The 'How Was Your Day' Thread

Slash Man · 157685

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
on: January 17, 2009, 10:51:09 PM
I just felt like reviving an old thread (the original was started by Quickman). Just talk about your day here, I guess.

As for me, yesterday was the first day I wore my 'Mega Man 9' shirt to school, and the reaction was pretty funny. Some people were wondering when it was coming out, and when did Mega Man himslef get so old (I had to explain it was only the artist's interpretation). Another person was wondering what 'Mega 9 Man' was...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 05:59:06 AM
You know, I totally forgot about this topic!

But I'm glad it's back, cause I had an very good day.  First of all, I had to go shopping, but since I had to go to my internship today, we went later than normal so that I could just stay in the city.  Turns out, I barely barely made it on time to my job, because the checkout line at the Market took [tornado fang]ing forever cause they were short of staff on the registers. 

So, I got their on time, and seriously, I really like my internship.  I like the people there a lot, I like the work I do, and I love sitting in the control room during live broadcasts.  It's so much [tornado fang]ing fun.

Then, I got home just in time to complete an online assignment which was due by 11:59 tonight.  I finished it 5 minutes ago.

So basically, everything's just coming up PB today.  Can I get a [tornado fang] YEAH?   8D

Archer

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:10:11 AM
...It was boring and I didn't do anything.  :|

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 06:44:11 AM
Wake up.

Check my e-mail.

"HAY GUYZ, I'M HAVING OUR TRAINING SESSION IN MANA STRAT AND POL TODAY, lol"

ARGH! YOU'RE KIDDING! Dad! Wake up! We can't go visit mom today; I got sidetracked! Let's go on ahead and beat the rush to Applebee's!

Sit and wait at Applebee's. Converse (quite a bit) with waitress. Wind up not getting charged for Dad's tea and our desserts. I ask about it, she gives a coy and brief "No you didn't." ...I leave $7 tip.

Sit and wait at the university. Endure a three-hour training session.

Came home, beat SMB2US with Mario. Yea. Exercised to 2 Tenchi Universe eps, burned ~750 calories doing crunches and squats.

Tried to perfectly speedrun MM9's Special Stage only to find out even my best score would have been short the top 10 by 30 seconds. They've gotta be using glitches. Fought with Metaknight a couple of times on Kirby's Adventure (just don't grab the Star Rod Piece when you beat a boss; just reset, fight 'em as many times as you want).

And now I'm here!

Offline Mega Greasy Houdini Tek 54321

• B-Class Hunter
  • BOOYAKASHA!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 08:20:23 AM
Saw Paul Blart Mallcop, heard good/bad reviews about it, and I liked it. Shows how much I care about other people's views.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 09:48:42 AM
My day as any other day, was filled with boredom and wandering cyber space. (Checking mail, browsing eBay, and saying "go away" to people who want to chat about nothing in particular.)
This is what happens most days.
So my day was mediocre at best.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 12:59:14 PM
Woke up, watched some Seto no Hanayome and laughed my ass off... XD
After which, went grocery shopping to prepare for the upcoming Lunar New Year celebrations.
Food... Tidbits... More food... More tidbits... Oh yeah...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:31 PM
Quite the same boring day. Go to school, doing homework. The only thing that shock me is... the internet over here blocked DA. ;O;

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:47:26 AM
Well...  Last night it started to snow.  The snow continued through the day.  There was a lull, then the snow started again in the evening.  It snowed and snowed until after midnight when it changed to sleet. 

I like snow.  I would have preferred if the weather stayed as snow.  But no.  It changed to sleet.  And PennDOT is taking their sweet time getting the roads plowed.

Anywho, I ended up coming down with some bug as my stomach has been bothering me all day.  So, I'm a tad under the weather.  Hopefully it's a passing thing and tomorrow it'll be gone.  I have a hefty CJ installment to draw.  I don't wanna be sick for that!

Otherwise, my day was fine.

