The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230192

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1225 on: February 16, 2015, 04:11:17 AM
"Sir!" The soldier salutes with his good arm and quickly makes for the mead hall.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1226 on: February 16, 2015, 04:13:25 AM
(Wait so we aren't going to see the end of the eating contest?)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1227 on: February 16, 2015, 04:17:13 AM
((Phi can still post it, guard will show up after it finishes))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1228 on: February 16, 2015, 04:17:23 AM
(If you guys don't want to wait long, I suppose I can rush ahead and compress it down to one post.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1229 on: February 16, 2015, 04:18:02 AM
(Okay fine by me, guess we'll have the Oh Crap part when the King show up.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1230 on: February 16, 2015, 04:19:21 AM
"What choice do I have?" Riagan responded to Sakura as he headed towards the watch tower. "Now go. Find your friends and warn them. I must go!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1231 on: February 16, 2015, 04:21:39 AM
"There's always a choice, Yin go get Daddy!" Sakura ordered as the Absol went to find Calien "I'm not going to let you fight those things alone!  I don't care how strong you are, I'm not about to let this end up like Iron Gate again, so let me help you dammit!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1232 on: February 16, 2015, 04:26:44 AM
((I'll hold off posting till Pema finishes))

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1233 on: February 16, 2015, 04:33:39 AM
"Very well! HURRY!!" Riagan reluctantly said as he ran towards the watch tower!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1234 on: February 16, 2015, 04:38:22 AM
"<How many times do I have to convince people not to do suicidal things all by themselves on this journey?!>" Sakura muttered as she followed Riagan.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1235 on: February 16, 2015, 04:49:17 AM
It takes Riagan and Sakura a good fifteen minutes while running to reach the outer walls of the city, from there five minutes to climb the spiral steps. Before they reach the summit the two begin to hear the clashing of steel and the cries of battle. Sakura notices a sight she remembers well--a chaos breach.

The two make haste and reach the watch tower, the sight is not what Sakura expected; not corrupted animals but other dwarves standing as if hung on strings like a puppet. These possessed dwarves attack the few remaining sane ones, the rest litter the tower now dead. "Sire! our brothers have gone mad, take care!" One of the soldiers yell before he is cut down his back split by an axe.

((Roughly 15 possessed dwarves and 5 sane ones as allies, please control the enemies as you see fit.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1236 on: February 16, 2015, 04:52:04 AM
"My god, your brothers!" Sakura gasped as she noticed the chaos breach "We need to hold them off until the others arrive!  I hope we don't have to hurt them too much, there has to be something we can do!"

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1237 on: February 16, 2015, 05:03:52 AM
"WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?" Riagan yelled out as he knocked back some of the possessed dwarves with his sledgehammer.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1238 on: February 16, 2015, 05:06:04 AM
"It's that breach!" Sakura shouted as she threw some kunai at one dwarf and blocked an axe from another with her sword "It's driving them mad, I've seen it do the same thing with some wolves in the forest!  But something's not right, the movement of these dwarves are not natural....."

(EDIT: You know what really sucks, I can't find a good remix of Dancing Calcobrena from Final Fantasy 4!)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1239 on: February 16, 2015, 06:09:12 AM
As a possessed dwarf tried to attack Riagan from the rear, Riagan thrusts his sledgehammer's wooden handle into the dwarf's helmet, knocking him out. "You are right. They do not fight like our soldiers are trained to fight. They seem to be puppets"

He then looked at the remaining dwarves still barely fighting the possessed ones of. "My brothers, you are injured and outnumbered. Retreat behind the two of us for now. We will hold them at bay for as long as possible. Now MOVE!"

"SIR!" the other dwarves yelled out as they fought their way behind Sakura and Riagan

(I'm gonna wait until the others show up before I post anymore)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1240 on: February 16, 2015, 06:12:59 AM
(Well Toshi and the Prof should be with us already.  Also as a Magic Knight can I enchant my sword with a Sleep Spell like in Final Fantasy or is that out of the question?)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1241 on: February 16, 2015, 06:14:18 AM
Aya follows along behind the soldier, who has become oddly quiet. After about five minutes of walking they come across a large stone door marked with a crest that Aya can only assume is of the royal family's house. "This is it? The war room?" Aya glances around the door certainly looks important.

"Y-Yes--this is the war r-room." The Dwarf responds, swaying in place oddly.

"Um--are you alright? You don't sound well." Aya respond glancing forward at her dwarf guide.

"I-I am fine! Please enter, the -k-king is w-w-waiting." With a great heave the stout dwarf pushes open the large stone doors revealing a large room beyond with a great round table and throne high above at the top of the stairs.

"Wow--" Aya says out loud before being startled by sound of a closing door. The Dward guard's actions become more "odd" as he sways back and forth before finally going limp held up like a puppet would through it's strings. "W-what's wrong!" Aya dashes forward but stops as a giggle fills the room.

