The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230243

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1325 on: February 17, 2015, 03:40:28 AM
"N-No, this can't be real... Is there really nothing we can do?!" Pema muttered to Salem.

He sighed solemnly, "I'm... afraid not. There are no other conceivable options for us..."

Pema tightened her fists and gritted her teeth. She darted her gaze forward, "You won't get away with this! We won't let you!!"

"Get ready for a reckoning... because we'll be coming for you!" Salem shouted, the gems on the staff glowing brightly.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1326 on: February 17, 2015, 03:45:19 AM
"You two had better hope you never see me again!" Riagan said threateningly!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1327 on: February 17, 2015, 04:22:30 AM
"Like I would be caught dead in wearing a tacky outift like yours!" Sakura hissed.

"I swear on my people, we shall not let you win!" Calien roared.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1328 on: February 17, 2015, 04:34:17 AM
Mask Master motions to his sister before she can respond to Sakura's retort, before she leaves however she snaps her fingers and the dolls begin to rumble as if getting ready to attack. As the two vanish through the portal it closes and cuts off any chance of pursuit.

The party has little time to think on events as the puppets begin to close in on the group.

((10 puppets total, 5 Large bruisers, the rest small and agile all close range fighters. Handle the fight how you wish.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1329 on: February 17, 2015, 04:35:59 AM
Calien enchanted his Axe with Earth Elemental Magic and started to chop away at one of the bigger ones while Sakura fired Darkness Enchanted Kunais at the smaller ones.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1330 on: February 17, 2015, 04:42:18 AM
Pema twirled her staff and raised it in the air, bright red flames spiraling around the top. She aimed it at a bruiser and fired a large fireball.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1331 on: February 17, 2015, 04:47:24 AM
Riyalie - "Why I awda..." the persian pokéspirit appeared, "...if only we were summoned earlier, I swear I'd..."

Toshi - "Now's not the time Riyalie." feeling a little tied up with the Professor on her back, rendering her useless to even perform any handsigns, then turning her attention on their escapees, "Don't think you can keep running from us, ya hear." she shouted hoping they could still hear her inside the portal, "Two friends of mine still has some unfinished business with you lot!"

(Don't know if the Professor's off her or still enjoying the ride. So I just made this one quickly.)

Fear me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1332 on: February 17, 2015, 04:58:00 AM
Riagan runs and jumps off of the table, heading right towards one of the bruisers. "COWARRDDDSS!!!" he yells out as he smashes the bruiser's head in with his hammer.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1333 on: February 17, 2015, 04:58:22 AM
((Handle the dolls as you see fit, no need for me to control them. The big ones use their hands and the smaller ones have curved swords))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1334 on: February 17, 2015, 05:38:52 AM
"I CAN'T!" Calien said chopping off an arm.

"BELIEVE!" The other arm goes off.

"I LET!" chopping one leg rendering the puppet hopping.

"THIS HAPPEN!" chopping off the last leg leaving it defenseless.

"AGAIN!" Calien roared as he chopped off the head.

He panted as another bruiser punched him in the back and caused him to stumble but kept his footing.

"OH YEAH SURE, [acid burst] ME OFF MORE WHEN I'M ALREADY AT MY LIMIT!" Calien shouted as he attacked the Bruiser that hit him.

Sakura in the mean time was keeping toe to toe with the smaller ones with her sword play.

"Why do they have to hurt people like this, why do they have to hurt the world like this!" Sakura cried as she did everything to fend them off.

(Calien really has some issues with evil weirdos kidnapping people he cares about.  Even though he really couldn't do anything the first time.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1335 on: February 17, 2015, 06:50:50 AM
Slumped in a corner, the Professor opened his eyes and saw the chaos before him.  Parts of puppets littered the floor and everyone was fighting in a flurry of confusing sound and movement.  Struggling to his feet, he started fumbling through his bag for one of his concoctions--his naptha paste would be quite effective--with every intent to join the battle and assist in any way that he could.

Only, he stopped as one of the slender puppets advanced.  Except, he didn't see a puppet.

"M-master...?"

The puppet gave an approving nod as it drew closer.

The Professor shook his head. "No... No, no, no, this is a trick!  My master, my master is dead..."

"Only my mortal shell.  Those fools.  Those fools in the Order.  They didn't know the full scope of what I was teaching you.  My guild had taught me many things; there was still so much more I wanted you to learn.  This, my apprentice, this is one of them..."

The voice spoke inside the short monk's head, as he could hear it clearly despite his impaired hearing.  It spoke of things that only he knew; things that his master knew.