Archer

Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:48:49 AM
...It was boring and I didn't do anything.  :|

Offline Shadowii2

• Someone
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Shadowii2 Productions
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 11:08:59 AM
I just had math exam and now waiting in computer room until the next class would start up.  -_-

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 11:24:26 PM
Currently drawing my submission for that Robot Master contest.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 11:33:54 PM
I'm going to the art store again because my markers are tanner than they should be.

Also, school sucks. I don't do anything but spell words all day.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 12:19:02 AM
Felt like [parasitic bomb] most of the day.
Tomorrow I'm going to a portfolio day at one of the colleges I'm applying at. I don't really want to go. It's not necesary. I'M REALLY FRIGGIN' NERVOUS. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING WORTH SHOWING.
God.
That's probably why I've been feeling like [parasitic bomb]; nerves.

Posted on: January 29, 2009, 02:28:27
So, it went well. Got my portfolio reviewed, got some constructive criticism, and some undeserved praise. 8D
Toured the campus, realized how excited I am about the idea of going there.
Cross your fingers for me, guys, and hope I get accepted. Also, pray that I can get enough financial aid.
Though, I found out that the major I chose to apply for (computer animation) has a very limited number of spaces, so if I get accepted, but can't get the major I want, I'll probably change to illustration instead.

...what?

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 03:35:32 AM
Today I struggled to use Ubuntu, so far it's running smooth enough.
Later tonight, PJ will help me partition my hard drive, so I can run Ubuntu and BlackXP at the same time.

Offline PowerArmor

• MSPainting
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Yus!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 04:10:47 AM
Today was odd indeed. I woke up at 3:45AM to finish a project that I was unable to finish yesterday night, and ate breakfast. Then I took a shower, went to school.

And I actually had a small conversation with someone I haven't talked to in months.

She's in my homeroom class.

Day was uneventful overall, but interesting, I guess.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:53:23 AM
I got to interview people outside today for my internship.  [tornado fang], that was fun!  XD

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 08:36:46 AM
I skipped my art class today because I've had stomach cramps all day. I've spend the bulk of the day in bed, because I can't stand up without getting sore everywhere. But, I did get a few things done. Still haven't done my homework... and I probably have another spelling test tomorrow. What is it with this writing class and spelling? It's all I've done so far. I have done NO WRITING AT ALL.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 10:45:20 AM
Practicing drawing... That is all...

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 10:46:42 AM
I spent a solid majority of the day shovelling.  Well, much less shovelling as it were trying to break up a 2-3 inch layer of solid ice.  Bang the shovel against the ice, scrape away at a layer, put on ice melt, wait, scrape some more, break up more ice, scrape and scrape, add ice melt, wait, scrape, break more ice, scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape...  Repeat for the next few hours.

I also helped push my neighbour's car off a slick spot of ice.  I had no traction, the car had no traction.  But I managed to push it to the end of the driveway.

Then I gathered the trash together and skated to the curb.  Then I helped my brother with a programming assignment.  He then used the net for another assignment and I worked on an image.  I pretty much just got the net, which I headed first to OTR+ to request an audio series, check the wikis, then check here.

I'm off to bed now.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 03:40:58 PM
Woke up at 9PM last night, went to work at 10PM.  From 10 pm to 8 am I worked.  Just getting off work, I'm surprised I have any brain power at all.  ???

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 07:38:03 PM
I just found out that the newest US Power Rangers series will be called Power Rangers RPM!   8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 03:31:08 AM
Dealt with my mum's inane crap.  She's acting like a ditzy 16 year-old. 

Offline Ryugaki

• Resistance Member
  • I Don't Get People... Never Have... Never Will...
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 02:30:48 PM
Horrible. failed to pass the exam, almost crashed into a high-speed truck, almost fell down to the abyss, and other horrible things. I guess it just a matter of time before I got killed...

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 08:28:01 PM
I was up all night/morning...I couldn't sleep, I feel like [parasitic bomb].
I can already say my day to come, is going to be terrible.