Police Girl · 62573

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: July 15, 2009, 06:41:30 AM
Hey, what do we have here?

Now how de they plan on unlocking it?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: July 15, 2009, 10:49:25 PM
Hey, what do we have here?

"

Now how de they plan on unlocking it?

I think you have to beat cancerwave or whatever that guy's name was... (BTW, anyone wanna chat with me on xat?)

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: July 15, 2009, 11:48:19 PM
Mu Star get.

Guess I still have more to do, hah. Two silver stars remain...

(also, what is that picture supposed to be, it's an X for me)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:05 AM
(also, what is that picture supposed to be, it's an X for me)

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:39 AM
Well, I hope this means there's a book in the making and that I won't have to keep deactivating my Noise Mods and satellite server to fight people online soon.

However, if there's any indication from the Japanese version, when these mods are unlocked (since both fully work in the game) Gemini and Rogue users... ESPECIALLY Rogue users... will become severely overpowered. With Gemini's, you can at least form a five card straight to get Status Guard and never have to worry about being stunned. Rogues are far more annoying because of the barrier, lock-on break and +50 to all sword chips (This makes the Bushido family EXTREMELY deadly.)

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: July 16, 2009, 08:08:50 PM
Well, I hope this means there's a book in the making and that I won't have to keep deactivating my Noise Mods and satellite server to fight people online soon.

However, if there's any indication from the Japanese version, when these mods are unlocked (since both fully work in the game) Gemini and Rogue users... ESPECIALLY Rogue users... will become severely overpowered. With Gemini's, you can at least form a five card straight to get Status Guard and never have to worry about being stunned. Rogues are far more annoying because of the barrier, lock-on break and +50 to all sword chips (This makes the Bushido family EXTREMELY deadly.)

I wouldn't say Bushido and Rogue make the ultimate combination, or at least one of the bitchiest. The Bushido swords ONLY hit the panel in front, so something like SwordFighterX would be harder to beat. That hits like 5 times for 60 a hit. Add in +50 and that's 110 a hit, 550 total. Bushido can barely hit half that, and the power DOES decrease as you go further down in the row. 5 SwordFighterX's results in over 2000 damage total. Granted that IS if all the hits connect, there's still the area of effect and hitting the sides about 3-4 times. One thing to help stop all that, though, is Anti-sword. Granted at most you'll prevent 5 sword attacks, it's STILL something. If the Noise Gear pops up and Rogue's start using more and more swords, Anti-Sword will get REALLY popular, REALLY fast.

I did do the math, and the most amount of damage one is likely to inflict on someone with SwordFighterX is 3250. The number pretty much WILL be lower or higher depending on what you have and how lucky you are. The dead minimum is 2750, while the absolute highest is 4250 (that's taking into account 5 atk+10's on each SwordFighterX somehow, PLUS Atk Panel being used constantly). So, either way SwordFighterX is probably going to be the more popular one. I don't know how much damage Bushido does, but it depends on how it's effect goes (for instance, does it only apply to the card behind it? Does it count every version of the card? If so, does each version give out a different boost? Does each version get a different boost?). If it's able to hit more than 550-850 per swing after being powered up, then depending on how much results in it being better than SwordFighterX

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: July 16, 2009, 09:04:48 PM
@STM: Destroy Upper and the knucles laugh at their Status Guard.

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #157 on: July 17, 2009, 12:49:38 PM
You know this game is making me really wish that the anime continued for another season.  There's a pretty solid plot this time around aside from the sheer variety in gameplay.

I seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut though.  While I rocked the Wolf Noise for a while, I've settled on Cygnus now.  The fact that it gives bonuses to non elemental cards, which just happen to be the very cards that raise your noise, means it finalizes super fast.  For some reason though the game just refuses to give me anything outside of those two, crown, virgo, and taurus.  I'm beginning to think that the chances of getting certain forms may be weighted depending on which version of the game you get.

AntiBunny

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #158 on: July 17, 2009, 05:39:42 PM
I fought "Crimson Dragon". I beat it, then I fight the second form.... 8000 HP!

