• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #450 on: April 26, 2010, 09:19:53 AM
BECAUSE I HAVE AWAKENED THEE! AHAHAHAHAHA

Also, you already said that in the Movies topic... hehe ^_^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #451 on: April 27, 2010, 12:38:05 AM
Dude I hate the movie just as much as you do for pretty much the same reasons.  Plus I think that movies like that shouldn't be in 3-D.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #452 on: April 27, 2010, 12:42:09 AM
I think this whole 3-D movie thing is just plain dumb, personally.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #453 on: April 27, 2010, 12:45:13 AM
I think this whole 3-D movie thing is just plain dumb, personally.
Me too dude, me too.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #454 on: April 27, 2010, 07:05:56 AM
I never actually planned on watching it...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #455 on: April 27, 2010, 07:18:57 AM
Nor did I...

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #456 on: June 19, 2010, 09:36:45 PM
Holy crap it's been a while since I posted in here. I blame school.

To revive the thread with some content here's my thoughts on E3. An update to the LP should come soonish. Hopefully tomorrow if things go well.

---
The big three have given their piece on how they're the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to gaming. So how do they stack up? Well, that depends on who you're talking about...

Microsoft: 95% of this conference was about the Kinect (The new name of Project Natal) and the games that could be played on the system. Which according to the press conference is just party games and for the most part. Kinect will be launching with 15 games. One of which is called Kinect Sports... Microsoft, we need to have a talk. If you're going to be copying your competitors at least don't name one of your games EXACTLY like your competitor's game. Even the logo is the same!

Then there's also Kinectimals, a game in that's like Nintendo dogs but with exotic animals instead. Its showing has essentially become a meme on the internet now.

There were three non-Kinect games shown in the beginning of the conference, with Halo: Reach surprising me at how good it looked, largely the conference was boring. I really didn't expect anyone else to do worse than this.

While the price hasn't officially been announced by Microsoft many retailers are already pricing Kinect at $150. While steep, that still isn't as much as the Move is.

Nintendo: Holy crap did Nintendo surprise me. Not only did Nintendo stop bragging about how many Wiis that they've sold, they also showed some GAMES for the console. And not just another Mario sports game and Just Dance 2 but games like Legends of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii and Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS.

Oh, here's the best part: The 3DS is a brand new console. And from the sounds of things it's AMAZING. While I haven't seen the 3D effect for myself, everywhere I've read about how amazing the 3D effect is. What's more amazing is the line up of games for the system. This includes Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4.

While Nintendo played to the nostalgia factor in this conference, it was still an amazing press conference. This more than makes up for the last couple E3s. Oh right, I forgot the best news of all: There was no Cammy at all during the conference. So we were spared from hearing about how she sprained her wrist or he lame friends.

Sony: My god, this was worse than Microsoft's conference somehow. There were some games, sure, but the entire conference was mostly montages and adverts. A new ad campaign for the PSP was launched via an obnoxious kid by the name of Marcus. Kevin Butler gave an epic speech about gaming, however the epicness went away when the price of the Move controller was announced: $49.99 for the Move and $29.99 for the Navigational add-on. There's a bundle which features the PSEye, the Move controller, and a Wii sports knock off for $99.99... But you still have to buy the Navigational add-on. Sony seems to be fighting with Microsoft to see who the worst in show is..

I actually did some number crunching, and it's actually cheaper to buy a Wiimote, a Nunchuck, and Red Steel 2 with WiimotionPlus than to buy the Move Bundle and the Navigational Controller. It's a $10 difference, but it's still cheaper and more rewarding.

So there you have it. The big three's press conferences summarized for your reading pleasure. In a surprising turn of events Nintendo wiped the floor with Microsoft and Sony this year. The last thing I'll say is this: I'll be buying a 3DS day one because of this conference.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #457 on: June 19, 2010, 09:41:46 PM
I blame Reggie.

Nice write-up. Good points there, too. ^_^

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #458 on: June 20, 2010, 08:28:14 AM
Didn't watch Sony's, but seeing what you wrote, thank god I didn't? XD

Though Microsoft's and Nintendo's are pretty spot-on. :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #459 on: June 20, 2010, 05:27:44 PM
SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4.

That thing better have online play unlike 100% of the PSP fighting games, and like a good number of DS ones (but at least there are some that do have it). Seriously, what's the point of not having an online mode? -___-

Also, I don't know if Sony's conference was really worse than MS's (because I didn't watch that one =P), but from what I've heard it's more like MS's one was bad in a hilarious way (oh boy, the Cirque du Soleil presentation XD), and Sony's was bad in a boring way.

Anyways, you MUST write about the other conferences too, at least Konami's since that one was...well...just watch it if you haven't.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #460 on: June 20, 2010, 05:35:55 PM
but from what I've heard it's more like MS's one was bad in a hilarious way (oh boy, the Cirque du Soleil presentation XD),
But it was all about this! 8D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYtH28esTg[/youtube]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.