Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 343461

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1225 on: October 16, 2011, 04:35:22 AM
Back from da Con. And I totally agree, everything works so smoothly and looks much more impressive from close up. Just like those videos showed, Ghirahim really is a pain to beat. But once you get the attack pattern down, it's really fun and exciting.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1226 on: October 17, 2011, 03:38:34 AM
I opted to go with the bird-flying, so I still have yet to experience the swordplay (probably just as well; a guy my size waving his arms around in a crowded booth could have gotten ugly).  Even though the bird is controlled by tilting the remote, it is surprisingly fluid.  And this is coming from somebody who will curse Super Mario Galaxy's ball-rolling until the day he dies.  Link's bird controls easily, fairly precise without being over-sensitive, and overall feels pretty much like Epona with wings.

The red-haired Skyward Biff is a jerk, BTW.  He and his pals will start throwing eggs at you when you start doing well in the festival.  Still, the end of it was pretty sweet.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1227 on: October 17, 2011, 09:34:38 AM
The red-haired Skyward Biff is a jerk, BTW.  He and his pals will start throwing eggs at you when you start doing well in the festival.  Still, the end of it was pretty sweet.
"Hey MCFLY! Why don't you make like an egg... and get ouddaheres!"

He sounds awesomely bullyesque already.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1228 on: October 28, 2011, 03:36:02 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-origins-zelda-skyward/723205
"Origins" trailer. Some spoilers, some links to other games revealed.
This is gonna be great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1229 on: October 28, 2011, 04:02:04 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-origins-zelda-skyward/723205
"Origins" trailer. Some spoilers, some links to other games revealed.
This is gonna be great.
[tornado fang]ing Sheikaxicans, moving into our Skyloft borders and taking our princess-protecting jobs.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1230 on: November 02, 2011, 03:53:58 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWqH_xLGzuM[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #1231 on: November 02, 2011, 05:28:08 AM
Yea, and Ninty just posted a video of the Zelda Orchestra performance on Nintendo Video on the 3DS.

But seriously? More bathroom humor? That's jut messed up. Even if a stage is set up in the sky. WTH. :-/

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1232 on: November 04, 2011, 07:27:27 PM
New Zelda in development for 3DS, Majora's Mask remake being considered

"We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don't think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS. We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous consoles."
Aonuma also confirmed that the team is looking into remaking Majora's Mask for 3DS.

"It's something I'm asked about often and I assure you that it is something I've spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn't seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original."

I'm happy both about a new Zelda 3DS game as well as a 3DS Update of Majora's Mask, my favorite 3D Zelda game!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1233 on: November 04, 2011, 08:12:56 PM
[tornado fang]ing awesome. I hope they use the Skyward Sword graphics, they feel refreshing.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1234 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:57 PM
I think that's pretty much because we haven't played it yet.  Didn't we all say the same thing about Twilight Princess? (then again, I still do)

But seriously? More bathroom humor? That's jut messed up. Even if a stage is set up in the sky. WTH. :-/
Doesn't being in the sky make it even MORE messed up?  Seriously, see how long it takes you to get the phrase "raining [parasitic bomb]" out of your head now.

Eh, the best Zelda bathroom joke is still Majora's Mask.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1235 on: November 14, 2011, 12:01:17 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq4KoRMASnk[/youtube]

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1236 on: November 14, 2011, 02:20:29 PM
Six or seven days left.  Whee.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1237 on: November 15, 2011, 02:48:23 AM
Waiting for my Amazon preorder to ship~ 0v0

In the meantime I might play the full leaked version (SOUE01). o.o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1238 on: November 15, 2011, 08:32:54 AM
From what I heard, that one fouls up the motion controls to the point that the only way to move your bird is the dash button.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1239 on: November 20, 2011, 11:01:23 PM
Considering it relies on the motion controls to use the sword, I can't imagine it's very playable.

Posted on: November 15, 2011, 09:12:23 AM
So, for anybody wondering, the game doesn't run any system firmware checks if you have 4.3.  Those of us with modified Wiis are safe and able to play the game normally.  Not sure for anything lower than that however.

I've only spent a few minutes with it so far, but for some reason the pointing controls are really sluggish.  I haven't been able to find any options to adjust them.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1240 on: November 20, 2011, 11:59:01 PM
I've only spent a few minutes with it so far, but for some reason the pointing controls are really sluggish.  I haven't been able to find any options to adjust them.

Well, they' don't use the IR like in TP, they're more like Wii Sports Resort so that's probably why they feel that way to you?

<----Won't have the game for a while.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1241 on: November 21, 2011, 04:17:51 AM
Skyward Sword is actually my first Motion Plus game, so that took me by surprise too.  Thankfully it does work after some getting used to, and after you realize that you can reset the pointer with the Down button on the D-Pad.  I find it strange, though, that there's no option to use the sensor bar as your point of reference (which I could have sworn reading that earlier builds of the game did, public display difficulties and all).  But at least I don't have to worry about IR interference from the sunlight.  My TV is not in the best place for Wii gaming in the afternoon.

The whole "let's throw dungeon puzzles into the overworld" thing can get very disorienting, feels like it took me forever to track down those three plant guys.  Thankfully, save points are a plenty, and function as portals with Skyloft, so it's real easy to pick up wherever you may leave off.  And I LOVE how this game presents its characters, both main and supporting.  I could not stop laughing after grabbing the heart piece in that pumpkin soup place.

Fi is basically the Zelda version of Gatz.  Cool, by all means, but I don't expect her to upstage Midna as my favorite navigator of the series.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1242 on: November 21, 2011, 02:03:06 PM
I'd rather use the sensor bar for just pointing the remote at the screen... bleh.

On another note, I don't mean to be petty, but the graphics in this game suck.  It looks like an early Gamecube game.  Though I have to wonder how much of that is the art style, considering things get grainy and mosaic-like the farther away you are.  Still, some of the textures look like they came out of a PSone game.  Hard to believe this game was made for the Wii just from looking at it.

The Other Side

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1243 on: November 21, 2011, 04:19:30 PM
Apparently it looks great on PC...

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1244 on: November 21, 2011, 05:28:22 PM
I'd guess that's because you can adjust the quality in an emulator.  The actual game's not even using anti-aliasing for hell's sake.

The Other Side

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1245 on: November 22, 2011, 02:31:22 AM
Sad to say, quite a few Wii games don't use anti-aliasing...

I prefer Twilight Princess as a matter of personal taste, but I don't have much in the way of objective complaints about Skyward's visuals. 

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1246 on: November 23, 2011, 10:47:53 AM
As of right now, there are no words to describe how much I am enjoying Skyward Sword. The items/weapons are fantastic and I love the fact that you can upgrade them. So many things make so much sense now.

<3

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1247 on: November 23, 2011, 05:11:56 PM
Can you upgrade a shield's durability? ¬_¬ Because mine broke two minutes after I landed in Hyrule and I've been going without ever since.

The Other Side

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1248 on: November 23, 2011, 08:44:21 PM
Can you upgrade a shield's durability? ¬_¬ Because mine broke two minutes after I landed in Hyrule and I've been going without ever since.

Yeah, you can upgrade the shield 2 times. You just need the proper materials. Personally, if you want my advice, there's no need to waste the money & materials upgrading the wooden shield. Another shield becomes available when you head for the next area!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1249 on: November 24, 2011, 12:45:14 PM
I really like this game.
I [tornado fang]ing love the bazaar, with all its different music and tantalizing stuff to buy that I can't afford(!!).