One Black End Galaxy later, and boom! Insta-death. >U<

I beat the game~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: July 17, 2009, 05:42:56 PM
@Frag: That's one of those things you're already supposed to know before you choose your version >_>

It's something like 15% chance for your version's forms, and 5% for the others.   

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: July 18, 2009, 04:46:20 AM
Bushido cards power up when used with any Bushido card, it seems. Also, the one-panel hit changes into widesword range and then...lifeswordy range, I suppose.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #161 on: July 18, 2009, 09:24:39 AM
Star Force 3 Defenetly owns, if you've beaten the game, just look at the ending, you'll know why.

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: July 19, 2009, 12:06:31 AM
Bushido cards power up when used with any Bushido card, it seems. Also, the one-panel hit changes into widesword range and then...lifeswordy range, I suppose.

Still, that's 250 a hit from Bushido X, 300 with Rogue on. Sword Fighter X hits for 300 no matter what, and 550 with Rogue on. With 5 Bushido X cards being used in a row, and assuming the power carries over and it's not just the very next card behind it, that's 400/450 with/without Rogue. Since it'd decrease by 50 each time, that's 400+350+300+250+200 = 1500 damage. That's the same amount of damage that Sword Fighter X hits for, and it doesn't even need to be used at the same time in order to hit that. Add in Rogue's boost, and that's 2750 damage, almost twice the amount than before, and still 1000 points stronger than 5 Bushido X's with Rogue. Unless Bushido X gets a power multiplier, as in the 3rd card in the row gives out 100 and not 50 points and so on, Sword Fighter X is the deadlier Sword card between the two. Granted Bushido hits that 1500 or whatever fairly equally if it gets a Wide Sword effect, you also have to get all 5 of them used in a single turn. Sword Fighter X doesn't have that much of a worry.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: July 19, 2009, 12:19:24 AM
Bushido's boost stays even as you use them, so that'd actually be 400/450x5 which equals 2000/2250.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #164 on: July 19, 2009, 12:26:11 AM
Yea, just make sure you pick the cards first, one after another, and things will look very neat later. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: July 19, 2009, 12:27:45 AM
Also, Sword Fighter is a multihitter, which means you're as good as countered by anyone with Super Armor, unlike Bushido.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: July 19, 2009, 05:18:05 AM
Bushido's boost stays even as you use them, so that'd actually be 400/450x5 which equals 2000/2250.

that doesn't even make any sense. The cards aren't there, the power should be brought down. The logic just doesn't work. By that logic then, it should be possible to get the Jack Corvus and Queen Virgo boosts just by using the X versions and not worrying about having to have another copy behind the other. Besides, with Rogue boost, Sword Fighter is STILL the stronger card, and you need to have all 5 Bushido cards used at the same time in order to hit the 2250 while Sword Fighter is 500 points stronger. It also gets a bigger boost from attack panel or attack +10 since that's essentially +50 to the overall damage.

Also, Sword Fighter is a multihitter, which means you're as good as countered by anyone with Super Armor, unlike Bushido.

There's Mega Boost, your own Super Armor, the fact that ANY close range attack can be easily countered (Sword Fighter just lasts longer, the only down side while dealing damage), using Invisible, there's just a good number of things that prevent being countered an issue.

All in all though, Sword Fighter is just better because if you were to actually apply it all to combat, what are the odds of getting 5 Bushido X cards on the screen without ANY of them being overlapped? How much of a strenuous effort would you have to put just to be able to pull it off? At least with Sword Fighter it's a good bit of damage without too much worry. The primary difference between Bushido and Sword Fighter is the ability to break Auras, but considering how many Wind cards there are, as well as the fact that there are so many 100+ damage dealing cards now (and a good chunk of ground altering ways to get rid of Holy Panel), that argument gets thrown out the window and the two cards are still stuck duking it out as to which is the better Sword card between the two, and for Rogue's, the damage output of Sword Fighter is just stronger.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: July 19, 2009, 05:40:16 AM
@1st part: Who cares if it doesn't make sense? Complain to Capcom, I actually tested it >_>

