Zero was way cooler before he became playable.

Sub Tank · 30632

Offline IHZ

• Net Navi
  • SHOOOSH
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:18 AM
Speaking of it, Where does the Flame kick from Maverick Hunter X comes from? I was very very suprised to see Zero flame kick the hell out of me as Vile when I first got to this boss fight.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #101 on: April 09, 2009, 03:30:20 AM
It was originally a Street Fighter move. Gouki/Akuma used it first, then Capcom pulled a SF on X4 by turning Magmard Dragoon into Gouki, adding Drop Kick, Hadouken, Shoryuken and other things in there.

This made it so that X would be Ryu, Zero would be Ken and Sigma would be Vega/Bison. 8D

Zero got SF moves in later games, X8 being the latest, where you could do Shoryuken, Tatsu Maki Senpuu Kyaku and the Flame Kick. More noticable if wearing the knuckles. It's the same for Layer. X got Hadouken in X1 and Shoryuken in X2. Too bad Tatsu Maku Senpuu Kyaku wasn't in X3, but the Gold Armor was neat too. ^^

So yea, Street Fighter was the reason for Zero's Flame Kick. Probably for fan service, but also because both X8 and IHX were 2.5D, the Capcom team were able to give that move to Zero more easily that way. ^^ </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: April 09, 2009, 03:43:06 AM
also, Omega's 7 hit move is called Shungokusatsen. (without spaces I think.)

also, relevant.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #103 on: April 09, 2009, 03:45:33 AM
Capcom just loves street fighter references.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:01 AM
wait... who does that make Dynamo?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: April 09, 2009, 04:26:19 AM
I told you, DynamoMan.

Offline IHZ

• Net Navi
  • SHOOOSH
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: April 09, 2009, 04:27:59 AM
Dynamon is El Fuerte...or Attitude Wise, he's probably Dee Jay.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: April 09, 2009, 08:01:06 AM
If he would wear a mask we would know who he is....Wait a sec.! So Vile is actually Vega and not Boba Fett?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: April 09, 2009, 08:09:31 AM
blocking... that was odd, even for an X game, as Zero is the only character in the X series to ever block like that.
Umm... that depends on what you mean by that sentence. There's plenty of enemies that block throughout the whole series, so you'll have to be a little more specific.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: April 09, 2009, 09:20:47 PM
well, that i remember, bosses usually dont.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: April 09, 2009, 10:46:30 PM
some can. i would think Shield Sheldon would be an obvious example. Neon Tiger also comes to mind.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: April 09, 2009, 11:50:10 PM
some can. i would think Shield Sheldon would be an obvious example. Neon Tiger also comes to mind.
oh. forgot bout those.
well, the pont stands though, that playable characters cant block like that.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #113 on: April 10, 2009, 04:50:48 AM
Point is, no matter how much I like or dislike Zero, he seemed so much greater before you could play as him. Or perhaps he sucked the whole time and we just never knew. We just assumed he was awesome. Maybe.  [eyebrow]
We all just assumed.  Try using the Speed Burner on him in X2, and he's screwed.  You can also cancel out his buster shots with your own.

also, you do get to use the moves Zero does in X2.

Yeah, the ground-punch is a signature move of his (I still haven't forgiven Inti for it being absent in all but one of their games).  But there's a lot more to the X2 arsenal than that.  The ol' 3-shot saber wave combo was never really done properly in the player's hands until Model OX.  X3 Zero lacked the wave, and X3 X's (armored) buster was too damn slow/weak.  And NO GAME WHATSOEVER has put X2's dashing attack into the player's hands, either.  Believe me, I would remember if we were ever allowed to use the saber to ram an enemy into the wall.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: April 10, 2009, 04:56:35 AM
And NO GAME WHATSOEVER has put X2's dashing attack into the player's hands, either.  Believe me, I would remember if we were ever allowed to use the saber to ram an enemy into the wall.

well, Shippuuga has a similar animation and function, sort of. same goes for Sentsuizan, except that travels diagonally downward.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: April 10, 2009, 05:23:16 AM
that one ex skill in the zero series? >>

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #116 on: April 10, 2009, 05:24:55 AM
Shippuga is *a* dashing attack, it is not the X2 dashing attack.  Same goes for Gale Attack and the like from Zero series.

And how the crap do you get a similar animation/function with Shippuga?  The two are nothing alike.  Shippuga is a one-time full circle slash that brings your dash to a halt, and has no knockback on the enemy.  The X2 attack has the blade extended for the entirety of the dash, start to finish, and never does Zero spin around as he does with Shippuga.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: April 10, 2009, 06:26:47 AM
i guess i misremembered. it's been a while since i fought Zero in X2.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #118 on: June 26, 2009, 04:07:30 AM
Shippuga is *a* dashing attack, it is not the X2 dashing attack.  Same goes for Gale Attack and the like from Zero series.

And how the crap do you get a similar animation/function with Shippuga?  The two are nothing alike.  Shippuga is a one-time full circle slash that brings your dash to a halt, and has no knockback on the enemy.  The X2 attack has the blade extended for the entirety of the dash, start to finish, and never does Zero spin around as he does with Shippuga.

Is the spin that important?  The X2 attack was a boss fight upgrade, like the way the copy weapons look more awesome when the bosses use them, but the player gets somewhat more usable versions.  If they were the same, everyone would complain about how easy the game was.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: June 26, 2009, 05:48:01 AM
Is the spin that important?  The X2 attack was a boss fight upgrade, like the way the copy weapons look more awesome when the bosses use them, but the player gets somewhat more usable versions.  If they were the same, everyone would complain about how easy the game was.
And it just turns out you revived a month old thread. Way to go, necroposting kid.