The Professor backed away from the puppet.  He had found his fire paste and gripped the vial in one hand, but he didn't open it.  He and his master had experimented in the forbidden arts; in magic that was only known by the alchemist's guild.  His master was the former apprentice of the guild's leader, and the Professor had heard talks of other astral planes.  He had never seen the leader, but was told that the leader was ancient and possessing of great magic.  He was told that the leader had discovered a way to cheat death itself.

He thought back to the night his master disappeared.  He thought back to the experiment.

The puppet advanced closer, its arm hidden behind its back.  It gave another approving nod as it probed the Professor's open and pliable mind. "That's right... think back... You know the Order couldn't have destroyed me.  You know what we were doing..."

It gripped its unseen sword as it stepped closer and the Professor's guard went down.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1336 on: February 17, 2015, 06:55:57 AM
Sakura stabbed the smaller puppet causing it to cease functioning when she noticed the Professor stop in his tracks as the puppet was closing in on him.

"Foul apparition haunting my friend, shrouding the Truth, torment him no more!" Sakura shouted as some Holy enchanted Kunais were thrown squarely at the head of the slender puppet.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1337 on: February 17, 2015, 06:58:45 AM
The puppet pitched forward at the Professor's feet and he saw it for what it really was.  Quickly, he uncapped his vial and threw a glob of fire paste onto the puppet, engulfing it in a burst of flame.  Capping the vial, he tossed it to Sakura. "Here!  Use this, use this!  I'm afraid, I'm afraid I might... might not be of much use right now..."

He looked to the fallen, charred body before him. "My mind... my mind is unwell..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1338 on: February 17, 2015, 07:04:26 AM
"I will, just stay away from these things!" Sakura shouted as she tossed a glob at another small one causing it to burst into flames "Just remember your Master is no longer in the realm of the living and he would not want you to kling on what has past.  You must focus on the Future, focus on finding out who you really are, concentrate on passing on his teachings and inventions, focus on finding Aya, but most importantly concentrate on what is right!"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1339 on: February 17, 2015, 07:24:23 AM
The Professor nodded as he backed into the corner where Toshi had deposited him.  He felt feverish and weak, and his head had started to hurt.  The intrusive voice was gone, but he couldn't think straight.  He couldn't let go of what the puppet had said; he surmised that his mind had been probed.  He was being tricked and he kept falling for it.

Digging through his bag, he produced another vial of fire paste.  Opening it, he kept it ready should any of the puppets advance on him again.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1340 on: February 17, 2015, 09:08:52 AM
Toshi - "Okay enough of this!" she mumbled as she drew blood from her hand so that she can perform her... "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" once again Riyalie and Grifter were in the field.

Riyalie - "Say the word." she got her powered sawblade axe revved up and ready to do serious damage.

Toshi - "Right! Grifter."

Grifter - "Reporting for duty, ma'am!" he saluted with his wing.

Toshi - "Assist the Professor. Don't let any of those creatures near him, is that clear!"

Grifter - "Ma'am, yes ma'am!" he dashed over to help the Professor, with plasma rifle in hand.

Toshi - "Riyalie, you're with me." she reached for her pouch grabbing both segments of her spear.

Riyalie - "You got it!" as she went with Toshi, who assembles her Ronginasu no Yari. Getting ready for battle.

Picking their targets, Riyalie raced for a brute puppet who tries to smash at her, but at her speed she merely jumped up, landing on it, while running up its arm; as she sinked her sawblade into its shoulder, cutting it through to its waist, leaving it little opportunity to defend itself; as its body start splitting in half from the attack, dropping like tree to the one side as Riyalie start cutting its head off.

Toshi charging at the smaller an much faster puppets. Making contact with one of the puppets, Toshi took a swing at it as it tries to parry, although the amount of force Toshi used end up knocking the puppet back, nearly losing its balance, as it parries another blow from Toshi's spear with less force this time. Seizing an opportunity to counter, it sliced at Toshi's waist, but misses by an inch as Toshi jumps back. Then taking her time, she launched a kick to its head knocking it back, as Toshi tries to seize an opportunity to impale it from the back. But it seems her opponent was a little sturdy than it was as it spun around, evading Toshi's charge with a slash to her back.

Toshi - "Aargh... damn. How many times do I have to hit you." she cursed in agony as she parries another slash from her opponent. although her attention was too focused on one of them, another puppet tries to sneak up on her from behind. But as it tries to chop down Toshi, its head popped as a shot fired from the Professors direction obviously came from Grifter who goes back to sending more cover fire for the Professor.