Offline Magnus Ragnar

• Persona 3/4 Addicted
  • Resistance Member
  • A Fool Named Fortune: Reshuffled
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Account!
Reply #168 on: July 19, 2009, 09:45:56 AM
I'd like to point out that using SwordFighter or Bushido is a matter of personal oppinion so if you think the card is better, then whatever. Doesn't matter if the damage SAYS one is better, it's still your oppinion

Also, I do hold StarForce 3 as the best in the series, but they need to turn down the amounts of BROKEN that are the Finalizes. I mean, Sweet Zombie JEBUS, the Forms are good enough on their own but adding in the Meteor Folder just makes them so broken TRIBE KING looks balanced. At least you can't get Ace or Joker at the start of the game like you could Tribe King. But enough about my nit picking, back to the whole game!

It's truely fun to use the Noise forms, even if getting my beloved Rogue Noise took me forever, and kicking the crap out of Queen Virgo with Corvus Noise was still fun even though i never COULD whip out Black Ace on her because every time i had enough noise one of her attacks hit me and it all went away. >_O

Still fun and today I completed the Bonus Post-game chapter and currently have the Mega, Giga, and Standard complete icons and am working on the help side quests before i move on to try and beat the 'R' bosses in 12 seconds or less, which will be especially difficult against AcidAceR because he's the biggest pain in the ass i've ever seen in a BN/StarForce game. Seriously. Though, i personally regret getting Black Ace instead of Red Joker because as awsome as Ace is, Joker gets to shoot freaking lasers and has more of the cool Noise Forms. I was also rather pleased to find the only traces of Cancer Bubble being Cancer Noise and his Card but i was a bit miffed we can't get Harp Note cards anymore and that Gemini Thunder vanished completely. Then again, Gemini was last seen IN ANOTHER CONTRY in SF2, so it's understandable. At least the ending was good, and lemme tell ya, getting TWO Black End Galaxies on the Final boss' first form is fun. Sure, neither one killed it but it's still AWSOME.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: July 19, 2009, 09:55:03 AM
I'd like to point out that using SwordFighter or Bushido is a matter of personal oppinion

wat.

SwordFighter can be countered if SuperArmor is being used. Bushido can't be. SwordFighter does more damage if all the hits connect. Isn't that what the entire last argument was about?

Damage =/= Personal Opinion, I'd think.

AcidAceR because he's the biggest pain in the ass i've ever seen in a BN/StarForce game

Play ALL the games, son.

Rouge Noise

wat

we can't get Harp Note cards anymore

Yes, you can. :/
Or so I've been told. >_>

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: July 19, 2009, 06:41:24 PM
You've been told wrong.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #171 on: July 19, 2009, 06:48:03 PM
This is why I'm more of a long range/heal card guy. @.@;

The vulcan family and the recovery family is extremely helpful, what about the missile family? I'd say that's a plus. cannon family's a great addition to your deck too. The Dragon Sky cards are extremely useful, I used them a lot in SF1 & 2, hopefully they exist in 3 (Why should I hope? it's programmed in there! haha).

These sword types look very overpowered this time around SwordFighter, Bushido, Rouge Noise.. yep, that looks overpowering.. wait, maybe they are overpowering when paired with the sword family of cards.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Ace DeSpade

• More awesome than you.
  • Robot Master
  • ^Is awesome.
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: July 19, 2009, 06:52:38 PM
You've been told wrong.

OBJECTION! You can get Harp Note cards as secret cards. I managed to get Ophichus Queen and Libra Balance already, so it wouldn't be surprising if Harp Note cards were available.

[insert decent signature here]

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: July 19, 2009, 09:09:51 PM
Counter-objection

The only Harp Note card to be found after hacking the game is Gravity Plus.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: July 19, 2009, 09:38:47 PM
we can't get Harp Note cards

only Harp Note card to be found after hacking the game is Gravity Plus

IRONICALLY, THAT'S STILL A CARD. 8D