Blue Valkyrie · 230002

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1150 on: February 14, 2015, 03:34:48 AM
It took a moment, but the Professor finally figured out what Toshi had said. "Oh!  Oh, oh, oh, yes, yes, I do, I do."

He dug around in his bag and produced a couple smaller bags.  One of the bags contained small cubes of chalk and the other small sticks of compressed clay.

"The taste, the taste, I'm afraid, can be rather... bland.  But, but, but, they are, they are effective, yes?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1151 on: February 14, 2015, 03:38:04 AM
Sakura looked at the indigestion remedies in curiosity.

"So would she have to take both or would she have to pick one?"  Sakura asked trying to talk as loud as she could over the crowd so the Prof could hear her.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1152 on: February 14, 2015, 03:48:54 AM
"Either or.  Or both.  It's, it's up to her.  They both, they both do, they both do the same thing; neutralize acid.  The clay, the clay is something of an... acquired taste."

The Professor took one of the clay sticks and broke off a bite in his mouth.  He crunched it up and knocked it back with a swig of ale, and then ate a few more bites of his meal.  His own stomach was uncooperative, as it craved food, but was also upset due to his anxiety.  By gnawing on the clay stick, he hoped to be able to actually partake in the provided feast and eat his fill.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1153 on: February 14, 2015, 03:55:59 AM
"Hmm but you have to suck the cube right?" Sakura asked "If it's just as much as an acquired taste as the stick I think the stick might be the better option since she can drink something in between bites."

"Perhaps we should ask the Dwarves if there's something like Ginger around." Calien stated "I would give her some of the herbs I have, but they would most likely make her vomit what she ate."

"Sounds like her worst nightmare." Sakura said dryly.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1154 on: February 14, 2015, 04:01:16 AM
Aya slipped away as the eating contest started, the noise was a little much for her; as she explored around the near by parts of the dwarven city she came across a rather spectacular cavern, from the balcony she could see dwarven homes going deep into massive cut tunnels on each side. This had to be the center of their civilization here, Aya found it admittedly hard to comprehend the desire to live underground but there was certainly beauty in their culture to be sure.

"Wow.." She said out loud, glancing left and right she noticed Riagan leaning against the arm rail
looking lost in thought. "Your city has an amazing view, I've never seen anything like it before." She says walking up to him.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1155 on: February 14, 2015, 04:04:51 AM
"Hmm but you have to suck the cube right?" Sakura asked "If it's just as much as an acquired taste as the stick I think the stick might be the better option since she can drink something in between bites."

"Perhaps we should ask the Dwarves if there's something like Ginger around." Calien stated "I would give her some of the herbs I have, but they would most likely make her vomit what she ate."

"Sounds like her worst nightmare." Sakura said dryly.

((Rolaids and Tums are basically flavored chalk.))

The Professor dug around in his bag some more. "You crunch the chalk.  I may, I may have a root in here... I may, I may..."

Eventually, he produced a gnarled strong-smelling root that looked like some malformed dirty brown multi-limbed mummified creature.  He handed it to Sakura. "I do!  I do have ginger!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1156 on: February 14, 2015, 04:08:28 AM
"Oh, that's not what I expected.  I would think it would be difficult to crunch the chalk in that shape." Sakura said as she handed the Ginger to Calien who took a good look at it.

"Hmmm yes this Ginger is in good shape and of fine quality." Calien nodded "I can boil it and make a tea if it's necessary to Pema."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1157 on: February 14, 2015, 06:45:41 AM
Pema managed to finish the duck, and moved onto her next plate.

She lightly hit her chest with her fist a few times, beginning to feel the encroaching burn. She glanced over at Zilpher, who looked somewhat dazed from his massive consumptions, however, he continued to plow through his servings.

"That Dwarf man is a tough opponent. I underestimated him," Pema observed as she finished her seventh chicken breast, "But I'm no sloth, myself!"

"Slouch," Salem corrected.

"Mm-hm, I'm not that one, either!" She nodded with determination, fist pumped in the air, "I've never done this before, but.. I think it's time I unlock my true potential!"

