The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230014

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1250 on: February 16, 2015, 11:26:15 AM
Assisting the Prof. on his feet Toshi, does whatever she can to divert any retaliation attacks against him.

Toshi - "Are you okay?" she asked as some possesed dwarves closed in for the attack "We need to do something about that rift." Evading a possessed dwarf's attempt to hack at her, as she drew out the staff of her Ronginasu no Yari, parrying away the next attack with it, "Where ever Aya is, we need her here to close that rift. We can't keep fighting our possessed allies."

As a group of hostile dwarves charged at her, she quickly forms the handsigns; Ram → Horse → Bird...

Toshi - "Mizu no Tatsumaki!" creating a tornado of water around her, the hostiles charged head on, only to be knocked out by the vortex protecting Toshi.

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1251 on: February 16, 2015, 11:39:23 AM
"The rift, the rift, yes, yes, yes, the rift..."

Fumbling around in his bag, the Professor produced a book and flipped through its pages.  He recalled a passage concerning portals of a similar nature, and he and his master had dabbled in the forbidden arts in secret—before the Order found out.

As he flipped through the book, sparks flying from his hands covered in excess powder, he glanced up at the portal.  For a moment, he was back to when his master was destroyed.

"M-master...?"

Squinting, he swore he saw a figure in that portal.  A figure that looked like his master.

((Is the Prof actually seeing his master, or is he just going crazy?  YOU MAKE THE CALL))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1252 on: February 16, 2015, 11:41:27 AM
Fxeni clapped, a grin on his face. He looked around the room, noticing that most of the party was still away. With a shrug, he shifted in his seat, and grabbed some dessert.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1253 on: February 16, 2015, 11:54:00 AM
Toshi - "What's wrong, Prof.?" she notice him staring deep into the rift, then at that moment Toshi realized something was amiss about his stare at the rift.

Toshi - "Oh no don't tell me that rift can possess..." her thoughts relating to the poison emitted from the previous rift, "Professor please snap out of it!" she tries to divert his attention away from the rift.

(My guess on the matter, might be that the Professor's about to be tangled in with our possessed comrades. Not sure what to do in this situation, though.)

Fear me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1254 on: February 16, 2015, 11:57:34 AM
As the Professor was gazing at the portal, Riagan noticed that one of the possessed dwarves was about to throw one of his small pick axes at his head. "LOOK OUT!" he yelled out as he dove in the way of the axe, which caught him in the shoulder. As the possessed dwarf ran to attack him, Riagan pulled out the pick axe and stabbed the dwarf right through the foot.

"Are you alright?" he asked the Professor.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1255 on: February 16, 2015, 12:06:26 PM
The Professor stared blankly for a moment before blinking a few times and shaking his head. "Yes, yes, yes, I just... What, what happened?"

He looked around, finding himself sitting on the ground with his book tossed beside him.  Blinking up at Riagan, it was obvious that he had no memory of what transpired.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1256 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:38 PM
"Be careful!" Riagan told the Professor. "It is dangerous up here. Stay where it is safe!"

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1257 on: February 16, 2015, 12:44:57 PM
Toshi - "Thank goodness you're back." she seemed relieved, yet she's still a bit caught up in her battles. "Professor, you need to get out of here." she told him, before flicking another hostile dwarf's pick axe aside, yet he still dove at her, knocking her down, but not before she shrugged him off by tossing him over, with her leg. "It's not safe for you to be here." she added before getting up to her feet.

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1258 on: February 16, 2015, 01:45:12 PM
The Professor nodded and got to his feet, gathering his things.  He turned and ducked away from the battle, but stopped.

"Master?"

Turning, his gaze went to the portal, except that he didn't see the portal.  He didn't see the surrounding possessed Dwarves or the battle, or his allies.  He didn't see the watchtower at all.

His master stood amidst a throng of hooded, shadowed figures.  The figures climbed over each other and grabbed his master, pulling the man down and clubbing him.

"NO!"

