Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

Hypershell · 8818

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 10:23:33 PM
Just got my watch. The plastic casing is a little banged up. But the watch itself is fine. I was expecting worse, honestly. What's funny, though, is there are scuffs and scratches on the watch by design. At first I thought they messed it up, but once I saw the instructions, I realized they're there on purpose.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:23 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/31/fight-for-survival-in-zero-escape-the-nonary-games-out-next-year-on-ps4-ps-vita/

Best game is right here for the picking.

This collection will also be on Steam, despite the article claiming it's Sony exclusive.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 03:46:25 AM
Got the two main endings in 999. Definitely enjoying it. I had not played it since the DS, so it was fun to revisit. And I can see all the hints to the twists. I really like the dub. Everyone did a really good job, even Wendee Lee who phoned in her first trip as Clover. Junpei's actor, same as in ZTD, is a definite favorite, as is Ace who has Batou's voice from Ghost in the Shell.

I played through almost the entire game in Adv mode. Any direction given by Novel mode I could discern from the dialogue. The only thing you really miss is the description of corpses. Those were fantastically gruesome and worth checking out.

However, the [tornado fang]'d up the final puzzle.
[spoiler]I'm actually fine with getting rid of the sudoku. It's pretty dated at this point. And without two screens to flip upside down it wouldn't have worked anyway. But its replacement is just garbage. There is a puzzle there that could be interesting, but if you do the spelling game tacked on to it, it gives you the answer with no effort. It's insultingly easy. But then they put an extra little bit at the end.
 I thought it was a bit obtuse.[/spoiler]

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 04:36:18 AM
I cannot recommend Nonary Games.

There are a shitload of punctuation errors, the BEST plot twist is compromised due to being one screen, the dialogue is altered (vital to said plot twist), a few characters look derpy now, the music is altered, and now you're telling me there are no gruesome murder descriptions? Those were by far one of my favorite moments that set this apart from VLR.

This port is a [tornado fang]ing mess. The ending puzzle was crucial to the theme of the game, and they ruined that too.

[spoiler]The sudoku puzzle was a 9×9 grid.[/spoiler]

Everyone who is a newcomer to Zero Escape, please stick with the original DS version of 999. And then get VLR on 3DS or Vita.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 05:45:09 AM
I didn't notice the music was any different. And I didn't think the typos were that common. I played for Safe Ending first and don't remember seeing any at all.

and now you're telling me there are no gruesome murder descriptions? Those were by far one of my favorite moments that set this apart from VLR.

No they're still there. You just have to switch to Novel mode to see them. There are one or two spots where the game forces Novel mode on you, like when you see June for the first time. But it could've used some more, if only for those deaths.