"Hehehe---I'm sorry the king is busy at the moment!" the voice's source is behind Aya who whips around to face the throne and sees a blonde haired woman in a rather revealing skirt wearing a creepy ivory mask. Her ears are pointed much like Sakura's.

"W-who are you?" Aya frowns preparing to generate her blade as if some feeling of dread was warning her of danger.

"Aww you don't remember me?" Her voice has a fake sound of insult to it. "How disappointing! We go waaaay back too my little dolly! But to answer your question some call me Doll Master!" Her giggling voice sends shivers up Aya's spine.

"I'm not a "dolly", why have you brought me here?" Aya frowns growing weary of the woman's  condescending tone. Aya moves back a few steps keeping her eyes on the woman.

"Well--I've come to reclaim what belongs to my brother an I! You see a long time ago you stole three import little keys, You have one, while the other two were hidden away in old ruins---yes I need that back now." She sways back and forth as if bored.

"Key? Shadow Master mentioned me being a key--I don't have anything!" Aya snaps back growing visibly angry at the very sight of this women, although she can't quite work out why.

"The Key is inside you silly doll." She says kicking her feat out casually before putting her hand up to her mouth as if telling a secret "I'll let you in on a little spoiler too! These ugly little dwarves have been plundering the ruins below their city for centuries, and another one of the keys are being held in their big vault! Isn't that convenient!" She giggles flicking her fingers as ten or so puppet like creatures step from the shadows surrounding Aya.

"Oh-no..." Aya glances back and forth in a slight panic before summoning her blade.

"I imagine by now my brother has opened a nice breach and the chaos will certainly keep your friends busy! He can be so serious sometimes, I bet he's already away with the key; if I don't hurry he'll scald me for being late!" Doll Master motions with her right hand and the dolls all suddenly jump at Aya who takes a defensive stance. "Remember don't leave any lasting marks, we still need the key!" She giggles as Aya is quickly overwhelmed by the numbers.

((And I'm cutting out there. So the breaches origin confirmed? Dun Duuun Duuuuun 8D))

(Also use what ever you have in your concept, magic is magic in this world))

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1242 on: February 16, 2015, 06:16:13 AM
(Well Toshi and the Prof should be with us already.  Also as a Magic Knight can I enchant my sword with a Sleep Spell like in Final Fantasy or is that out of the question?)

(I meant the others as in the rest of the party down in the hall. I assumed they'd join us in the fight)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1243 on: February 16, 2015, 06:19:00 AM
(I meant the others as in the rest of the party down in the hall. I assumed they'd join us in the fight)
(Yeah they will, until then Sleepy Sleepy, I guess.)

"Yeah the other ones were attacking like beasts, but for now let's try something different."  Sakura said as she enchanted her weapons with a Sleep Spell "Nighty Night Mr. Dwarf!"

Sakura then started to attack the Dwarves and some of the drifted to sleep.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1244 on: February 16, 2015, 08:22:58 AM
Zilpher was up to nine plates, while Pema was on her tenth.

"I can't believe she's still going at it! Her stomach must be some kind of portal or something," A slender Dwarf remarked, "You reckon she might win against him?"

"Ha! Against Zilpher the Insatiable? I seriously doubt it," An old Dwarf stated and walked up to Zilpher, "Hey, how're you feeling, son? You can win this-"

Zilpher turned his head slowly and looked directly into his eyes. He didn't shake his head nor did he speak. Zilpher simply communicated with him through sad, discontent eyes, and his mouth drooping into a frown; he appeared to be defeated.

"No..." The old Dwarf exclaimed, his eyes widened in disbelief.

Pema began to reach for a chicken thigh when she suddenly stopped and covered her mouth, feeling herself about to gag.

"Pema, are you alright?" Salem hovered closer to her.

She tightened her fists, "I... I don't know how much more I can take..."

Both opponents seemed to be hanging by a thread, staggering to finish the rest of their meal.

Pema peered around at everyone. All the Dwarves, Calien and Fxeni. She shook her head, "No... I'm not finished yet... I can't- I will NOT lose!" She closed her eyes and ignored all the noise and distractions around her. She imagined the humidity of the room was because the walls were made of hot, melting cheese and the chairs were chocolate.

"So... cheesy... sweet, chocolately goodness... I'm in heaven..." She whispered, a smile slowly stretching across her face.

"Wait, what?" Salem said dumfounded.

Pema opened her eyes, a renewed spark ignited within her. She climbed on top of the table, "My name is Pema and I won't give up... I'll never give up! Food helps to keep me going, it's super tasty, there's an endless variety and, and umm... it's real tasty!! My passion will make me stronger!"

