idea for mega man tribute

Megafan10 · 6482

Offline Megafan10

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
on: June 17, 2016, 10:00:54 PM
Hello. i'm new to this forum, but i have an idea & a request for a mega man tribute that i'd like to call Mega Man Cocktail. i plan on splitting the game into 3 volumes, with one that will contain all of the levels of a certain game. i want the   game to have robot masters from the i'll put the boss list in another post, but i'll put the character list here: Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass, SuperDanny, Rokko-Chan (Volume 1), Mega Pony (Vol. 1), Darkwing Duck (Vol. 2), Francesca/Doropie (The Krion Conquest [Vol. 2]), Barrett (Mega Man Legends 3 8-bit [Vol. 3]) Quint (Quint's Revenge [Volume 3]). if you want, just reply to this message and we can work things out. oh an Blyka himself said that if you need it, he'll give you a spritwesheet of superdanny. (he said that he won't provide a sheet of all his cross-fusions though...) and if nobody's using this forum, can somebody link one that has many people in it?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:04:11 PM
Hi Megafan10!

I'm MEGA MAN X, and you can bet your [CHARGE SHOT] that people do use this forum!

Offline Megafan10

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 12:14:48 AM
what i MEANT to type was "i want the game to have 2 robot masters from every official classic Mega Man game (but all of the stardroids) in each volume, and 2-6 bosses from all sorts of different fan-games, all of which you can get equipped with weapons from. (excluding wily fortress bosses & mini-bosses.) (I SUCK AT TYPING!!!)

Offline Megafan10

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 08:57:04 AM
here's an unfinished list of the robot masters & other bosses that i had in mind for my idea:

Elec man (Mega Man)

Cut man (MM1)

Metal man (MM2)

Crash Man (MM2)

Shadow Man (MM3)

Snake man (MM3)

Pharaoh man (MM4)

Dive man (MM4)

Gyro man (MM5)

Gravity man (MM5)

Tomahawk man (MM6)

Centaur man (MM6)

Junk man (Rockman 7 Famicom)

Shade man (RM7FC)

Tengu man (RM8FC)

Grenade man (RM8FC)

Splash woman (MM9)

Hornet man (MM9)

Nitro man (MM10)

Commando man (MM10)

Glue man (Mega Man Unlimited)

Yo-yo man (MMU)

Rainbow man (MMU)

The ghost masters of Christmas past, present and future (Mega Man’s Christmas & MMCC Remix

Axe man (Mega Man: Super Fighting Robot)

Dagger man (MM:SFR)

Wizard man (MM:SFR)

Shovel knight (MM:SFR)

Magic mare (Mega Pony)

Generous mare (Mega Pony)

Kind mare (Mega Pony)

Laugh mare (Mega Pony)

Honest mare (Mega Pony)

Loyal mare (Mega Pony)

Virus man (Mega Man: Rock Force)

Pulse man (MM:RF)

Plague man MM:RF)

Forest man (Rocko Chan)

Hockey man (Rocko Chan)

Offline Megafan10

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 03:44:51 PM
if any member would like to talk to me about this, feel free to do so! or, if you're a guest, register & talk to me! i'm still thinking of the story, so be patient.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 01:32:18 AM
(I SUCK AT TYPING!!!)
Well I certainly can't disagree with you

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 10:19:46 AM
This is quite an ambitious project.  Do you know how you plan to make the game engine?

Offline Megafan10

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 01:55:57 PM
i'm planning on someone using an edited version of Blyka's engine. and as i said before, this is not only an idea, this is a request. that means i would like to see someone else create the game...

okay, okay! i'm going to regret this, but i'm going to say it! I HAVE NO PROGRAMMING SKILLS!!! the reason i didn't want to say that is, i've told people about this before on a DIFFERENT forum, and after i did, they flat out REFUSED to bring my idea to life! then again, back then, i wanted to create a team which i did NOTHING in! now, however i just want someone else to bring my idea to life. it's right here. take my idea.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 08:49:16 PM
The reason they refused is when it comes to fan games, people don't like someone who's like "I have an idea but I want everyone else to do all the work for me." Trust me, the first forum I frequented back in 2003 was all about Zelda fan games, I've seen this quite often.

