The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229871

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1525 on: February 21, 2015, 08:39:35 PM
Salem hovered from Pema's grip, "If this were truly devised as a trap, wouldn't our best strategy be a covert approach? How long would this distraction last before their entire forces surround us?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1526 on: February 21, 2015, 08:44:20 PM
"We'll still be using a covert approach, but the distration will help us sneak in." Calien explained. "It's a very common tactic in covert operations."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1527 on: February 21, 2015, 08:48:01 PM
"Ah, I see. Alright, sounds like a plan," Salem exclaimed.

"But, what if one of the townspeople notices and starts speaking to us?" Pema pondered aloud.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1528 on: February 21, 2015, 08:50:46 PM
"A distraction?  A distraction, yes?  I, I can, I can assist!  Yes, yes, yes, I have some items here, I c-can use them, yes."  The Professor put his spyglass away and dug through his bag, producing a few small vials.

"I have b-bombs!"  He held out the vials. "Throw them into the road and divert attention.  I, I, I used these, I used these in that m-manner quite a few times, quite a few times, yes.  Quite, quite effective."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1529 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:16 PM
"Perhaps multiple distractions would be necessary." Calien stated "That way no one can concentrate on anything."

"The Clones can attack things like supply lines, weapons depots, and if the Clones can use their own Kites that Airship might be a good target, or they can secure it for us so we can get away."  Sakura continued "Otherwise we just avoid people."

"A distraction?  A distraction, yes?  I, I can, I can assist!  Yes, yes, yes, I have some items here, I c-can use them, yes."  The Professor put his spyglass away and dug through his bag, producing a few small vials.

"I have b-bombs!"  He held out the vials. "Throw them into the road and divert attention.  I, I, I used these, I used these in that m-manner quite a few times, quite a few times, yes.  Quite, quite effective."
"......I think we should save those......" Calien stated. "I don't think it would be enough in this case.  Not to mention I have my own 'Flash Bombs' but I only use those in emergecies.  Those should be saved in an emergency."

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1530 on: February 21, 2015, 09:02:53 PM
"Well in this case I think we need a distraction." Calien pondered "How many Water Clones can you make?"

Toshi - "Since there's plenty of ground water here. I'd say about 20." she acknowledges, pulling out the tiger handsign. "Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu!" as she spawns 20 doppelgangers of herself from the cove's ground water.

WC Toshis - "So what's the plan?"

Toshi - "I think the Professor should let us handle these. Better to send fodder, with those bombs of yours." She suggested.

(Feel free to control the clones which ever way you want, since they think differently than Toshi herself. And also, because I'm practically out of time for the day. Besides they are expendable "water bombs", though. :P)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1531 on: February 21, 2015, 09:03:54 PM
(But we're in a Cove shouldn't she be able to make more?)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1532 on: February 21, 2015, 09:06:13 PM
(Oh, right... -AC I forgot we were in a cove, so I should be able to triple that amount.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1533 on: February 21, 2015, 09:07:08 PM
(I'd say 20 personally.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1534 on: February 21, 2015, 09:08:37 PM
(20 suicide clones, it is, then.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1535 on: February 21, 2015, 09:12:13 PM
(So anyone have any other ideas of how to use the clones?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1536 on: February 21, 2015, 09:12:55 PM
The Professor was too busy looking through his bag for other explosive materials to notice Toshi create the water clones.  He produced a few more vials of various substances, and then dug through his rolled maps.

Finally, he produced a map of Skull Cove. "This one, this one is a bit... old.  But, but, but, it's the most recent m-map I have.  The airship, the airship landed here—" he pointed to a structure on the map "—and we are here—" he pointed to an area just beyond the gates "—so perhaps, so perhaps we should m-make a plan, plan a route.  There are numerous roads, and, and, and we could take the alleys.  See, see, see how the roads intersect?  Look, look here; we could split up and meet at the tower."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1537 on: February 21, 2015, 09:15:07 PM
Calien looks over the map then looks over to Fxeni.

"When did White Beard take over the city, would this map still be accurate?" He asked.

