The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230951

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2700 on: March 20, 2015, 09:05:46 AM
"I think that only works for the Horses here Pema." Sakura laughed nervously "I could use some food myself too, I didn't think putting away the smelly mushrooms would turn into such an adventure."

(Sorry I fell asleep.)

(I think that could've afforded some dialogue. Also, shrugging suggests he doesn't know.)
(Honestly if I was controlling the Dwarf I would have done the same. If there was dialog the Dwarf probably could have said something rude to her, since there's obviously no human food in a stable, like he's a stable hand not a damn waiter go get some yourself you lazy idiot, or something along those lines or even presenting her with some hay and feed, because most Dwarves wouldn't have the patience to decline such a stupid request in a polite way.  After all some Dwarves can be rude as hell, in fact most are, and Pema would have opened herself up to some smart ass remark with what she did especially if she been someone older.  That sort of thing would be insulting to the Dwarf if it came from someone older, but with Pema it's a different story since she's just a kid who was imitating Riagan.

That kind of response, where the Dwarf would say something, wouldn't be an appropriate thing to do for the Dwarf, not only because she was a little girl but because he's in front of Riagan, and if you're smart mouthing a guest who wasn't exactly intending to be rude, especially one that doesn't know better, it would be bad.  If Pema was older with every intention of being rude Riagan would have most like not only approve of the smart mouthing but he would have joined in and if she was a guy back hand the hell out of her for treating said Dwarf like someone lower than her, like how an Elf would act to them.  An Elf probably would have done something like that as a mean spirited joke before he gets floored by every Dwarf in the room.

So due to the circumstances the situation didn't exactly need, or call for, dialog and Quickie did it perfectly by not including it.

Not to mention shrugging can also be seen as saying 'whatever man' while just blowing her off and ignoring her ridiculous idea.  Plus it can still be seen as not having patience and being rude which is very appropriate for him.  He basically said 'I don't got time to deal with this [parasitic bomb], I have Horses feed' with his body language. I used that reaction sometimes in fiction I think.

Yay for overly long responses that I probably could have made simpler but didn't!)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2701 on: March 20, 2015, 11:36:46 AM
"Come along, then!  Your steed is in good hands!" At his signal, a stablehand led Epee back into the stall to feed and relax, and Riagan led the group to the mead hall.  As they walked, he summoned another Dwarf to summon the King and his entourage to the hall.

"Just a small affair, bit unusual for us Dwarves, but our cooks are busy with dinner.  We'll have time to talk." Riagan glanced over his shoulder at Sakura, Pema, and Shuu.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2702 on: March 20, 2015, 12:28:32 PM
(Zilpher is a kind Dwarf. Especially towards Pema, since he sees her as an exceptional culinary warrior, but to others, as well.

Pema revealed that she didn't know what "Insatiable" meant after Zilpher's speech, horribly mispronouncing the word. Most of the Dwarves laughed, and one teared up at how adorable she was. They weren't hostile or disrespected that she didn't understand the honorable title of their fellow Dwarven brethren.

And that's exactly the point, like you yourself stated. She's just a kid. The stablehand knows that she's merely oblivious. Not to mention most, if not all the Dwarves, were in the Mess Hall during the Eating Contest. So, if anything, some of the Dwarves in these stables should've welcomed her back, recognizing the one who was able to conquer Zilpher the Insatiable. Some may be sour by that fact, of course, however, she certainly has the overall respect of the Dwarven community.

He could've chuckled and given a brief response of "We don't have any of that near here." Or no chuckle at all, it doesn't really matter. He knows a child meant no disrespect.

That's it. Simple, clean, done.

Not sure why you put me through all this. It's a pointless argument, but okay.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2703 on: March 20, 2015, 02:34:00 PM
(Eh it is pointless, but that's just how I saw it.)

"See you later Epee, I'll be back soon." Sakura said as she went up to Riagan "I wonder if my Father is hungry too, sometimes when he's working on something he forgets to eat."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2704 on: March 21, 2015, 04:19:33 AM
As the professor and Aya discuss their topic Aya's eyes widen. "Aha!" she blurts out as if she had just figured something out.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2705 on: March 21, 2015, 04:21:08 AM
(Aya should've said "Eureka!" 8D)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2706 on: March 21, 2015, 04:28:31 AM
((In hindsight.... 8D))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2707 on: March 21, 2015, 04:30:16 AM
The Professor practically fell over from being startled.

