The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230940

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3700 on: May 13, 2015, 12:35:39 AM
"If you get scared in there, don't be afraid to hold onto me tight..." Pema whispered to Salem and tightened her grip.

"Seeing as I lack any limbs whatsoever, I'll take a wild guess and say you'll be doing all the holding..."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3701 on: May 13, 2015, 04:50:30 AM
"This won't be a safe visit, I won't think less of anyone who wishes to stay behind and help the villagers." Aya looks to Pema pondering on events thats transpired many life times ago at that very temple.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3702 on: May 13, 2015, 04:57:56 AM
"Oh please, after the crap we've been through already I don't think any of us are going to stay behind at this point." Sakura shook her head. "It sounds like you need all the help you can get."

"Well what exactly should we expect, not taking into account the shard bending time and space mind you."  Calien asked. "What exactly was this place used for besides Mar's Chaos Rift experiments."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3703 on: May 13, 2015, 05:22:10 AM
"Before? A place of worship, the largest temple on the surface second only to the one at the capital. Hundreds came daily to pray to the Reva, her sister and all the other elemental gods. The Empire used this temple and the religion around it to keep the "lesser" races in check as my brother and I soon discovered, but the interesting thing is this temple was not built by us or any other race. It's possible this might be one of the first structures build by the gods after our world was forged, there was many places inside even the monks never were able to access.

But to answer your question, the temple's main area is a large room; larger enough to hold hundreds at once, beyond that is where the monks lived and did their work. Above there were places to hold guests and below--well thats where the tombs of monks is located and further below is the sealed labyrinth I just spoke of."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3704 on: May 13, 2015, 05:32:59 AM
The Professor was very silent as he looked upon the temple.  Unnoticed by the group, he had knelt and bowed his head, his hood up in a show of humility and subordination.  He wasn't sure how he felt about charging headlong into hallowed grounds.  To him, it felt wrong; almost vile.  He didn't want to anger the Gods, as with how that holy place had been violated and perverted by Mar's deeds, he figured that the deities would be pissed off enough as it was.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3705 on: May 13, 2015, 05:33:58 AM
Calien took it all in as he nodded noting the details in his head, even though it most likely won't be of too much use.

"I get the feeling we may have to deal with an even more complex labyrinth with that shard messing with things." Calien stated. "Makes me kind of wish my friend were here at the moment, but we just have to go through this ourselves."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3706 on: May 13, 2015, 05:40:24 AM
"Truth is I'm not sure how the shard will affect things, it being broken--thats never happened before. All I know is there is dangerous creatures below, I'd guess the labyrinth was build as a prison or something, the people here don't even know the truth purpose of the temple."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3707 on: May 13, 2015, 05:43:46 AM
Calien took it all in as he nodded noting the details in his head, even though it most likely won't be of too much use.

"I get the feeling we may have to deal with an even more complex labyrinth with that shard messing with things." Calien stated. "Makes me kind of wish my friend were here at the moment, but we just have to go through this ourselves."

Riagan stepped up behind Calien. "Your friends are here."

((PB, any time you want Riagan back, feel free to take him.  I'm just zombie-ing him at this point.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3708 on: May 13, 2015, 05:48:17 AM
"Yeah....you're right." Calien nodded "Not to mention he has his own duties to fulfill and I have mine.  I may not have been an ace Dungeon explorer like he was, but I think we should be able to get through this together."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3709 on: May 13, 2015, 06:27:28 AM
"Right! We can do this, as long as we stick together." Pema nodded.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3710 on: May 13, 2015, 06:32:59 AM
(I'm suddenly thinking that the warped labyrinth would be like Silent Hill... PYRAMID HEADS D:)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3711 on: May 13, 2015, 06:33:56 AM
(And then scar Pema for life...)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3712 on: May 13, 2015, 06:43:45 AM
(SHE'S THE CHOSEN ONE D:)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #3713 on: May 13, 2015, 08:51:04 AM
Shuu had been quietly listening, all three of his daemons sitting in his armor as the stone tablets.

"Feh, the scent is faint, but that 'temple' used to be the center of a Lorde's Nest. There is no mistaking it." Hellhound's voice came, his tablet glowing faintly as he spoke. "And it smells as if some have returned to try to reclaim that territory."

"How can you smell in there?" Shuu asked, lightly tapping Hellhound's tablet.

"None of your fu-!"

"Language, Hellhound! There's a kid present!"

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3714 on: May 13, 2015, 02:44:07 PM
Toshi - "Wait, so if this labyrinth was meant to seal off access to this shard; wouldn't Mar be in the same situation we're in, trying find it himself?" she asked Aya, "I mean, we'd be doing him a really big favor, should we somehow succeed."

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3715 on: May 13, 2015, 05:42:15 PM
"It's possible the temple was made to seal away a Lorde, as for Mar yes if the shard crashed deep into the temple he'll likely be hoping to grab it too. Expect to see more of Mar's allies I doubt he'd just send two warriors."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3716 on: May 13, 2015, 05:44:03 PM
(Hmmm... Space... Time... HMMMMMMM...)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3717 on: May 13, 2015, 06:25:36 PM
((Uh oh  O^O ))

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3718 on: May 13, 2015, 06:32:48 PM
(I wish he appeared in this short scenario.)

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3719 on: May 13, 2015, 06:46:23 PM
(It was his re entering the atmosphere that causes the crash not the shard then?  8D )

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3720 on: May 13, 2015, 10:46:25 PM
The Professor finally spoke up. "Since, since this is a holy place, we, we, we m-must be respectful.  Regardless of what, what, regardless of what it's b-been put to use in recent times, we, we, we need to remember that."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3721 on: May 13, 2015, 11:40:03 PM
"I don't quite believe in deities, but there are indeed forces at work in there," Fxeni chimed in. "It would be best not to disturb anything if possible, although I doubt we'll have much of a choice."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3722 on: May 13, 2015, 11:43:40 PM
"Yeah especially if our enemies makes things explody, is really fast or is as big as an Orc." Sakura added.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3723 on: May 14, 2015, 12:37:03 AM
"You hear that, Pema? Don't touch anything you're not supposed to." Salem exclaimed.

She nodded, "Yep, no touching."

"That means even if something looks "cute" or shiny, do not be tempted to mess around with it. And I know you like pressing buttons and switches, for whatever reason, so none of that either." He warned her.

Pema sighed, "Salem, I'm not a baby, I can control myself... But like... If there's a huge red button-"

"NO!"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3724 on: May 14, 2015, 03:15:46 AM
((Uh oh  O^O ))
(Haha, don't worry. The only one that seems to fit the bill is Centaur Mistress. But that would mean she was already there when the shard crashed, too plotholey. XD I'll leave the madness to you, Blue. 8D)