Inafune & Ariga: Grilled By The Fans

Jericho · 30428

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
on: December 16, 2009, 04:21:59 AM
On the heels of a very special webcast event for the Rockman fandom, series veteran designer Keiji Inafune & Rockman Megamix artist Hitoshi Ariga are having an interview tomorrow for the greater majority of their Japanese fans. What's even more interesting is that now, Capcom is currently taking our questions in order to answer them at the planned event tomorrow.

So then, ladies and gentlemen, what kinds of interesting questions are on your minds? Also, what ulterior motive could be behind the team up of these two men with a history of working in the series? Discuss!

Source: Protodude's Rockman Corner

EDIT: Download an Audio Podcast of the Live Webcast here.

You can now see the Rockman 10 Trailer on the official site, or on RPM's Rockman 10 page.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:24:58 AM

You can all [sonic slicer] about Legends 3 now.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 04:28:10 AM
My my, wont this be exiting, I guess I will just see how it all plays out, tomorrow. At the time when it starts.

Offline RockmanHalo

• Just a regular Cleveland...
  • Net Navi
  • Polackman
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 04:29:06 AM
Is this going to be translated at some point, or are us non-japanese speakers just going to hear about the questions second hand?

Talk. Fast.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 04:30:16 AM
Thanks Jelly, You're the best.  owob

anyway, I posted My questions.
Hopefully at least one of these will be answered.

1.) Inafune-san, In Rockman X4, there is the infamous scene where an Irregular Zero fights against a Sigma while he was still good. During the fight, eventually, a "W" appears abruptly upon Zero's helmet gem, and seems to cause him great pain, accompanied by some manner of buzzing. Sigma used this chance to immobilize Zero. The ame thing then happens to Zero before the events of X4, in his dream sequence. What is the exact significance of this? It has been hailed as one of the biggest mysteries in the X series. Could you possibly shed some light on it?

2.)Inafune-san, even though you have put down the Cataclysm theory, there are STILL people who insist that even though Zero didnt kill anyone, that he still fought Rockman.
Could you PLEASE end that once and for all?

3.) Inafne-san, with the popularity of Rockman 9 and 10 in its 8 bit famicom style, there has been fan demand of a 16 bit X9 in its super famicom style. Which has stirred up more controversy than the 8 bit classic series, as many claim that the super famicom style is outdated, was never quite able to display certain characters/things right, and would not be able to follow the story from X8 successfully, ruining what has been built up, leaving it aside in favor of a simpler story easier to tell with the style, since the retro style includes sticking as close to the original limitations as possible.
What are your thoughts on that, and what do you say to those fans? What would your ideal graphical style be for the X series?

4.) Ariga-san, how do you feel about having Udon distribute your Rockman mangas to fans here in the United States? Also, are there any plans of maybe making a manga for Rockman 10 much like the one for Rockman 9?

5.) Ariga-san, How would you feel if you got to design the artwork for a Megaman game? As we all know, you were responsible for the Robot master designs in Rockman & Forte, and you even made the cover art for the Japanese box. But, how would you feel if you were asked to be the one who does the actual in game artwork and overall artistic design?

Suffice to say, If Ariga ever DID get to be the guy to direct the art in the game, Id cream my pants.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:42:12 AM
Ariga's Rockman designs top the hell out of the other artists doing official work within Capcom guaranteed. Hell, he even one upped Toru Nakayama with his renditions of the four generals. Seeing all of that in game, especially cel-shaded would be an amazing experience.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 04:43:56 AM
Wait, I never saw that! he did the big 4?
Though honestly, while he is great, I dont think he should be compared with Sensei in terms of whos better. They are both great at how they do it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 04:47:37 AM
You see, this is the only reason why I hate Ariga (not directly though). I can never find his art on the internet without a massive search through. He did do all four though.

As for your second comment, while I do agree, I must say that I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't pick Ariga over Sensei if given the chance.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 04:50:04 AM
You see, this is the only reason why I hate Ariga (not directly though). I can never find his art on the internet without a massive search through. He did do all four though.

As for your second comment, while I do agree, I must say that I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't pick Ariga over Sensei if given the chance.
Well of course, if only because it would be very cool to see, since hes never actually done so. He did the RM design for RnF, but adhering to classic Megaman style.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 05:11:44 AM
Europeans, if you want to join the live talk, wake up early in the Thursday morning. 6:00 or earlier. >v<;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 05:19:18 AM
Wait, I never saw that! he did the big 4?
You see, this is the only reason why I hate Ariga (not directly though). I can never find his art on the internet without a massive search through.
They're still up on his site, of course  :P: http://www.ancient.co.jp/~ariga/
Even though he moved to the current blog, his previous site is still up and running. Only problem is, to find them you have to constantly refresh to get a new top image; it's not in a easy to grab gallery format.

I know I have them, I just have to weed through and find them all. Somebody might beat me to them. Here's Levi at least:

But yeah, I remember Phantom and Harpuia were awesome.

And I love how so many of the kids asking questions to Inafune/Ariga don't even bother reading through questions already posted and just repeat the same thing over and over, hoping THEIR name will be the one tacked onto the question that's been asked 20 times. 'Course Turian basically asked the same as mine, and we were just minutes apart, so who am I to judge. XD

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 05:25:43 AM
Damn! I thought this is about a good ol case of cannibalism!  8D

Well, hopefully we're going to get something useful out of this BBQ.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 06:06:05 AM
@ Miyabi.
sweet. I have the patience to do that, dont worry.

anyway, for anyone who needs it,

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Posted on: December 15, 2009, 11:46:02 PM
Alright, so if it's 9:00 PST, then that means it's about... 12:00 over here in NY?
meh. Ive been up later.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 06:11:49 AM
Only problem is, to find them you have to constantly refresh to get a new top image; it's not in a easy to grab gallery format.

Why couldn't the site have a gallery? Seriously, after the (literally) 1000th time I pressed F5 they would've showed AT LEAST once >_<

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 06:13:55 AM
Dear Inafune,

Please won't you give Blues his own game & series?

Bluesily yours,
Protoman Blues

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 06:15:24 AM
Alright, so if it's 9:00 PST, then that means it's about 5:00 EST...
The world spins the other way, there, Flame. 9 PM on the West Coast means it actually would be Big Apple: 12 AM.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 06:16:57 AM
The world spins the other way, there, Flame. 9 PM on the West Coast means it actually would be Big Apple: 12 AM.
Yeah lol. I realized that and corrected it when I noticed I looked at the wrong spot on the converter.
also, Superman made it spin backwards! D:

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 01:52:13 PM
@ miyabi
I didn't know Ariga moved sites. What site's his blog on? Also, since I saved them long ago:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 02:04:17 PM
Man. He really did outdo Nakayama there.
I especially like that Phantom.
Yknow, seriously, this guy should be Megaman's official Mangaka for Capcom. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:51 PM
So, how'd this go?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:43:15 PM
So, how'd this go?

We'll find out in about 9-12 hours. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:38 PM
Ahh, PM.  I thought it was AM.  Nevermind!

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 08:49:29 PM
9:00PM PST
Me too... -AC
I just remembered I might not stay up late for this, seeing as how I myself am a resident of the Big Apple.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 08:53:33 PM
The broadcast (outside of Japan at least) will take place at Stickam, for those curious.

The whole website has received a lovely Mega Man-makeover!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 08:54:30 PM
Ahh, PM.  I thought it was AM.  Nevermind!
And that´s why it´s better to have a 24 hour stystem!  owob