1up interview: Hironobu Takeshita says "whine moar for Mega Man X 9"

Jazz Shaking · 27589

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I'm trying to think of a reason why anyone could possibly want a GBA game instead of a DS one.

S'not working.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I suppose. I dont have a DSi, or a Wii, and Id love a game I could actualy hold in my hands. PS1 ggraphics are Ok for it I guess, what we need is a game where you can play as pre X1 Zero. like, Zero mk 1. hes the ONLY version of Zero that never really been explored. hey, Megaman Xtreme 0 what say you.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
I think the reason for that is X1 Zero being pre-Z-Saber.  As a fellow buster-user, the devs probably feel that X1 Zero is too similar to X (well, why ELSE isn't he part of the playable roster in MHX?).  No reason it couldn't be done, though.  Flashback or no, I'm certainly not going to argue with it [/shameless plug of old work].

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Oh, so you were the one who made those?
kickass.
thats what bugs me bout IHX. instead of Vile mode, they could ave used Zero mode.
Im sure hes different. as his charge shot in X1 seems to be the same size as X's mid charge shot (I mean, the sound effect makes it seem so...) then in IHX he does some sort of flying kick I hear.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Yeah, they kinda had to differentiate between them ANYWAY for the sake of Vile's final boss fight.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Am I allowed to nitpick?

I just wanted to tell that I prefer the vertical energy bar over the horizontal energy bar.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I am the only one who doesn't like Dynamo.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile

Not the only one, actually.  -_-

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
MX9 is SNES fashion would give me multiple orgasms. Althoug, the storyline is a mess and i dont see how it could be fixed, no more Sigma, AXL in 16 bits...Megaman 10 is more plausible by far.

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Am I allowed to nitpick?

I just wanted to tell that I prefer the vertical energy bar over the horizontal energy bar.
likewise. it bugs me. cuz its easier to not pay attenton to it, and therefore, you get reckless.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
likewise. it bugs me. cuz its easier to not pay attenton to it, and therefore, you get reckless.

Quoted for truth, especially on Vile hard mode in the final battle against X & Zero. Agh, I kept underestimating the damage...  X(

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Funfact. once you beat a boss, it after delivering the final hit you are on the wall, (eg. Nova striking vile and landing on the wall) the boss will blow up but the game wont progress untill you land on the floor.
also, Zero moonjump ftw.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I don't care for him much as a character, you can only beat his ass so many times in X6 before you start drawing parallels with Robin Spitz-Swallows.  He does have cool theme music, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
He was a cool character idea. plus he looked like some sort of Rival for Zero. another bishie with hair and a beamsword. I still love that boomerang. screw sheild boomerang, Dynamo was the first one to use it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
My problem with Dynamo, attack-wise, is that he is merely a bastardization of X and Zero.  He has a buster, a saber, and a ground punch.  DEAREST ME, where have I seen those before? 

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
I don't care which way it points as long as it's wide enough and bright enough to see and doesn't obscure anything important.  What games used horizontal bars other than the Game Boy/Color ones, anyway?

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
I don't care which way it points as long as it's wide enough and bright enough to see and doesn't obscure anything important.  What games used horizontal bars other than the Game Boy/Color ones, anyway?
X7 and 8.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
and it sucked

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
at least Xtreme 1/2 had them under the player, on a blck bar, where they were easier to see.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Personally, I never had a problem with either method.  The vertical's kinda nice for tradition, though.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
X7 and 8.
And MHX.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
MHX's lifebars were vertical, although the weapon icons would extend horizontally.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
They were? Been a while since I last played the game, I could have swore they were horizontal.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
yeah, they're vertical. but it's so hard to see the individual bars because they're so scrunched in to the corner. horizontal would've been better for the PSP.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Yeah, while I lack a PSP to view firsthand, from what I've seen in screenshots and vids MHX's life bar always seemed unusually small.  When a life bar goes high-res, the blips really need to be a bit thicker.