Turning on his heel, the short monk lunged at Toshi.  He rubbed more Lightning Powder between his palms and prepared to fire a charge.

"Leave my master alone!"

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1259 on: February 16, 2015, 01:56:41 PM
Seemingly catching her off guard, the Professor's tackle knocks her clear on her upper back.

Toshi - "Ughf... what the...!?" she hits the ground with a painful thud to her chest, also causing her to drop her staff. "Professor! What are you doing!?" she tries to shrug him off, barely noticing him about to use his Lightning Powder on her.

(I'll pass it on to either PB or Sakura. Don't want to make Toshi do anything drastic that might break the situation she's in already.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1260 on: February 16, 2015, 02:55:54 PM
"Professor stop, you're not in the Order!" Sakura shouted as she pulled out something that looked like a magnifying glass with a red and blue lense and purple handle and put it to the Prof's eye so he can see what's really going on "The Chaos is trying to mislead you away from the Truth!  You are not in the Order, you are among the Dwarves!"

[spoiler]Obviously she pulled out the Lenses of Truth which allows one to see through illusions.[/spoiler]

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1261 on: February 16, 2015, 02:56:25 PM
As the eating contest finally came to a delicious conclusion the solider sent by Riagan burst into the hall. "M'lord!" he exclaimed bowing his head trying to catch his breath. "What is it?!" The King's expression turned serious upon noticing the blood on his subject's shoulder and he leaned forward to get a better listen.

"M'Lord, the watch tower is under attack; a portal opened above then several of guards went into a frenzy! Your son took several of the guests above to join the battle."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the Dwarven Vault....

Two guards dropped dead their throats slit by Shadow Master's stars, he glanced down smiling at his "work" and turned around as Mask Master entered the room.

"Very good, if everything has gone according to plan my sister will be acquiring the guardian and her new "dolls" should be keeping the others busy." Adjusting his mask he begins to walk the halls toward the back where the most precious items were likely kept. "Shadow Master, guard the entrance and make sure no one lives to raise the alarm; consider this your chance to prove your use to your master and myself."

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1262 on: February 16, 2015, 03:07:27 PM
(I'm going to wait on Quickie's response before allowing Toshi to recover just yet.)

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1263 on: February 16, 2015, 03:18:57 PM
The Professor had released the charge, which threw him backwards where he was grabbed by Sakura.  He struggled in her grip and yelled for his master. 

"Don't hurt him!  Don't hurt him!  I won't, I won't let you!  Leave my master alone!"

All he saw were those cloaked shadow figures piling on top of his master as another grabbed him and held him down, putting something to his face.  In an instant, he was back on the battlefield.

He blinked a few times and looked to Sakura in confusion.  One minute, he was trying to fight possessed Dwarves, the next he was thrown on the ground near Riagan, and now he was being held down by Sakura.  Every time he blinked, something different happened and he had no idea what it was.

Panting, he struggled to form some type of coherent memory, but couldn't. "What... what happened?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2015, 03:24:23 PM
"The Chaos is playing mind tricks with you." Sakura explained "The artifact that I hold allows one to gain the powers of our eyes and allow you to see the Truth.  Apparently the chaos was making you see the Master and the Order......"

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1265 on: February 16, 2015, 03:27:05 PM
The bolt of lightning suddenly flew way off it's mark, as it harmlessly passes by.

Toshi - "Nice save there... Sakura." still panting from the fall, before retrieving her staff. "I think you were being possessed, Professor." she repied in response to the Professor coming to. "I'm pretty sure that rift has something to do with it."

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2015, 03:32:17 PM
"I, I don't remember, I don't remember anything..."  The Professor shook his head and rubbed it with one hand.  A few sparks flew from the excess powder on his palm, and he dusted it off with additional bursts of light. 

He pulled himself to his feet and looked around.  His gaze went to the portal momentarily before he forced it away and talked to a voice that only he could hear. "No... no, you're n-not my master... my master is, my master is dead..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1267 on: February 16, 2015, 03:41:04 PM
Sakura could make out a few words that the Prof spoke particularly the word dead.