Pema slowly raised her hand and then rested it on her hat, "It's not over yet..." She swiftly removed the hat from her head and tossed it aside, "Nothing holding me back now. A hero never runs away from a battle!"

She dived in for a pile of broiled goat slathered in thick gravy.

He sighed, "Pema, all you did was discard your hat. There's no-"

"Ah, I see you've taken off your hat, child," Zilpher exclaimed in a large, bellowing voice, "This means you've finally decided to reveal your true potential!"

"Oh, you better believe it!" Pema exclaimed confidently.

"Very well then... so shall I!" Zilpher tore off his leather arm bracelets, "I can feel it now! NO MERCY!" He shoveled Pulled Pork into his gullet.

"Yeah, let's finish this, Zilpher! Full power!" Pema cheered, vigorously eating corn on the cob.

"Wh-What is with you people? You haven't actually done anything!" Salem shouted, vaguely suspecting he was going mad from watching these two.

She arrived to her eighth plate of food, "I dunno, Salem, I'm definitely feeling a great force building up inside me. A force that will carry me through to the end!"

"... That's just gas... I hope someone has a medical remedy for you, after this is over..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1158 on: February 14, 2015, 08:51:48 AM
"Oh ho, seems like they're taking things seriously now." Calien remarked at the exchange.

"........They weren't before?" Sakura said as she tilted her head.

"I don't know, that's what I got from it."  Calien shook his head "Though I think Zilpher might need a stomach remedy as well when this was over, it was subtle but I think the food getting to him."

"If I wasn't so interested in the outcome and worried that the crowd might get mad at me I feel like I should run over and stop the competition." Sakura replied.

"I share that sentiment." Calin nodded.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1159 on: February 14, 2015, 08:56:22 AM
The Professor finished the clay stick he was gnawing on and he finally finished most of the meal before him.  He still looked very uncomfortable, but he was attempting to hide it.  His arms were held close to his body and his shoulders were hunched up.  His face was mostly hidden by his hood, save for his long, pointed nose. 

The noise from the eating contest was getting louder and louder, and he was having an even more difficult time trying to hear.  After a moment, he moved the stomach remedies toward Calien and then stood; gathering his things and heading for the door just to get away from the noise for a few minutes.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1160 on: February 14, 2015, 09:01:27 AM
"Professor you're going to leave?" Sakura asked "Why don't I come with you, I don't want you to get lost or something."

Sakura was genuinely worried that he may run into a stray dwarf or run into Riagan who she wasn't sure actually accepted him and was still mad at him.  She also wanted to admittedly get away from the noise a bit as well and apologize for what she said about the Order.....to an extent.

(I admit I want to do other things.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1161 on: February 14, 2015, 09:12:03 AM
Toshi - "W-wait for me."

Feeling her head starting pound a little, Toshi decided to go join the two a little; just to get some needed fresh air, from all the noise.

She kept a close eye on the Professor, in case something bad should befall upon him.

(I seem to forget that Toshi has sensitive hearing. I'm pretty sure she'd go mad if she stayed in there any longer.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1162 on: February 14, 2015, 09:14:58 AM
(Lampshading it now.)

"Oh you're coming too Toshi?" Sakura asked "I'm suprised you didn't do it sooner considering you wanted to rip out my larynx for yelling at you when we first met, and I'm sure the Dwarves were louder than that."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1163 on: February 14, 2015, 09:17:08 AM
Finally enough of a distance away that he could hear somewhat clearly, the Professor nodded. "I apologize, I apologize as, as, as I can't hear very well.  Difficult, difficult to hear anything, yes?  Too n-noisy."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1164 on: February 14, 2015, 09:19:49 AM
"Yeah I understand, since I have more sensitive hearing my ears are starting to hurt, and sure Daddy is somehow trying to ignore the noise himself." Sakura nodded as she noticed Yin joined them as well thinking she too wanted to get away from the noise.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1165 on: February 14, 2015, 09:23:22 AM
(Lampshading it now.)

"Oh you're coming too Toshi?" Sakura asked "I'm suprised you didn't do it sooner considering you wanted to rip out my larynx for yelling at you when we first met, and I'm sure the Dwarves were louder than that."

