Blue Valkyrie · 230932

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2150 on: March 07, 2015, 05:28:13 AM
The Professor had resumed his wandering, in search of supplies.  He wasn't sure the level of the Dwarves' technology, so he didn't expect them to have figured out indoor plumbing.  He intended to get a bath at some point, no matter how it would be provided.

Unable to find the supplies he was looking for, the Professor returned to the deck, limped over to the railing, and leaned on it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2151 on: March 07, 2015, 05:31:33 AM
"Oh Professor there you are." Calien stated as he walked over to him "I was wondering where you went."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2152 on: March 07, 2015, 05:38:53 AM
With a start, the Professor looked up.  "Oh, oh, oh, you were?  Well, I, I, I had gone b-below for supplies.  I'm, I'm, I'm running out, yes?  This quest, this journey has been m-most trying on my supplies."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2153 on: March 07, 2015, 05:42:28 AM
"Oh I see." Calien nodded as he sat down next to him "I suppose that makes sense, given how you used quite a bit of them at the tower.  Is that why you haven't used anything to treat your hands?"

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2154 on: March 07, 2015, 05:43:30 AM
"Supplies couldn't hurt, that's for sure... I lost all of mine back in Al- Skull Cove," Fxeni chimed in as he made sure the airship remained dormant.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2155 on: March 07, 2015, 05:46:57 AM
"M-my hands?" The Professor seemed confused for a moment, and then looked at his hands, remembering the burns.  "Oh!  Oh, oh, I din't quite have the time.  We've been quite busy, and, and, and I'm afraid I've forgotten.  They don't hurt anymore.  They look absolutely dreadful, but they don't hurt."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2156 on: March 07, 2015, 05:52:03 AM
"Yes, though Sakura and I left most of our stuff here in the Dwarven City besides the stuff we had on our backs and some potions I brewed the night before. You lost your Cheval too didn't you." Calien nodded. "

"Our room is going to be smelling like mushrooms isn't it?" Sakura quipped.

"......Possibly......." Calien replied.

(They left things like Sakura's big book of Pokemon, other personal belongings, and ingredients that can't be used right away without refining them but he still has medical supplies and concoctions he made on hand.

I don't know if I should say Sakura brought her Magitek Sewing Machine with her though....)

"M-my hands?" The Professor seemed confused for a moment, and then looked at his hands, remembering the burns.  "Oh!  Oh, oh, I din't quite have the time.  We've been quite busy, and, and, and I'm afraid I've forgotten.  They don't hurt anymore.  They look absolutely dreadful, but they don't hurt."
"Maybe so, but we can't leave them like that, it could get an infection if not treated." Calien shook his head.

(Can burns get infections, I'm not sure if they can, help.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2157 on: March 07, 2015, 05:56:22 AM
((They can.  Oooooooh burns can get infections.  Particularly serious burns.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2158 on: March 07, 2015, 05:58:11 AM
(Okay good thing I wasn't bullshitting and had a good reason to get those hands treated.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2159 on: March 07, 2015, 05:59:41 AM
The Professor nodded and picked a bit of charred skin off. "Yes, yes, they should be treated.  Now that we have the time to do so."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2160 on: March 07, 2015, 06:00:30 AM
"Seems like a good idea to me," Fxeni says as he cringes a little when looking at the Prof's hands. "We should probably attend to that ASAP, although that Chaos Rift we left here won't close itself..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2161 on: March 07, 2015, 06:03:22 AM
The Professor nodded and picked a bit of charred skin off. "Yes, yes, they should be treated.  Now that we have the time to do so."
"Of course." Calien said as he started to get his medical supplies out "I guess the one good thing about your hands being in that state is that my remedies won't sting like hell."

