The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230948

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4750 on: March 01, 2016, 12:52:59 AM
"Well... it's hard to say for sure. Magical constructs are highly likely though," Fxeni answers, thinking back to the Masters they've fought. "The temples tend to have plenty of magical defenses as well."

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4751 on: March 01, 2016, 03:36:17 PM
(I'm officially stepping out of this, everyone. Made some rather radical changes to certain backstories, and I've also trimmed my character roster considerably. Bell's no longer a part of it, though she still exists in the expanded universe. Since she never officially joined the group here anyway, no loss to anyone, right?

I'm happy to just watch and see where this goes for now. If anyone wants me to get back into this later, I should be able to work something out, but I figure it's easier on everyone currently involved if I remove myself and my characters from the goings on while I get my new headcanon together.

Thanks for putting up with me.  8) )

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4752 on: March 01, 2016, 04:01:55 PM
"Not sure if we'll find some temple or the shard lying in the dirt-I'm not sure if I know this location to be honest-this map doesn't match the ones from my time, the world has shifted a fair deal since the time of the empire after all. Maybe the dwarves there will be willing to gives a heads up of the area?" Aya shrugs leaning on her elbows. "I'd expect the shard to create some disturbances though."

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4753 on: March 01, 2016, 04:05:55 PM
"I think it's fair to assume Alberto will send some goons after the shard, again." Sakura mentioned.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4754 on: March 01, 2016, 04:13:38 PM
As if on cue, Albertus sneezed in his research lab on Pandora.

"Muzt haf been a draft..."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4755 on: March 01, 2016, 04:22:31 PM
"I think it's fair to assume Alberto will send some goons after the shard, again." Sakura mentioned.

*Aya sighs lightly* "Knowing our luck I'd imagine so-I suppose we should leave sooner rather than later."

As if on cue, Albertus sneezed in his research lab on Pandora.

"Muzt haf been a draft..."

((Ha!   XD ))

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4756 on: March 09, 2016, 08:18:35 PM
(So, um....having reworked some of my characters, Im'ma just throw this out there...

Is there any conceivable way I could rejoin this?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4757 on: March 09, 2016, 08:23:00 PM
(Yeah we haven't actually moved yet so it should be fine.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4758 on: March 09, 2016, 08:24:46 PM
(Mm.

That makes sense, but I'll wait for Blue's permission before I attempt anything. If adding another character (pair of characters?) to this would make things too hard to keep together, I'll hold off.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4759 on: March 09, 2016, 09:47:02 PM
(Send me a PM of the character and their story, I need to see what you want to do before I decide if I can handle another character.)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4760 on: March 09, 2016, 10:59:56 PM
(Will do. Might be a little while, though, I'm juggling some other writing stuff at the minute, and I'd like to wrap that up first so I don't get my canons confused.

In the meantime, I'll binge-read this to get caught up on everything and work out which of my characters'd be a decent fit if things go well. I did see the "anything works in this world, better with a fantasy twist" post on the 1st page of the thread, so that helps.

Hmmm.....actually, if it helps, I can drop a brief summary/list of the characters that COULD work in this RP? If there's a particular one that everyone who's already participating thinks would work, I can tweak their stories to fit this 'verse.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4761 on: March 09, 2016, 11:27:02 PM
In the meantime, I'll binge-read this to get caught up on everything and work out which of my characters'd be a decent fit if things go well. I did see the "anything works in this world, better with a fantasy twist" post on the 1st page of the thread, so that helps.

Hmmm.....actually, if it helps, I can drop a brief summary/list of the characters that COULD work in this RP? If there's a particular one that everyone who's already participating thinks would work, I can tweak their stories to fit this 'verse.)

(Honestly at this point if I were to let a new player in they would need a simple story-not have a butt load of NPCS behind their character and would have to respect the lore of this world.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4762 on: March 09, 2016, 11:31:13 PM

(Wait, you're going to read the entire topic?)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4763 on: March 09, 2016, 11:36:21 PM
(Honestly at this point if I were to let a new player in they would need a simple story-not have a butt load of NPCS behind their character and would have to respect the lore of this world.)

(I can do simple. I meant "tweak" in as much as I trim off some of the extended backstories so they're not constantly referencing it.)

(Wait, you're going to read the entire topic?)

(Well, yeah. Don't wanna feel like I'm wasting everyone's time if I do end up participating. I've got no personal or work obligations for at least another week, and it's not like I have much else to do with my spare time besides write.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4764 on: March 10, 2016, 12:22:22 AM
(I mean I gotta be honest you went overboard a bit there Xhai. You can have a multi-layered backstory to your character without having to create a ton of characters. Just look at what I did with Florence. I made named characters part of her history but decided to delve into their personal stories through exposition, not by creating separate profiles for them. The same will apply to Ammy.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4765 on: March 10, 2016, 12:23:57 AM
(That's why he's limiting himself to 2 per RP at max, the others will be cameos/minor characters as far as Wilypocalypse is concerned while most likely non existent here.  He already has a confirmed main for Wilypocalypse, he just has to make the profile.)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4766 on: March 10, 2016, 12:25:51 AM
(That's definitely a good path to take. It's too much to remember all at once and characterization suffers if they get too much detail too early on.)

Florence coughed. "Uh, who's Alberto?" She asked as she leaned forward on the table, wondering where the hell that tea was.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4767 on: March 10, 2016, 12:34:14 AM
(I mean I gotta be honest you went overboard a bit there Xhai. You can have a multi-layered backstory to your character without having to create a ton of characters. Just look at what I did with Florence. I made named characters part of her history but decided to delve into their personal stories through exposition, not by creating separate profiles for them. The same will apply to Ammy.)