"Is it a good idea to spilt up if they are expecting us?" Sakura pondered.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1538 on: February 21, 2015, 09:44:42 PM
"It's been 5 about years since it was taken over," Fxeni says as he looks at the city through the gate. "There's a few new structures along the way, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be much different. The map should be useful to plan a path."

5 years... Fxeni thinks as he gazes at the city. He hops back onto the Cheval, and looks over at the Water Clones.

"Don't... don't hit any of the residential buildings. The new structures I spoke of seem to be guard towers, those might be good targets to distract," Fxeni said. "Just make sure there's no civilians in them."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1539 on: February 21, 2015, 09:48:01 PM
"Fxeni.....is this place important to you?" Sakura asked. "You've been acting a little weird since we got here."

(I still say we should try the airship too if it's an enemy airship.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1540 on: February 21, 2015, 09:51:36 PM
"I personally suggest we stick together," Salem stated, "What point would there be in splitting up, when we'll arrive to our destination, regardless?"

"I don't wanna split up, either," Pema shrunk in her clothes, "Something about this place... makes me uncomfortable."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1541 on: February 21, 2015, 09:52:44 PM
"I agree, there's really no point in this case and it would be dangerous otherwise." Calien nodded.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1542 on: February 21, 2015, 09:55:34 PM
As the Professor watched the group discuss their plans, his master's voice spoke to him.  The dull ache that he had been ignoring immediately flared, and he grabbed his head, shutting his eyes tight.

"No, no, no, no!  Quiet, quiet, quiet!  Get out of my head!"

He pulled his hood over his head and curled into a ball until the voices stopped.  Panting, he opened his eyes and frantically dug through his bag until he found a specific potion.  Uncapping it, he downed a swig.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1543 on: February 21, 2015, 09:56:40 PM
"Oh crap not again!" Calien said in concern as he kneeled down to him.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1544 on: February 22, 2015, 12:20:33 AM
After an excruciating moment, the voices and pain subsided.  The Professor took another swig of the potion, capped it, and put it in his bag.  He unscrewed his canteen and knocked back a few swallows, closed it, and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. 

Rubbing at his forehead, he panted a bit more and then blinked at Sakura and Calien. "I'm sorry, but, but, but I think, I think I'll be all right n-now.  I think so, yes.  No need, no need to worry."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1545 on: February 22, 2015, 12:24:35 AM
"Are you absolutely sure?" Calien asked seriously "I mean if you're feeling like that now it's only going to get worse for you the further in we get......"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1546 on: February 22, 2015, 01:25:03 AM
The Professor held Calien in a level gaze. "I will not be left behind."

Taking another swallow from his canteen, he returned his gaze to his map. "Now then, if, if, if splitting up is... unwise, then, then, then might I suggest another course of action?  We don't, we don't want any undue attention d-drawn to us, yes?  Perhaps, perhaps then, perhaps then we, we divide these... doppelgangers into groups.  Draw attention to them, yes?  They take the m-main roads, while we, while we take the back roads and alleys."

He pulled out his spyglass once more and used it to survey what streets he was able to see. "If I had a good vantage point, I could see where the citizens are.  M-might I suggest, might I suggest a scout?  Send one of the d-doppelgangers up on a hill so they can see the town?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1547 on: February 22, 2015, 01:28:13 AM
"That was the general idea we were discussing yes, and I think sending scout would be a good first course of action as well." Calien nodded. "We need to find good strike points that the Clones can take advantage of."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1548 on: February 22, 2015, 04:25:23 AM
"Hmm, how would we figure out which of those strike points are best?" Pema said while poking her head over the Prof's shoulder and stared at the map.

"There may be homeless people residing in the back alleys, but... I suppose there would be no other way to avoid human contact," Salem noted.

(Personal space? What's that? 8D)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1549 on: February 22, 2015, 04:36:37 AM
"Well Fxeni said the guard towers would be a good place to start but I'm wondering if there are other places to send the Clones." Calien stated "If we send them in say groups of 4 we can have them strike 5 different places.  As for the homeless people, I doubt they would actually cause us trouble.

From my experience they would either ignore us, the guards would ignore them thinking they are crazy people or they would actually try to help us somehow."