The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229624

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1175 on: February 15, 2015, 12:28:28 AM
((Yep when your bit is done and everyone will be involved in this event for sure. We are coming up to the bit in every RPG near the start where everything goes wrong!  8D  ))

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1176 on: February 15, 2015, 01:49:26 AM
(Right as soon as Riagan talks again I'll have Sakura and her party arrive and make her act excited about the city and guard rails.   Because only Sakura would get excited about guard rails since she's never seen one before.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1177 on: February 15, 2015, 04:39:52 AM
((I'm ready.  I'm babysitting, but the kids are getting ready for bed.))

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1178 on: February 15, 2015, 04:48:12 AM
((I want to get the party back together before I continue with the next event though, so if people could wrap up their stuff and somehow find Aya that would help speed things up. Also waiting for PB to post))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1179 on: February 15, 2015, 04:50:31 AM
The Professor continued through the halls, finding a random staircase and climbing it toward what he assumed would be a balcony.  He didn't want to run into any random Dwarves, but he didn't want to be caught unawares in the dining hall where he couldn't hear.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1180 on: February 15, 2015, 04:53:12 AM
(Yeah that's why I'm waiting for PB to respond to the last thing Aya said before I move things along.  I'm also wondering if Sakura can randomly find some special rocks so Calien can make more Not-Krell stones.  Don't need to go to a specific area for that, you'll see.)

The Professor continued through the halls, finding a random staircase and climbing it toward what he assumed would be a balcony.  He didn't want to run into any random Dwarves, but he didn't want to be caught unawares in the dining hall where he couldn't hear.
"Prof be careful." Sakura said as she caught up to him "I don't want you to trip....or well you know."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1181 on: February 15, 2015, 04:55:18 AM
(Might be a good thing to do while we wait.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1182 on: February 15, 2015, 04:59:07 AM
((I'm just trying to regroup by going random places.))

Steps were trickier for the Professor to navigate with his lame leg, and he stumbled a few times during his climb.  Eventually, he made it to the top and climbed out onto the balcony.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1183 on: February 15, 2015, 05:03:22 AM
(Maybe we can place them slightly father away but can still be on a similar path. Might as well go rock hunting after the next post and accidentally run into Riagan.)

Sakura arrived at the balcony as well as she took in the sight.

"Wow.....the Dwarven city looks amazing!" Sakura said in awe as she changed her sight to the guard rail "Oh and this rail must have been placed here to prevent others from falling.  Ingenious!"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1184 on: February 15, 2015, 05:28:25 AM
The Professor looked over the railing for a moment as he took in the whole of the Dwarven city.  After a while, he backed away and went toward the wall, his shoulders hunched and his hood up. 

"I've, I've read about these cities, read about them, in my, in my studies.  Great underground furnaces; the Dwarves, the Dwarves are smithies, yes?  Fine w-weaponsmiths.  Their craftsmanship, you can, you can see it everywhere...  The gilded stone, the mail, the great hall..."

He returned to the railing again and looked over its edge at the city below.

"In the Order, we knew of the Dwarves... former trade partners, former allies.  I, I, I thought... I thought we were still allies.  I never knew...  But, but, but they don't understand.  They don't understand.  They don't know the Order like I do..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1185 on: February 15, 2015, 05:35:41 AM
"Seems the Order kept you in the dark about a lot of things, though from the reaction they had with Toshi when she brought up the alliance with Elves and Dwarves they might have broken off quite a few ties for one reason or another." Sakura sighed when she looked down...but then notice she felt a tingling cold sensation.

She then concentrated on what looked like an ordinary rock for some reason.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1186 on: February 15, 2015, 05:55:54 AM
The short monk gave a slow nod.  He folded his arms and rested them against the railing; which reached to almost his neck.  He leaned his chin on his arms and watched the city below.

"I... I don't understand it anymore... I don't understand it anymore... everything that I thought, that I thought I knew..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1187 on: February 15, 2015, 06:11:18 AM
"Hmm sometimes the Truth is hard to swallow Prof." Sakura said as she picked up the rock "It can be painful and you may want to look away as much as you want but the Truth will always be there whether you want it there or not.  Other times the Truth may be shrouded by one force or another, or even by one's own will if it suits their needs."

Sakura's eyes turned Red as she examined the Stone carefully to figure out why she was reacting to it.

"Many of those not enlightened by the Truth only See what they want to See and thus Believe what they want to Believe because at times the Truth is very painful and causes them much suffering." Sakura continued  "However painful it may be, only by assessing all possibilities and pursing the Truth may those find the true path through many trials. 

That is the way of my Father's people, we who pursue the Truth in all things in order to help those who need it most.  We who have the power to find the Truth must help those who do not in order to give them the tools necessary to fight those who wish to harm others.  This is our purpose."

(And thus I went Persona 4 on everyone's asses.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1188 on: February 15, 2015, 06:40:17 AM
"But, but, but what is the truth?" The Professor looked up at Sakura, his face half-hidden by his hood.