Toshi - "Yeah, don't remind me." she replied, feeling a little embarrassed to hear her say that, "It seems I have trouble adapting to loud noises. I'm quite sure I'd scream my own larynx out, if they got any louder than it is."

(Somehow I kinda wish she was like Misty's Psyduck, in a way.)

Fear me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1166 on: February 14, 2015, 09:24:38 AM
Aya slipped away as the eating contest started, the noise was a little much for her; as she explored around the near by parts of the dwarven city she came across a rather spectacular cavern, from the balcony she could see dwarven homes going deep into massive cut tunnels on each side. This had to be the center of their civilization here, Aya found it admittedly hard to comprehend the desire to live underground but there was certainly beauty in their culture to be sure.

"Wow.." She said out loud, glancing left and right she noticed Riagan leaning against the arm rail
looking lost in thought. "Your city has an amazing view, I've never seen anything like it before." She says walking up to him.

"Yes" Riagan responded calmly. "It's very beautiful. I would give my life to protect it and all those who live here."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1167 on: February 14, 2015, 09:32:57 AM
"Considering your half Leporine half Elf I can understand that." Sakura nodded. "Not to mention your ears are way bigger than mine, Dad's and Ms. Farah's."

(I hope I got that right.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1168 on: February 14, 2015, 09:43:26 AM
(No worries. You got the leporine part right.)

Toshi - "Somehow I wish wasn't born half leporine." she brushed her tail a bit, "Although it feels kind of weird that I actually adore my own rabbit tail. I heard some weird rumors of a rabbit's tail or foot being some sort of lucky charm. Not that I'm feeling very lucky that often."

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1169 on: February 14, 2015, 09:48:48 AM
The Professor limped along, listening as best as he could.  The halls had terrible acoustics and sounds echoed and made conversations difficult to follow.  His own large ears used to be sensitive, but one too many explosions in his lab had done away with that.

"When, when working, when researching and experimenting, sometimes, sometimes things would... explode.  M-my hearing, my hearing hasn't been the... same, since.  Too many loud booms, yes?"

He scratched at his pointed ears and dug at them with his knuckle in an attempt to clear them.  Away from the crowded dining hall, he has visibly relaxed, but he still carried himself with a sense of caution as he threw furtive glances over his shoulder.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1170 on: February 14, 2015, 09:50:02 AM
"Oh yeah I think Daddy heard those rumors too when he was living with humans."  Sakura shuddered "I heard those who actually believe in such rumors actually chase rabbits down to cut off said foot or tail.  Even as people who try to use every part of the animals we hunt as a sign of respect for those who died so we may live we both find that disturbing."

The Professor limped along, listening as best as he could.  The halls had terrible acoustics and sounds echoed and made conversations difficult to follow.  His own large ears used to be sensitive, but one too many explosions in his lab had done away with that.

"When, when working, when researching and experimenting, sometimes, sometimes things would... explode.  M-my hearing, my hearing hasn't been the... same, since.  Too many loud booms, yes?"

He scratched at his pointed ears and dug at them with his knuckle in an attempt to clear them.  Away from the crowded dining hall, he has visibly relaxed, but he still carried himself with a sense of caution as he threw furtive glances over his shoulder.
"I figured." Sakura nodded.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1171 on: February 14, 2015, 02:50:03 PM
"Yes" Riagan responded calmly. "It's very beautiful. I would give my life to protect it and all those who live here."

"Well my friends and I mean no harm, we were just trying to get to Skull Cove as we told your father, still sorry our meeting had to come in the form of an avalanche." Aya leans on the railing, glancing over the city and the people like little ants going too and fro.

((I have an event coming, just wanted to get Riagan introduced to the party in a less  antagonistic way.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1172 on: February 14, 2015, 05:28:52 PM
(Can I still run into you guys?)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1173 on: February 15, 2015, 12:05:44 AM
(If you wish, I'm about to do an event once every one is ready.))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1174 on: February 15, 2015, 12:11:06 AM
(Including Pema?)