The Many Voices of Megaman

UZO · 5022

Offline UZO

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: December 31, 2008, 10:39:08 PM
How many voice actors have voiced Rockman, X, Zero, etc? Did X change between X, Z, and ZX series? I would be grateful if someone could list all of the voice actors for the main characters / badguys of the franchise.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:42:25 PM
X
Ruth Shiraishi (X4)
Peter von Gomm (X7)
Mark Gatha (X8, CM, MHX)
-
Meguma Ogata (X1)
Kentarou Itou (X4)
Showtaro Morikubo (X5-X7)
Takahiro Sakurai (X8, CM, IHX)
Takahiro Mizushima (ZERO series, ZX series)

ZERO
Wayne Dozier (X4)
Jack Merluzzi (X7)
Lucas Gilbertson (X8, CM, MHX)
Jamie West (ZX Series)
-
Ryotaro Okiayu (X series)
Yuuto Kazama (ZERO series, ZX series)

Someone else can provide the other ones >.>

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:10:16 PM
ANIMATION
Ian James Corlett (RS)
Doug Parker (Captain N)

CLASSIC
Cole Howard (MMPU)
Ruth Shiraishi (MM8)
Ai Orikasa  (RM8, SAR)
Hekiru Shiina (CD Drama, PB, PF)
Kaoru Fujino (Marvel Vs Capcom series)
Yumiko Kobayashi (RMRM)

At least, that's what Wikipedia tells me. Nothing about his Cannon Spike VA.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 12:15:36 PM
Meguma Ogata (X1)

ZERO
Wayne Dozier (X4)
It's actually Megumi Ogata for X1's "Hadouken" voice. For some weird reason, though, that mention has recently been erased from Ogata's site.

As for X4's Zero, IIRC the credits read "Wayne Doster".

There was also some debate going on a while ago whether Shiraishi voiced either X or Iris in X4, but if Rock in MM8 is Shiraishi and seeing their voices are identical from one game to another, that's a moot point.

I know that for Rock himself, Shiina Hekiru (Hikaru in Magic Knight Rayearth) provided his voice in the "Wish Upon a Star" OVAs and "Power Battle" and "Power Fighters" as well as the drama tracks of legend with Mega Zaurus and all that. Reportedly people said Ai Orikasa did him in Rockman 8 and  Super Adventure Rockman, Kaoru Fujino in both Marvel vs. Capcom and Yumiko Kobayashi for Rockman Rockman - as pointed above by Gonzo's post. Didn't read it until now. D'oh.

I also heard that they casted whoever did Axl in the CM~X8 dubs for Rock's part in Powered Up. Don't know the veracity of this claim though.

I had a listing of the voice actors from X4 and forward detailing each of their roles, since they always end up doing some of the bosses for good measure, but lost it because the DVD they were on farted kerosene (in other words, died all of a sudden), so the following list will be incomplete. Regardless, the main ones would be (japanese names first just for the heck of it, and if there isn't a parenthesis that character has not had a different voice actor for all of the games accounted here):

Alia - Rumiko Kasahara, Rumiko Varnes (X7), Mariette Sluyter (X8)
Axl - Takayama Minami (MUKURO in YuYu Hakusho), Lenne Hardt (X7), Jeffrey Watson (CM~X8)
Colonel - Jin Yamanoi, Matthew Meersbergen
Double - Either John O' Conner or Jeremy Felton for the US version
Douglas - Wataru Takagi
Dr. Light - Shozo Izuka (Rockman 8), Hirokazu Sasayama (X8), Tomohisa Asô (IHX), Randal Wiebbe (X8~MHX), Jim Byrnes (Ruby Spears)
Dr. Wily, Isoc - Takeshi Aono (X4 flashback, X6), Ian James Corlett (Captain N), Scott McNeil (Ruby Spears)
Dynamo - Showtaro Morikubo
Gate - Keiji Fujiwara
General - Ryuzaburo Otomo, Mark Hagan
High Max - Norio Wakamoto
Iris - Yuko Mizutani, Michelle Gazepis
Layer - Sonoko Kawata, Meredith Taylor-Parry
Lumine - Junko Noda, Elinor Holt
Palette - Haruna Mitsuma, Chris Simms
Red - Akio Ohtsuka, Barry Gjerde
Sigma - "Mugihito" (Makoto Terada / "Mugihito Tenchi"), Charlie Fontana (X4), Walter Roberts (X7), Dave Pettit (X8~MHX)
Signas - Hirotaka Suzuoki (X6, X7), Tsuneyoshi Iwatsuru (X8), Robert Belgrade (X7), Roger Rhodes (X8)
Vile - "Mugihito" (X8), Hiroshi Shimozaki (IHX), Roger Rhodes (X8~MHX)

That's keeping it 21XX. Next, 22XX.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:20:36 PM
Megumi Ogata (X1)
I'm quite curious as to where you got that from Zan (EDIT: If its true that she DID do X, how would she? And why would the credit be removed from her website, I wonder?). There are no voice clips in MMX1 (Aside from that Hadouken, but how do I know its not a sped up voice clip from SFII?). X doesn't even say a word in the Japanese commercial for X1, where as in some of the Rockman commercials in the 90s had featured characters that has VAs but not in the actual games, MM7 being a good example of this. Please tell me.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 10:13:03 PM
I'd actually be interested in the source for Ogata voicing X as well.

Yet, if it turns out to be true, I find it kind of funny that she would later return to the Rockman franchise to voice Harpuia.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 10:37:46 PM
As Rod says, it was on the site, that's the source. Who knows why it's removed now.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 11:54:17 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20071128041910/http://www.emou.net/mo/works/works-famicom.htm

ロックマンX     X     格闘アクション     93.12.27     カプコン

Archived from Ogata's site.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."