FINALLY got around to drawing it all in Paint Tool Sai. Took roughly about 2 - 3 hours of making the drawing outlines and rough sketches to see what they're going to look like and before I finalize them. I'm going to need to look at some lineart tutorials and inking ones to get the desired look for it.

In my Outro I have Classic Sonic running along side of my OC, Chris Corona (who is my Avatar of sorts), in this drawing. Along with my OC's guardian spirit, Virus, flying in the back. The little blue circles below their feet is the dust trail I plan to give them to show they're running at full speed. After YouTube's update in May with how the annoations and video links work, I had to re-work my Outros. And in the midst of it I decided to make unique Outros for each series I plan to do a Let's Play on. Though I have to get my lazy butt off to do it, I've been putting it off too much. I made the Sonic Mania videos about a month ago, just when the game released, and I'm making the unique Outro NOW!

Sheesh. Move it lazy me!

Not to mention I spent most of the time working on my OC's sneakers in this one! I decided to make new sneakers for him based on my cool new sneakers as well. And it was tricky to get it right, not overly complicated but not so simple as well. Actually I'm going with a simple look with some cool designs on it. Not easy especially when I don't know where to look for some good anime sneakers to look at for reference. Had to experiment here. Also I tweaked my OC's hairstyle as bit now so the little hair tail on the bottom of his hair not point upward to be more spiky. He's starting to come along nicely.

I also hope Classic Sonic came out right too. I wanted to go with the style Sonic Mania went with and tried to do the same with my OC... though I think I went Chibi Style instead of Sonic CD Style.

And the ground they're running on is suppose to be Green Hill Zone, though I'm not sure how I'll be able to paint that in. I never could find ANY video tutorials on how to make backgrounds. Just characters. Let me know if there's any good ones at there please.

I'm taking a break on it for now as this is a Work-in-Progress. I'm posting it here to get some feedback on it. Is it good? Does it need more work on it in some areas? Any suggestions? I like to know what you think and what I can do to make it better. Videos and tips would be most helpful!

Until next time, this is VirusChris signing off! Sayanora my Nakamas! Laters!