Having ideas and all is good, but if that's all you have and you're wanting literally everybody else to do everything else. You even just said, you "wanted to create a team in which [you] did nothing in" which is not a good thing to say. Or a good thing to want. When making games, everyone needs to do something, nobody gets carried along.

My advice? Dabble around in some programming a bit, even if it's like MMF2 or Game Maker (which I've dabbled in). Get some practice, you might figure out how to actually contribute and that might raise your chances of actually getting this thing made.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Megafan10

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 09:34:32 PM
but i don't want a team now. i'm past that phase. i'm just posting an idea, & i'm giving it to you to do whatever you want with it. i'll even let you create the story...

to be honest i'm a decent level designer. i've tried creating levels with mariobuilder in the past, but gamemaker is not like mariobuilder. it's a bit more complicated. can i do something else other than level design?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 11:14:20 PM
posting ideas and letting other people do what they want with it is also no good because if you don't want to contribute to actual development, people will want nothing to do with it.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 11:21:36 PM
I'm gonna level with you.  While I can't speak for everyone else, I think it's pretty safe to say that we simply don't have the time to make an ambitious game.  Not everyone knows how to program, not everyone can make the graphics, and certainly not everyone has time.

I've done some game development and some years back, I was working on a side project for a MM Wolf3D mod.  The graphics were almost finished and the engine was coded and basically all we were doing was bug-testing, enemy AI, and designing levels and textures.  It still took us a few years to build and we never finished it.

The reason being was that we all had day jobs.  I have a day job.  I'm a professional freelance illustrator.  I simply don't have the time to spare to work on a project like this.  Hell, I barely have the time now to do art trades and small personal projects!

Rather than hope that someone will pick up your idea, take the time to start dabbling in programming.  There are plenty of tutorials and you may find a pre-built engine that you could just edit.  That would be the easiest way to do this.

Also; start small.  We all wanna do that big magnum opus right away, but we can't.  Do small things and work your way up to it.  It'll take time, but you'll get there eventually. :)

Offline Megafan10

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 11:22:48 PM
well, can i do something other than level design?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 08:21:10 AM
Of course!  Look into editing an existing game engine, as it'll be easier than building one from the ground up. 

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 02:28:38 PM
I'm gonna level with you.  While I can't speak for everyone else, I think it's pretty safe to say that we simply don't have the time to make an ambitious game.  Not everyone knows how to program, not everyone can make the graphics, and certainly not everyone has time.

I've done some game development and some years back, I was working on a side project for a MM Wolf3D mod.  The graphics were almost finished and the engine was coded and basically all we were doing was bug-testing, enemy AI, and designing levels and textures.  It still took us a few years to build and we never finished it.

The reason being was that we all had day jobs.  I have a day job.  I'm a professional freelance illustrator.  I simply don't have the time to spare to work on a project like this.  Hell, I barely have the time now to do art trades and small personal projects!

Rather than hope that someone will pick up your idea, take the time to start dabbling in programming.  There are plenty of tutorials and you may find a pre-built engine that you could just edit.  That would be the easiest way to do this.

Also; start small.  We all wanna do that big magnum opus right away, but we can't.  Do small things and work your way up to it.  It'll take time, but you'll get there eventually. :)

Quickie has the right of it IMO, like she said we all have jobs that eat up our free time quite a bit as well as other responsibilities; I myself have my own project in the works through RPGmakerMV but damned if I ever seem to have any real time (when I'm not exhausted) to really make any progress on it. So obviously picking up some one else's idea isn't going to happen.

Again what quickie said is the best option, pick up some simple game making tool (I'd recommend RPGMaker and get some experience maybe stepping up to other programs when you feel more comfortable.