Impressions so far of Ryusei/Star Force 3

Police Girl · 63305

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: July 11, 2009, 04:31:31 AM
Actually, the highest level any finalize can use (noise at 999.9% before finalizing) is 11. At level 24, which is otherwise unobtainable without hacking and knowing how the hell the Secret Satellite Server system works, you get your finalize form's deck with everything using X level cards and a ton of Big Bangs. It's pretty useful in absolutely ripping people apart.

The system is in the American version (which is how I'm using it) but is locked out and can only be activated through A.R. codes. Everything about it is fully translated, though there's problems when Ace pops up to tell you that your folder can be leveled up. He gives you an access code you put into the wave command screen, but the last letter cuts off on the dialog box. Without a guide, you'll pretty much need to go through every letter until you find the right last one.

Pretty much, the SSS system boils down to having six more chips in your deck. The chips you get from it are based on the level of your folder (and whether you've got it running as a Satella Satellite Server folder or as a Meteor Server folder) the position the card appears in your card lineup on the bottom screen, and then selecting one of three folders. The cards will always be the same, no matter what... for example, if the Satellite icon appears on the bottom right slot and you select folder C, you'll get six set cards. If it does this again in another battle and you pick the same folder, they'll be the same six. To that extent, there are over 112 card possibilities.

But no worries. After some testing of my own, anyone using this or the Noise Card/Kaizou Gear will be prevented from finding online matches. You have to disable the NKG equipment and delete the satellite folder if you want to play online... which is fair enough, since both of them can be EXTREMELY lethal and could utterly decimate a typical American player that doesn't hack. If you want to mess around with these, prepare to be mostly offline aside from friend battles.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #126 on: July 11, 2009, 06:24:40 PM
Is it possible to crop the characters only to make it more avatar friendly please? :D

R.I.P Kizamaro/Zack O^O

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: July 11, 2009, 06:49:11 PM
Thank you :)

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: July 12, 2009, 12:37:43 AM
Actually, the highest level any finalize can use (noise at 999.9% before finalizing) is 11. At level 24, which is otherwise unobtainable without hacking and knowing how the hell the Secret Satellite Server system works, you get your finalize form's deck with everything using X level cards and a ton of Big Bangs. It's pretty useful in absolutely ripping people apart.

I think Black Ace uses levels 1-12 and Red Joker uses levels 13-24. At least, that's what I'm getting from the scans I downloaded from TUS. I'm not sure what the exact multiple is for each form (for at least the first 4-5, it's in 50, so a noise of 400 would be level 5), but I looked at the cards available and saw that lv. 12 had cards like the NFB's and Wing Blade, whereas lv. 13 only had one NFB aside from the Finalize Big Bang and had G Meteor Lazer (and lv. 24 was similar to 12, but with a Red Joker set up than Black Ace). I think a noise of 999.9 would get you level 12/24 depending on what version.

Pretty much, the SSS system boils down to having six more chips in your deck. The chips you get from it are based on the level of your folder (and whether you've got it running as a Satella Satellite Server folder or as a Meteor Server folder) the position the card appears in your card lineup on the bottom screen, and then selecting one of three folders. The cards will always be the same, no matter what... for example, if the Satellite icon appears on the bottom right slot and you select folder C, you'll get six set cards. If it does this again in another battle and you pick the same folder, they'll be the same six. To that extent, there are over 112 card possibilities.

So the position determines what you get, kind of like a roulette but based on where it's at on the Card Select Screen when in battle, right?

But no worries. After some testing of my own, anyone using this or the Noise Card/Kaizou Gear will be prevented from finding online matches. You have to disable the NKG equipment and delete the satellite folder if you want to play online... which is fair enough, since both of them can be EXTREMELY lethal and could utterly decimate a typical American player that doesn't hack. If you want to mess around with these, prepare to be mostly offline aside from friend battles.

Wonder how long until someone cracks the codes. You know there are people who got bat-[parasitic bomb] insane over stuff like this and will do anything possible to outpower everyone no matter what, then it'll spread around like a disease for everyone else.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: July 12, 2009, 01:58:16 AM
I'll have to ask my friend what he gets with his level 24 Meteor Server, though it sounds right. I remember him using Grave Meteor Laser, even though that's a Red Joker exclusive.

Yes, the SSS' position on your card screen during battle and then the folder you pick decide which six cards you'll get. It's a good idea to write them down as you got so that you can find which one to flip to should you find yourself in a pinch.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: July 12, 2009, 02:01:51 AM
I'll have to ask my friend what he gets with his level 24 Meteor Server, though it sounds right. I remember him using Grave Meteor Laser, even though that's a Red Joker exclusive.

Are you talking about the Giga card? If so, if he has a Brother who has Red Joker, then there IS a chance that their Mega or Giga card can show up through the Roulette. I managed to get two Wing Blades that way without Finalizing. Unless he's talking about the Meteor Server Folder thing though, I'm not sure how that works. If he was Finalized as Black Ace (I'm assuming), then it may have been the Meteor Server Folder mod thingy that was left out in the US versions and was probably hacked open through AR, since your entire folder is changed into something else when you Finalize, meaning you can't use your Brother Roulette.

