• View Profile
EXCELLENT WE SHALL HARVEST THIS POWER

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
The way I see it, the only thing missing from the original Complete Works set, is Navi Mode (also included in MMAC), various equipment parts for MegaMan (CW4-6) and the Pocketstation functions.

On the plus side, the Database is directly translated from the CW games, but this time with upscaled HD artworks. The low-res images in CW were different as well, and some of them were filled with weird humor and other fun bits.

I like that "some" of the Challenge mode or Boss Attack stuff from CW also made it to MM Legacy, but with some new challenges as well. The Arcade music and remixed tunes from CW also made it to MM Legacy, but they only seem to play in the menus of the collection. Still, it's a good price for what you get. :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
This thing's out if you're interested.

Just popped up on Steam, I'll have to see if the challenges are any good.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
why even would ever i want to

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Oh derp guess I should have checked here before posting on the other topic huh. I picked it up since I can't find my old Megaman Collecton anywhere.  8D

Edit: Games seem to run about the same right down to their Nes limitations--kind disappointing they didn't clean up the slow down or sprite flickering. I will say compared to the awful way Megaman Collection handled choosing games and menus I will give this collection props, checking music or art is simple and easy with each game having it's art available to look at from the main menu.

There is a lot of art to look at, looks like they included every piece of concept art from these games--I don't remember seeing a lot of these pieces. You can also listen to music although there doesn't seem to be any remixes outside the menus?

It's a decent collection of MM games, I would have liked to have seen Megaman 7,8,9 and 10 or at least the GB games added too--that would have made the higher price more justified but oh well. It's nice to have the six games on my steam account for easy access.

If you own Megaman Collection though I can't really recommend this.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Since I don't have the Anniversary Collection but think $15 is too much for 6 Mega Man games, I'd rather wait for a sale.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Since I don't have the Anniversary Collection but think $15 is too much for 6 Mega Man games, I'd rather wait for a sale.

Tell this to the person who spent $30 to get them all on 3DS.

Its more of a kick in the nuts that way. :P

The presentation is very clean, but i wish they'd have included 7-10 at least.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Seriously guys, $15 is too expensive? A few of the NES carts go for more than that by themselves. Not to mention MMAC cost at least $30 when it came out. This is a bargain.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Seriously guys, $15 is too expensive? A few of the NES carts go for more than that by themselves. Not to mention MMAC cost at least $30 when it came out. This is a bargain.

To be fair MMAC also had more bang for it's buck in terms of content. MM1-8 plus the two arcade games. This new collection is not bad at all just feel like it was weird that they ignored the classic games after 6, not like it would have cost anymore to emulate them too.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
It's 18.99 CAD here. I could get one of Sega's official Genesis emulator 10-packs for 8.50 CAD each. I'll pass.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
To be fair MMAC also had more bang for it's buck in terms of content. MM1-8 plus the two arcade games. This new collection is not bad at all just feel like it was weird that they ignored the classic games after 6, not like it would have cost anymore to emulate them too.

They're not emulating games in this, though. The games are built from the ground up using a special engine. And that engine is specifically designed for NES games. To put in anything else would require a completely different framework.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
It's not a matter of price for me. It's a matter that this is a blatant cashgrab and I don't care to own it.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
They're not emulating games in this, though. The games are built from the ground up using a special engine. And that engine is specifically designed for NES games. To put in anything else would require a completely different framework.

Then they needed to make that effort.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
It's not a matter of price for me. It's a matter that this is a blatant cashgrab and I don't care to own it.

Precisely.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
It's certainly a fair criticism of the collection, I didn't mind buying it because it worked for me personally but I can imagine others who bought the games individually would be less than impressed given how much capcom charges for them on PSN,Live and virtual counsel.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
I'm gonna derail here and say Blue I honestly thought you were dead for a while.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
This time of the summer is pretty busy for me, finding time to come online isn't always easy.  O^O

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Emulation or not, AC still had more content, and it was released in 2004.

the LEAST they could have done was also include 9 and 10.

or, yknow, those gameboy games theyve barely ever rereleased because "we lost the sourcecode lol"
Blue Valkyrie is totally right, effort is exactly what this collection lacks

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
My stream finished about an hour or two ago, the archive is stored here~
http://www.twitch.tv/vixynyan/v/12789027

The last 10 or so minutes are the challenges in the Challenge mode. 8D

Two days before that tho, I streamed the Japanese Complete Works for fun~
1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_swey194v8
2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpJc1aioqfs
3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64HiMVqLnd8
4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2Uf7BOZ1U
5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV0TOFmMgTo
6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFvEPnkw21Y

(imho: Complete Works for PS1 still had the most content for each NES game, like Hard Mode and Pocketstation, and other stuff)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:45:01 PM by VixyNyan »

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Complete works is that the versions they uploaded to PSN?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Yeah but for whatever reason they stopped at 4 in the US and 5 in the JP releases.

Not that you could use the pocketstation (In the US at least, Vita in Japan has a thing for it) or read anything anyway.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. I figured it might since they are in the PSX classics section.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Emulation or not, AC still had more content, and it was released in 2004.

the LEAST they could have done was also include 9 and 10.

or, yknow, those gameboy games theyve barely ever rereleased because "we lost the sourcecode lol"
Blue Valkyrie is totally right, effort is exactly what this collection lacks

I kind of have to agree here. It is nice that they aren't emulating, but at the same time the PS2 collection was far superior. If they ported 9 and 10 I'd buy this in a heartbeat though. Maybe add more stuff to the old ones too, like 9 and 10 had extra modes, extra characters (Protoman playable in ALL the games??? WINNING), and challenges.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)