Riyalie - "Nice shot there." she cheered at Grifter as she evades another large puppet taking a swing at her.

Grifter - "No problem." as he fires a few shots at a smaller puppet picking it arms and legs of with every shot.

As Toshi's opponent charges her..."Suiton: Suihachi!!" she fires jet of water from her palm, knocking the puppet way off balance as Toshi focuses her strength to her one arm as she tossed her spear at the puppet impaling it into the nearby wall. As it went limp by dropping its scimitar, Toshi pulls her spear out as the puppet collapsed to the ground, ceasing function.

(I'm going to stop there. Otherwise it would look like the three are finishing off the remaining hostiles.)

Fear me.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1341 on: February 17, 2015, 11:49:09 AM
Fxeni carefully picked his target, not wanting to hit anyone in the crossfire. He focuses on one of the brutes that is lagging behind the rest, a green rune circle appearing below him.

"O darkened storm cloud, loose thy blade and run mine enemies through! Thunder Blade!"

As the spell begins to strike, one of the smaller puppets begins its attack. As the blade of lightning strikes the brute and severs one of its arms, the small one slashes at Fxeni and lightly cuts into his left arm as he attempts to dodge it.

Guess longer spells wont do here without protection... Fxeni said as he parried the next sword strike with his spear, followed by a swift kick to the puppet. While it was destabilized, he struck it with his spear and sent wind cutting through it.

The brute he had previously attacked approached and swung its arm upwards at Fxeni while he was distracted, knocking him back onto the ground. As Fxeni got his bearings, he noticed the brute's arm rushing down to crush him. He rolls out of the way in time and twirls his spear for a moment.

"Taste fire! Goring Hell!"

As he says this, he thrusts the spear upwards into the brute's face, which is shortly followed by a small localized vortex of fire erupting from the spot where the spear connected. The brute's head ignites into flames.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1342 on: February 17, 2015, 07:51:56 PM
"Wow, Mr. Fxeni always looks so cool when he fights!" Pema remarked to Salem as she prepared her next spell.

"Is that so? You want to tell him that, yourself?" Salem replied with a sly undertone.

"Huh? Well, y-yeah, I would, but... We really have to- to focus on defeating these guys!" She flustered through her response and materialized various razor-sharp Ice Discs around her.

She pointed the staff forward, "GO!"

The deadly Ice Discs were fired off into one of the brutes, swiftly cutting and amputating his limbs. When just the body remained, Pema summoned a fireball and slammed it down on him, creating a brilliant inferno.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1343 on: February 17, 2015, 08:00:19 PM
(Should I just end it here or does anyone have anything else to add?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1344 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:24 PM
Leaning heavily against the wall, the Professor fought against the fever pains that robbed him of his concentration.  He had stowed his vial of naptha, and he tried to remain on his guard, but the harder he focused, the more his head hurt.  He felt dizzy and his thoughts refused to come together.

Panting heavily, he slumped to the floor again.  The voices had subsided, but he couldn't shake the feeling that his mind had been invaded.  He felt ill and his eyes felt heavy.  His awareness began to drift in and out, and he fought to stay awake.

Could this be from that Chaos rift?  He didn't have time to consider an answer as his head fell forward and his consciousness left him.

((Feel free to end it.  Prof not doing too hot after his Chaos mind [twin slasher].))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1345 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:43 PM
(What do you mean "end it"? There's only one enemy left?)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1346 on: February 17, 2015, 08:06:01 PM
((I counted nine defeated, so yeah, there's only one left.  And feel free to drag the Prof around.  I'm going to go lay down as I'm not feeling too well.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1347 on: February 17, 2015, 08:06:57 PM
(I mean like wipe out the rest, there's only like One Brute left and Calien was facing it.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1348 on: February 17, 2015, 08:09:50 PM
((I counted nine defeated, so yeah, there's only one left.  And feel free to drag the Prof around.  I'm going to go lay down as I'm not feeling too well.))

(Okay, I hope you feel better soon.)

(I mean like wipe out the rest, there's only like One Brute left and Calien was facing it.)

(Sounds good to me.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1349 on: February 17, 2015, 08:13:57 PM
(Okay.)

Calien chopped off the head of the last Brute that struck him with a Flame enchanted Axe which started to burn to smithereens while he panted heavily.

"Seems these things really don't like fire, good to know when we fight these abominations again." Sakura noted before looking at the unconscious Prof "I know this entire ordeal was probably the hardest on you but thank you for everything you did given your personal predicament."

"God dammit....." Calien muttered as he punched a wall "They were playing us all like violins.....and we fell for it hook, line and sinker......god dammit."