"Seems like a good idea to me," Fxeni says as he cringes a little when looking at the Prof's hands. "We should probably attend to that ASAP, although that Chaos Rift we left here won't close itself..."
"Yes I'll try to get this done as quickly as possible, I don't know if the cave environment could possibly make things worse if I don't treat it now." Calien replied.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2162 on: March 07, 2015, 06:10:50 AM
The Professor picked off another bit of blackened skin.  "That rift, that rift should be closed as soon as you can.  Don't, don't allow, don't allow me to take up your time, if, if, if you have more p-pressing matters to attend to."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2163 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15:21 AM
"Nonsense this won't take too much time." Calien shook his head as he began with a simple Cure spell to heal some of it before he began applying his remedy.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2164 on: March 07, 2015, 06:16:44 AM
"We still need to find a way to it now that it's blocked off, so I'd say there's enough to time make sure your hands remain intact Prof," Fxeni says as he pats the Profs shoulder. "I'd say that's more pressing anyways."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2165 on: March 07, 2015, 06:22:33 AM
"Actually the path should be cleared by now since my brothers who were possessed had a head start before they came to their senses when that vile she demon left." Riagan stated "However the way to the Watch tower is still complicated to you guys so I'll lead you once you're done helping the goblin creature."

"Yeah I can vouch for that, even though I'm good with directions the paths kind of look the same since the cave is all rocky so I would still get confused without Riagan." Sakura nodded.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2166 on: March 07, 2015, 06:32:50 AM
The Professor slid to a seated position and rested his hands on his knees, palms up.  He had burned himself before, but not quite to the point where he could no longer feel any pain.  The flesh was bloody, red, and mottled with a charred, blackened crust.

He gave off a sigh.  It was going to be a while until he could use his hands again.

"Unfortunately, unfortunately I won't be of m-much assistance with closing the rift.  I don't possess magic like you do.  At, at least, at least I don't think I do.  The Order, the Order n-never told me what I am."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2167 on: March 07, 2015, 06:41:22 AM
"Actually it may be possible to teach you." Calien stated "It doesn't matter what you are, the majority of living creatures can learn magic."

"Yeah I mean if you can sense the energy of those special stones I found and Mana I'm sure you can learn Magic Prof!" Sakura smiled.

"Oh yeah.....I got to refine those stone into those communication stones we use too......" Calien sighed "Sakura why did you pick up so many."

"Well I figured it would be good to have extras, we don't know what's going happen on our Journey and we might meet new people we need to keep in contact with.  Not to mention we still need to find Farah's sisters right?" Sakura replied.

"I suppose so....still I was surprised when you told me you found a dozen of them......" Calien shook his head.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #2168 on: March 07, 2015, 06:43:33 AM
"Everyone has the mana in them to use; that said, learning how to do so varies greatly from person to person," Fxeni explained further. "It can take years for some people. I'm not sure how long it would take for you, Prof."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2169 on: March 07, 2015, 06:45:27 AM
"Yeah not to mention people learn in different ways, my magic is definitely really weird compared to everyone else......" Sakura said sheepishly.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2170 on: March 07, 2015, 07:12:38 AM
The Professor gave a slow nod and concentrated on keeping his hands still so that Calien can treat them.  "Doll Master... they said, they said that I was a... hobgoblin?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2171 on: March 07, 2015, 07:18:28 AM
(It was Doll Master who said it not Mask Master.)

"Hmm the thing is I'm not sure if that is correct." Calien pondered. "My knowledge of such things is still lacking."

"Yeah it was also weird that Doll [sonic slicer] knew I was Half Human, though I don't think she knew what the other half was." Sakura questioned "That [sonic slicer] was really weird."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2172 on: March 07, 2015, 07:41:44 AM
((Derp.  Fixed.))

The Professor nodded again, and then sucked in his breath in a wince.  Evidently, not all of his nerve endings had been fried.

Glancing at his hands, he gave a shrug. "I suppose... I suppose it would have been wise of me to b-bring my gloves.  Though, in, in my, in my defense, my departure from Iron Gate was quite... sudden, yes?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2173 on: March 07, 2015, 07:45:50 AM
"Would you like me to make you some later?" Calien asked. "I certainly wouldn't  mind."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2174 on: March 07, 2015, 07:54:16 AM
"If, it it won't be too much trouble," The Professor winced again.  Debridement was fast becoming quite painful as Calien removed the blackened, dead tissue.