"What?  What??" Clawing at the rocks, he regained his balance and looked to Aya, wide-eyed.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2708 on: March 21, 2015, 04:42:03 AM
"I've found it, the shard! It's to the north!" Aya grins "I believe it's near a town or city of some sort, I can sense lots of mana there besides the fragment."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2709 on: March 21, 2015, 05:09:26 AM
"We, we must hurry!  We must tell the others!" The Professor began to climb down the rocky canyon wall as fast as his body would permit without falling.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2710 on: March 21, 2015, 05:13:09 AM
Aya carefully picks up the professor from under the arms and hops off the hill gliding down lightly with her wings setting him down gently as they touch down. "Yes, we need to inform the others quickly!" Aya heads into the dwarven city with the professor.

((Might as well make that picture you drew canon Quickie XD))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2711 on: March 21, 2015, 05:22:31 AM
((Yay, wings!  On that note, I'm out for the night.  Zombie as you need.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2712 on: March 21, 2015, 05:26:00 AM
(Eh I think I'll wait til you're back tomorrow unless PB magically gets free time somehow.  But if Pema or Shu start talking I'll control Riagan for the rest of the night.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2713 on: March 21, 2015, 05:27:15 AM
((Might be best, I'm working to later in the day so keep up your end of things, Aya and Prof can catch up later and reveal their findings. ))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2714 on: March 21, 2015, 05:32:32 AM
(Yeah I might just shorten the time Armor gets made to the next morning in RP, maybe I don't know if that would be realistic. 

As a reminder Calien only made the clothes, he can't make armor so Aya does not have her Scale Mail yet and he and Sakura are also getting some armor pieces.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2715 on: March 21, 2015, 05:36:20 AM
(That can even happen off screen if needed)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2716 on: March 21, 2015, 05:43:04 AM
(Of course, and Pema's leg healing too.  She still has a couple of days.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2717 on: March 21, 2015, 07:13:14 AM
(I might as well update my end of things, to catch up to Heimdall. :P)

Shadow Master reappeared in front of what looked like barracks. He entered to see multiple figures around and about. This was where all of Albertus' Masters gathered to train after being transported to Pandora. The internals of the structure was further separated into different... "Zones", and Shadow Master made his way towards one with what appeared to be an iced floor.

"Freeze Master... Blizzard Master... Our Master has an assignment for the two of you."

Upon hearing the names, a humanoid figure, along with what looked like a giant ball with limbs stood up. The humanoid looked pretty human, except his lower face had a mask of sorts, and there was a hole in his torso... The giant ball was just as described, but he had skis on his feet, and a snow cap on his... Head.

The humanoid spoke first. "Freezzzzzzzze. All will freezzzzzzzzzze... What does our Master want frozen?"

"I hope to do some skiiing, since you are joining me..." The giant ball said.

"Our Master wanted the two of you to take over a small community in the north, Heimdall's the name. A piece of the Omni-Gem resides there at the moment. Do put up a show for any that inteferes. Minions for the both of you will arrive as soon as you arrive."

"Freezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze... Sounds fun... Finally some taunting!"

"Aye... And spinning!"

"Go now. In the name of ALBERTUS!"

(So yea, Freeze Man and Blizzard Man. Enforcements... Will be Cheval Joes. :P)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2718 on: March 21, 2015, 07:22:09 AM
(Are you sure you want to set Fxeni off? It might not end well 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2719 on: March 21, 2015, 07:25:22 AM
(Updated my last post.)

(Are you sure you want to set Fxeni off? It might not end well 8D)
(If not now... When will Cheval go in a blaze of glory? 8D)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2720 on: March 21, 2015, 07:30:40 AM
(Oh man, this'll be fun to write XD)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2721 on: March 21, 2015, 04:10:27 PM
(Honestly I was thinking the Cheval was going to be used to make Turbo Master.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2722 on: March 21, 2015, 08:19:44 PM
((By the way, I've been awake and semi-active, so what's new?  Riagan had led the group to the mead hall by now, and the King is there (anyone can take him, really, if they need a mouthpiece for their backstory and stuff), so we can do stuff.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2723 on: March 21, 2015, 09:40:10 PM
(Nothing really happened, and I would rather not control the King.  What do you mean by mouthpiece for backstory and stuff exactly?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2724 on: March 21, 2015, 09:57:57 PM
((Just people to ask questions so others can give out their backstory.  I'll take the King, then.))