Blue Valkyrie · 230940

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2825 on: March 24, 2015, 06:06:46 AM
Shuu sighed and sat back down, thankful things had been resolved. That was close. Hellhound would've only made things worse... He thought, going back to eating.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2826 on: March 24, 2015, 06:09:59 AM
((More of I screwed up on his character a bit and I wanted to get him out of there. :P))

The Professor remained silent as he folded his arms on the tabletop and buried his face in them.  He had learned so much in such a short amount of time that he needed a moment to sort through it.  He learned his identity and he learned his weakness--a weakness which he didn't realize was specific only to him.  He and his master worked with iron from time to time, and he knew it burned him, so he wore gloves.  His master also wore gloves, so he assumed it simply to be a property of the material.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2827 on: March 24, 2015, 06:16:53 AM
(Yeah it's a bit weird since after he hit the Prof when they first met he wanted to apologize to him after the Dwarves accepted the group.  It seems a little out of character, especially the part with the Horse Shoe, even if everything else makes sense.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2828 on: March 24, 2015, 06:40:04 AM
Pema continued to eat her meal, though at a sluggish pace, devoid of her usual vigor.

She was never on good terms with Riagan since the Doll Master slaying, but now? Well, now, she wasn't sure if she could ever trust him again. Not simply because of how he treated the Professor, but rather the inevitable actions that this man will take.

This is how he is. She could never dream to understand a person like Riagan.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2829 on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:41 AM
The Professor finally lifted his head and removed his hood.  His drink had been refilled by the barmaid and he helped himself to it.  There was a basket of rolls before him and he took one and bit into it.  Chewing the mouthful, he risked a glimpse at the burn mark on his leg.  The pain had since subsided and the redness was starting to go away. 

"Magic wounds heal differently..." he said that mostly to himself as he dropped his robe over his legs and returned to his partially-eaten roll.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2830 on: March 24, 2015, 08:48:17 AM
Sakura sighed as she returned to eating her meal.  She was very worried about Riagan and his behavior, but she felt it wasn't the right time to talk to him.  He clearly needed to be alone right now, and she wasn't close enough to him to help him yet.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2831 on: March 24, 2015, 10:27:48 AM
Fxeni remained silent throughout the whole ordeal. It allowed him to get a full picture of the party. He watched as Riagan walked off, and turned his gaze on everyone else. The majority were more naive than he had initially thought. When the time would eventually come, would they be able to do what needs to be done?

With a sigh, Fxeni silently got up and walked out after Riagan as everyone else was occupied.

(Alright so, since I missed everything, here's Fxeni being silent again. Now with some sort of purpose! I guess.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2832 on: March 24, 2015, 11:08:02 AM
After losing her appetite at the commotion happening before her; Toshi got up and left, but decided not to follow Riagan. Despite her urge to murder the guy on the spot, she felt she needed to clear her mind and focus on more pressing matters.

As she made her way outside; Grifter, in his spirit form appeared, roosting on her shoulder.

Grifter - "You know, I wouldn't of hesitated to run that bastard down. Hell, I wouldn't of cared if the king was watching. There's no way I'd let some [dark hold] treat the little guy like some lab rat experiment. I'd keep an eye on that one if I were you. Something about him really pisses me off."

Toshi remained silent, nodding her head forward as a tear suddenly dripped from her face.

(Just adding some filler, since I got nothing better to do with her right now, other than dressing her in a more winter themed outfit. But thank goodness Toshi never summoned any of her familiars to the table, otherwise things would of gotten worse than it is already.)

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2833 on: March 24, 2015, 11:13:03 AM
((Oh goodness, yes, she needs winter clothing!))

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2834 on: March 24, 2015, 11:28:26 AM
(I've already provided a suggestion on what it should look like in the Supplement thread. Still wondering who she'd go to, to provide/weave/knit one for her.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2835 on: March 24, 2015, 02:56:29 PM
"I'm sorry, I lost my appetite." Sakura sighed as she got up from the table.

"You going to go back to your quarters?" Calien asked.

"I think I need to go for a walk." Sakura replied "Need to clear my head."

"Okay....." Calien nodded.

Sakura exited the dining hall deciding to follow Fxeni.

(Yeah I changed my mind here.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2836 on: March 24, 2015, 06:34:36 PM
(Wait, so now she's on Riagan's side?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2837 on: March 24, 2015, 07:04:56 PM
(No, she's not, but that doesn't mean she's not worried about him.   Riagan does have some points, but his anger blinds him.  That's what's she's worried about.  She's also feels bad since she can see he was honestly trying to help, but went too far, not to mention the tragedy the Fae caused the Dwarves. 

Sakura beyond all else wants her friends to not fight, she knows the Prof is scared of him and she knows Pema likes him even less now.  However they still have to work together, and she doesn't want them to fall apart. She doesn't just care about Pema and the Prof very much, she cares about Riagan too, so she's conflicted.

Not to mention she's seen how Riagan acted in the Watch Tower.  She seen him treat the Prof with concern and even worry in the Watch Tower when the Prof was going nuts from hallucinations she's wondering if that was still evident in him or not.  Even before that she's seen how he wanted to handle the Watch Tower alone and not let his guests come to harm.  She sees that he cares about people, but he cares too much and gets too angry if they come to harm.

As Calien said it seems odd that he's acting this way even though the Prof risked his life, and sanity, to try to help Riagan.  Even though the Prof couldn't do much, his actions were still there.