She sat back down, "Remember your passion, Zilpher, and never let it go! Full steam ahead!" She mouth-wrestled with beef steak, her rampant tenacity and resolve partially shrouding the creeping pain in her gut.

Zilpher stared at her, his arms hanging at his side, "Pema..." With a trembling hand and his vision going a bit blurry, he continued to eat, albeit at a considerably slower rate than before. He groaned weakly as he reached for the bread roll.

Pema felt a tad dizzy herself, but she made a desperate attempt to soldier on through it.

Zilpher nearly reached the bread roll, however, he succumbed to the pain. Groaning again, he stood up from the chair with his back hunched over, his legs wobbling and then crumpling to the floor. His body hit the ground with a loud thud.

Everyone stared at him, speechless. The room went stagnent, with more than a few gasps to be had from some of them.

Soon after, a Dwarf broke the silence, "Z-Zilpher the Insatiable has been... defeated?!"

"That's... No way..." Another spoke, practically a whisper.

"Pema... Pema..." One of them chanted her name in a low voice, and eventually, more and more began to chant her name.

Calien ran over to her, "PEMA DID IT!" He shouted, grabbing her arm and raising it in the air victoriously.

The crowd erupted with enormous cheers and applauded her astonishing display of will. Frightening, hungry will.

Zilpher slowly shuffled himself onto his feet and walked towards the champion.

For a moment, the two simply stared at one another, until Pema bowed, "Mr. Zilpher, sir... Thank you for competing with me," She raised her head, looking at him with a smile that lit up the room, "I had sooooo much fun! Let's do it again, sometime, okay?"

He briefly closed his eyes and stroked his beard, "You... are quite the surprise, young one. I never would have suspected such a fierce, heated battle from a mere child... But alas, you have proven yourself as a fine culinary warrior. Strong heart, stronger stomach."

Pema nodded happily, "Thanks! It was an honor to face you, sir. I'm real glad I got to meet you!"

"Likewise," He smiled. He thought for a moment and then sat down next to her, "I wasn't always known as Zilpher the Insatiable, you see. My passion for food wasn't realized until my young adult years. From then, I spent precious time learning about cuisines from all over, understanding and respecting the art of fine dining and the joys of exploring the vast ocean of delicacies. One day, I began to eat, until all I could think about was eating. Small portions became large portions, and so forth."

He leaned back in the chair, "I discovered my passion, and crafted my will to explore what I truly love. Henceforth, I became a warrior of the plate; Zilpher the Insatiable! 7 long days in the kitchen, 7 longer nights in the restroom."

"Oh... Oh dear God..." Salem grimaced at the imagery.

Zilpher walked over to Pema, "Young one, you have a wonderful passion. Worthy to be a warrior of the plate!" He carefully picked her up and perched her atop his shoulder, "Pema, I hereby bestow upon you an honor with an open mind and a full stomach! It is my great pleasure to congratulate our champion and pass on the torch to Pema..."

Zilpher raised his fist into the air heroically, "Pema the Insatiable!"

His fellow Dwarves cheered and applauded, their voices booming loudly.

Pema scratched her head, "Umm, I don't know what In-say-dee-able means, but... I like it!"

"HAHAHAHA!" Zilpher bellowed in laughter, as did his brethren.

"She's so... darn... cute..." One Dwarf sniffled, wiping a tear from his eye.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1245 on: February 16, 2015, 08:36:16 AM
(Darn it Phi, that imagery... Still... Darn cute Peam...)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1246 on: February 16, 2015, 08:51:22 AM
((Gah, I fell asleep for a nap and just now woke up.  So, Prof's been zombied around.  Quick recap; what's going on at the watchtower?))

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1247 on: February 16, 2015, 09:00:07 AM
(There's a Chaos Rift there, Sakura and Riagan are currently fighting off 15 Dwarves that have fallen under the control of Doll Master. Although some of them might be asleep now due to Sakura's spell. There's also 5 Dwarves that are not possessed.)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1248 on: February 16, 2015, 09:06:17 AM
Staring blankly at the chaos before him, the Professor hung back and started digging through his bag.  He didn't want to hurt the other Dwarves and further sully his reputation, but he needed to stun them.

Finding his Lightning Powder,  he rubbed it between his palms and maintained the charge as he advanced on the possessed Dwarves.  Getting just close enough, he fired off the charge, which knocked him backwards.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1249 on: February 16, 2015, 10:03:46 AM
Calien was smiling and clapping at the newly christen Pema the Insatiable though as a man who somewhat practices medicine he had a job to do, especially since the Prof entrusted some of his remedies.

"Well done Pema, I never doubted you for a moment." Calien smiled "Though....how are you feeling right now?"

(You know Pema would have no problem doing that Rainy Day Meat Bowl Challenge at Aiya's in Persona 4.  She can conquer the Meat Dimension.)