Mega Man 9's secret?

Canticleer Blues · 88766

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 06:45:56 PM
Yeah, I knew of the Newspaper article and such, since it was right there.  However, the info that I remember reading was from some gaming magazine or something, that said you got to fight CutMan, when it turns out they actually meant GutsMan.
Oh, I see.  Well, there was a totally seperate rumor from that and it came from Mandi's list making people think you got to fight him. 

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 06:49:00 PM
Now I really want a Cut Man 2! Thanks a lot, everyone. >w<

Closest refights we got was Rockman 8 and Rockman X8. (coincidence?)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 06:53:05 PM
Oh, I see.  Well, there was a totally seperate rumor from that and it came from Mandi's list making people think you got to fight him. 

Heh, in the long run, it's okay.  It only further fueled the MegaMan rivalry, which is the basis of my friendship with Ninja Lou in the first place.  He still sucks compared to me!   8)

Now I really want a Cut Man 2! Thanks a lot, everyone. >w<

Oh, I've always wanted a CutMan 2.  Someone should make a sprite movie of that.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 03:42:59 AM
It could possibly be accessed after seeing every cutscene variation.

Each of the 8 RMs missing once after you've beaten them, Roll with and without the MM8 outfit, and does beating the game as Helmetless Megaman change that end scene?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 03:57:06 AM
hmmm~ since this is a DL game, its posible it has to do with that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 04:44:43 AM
and does beating the game as Helmetless Megaman change that end scene?
Nope.  Rock isn't even helmetless when speaking to Wily.  The only thing beating the game helmetless changes is that Rock will be helmetless when firing the "Produced by Capcom" letters.  That's it.

I'm sure SOMEONE out there has seen all cutscene variations by now.  I'm not losing sleep over this one, it'll come when it comes.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 05:08:17 AM
Just pondering: Does it have anything to do with the "ink?" The stuff that is sprayed onto you in Splash's stage?

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 01:51:06 PM
If you pause the game, the ink will be gone though. The ink can also be obtained in Wily's 2nd level. I have no clue as to what to do when you are a black Mega Man though. Try all the weapons, die to every possible spike etc. .

Flok's favorites:

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 02:17:09 PM
I'm okay with waiting after his latest post. If we were looking at something huge, they would have spilled it already.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 09:21:10 PM
However, the info that I remember reading was from some gaming magazine or something, that said you got to fight CutMan, when it turns out they actually meant GutsMan.
It doesn't help when people call him "CutsMan"!  Thanks a lot, Captain N and Horse the Band!

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 12:01:42 AM
There's lots of unknown secrets in MM ... we just don't know what they are yet.  ;)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 01:11:28 AM
All I know is this: If this "secret" doesn't end up involving a playable Forte or Roll's panties, I'm not interested.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 01:58:05 AM
All I know is this: If this "secret" doesn't end up involving a playable Forte or Roll's panties, I'm not interested.

I second the whole thing, but that part especially.  -u-'

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 02:13:59 AM
I wonder why everybody is obsessed with a robot's Panties? 8D

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 02:18:53 AM
Robot or not, they are panties.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 02:34:00 AM

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 02:35:08 AM
Oh you.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 02:50:22 AM
I wonder if its a flash screen projection. You know, when youre watching something and you barely catch a flash then you rewind and pause and an advertisment pops up for a milisecond. Maybe we're missing that.

Home sweet home

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 02:51:11 AM
e-can advertisement?

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 03:17:19 AM
It's definitely the 'Hot E-Tank Mod' they left in, and are waiting to see if anyone else besides me could crack it. When battling Splash Woman, she will offer you an E-Tank if you enter her chamber with one bar of life, 6 E-Tanks and 9 lives. The scene will automatically move to Plug Man's stage where he will plug himself into an outlet in his boss room. A special cutscene video ensues on the jumbotron involving Rock and Splashy. Didn't you guys wonder why the screen was always fuzzy?

AO-lawsuits will ensue, but Capcom doesn't care because they need the pub. Yet they will make more money from horny nerds buying the game, wanting to see this secret, that Legends 3 is fully funded through it. Go try it out.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 03:22:01 AM
It's definitely the 'Hot E-Tank Mod' they left in, and are waiting to see if anyone else besides me could crack it. When battling Splash Woman, she will offer you an E-Tank if you enter her chamber with one bar of life, 6 E-Tanks and 9 lives. The scene will automatically move to Plug Man's stage where he will plug himself into an outlet in his boss room. A special cutscene video ensues on the jumbotron involving Rock and Splashy. Didn't you guys wonder why the screen was always fuzzy?

AO-lawsuits will ensue, but Capcom doesn't care because they need the pub. Yet they will make more money from horny nerds buying the game, wanting to see this secret, that Legends 3 is fully funded through it. Go try it out.

ಠ_ಠ LIES AND SLANDER... And hopes.  -_-

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 03:47:02 AM
I wonder why everybody is obsessed with a robot's Panties? 8D
Ciel then.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 05:57:17 AM

You know, I am SERIOUSLY fighting the urge to try that...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 07:22:55 AM
It could possibly be accessed after seeing every cutscene variation.
Hmm, the order you play through levels might make a difference.  In addition to ending on a different level each time, you could try going in reverse weakness order (so you'll only have the correct weapon for the 8th Robot Master), alphabetical order, numerical order of "creation", or anything crazy like that.  I admit we'll probably never test all 40320 orders of level completion unless we divide up the work among a lot of people, and even then, how do we know there isn't some other condition to fulfill along with that particular order?

And hey, has anyone ever tried just collecting screws and dying over and over at the beginning of the game in order to fill up on items before even completing the first level?   8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 07:33:58 AM
Done ages ago with a 999-screw New Game Plus.  Would you expect any less from he who collected everything in X6 as both characters without beating a single boss?

Now, max items AND 999 screws without beating a boss, that I haven't tried.  Although I don't think that's technically possible unless you forego the hair style book.