Sakura doesn't see in Black and White like someone like Pema, though the bad guys are still mostly black to her, she sees the grey as well, like when she learned more about the Order from the Professor their grey lighten slightly, very slightly but it is lighter.  Riagan is a lighter shade of grey, he believes in Justice but at the same time his Justice is very near sighted, while the Order is still a very dark grey to her, though they might get a darker grey as the story gets on.

So it's not that she's taken Riagan's side, ie the abuse of the Prof was justifided, she's worried about Riagan because despite all this she still thinks of Riagan as a friend, a misguided friend but a friend.  So yeah that's it.

I really should retcon the post before that but it could be that she doesn't know Fxeni is going to see Riagan.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2838 on: March 24, 2015, 07:20:30 PM
Pema hopped out of her seat and ran after Sakura, "Wait, where are you going?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2839 on: March 24, 2015, 07:23:29 PM
"I just need to take a walk." Sakura sighed "....I have a lot on my mind."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2840 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:04 PM
"Oh..." Pema rubbed her arm, "It's about Mr. Riagan, isn't it? Ugh, I can't believe he would do that to the poor Professor..."

"His actions may have been unwarranted, however, I can see why he went through with it..." Salem sighed.

Her eyes widened and darted a glare at Salem, "Now you're on his side? I thought you told me that you didn't agree with what he did!"

"Failing to agree and not seeing reason are two entirely different beasts," He stated simply.

Pema hunched over, shaking her head, "... Mr. Zilpher said I was too young to understand. I didn't have the experience. Do you think... he's right about me? Will I be left out because of it?"

Salem went silent, thinking of what to say.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2841 on: March 24, 2015, 07:47:48 PM
"What do you mean left out?" Sakura asked.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2842 on: March 24, 2015, 10:42:09 PM
Fxeni caught up with Riagan, who was looking out at the city below as he leaned against the railing. He decided to join him in silence; he knew better than to press a dwarf into talking against his will.

His thoughts swirled in his head as he gazed out beyond the railing. If they were to succeed in their quest they would need to be firm and not waver, even if it meant doing things that would go against their judgement. If it was for the greater good.

He let out a small sigh. He hadn't worked in a group for a while, after what had happened in the past. His previous group's conviction had wavered, and they paid the price for it. He wasn't about to let it happen again with this one.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2843 on: March 24, 2015, 11:36:11 PM
"Your friends lack discipline."

Riagan didn't look at Fxeni as he spoke, his gaze on the Dwarves milling about below.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2844 on: March 24, 2015, 11:57:16 PM
"Agreed," Fxeni replied, not looking at Riagan either. "We've been dallying here for too long, giving the upper hand to the enemy."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2845 on: March 25, 2015, 12:49:11 AM
Riagan gave a slow nod. "When we were rescuing your friend, I gained valuable insight into how you operate as a group.  And... I do have to admit that despite the difficulty your fae was having, he did show initiative."

He was quiet for a moment as he let that compliment drop and he finally looked at Fxeni. "The elven girl, Sakura... is she the party leader?  Do you have a party leader?  For effectiveness in battle, you need to have a leader.  Your disorganization is from your group's utter lack of any sort of leadership."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2846 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:55 AM
Fxeni contemplated for a moment, thinking back upon the events from the forest up to now. He shook his head.

"No, we don't really have one. Everyone kind of did their own thing. It kind of worked for a while, albeit with injuries aplenty along the way. Mar was completely different though, he tossed us aside like the riffraff we were. We need to kick it up a notch," Fxeni replied as he looked over at Riagan.

"The only problem is, we need everyone to be able to drop their egos for the greater good. This isn't a unit of mercenaries or military; these are mostly civilians. It won't be easy to get everyone to gel together." Fxeni looked down at the railing, flicking a loose rock from the top of it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2847 on: March 25, 2015, 01:42:35 AM
Riagan nodded in agreement. "With a proper leader, your group will fall in line.  I've witnessed dillydallying, over-planning, complete lack of initiative, people breaking down at the slightest provocation, and your weakest members taking point."

He returned his gaze to the chasm. "In the mead hall, I witnessed another detriment; emotions.  Rampant emotions." His eyes met Fxeni's once more.  "You have friends who will collapse and weep at only the barest of provocation!  You saw it for yourself!"

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2848 on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:24 AM
"Emotions... emotions are tricky when it comes to controlling mana. Passion can lead to stronger magic... but that magic can be chaotic and unruly. It can serve a purpose; but I agree that in this case it would most likely not," Fxeni answered with a sigh. He thinks back to his training. His master showing him how to control his emotions, along with his mana.

Images of his previous group go through his mind. How they were undone by their emotions.

Then he recalls what happened at Skull Cove; how he let his anger flow. How, in the end, it amounted to nothing. His gaze hardens as images of Skull Cove in flames reappear in his mind. His mind then flits over to Heimdall, his new home. The home that may now be in greater danger than ever. His hand tightens into a fist.

"I am thankful that you have joined us. As displeasing as your demeanor seems to be to the others, it is sorely needed to balance us out," Fxeni said as he got off the railing. "I, for one, appreciate it. If you'll excuse me, I think it's time to set things straight."

With that, Fxeni turns around and walks back towards the mead hall.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2849 on: March 25, 2015, 02:13:32 AM
(Can fxeni run into Sakura?)