When did he use it? When he was Finalized?

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: July 12, 2009, 05:46:59 AM
He wasn't. He was using the his Meteor Server SSS card and drew it after selecting a folder from it. I already know about getting it from a brother roulette, but here's the kicker...

He's a BA Rogue.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: July 12, 2009, 08:11:23 PM
So he used the meteor server card thing which accessed lv. 24, which is the final level for Red Joker. Makes sense. Don't they take up a Brother space though?

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: July 12, 2009, 08:13:46 PM
I don't think it does; The only things that take up brother space are your brotherbands and opponent noises

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:11 PM
So he used the meteor server card thing which accessed lv. 24, which is the final level for Red Joker. Makes sense. Don't they take up a Brother space though?

They do.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: July 13, 2009, 04:22:03 AM
the only thing I absolutely despise is how hard it is to locate a player on WFC that's legitimately near your level.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 06:03:18 AM
I haven't had any problems with matchmaking. Everyone I've fought against has cleared the game or beat Sirius, which is basically where I am.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: July 13, 2009, 07:40:06 AM
I've had fights with people at my level quite fine. Hell, I even ran into Protodude there. 8D

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: July 13, 2009, 05:45:36 PM
I haven't had any problems with matchmaking. Everyone I've fought against has cleared the game or beat Sirius, which is basically where I am.

Well, that's the problem; It's impossible for newer players to find someone near their level!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: July 13, 2009, 10:29:10 PM
Well, what the hell do they think they are doing in PvP if they haven't even beaten the game then? It's their own fault.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: July 13, 2009, 10:36:23 PM
I'm not very willing to go into Wi-Fi stuff unless I'm used to the game/got good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if many others were the same, which might be the problem.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: July 13, 2009, 10:49:50 PM
if the matchmaker could work with matching you with a player as strong as you, there wouldn't be this problem...

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: July 13, 2009, 11:31:58 PM
What I hate about the match making thing is that all of the Gemini players are insanely high, meaning I never got one until I set the thing to 'any'. Then you have the opponents on the same level that use Wolf and Corvus, which I already have as well. I hardly come across any other player aside from those two.

This was before I got Gemini myself, and once I get the abilities for it, I'm going to use Wolf, then probably stick with Taurus or Ophicua, or maybe even Libra since it's healing ability is supposed to work even when Multi-Noised with something else.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: July 15, 2009, 03:12:30 AM
A button that said Meteor Server access showed up. I... I clicked the button and saw all kinds of crazy cards... then I turned into Black Ace and my mind was completely blown away...

I'm scared... someone hold me~ >v<; </wii>

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #144 on: July 15, 2009, 03:18:19 AM
A button that said Meteor Server access showed up. I... I clicked the button and saw all kinds of crazy cards... then I turned into Black Ace and my mind was completely blown away...

I'm scared... someone hold me~ >v<; </wii>

There, there.. I got you. You couldn't handle the power, it's what to expect. I could get Black Ace when I return to the states with my moneh~

Oh, can you remember each ones they were and how much they were priced? I'd like to go finger shopping when I get halfway through the game once I buy it and get Wii points cards along with it.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jace

• The Mind Sculptor
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: July 15, 2009, 03:20:30 AM
Awh... poor Vixy!

Anyway, I haven't been able to play online yet(Not gonna go into why) but I got to say I just beat the game today and it the final boss was pretty damn easy. [spoiler]I love the fact that the game makes you fight it twice! The second time starting out Finalized[/spoiler] Tho I found that if you get the Rouge Noise Change and build a pure sword deck that you'll never have too much of a hard time ever again. So far with the Noise changes I've gotten(I own Black Ace) Gemini, Corvus, and Rouge are the best. Libra just plain sucks, Ophica(sp?) is a step down from what I have so I haven't tried it out, and I haven't seen Cancer yet. The game was fun tho. Much better than the last two. I'm happy I bought it.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: July 15, 2009, 03:22:39 AM
I was wave battling.., I had over 290% noise and the message showed up in my custom screen... it said LV2 Meteor Server...

I'm not used to playing the RPG Rockmans~

*hides under her bed* >oo<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #147 on: July 15, 2009, 03:31:58 AM
You were wave battling and that happened?  o~O   Looks like you chickened out when that happened, must've been a group of mets. 

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: July 15, 2009, 03:39:11 AM
Tho I found that if you get the Rouge Noise Change and build a pure sword deck that you'll never have too much of a hard time ever again.

Only in single player though, the lack of LP can be your doom in multi.

Libra just plain sucks

By itself, yeah. However, merge it and it can be quite good.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: July 15, 2009, 04:15:07 AM
yea, Libra and Cancer noise have a great wide-range NFB; I personally like Corvus-Ox Noise; the NFB is awesome look.