He returned his gaze to the city below. "All that I ever knew... it's all gone.  It's all gone.  Things changed so fast... so fast."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1189 on: February 15, 2015, 06:46:29 AM
"That my friend, can only be determined by looking at all perspectives and facts in order to find the Truth.  No one said it would be easy and in fact is very difficult." Sakura stated "You only know one side of things because you lived in the Order and were sheltered by them, that is not enough to find the Truth.  Often one can't find the Truth just by staying in one place, you often have to go to others and put together the pieces to assess the Truth.  Even then the Truth comes in ways that may not be expected because true appearances are not easily determined.

Take this stone for example and tell me what you see."

Sakura held the object that looks like an ordinary rock to the Professor so he may have a better look.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1190 on: February 15, 2015, 06:59:36 AM
Finally pulling himself away from the railing, he took the rock and turned it over in his hands for a close look.  Gripping it, he held it to his chest and closed his eyes so that he could concentrate.  After a long moment, he handed it back to Sakura.  "It looks like just a rock, but, but, but it... it feels different.  Not, not just, not just its surface, not just its surface.  It, it has a warmth."

As he had experimented with various types of crystals and stones, he had learned to sense when one might hold energy, and he detected it as an internal warmth.  However, many different type of stones had different energies, and this was but one of a myriad of stones that he has encountered, so he wasn't quite sure the point.

"Why?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1191 on: February 15, 2015, 07:06:34 AM
"Because this is not an ordinary rock my friend." Sakura nodded as she rummaged through her pockets and showed him the stone that she and her father had that can be used to communicate from long distances "This material is very special to our people and this, when refined properly, can make these.  However even in it's unrefined state they hold mysterious powers, different but similar to the refined stone, that many ordinary people are not aware of not only because of it's ordinary appearance but they also don't have our powers."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1192 on: February 15, 2015, 07:25:39 AM
The Professor nodded slowly.  Despite he himself possessing no magic of any note, he did study and learn how to replicate many different magical abilities; though he learned through his master, who didn't use magic. 

Though, as Sakura talked about her people, he began to wonder about his own.  He was taken in by the Order, specifically by his master.  He was found in the forest and taken back to the monastery, where he grew and trained.  The only life he knew was that among the humans of the Order; he knew absolutely nothing about his own kind.

He didn't even know what he was.

Returning his gaze to the city below, he slipped his hand under his hood and scratched at his ears.  His ears were pointed like elves, but his nose was different.  He was almost entirely hairless, and he was shorter than the Dwarves.  In his studies, he had only read about other races such as Elves and Dwarves, and some occasional passage regarding the Fae Folk, but his focus was on the Precursors, as his master studied their magic.

His master never told him what he actually was.  The Order never told him.  They tried to keep him hidden from the town because he wasn't human, but they never told him what he was.  He wasn't Elven or Dwarven, and he definitely wasn't a Precursor.  He never trained in magic, so he wasn't sure if he even had any such abilities.  He was never named; only given a title.

Finally, he removed his hood and looked to Sakura. "What am I?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1193 on: February 15, 2015, 07:29:06 AM
Sakura's eyes widened but then soften and she looked down.

"I am terribly sorry my friend but I don't know myself, my father hasn't seen nor heard of anything like you." Sakura stated.  "All I know at the moment is that you are you."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1194 on: February 15, 2015, 08:22:09 AM
The Professor held Sakura's gaze for a long moment before looking back to the city below.  He gave off a sigh, pulled up his hood, and stepped away from the railing and limped along its edge.  He wasn't sure where he was going, but at this moment, he didn't care.

His gaze kept going to the streets below as he wondered how he could have gone for so long with no identity.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1195 on: February 15, 2015, 08:28:31 AM
Sakura followed the Professor as she realized how conflicted he was.  Not knowing what one was is certainly troubling to most, and the Professor was no exception.  She felt bad that she didn't have the answer at the moment but hoped someday they would find the answers he seeked.

She kept an eye on him while picking up seemingly random ordinary looking stones which were actually the stone she was describing to the Professor to give to her father.

(Well we should be ready to run into Riagan and Aya now.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1196 on: February 15, 2015, 09:35:53 AM
(I'll just have Toshi quietly follow along Sakura and the Prof. path at the moment, while I wait on the next event.)

Fear me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1197 on: February 15, 2015, 11:14:25 AM
"Well my friends and I mean no harm, we were just trying to get to Skull Cove as we told your father, still sorry our meeting had to come in the form of an avalanche." Aya leans on the railing, glancing over the city and the people like little ants going too and fro.

"I am sorry as well." Riagan responded. "I overreacted to a situation that was not your doing. I realize that I was at fault and for that I apologize. I must also make amends to the one I struck earlier. He did not deserve that. My temper got the better of me."

Riagan then joined Aya on the railing, leaning over and looking down at everyone. "The truth is that I really know nothing of the world outside of these halls. Most of my brethren do not. It is hard to protect our mines from that which we do not understand."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1198 on: February 15, 2015, 02:45:43 PM
"The world outside is beautiful--but there seems to be a lot of distrust between the different races outside, this place isn't alone in that. Someday I hope everyone can get along." Aya smiles thoughtfully. "So-whats the city down below like--"

Suddenly a guard runs up to Riagan. "My apologies young lord, I bring word from your father. He wishes to speak with Aya in the war room as soon as possible."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1199 on: February 15, 2015, 06:23:21 PM
(But he's still too busy watching the eating contest that's not done yet.....unless something else is going on since they asked for just Aya.)