Ramzal · 14364

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 31, 2009, 05:12:12 AM
really?
the term makes it sound like he simply forgot from sleeping too much. -__-

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: February 01, 2009, 04:18:03 PM
Can't say I agree with acting like Repliroids are simply just computers. They're near human, think of them as such.

Also, lying trashed in a puddle of a broken capsule protected by a fierce field of an abandoned laboratory falls under the very definition of hibernation illness.

They may not be "simply computers", but as androids their brains are computers none the less, and subject to things like crashing (falling unconscious) or corrupted memory data (amnesia) from too much shock damage, etc.  The same thing happens to the human brain (an organic computer), it's just a different process.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #77 on: February 01, 2009, 04:54:03 PM
Not necessarily. In order to knock-out a non-living Reploid, you'd pretty much have to either down its CPU or power source.
Perhaps a Reploid CPU will shut down when there's too much pain, much like a human brain.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: February 02, 2009, 08:53:18 PM
Can't say I agree with acting like Repliroids are simply just computers. They're near human, think of them as such.
Hear, hear.

Personally, I think that Reploids are nearer to human beings than androids (which are generally nothing more than robots given humanlike appearance).  The contrast is easily seen when you compare reploids and mechaniloids.  Aside from making decisions, reploids seem to have souls, whereas mechaniloids have nothing but computer components.  You can call this reploid "soul" a cyber elf, data program, or whatever, but the fact remains that Reploids have this extra element, whereas mechaniloids do not.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge