Why do fans hate Fire Emlbem Awakening?

Waifu · 6209

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 07:43:10 AM
Speaking of waifus, I also wonder if there is any gameplay reasons why this game is hated? I heard some fans call the game to easy for a Fire Emblem title and it took some major elements of the franchise.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 07:53:08 AM
They didn't play on Lunatic+ and instead looked at "Normal Casual" and said DIS FIER EMBLUM EEZ FOUR bABEEZ

And as I said, the game isn't "hated" so please stop saying that. It's overwhelmingly loved except by some vets who want to feel better than other people.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 12:29:26 PM
Yeah, covered that already in my previous post actually :P

Anywho... whiners like to whine. 'Tis how things go.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 10:09:39 PM
No. I meant the whole "Waifu Aime" feature having no place in the franchise.
That's Fates-specific, not relevant to Awakening.

And...on that note, Nintendo confirmed that the petting minigame was removed from western versions.
http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/26/english-version-of-fire-emblem-fates-doesnt-feature-petting-minigame/

So we KNOW it's a passive feature if removing it was even on the table (edit: gameplay-wise it was a support booster and allegedly a chance for items).  And with that, I'm pissed.  Mildly.  I know a little lewd dialogue doesn't make or break an FE game by any stretch, but I'm sick of being told what's inappropriate for me based on where I live.

FYI, the petting is only from the neck up, but apparently it triggers a lot of suggestive comments or something. :|

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 12:30:14 AM
Oh, you mean the homosexuality conversion through drugging? I honestly don't know why that was in the game in the first place.
Turns out the lesbian you're converting isn't actually lesbian.
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/fire-emblem-fates-info-on-the-soleil-controversy/

The case for whether or not she is bisexual is arguable: She flirts with girls but will only pursue marriage with men (There are two characters in the game who will marry a same-gendered avatar; this girl isn't one of them.).

The "magic powder" was actually meant for her to overcome her tendency to faint around especially cute girls.  However she makes the unfortunate comment in her S/marriage dialogue of having fallen for our hero while under the influence, hence the media circus.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 12:41:25 AM
I WANTED WAIFU AMIE ;_;

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 12:18:50 AM
The original source for waifu-amie getting axed was apparently Kotaku, which many consider less than reliable.  GameFAQs users are now claiming to have gotten word from an NoA rep that the decision is still up in the air.

Guess we're just going to have to wait and see on that one.  Or [sonic slicer] via email if you honestly think that three weeks prior to release they're still debating what to hack out.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 12:53:00 AM
I'm not really all that concerned. Fates doesn't look great as it is. Wasn't planning on buying it period.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 11:19:08 AM
So it was removed, but in a really [tornado fang]ing weird way akin to how a lot of bad localizations tend to create implications that shouldn't be there.

If you don't like Polygon, essentially you invite a person to your room, the 'pet them to fill up the meter' minigame starts and then immediately ends with the finishing dialogue from that character before it can even do anything, and then the screen fades to white and your support goes up. Again, while the minigame was kind of a pointless addition in the first place, their method of trying to censor it essentially makes it seem like your avatar is pretty much bedding everyone near-instantaneously.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 09:49:08 PM
So it's pretty much like the end of almost any Social Link with the opposite gender in Persona 3 and 4.  Honestly it totally should have been baking cake instead.......oh wait.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 11:01:19 PM
Yeah, so the odd scenes/dialogue are in, it's just the actual touch screen mechanics that are out.

I guess outside of Japan your avatar's pheromones are just that powerful or something.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 12:33:18 AM
They didn't play on Lunatic+ and instead looked at "Normal Casual" and said DIS FIER EMBLUM EEZ FOUR bABEEZ

And as I said, the game isn't "hated" so please stop saying that. It's overwhelmingly loved except by some vets who want to feel better than other people.
Funny thing, Awakening didn't even introduce Casual to the series. Phoenix mode for Fates is [tornado fang]ing ridiculous, but New Mystery, a remake of Mystery of the Emblem as the third game in the series and direct sequel to first (and its remake of course), actually introduced both a customizable protagonist My Unit who can support with everyone and the Casual mode where no player unit perma-dies. The game directly preceded Awakening, but it was Japan-only (with a fan translation) so that probably explains why those who [sonic slicer] about Casual heap its existence onto Awakening's shoulders to blame.

But then Awakening also made it so your Avatar could marry and then forced the generation mechanics in a lot more liberally than Genealogies did, so..