"So the Order did indeed kill him." Sakura muttered.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1268 on: February 16, 2015, 03:49:23 PM
Meanwhile in the Dwarven Vault....

Two guards dropped dead their throats slit by Shadow Master's stars, he glanced down smiling at his "work" and turned around as Mask Master entered the room.

"Very good, if everything has gone according to plan my sister will be acquiring the guardian and her new "dolls" should be keeping the others busy." Adjusting his mask he begins to walk the halls toward the back where the most precious items were likely kept. "Shadow Master, guard the entrance and make sure no one lives to raise the alarm; consider this your chance to prove your use to your master and myself."
Shadow Master bowed as he watched Mask Master walked further in. Making his way towards the vault entrance, Shadow Master cursed under his breath.

Deeper into the forests on the outskirts of Iron Gate, Shadow Master was visibly limping... And visibly deranged. He was still livid about his loss to Aya. And now, he has to face the wrath of his master for failing again. Why wasn't anything working in his favour!?

As he screamed at the sky, his sight was suddenly clouded by what looked like a portal...

Before he knew it, he was whisked in front of Mask Master and Doll Master, and was given a choice... More like forced a choice. To work for the Mask and Doll, and perhaps, be granted a pardon.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1269 on: February 16, 2015, 04:05:32 PM
Yin came in soon after and ran straight to Calien giving the same news.

"So Sakura is with them eh?" Calien said as he grabbed his Axe "Yin I want you to take Bianca and get out of here."

Yin nodded and put the Chicken on her back before uttering some cries.

"Yes....I agree something is not right....but I don't know what." Calien nodded.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1270 on: February 16, 2015, 05:24:29 PM
Sakura could make out a few words that the Prof spoke particularly the word dead.

"So the Order did indeed kill him." Sakura muttered.

After struggling with that unheard voice, the Professor rounded on something only he could see, screaming at it—which happened to be located where Sakura was standing. "You are not my master!"

Realizing that he had just yelled at Sakura, he stepped back, flustered. "I, I, I'm s-sorry... I-I thought... I heard...  There, there, there was a... someone was standing there..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1271 on: February 16, 2015, 05:33:44 PM
"It's fine." Sakura shook her head "I think we all need to get out of here.  The Chaos is obviously the root of all this and we can't do anything until everyone else is here.  Riagan I'm sorry but we must fall back and retreat for now, that includes you."

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1272 on: February 16, 2015, 05:53:04 PM
Toshi - "I'm with Sakura. We need to find Aya, and the others..." she looks back feeling bad leaving their remaining allies to fend for themselves, "... and fast. The situation's getting worse than it is already."

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1273 on: February 16, 2015, 06:18:29 PM
"We can't do anything for the possessed Dwarves here."  Sakura continued "The only thing we can do is get everyone not possessed out of here and barricade the door until we have the means to purify the breach."

"Though something is not right." Sakura thought "The movement of the Professor was actually normal compared to the puppet like movements of these Dwarves, something is very much amiss."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1274 on: February 16, 2015, 06:39:23 PM
Hustling away from the battlefeild, the Professor flipped through his book.  He still had no memory of what happened, but he remembered hearing a voice.  It didn't take him long to make the connection and surmise that he may have been possessed by whatever chaos energy was flowing from the portal.

As he hobbled and thumbed through his book, he heard that voice again.  He slid to a dead stop and looked up.  Standing before him was his master, and they were once again within the confines of the monastery.

The short cleric shut his eyes and shook his head. "No!  No, no, no!  You are not my master!  This, this, this isn't real!  Get out of my head!  Get out of my head!  Get out of my head!"

Dropping to his knees with his book in front of him, he opened his eyes and saw the worn leather cover against the hardscrabble ground of the Dwarven territory.  He shoved the book into his bag, but didn't rise from the dirt.