(You've got a good point. I intended all of my characters to work as stand-alone as I was coming up with them, but if I could see a way of tying their backstories together, I went with it. I have used unnamed "NPC" characters in one or two profiles already, but if I'm going on my characters as a group, I'd always intended there to be a kind of family dynamic between them. I get what you're saying, though.)

(That's why he's limiting himself to 2 per RP at max, the others will be cameos/minor characters as far as Wilypocalypse is concerned while most likely non existent here.  He already has a confirmed main for Wilypocalypse, he just has to make the profile.)

(Yup. WilyPocalypse is probably going to have two characters. The "main" character Sakura is referring to hasn't been introduced in any capacity anywhere yet, and I'm leaning towards Ky as a second, just for the fun I could have playing him off against Asch and Doc's various elite mooks. If I do end up taking part here, I'll try to go with just the one character to keep things as simple as possible. Saden'd be the only exception here, but that's only because story-wise her and Leo pretty much have to come as a pair at this point.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4768 on: March 10, 2016, 12:56:21 AM
"Some degenerate bastard who's wants inflict major harm and suffering to anyone he can." Calien spoke with heavy venom as he brought some tea along with some bread, honey, bananas, eggs and tomatoes procured by him, Sakura, and Grak.  He tried to restrain himself from revealing other major details for now until he was absolutely sure he could trust the newcomers.

"By the way his name is actually Albertus but we just call him Alberto as a form of insult." Sakura mentioned as she snagged some bread for herself.

"Someone like him doesn't deserve to have the respect of being called by their proper name." Calien sighed as he started to pour out the tea.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4769 on: March 10, 2016, 09:40:00 AM
Albertus sneezed multiple times, almost causing himself to trip over.

"Vhat iz happening... Guezz I need to cloze ze windowz..."

(Yes, I'm turning it into a running gag. :P)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4770 on: March 10, 2016, 12:11:49 PM
"Aruberuto...." Toshi uttered, as if trying to mix Alberto in her moonspeak, while stirring her drink.

"Hey, shouldn't we tell her about Mar too?" Grifter said, knowing that he can't be heard or seen by Florence. Strangely Toshi merely shook her head, in response. "Still don't trust her huh?" he added, as Toshi remained silent, sipping her glass.

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4771 on: March 12, 2016, 12:05:56 AM
Florence let loose a chuckle at the 'insult' part. She nodded in thanks to Calien. "Assholes who hurt innocen' men for their own gain are the wors'." She said, realizing the irony of her words. Figured she may as well play off some form of good morality in front of this group. They... Could be useful. Traveling with a party could bring her closer to her targets and upon further (and actually sober) deliberation, merchants such as the dwarves could attract thieves... Both herself and those others she was a bit more curious about.

"Well, I fancy myself pretty alright at gougin' information outta people. If those dwarves aren't all that cooperative, maybe I should tag along? Like I said, I've dealt with 'em before." She sipped at the tea and then examined it, deeming it not all that bad. Her hangover was already starting to subside, notably with her speech being slurred a bit less.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4772 on: March 19, 2016, 11:02:16 PM
(This is just a set-up post to make a later introduction work better. I've already cleared this with Blue, so....)

Unmapped Landmass, Location Unknown

The library door creaked open, and a young man with two-toned hair quickly strode through, kneeling in front of the wizened priest seated at a table at the far end of the room.

"You wished to speak with me, Elder Vision?"

The Elder regarded the man with a warm, almost fatherly expression. "Indeed I did, young Xhai. It would appear the time has come for you to earn your wings at last."

Xhai's eyebrows rose in surprise, and he couldn't help raising his head slightly to try and get a glimpse of the Elder's face. "Really?"

The Elder chuckled at the barely-concealed eagerness in Xhai's tone. "Yes, really. I trust you are aware of the distortions in reality that have been occuring with alarming regularity in recent times?"

Xhai nodded. "Yes, Elder. The other Aspects speak of little else at mealtimes."

The Elder gave a grunt of something akin to disapproval before continuing. "I see. Regardless, we believe we have a rough location for the source of these distortions. They appear to be emanating from somewhere on the mainland. I have spoken with the other Visions, and we have reached the consensus that one of our young Aspects should be given the task of resolving this issue."

This time, Xhai could not keep the surprise from his voice. "Me? I am honoured to be selected for such a task.....but.....I do not know if I am ready for this...."

The Elder's tone was warm, but reproachful. "You think too little of yourself, Xhai. You are young, and still learning the ways of the Aspect, true. But you have great potential, and this will serve to grant you the experience you need to truly realise your talent, of this I am certain. So, Aspect Xhai, your mission is as follows: Travel to the mainland, locate the source of these disturbances, and do whatever you must to silence their threat for good. Do you understand?"

Xhai's head lowered again in a respectful nod. "I understand Elder. I accept this task and swear to dedicate everything I am to ensuring its completion."

The Elder responded with a warm smile. "Well spoken, young hunter. Rest up tonight. One of our Warbirds will take you to the mainland in the morning. I have no doubt that when you return you will have many new stories to share with us." Clasping a fist over his heart, the Elder recited the first part of the Falcon's Creed "May your wings beat strong...."

Mirroring his action, Xhai finished it "....and your talons strike true. Please excuse me, Elder. I must prepare for my journey." Rising, he again gave a respectful bow to the Elder before turning on his heel and striding from the room, eyes glittering with newfound determination.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4773 on: March 19, 2016, 11:45:58 PM
((I like it-the other landmasses have little to no lore so always welcome to see some stuff made up for them.  :) ))

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4774 on: March 20, 2016, 12:17:45 AM
(I'm glad you approve. Hopefully everyone else does, too.)