The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229998

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1075 on: February 11, 2015, 09:05:54 AM
"First and foremost, what are you doing on this mountain?" the king asked.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1076 on: February 11, 2015, 09:21:05 AM
"We merely wanted to make our way to Skull Cove." Calien spoke "It is of utmost importance that we do so, as hard as it may be to believe the world is in grave danger.  A man known as White Beard stole the sacred Omni Gem which was created by the Queen from the floating city and as a result the world is being thrown out of balance. 

I saw it first hand as the forest I called home was corrupted by this unbalance and some of the creatures succumbed to the chaos.  It would have gotten worse had we not been able to purify the chaos thanks to our compatriot Aya there as well as the combined forces of our mana.

However it seems this White Beard is also after Aya herself, these.....I am not sure what to make of them myself really but these beings known as Masters were sent to attack us and most likely capture Aya.  They were created by a man known as Alberto the Wily and I believe that he is connected to White Beard because he has knowledge of the Precursors, which would be needed to even attempt to make off with the Omni Gem in the first place.  We would not even know this without the Proffessor over there.

However thanks to the attack the way we were originally going was blocked off by the Order so we were forced to take the other road.  It was going well at first until the Prof's invention we were using to transport the lot of us got stuck in the terrain and before we could do anything the avalance occured and washed it away.  And then your son found us and now we're here."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1077 on: February 11, 2015, 10:07:36 AM
The Professor cowered a bit at the mention of his name, and he put his hood over his head.  Fumbling in his pockets, he pulled out a rosary and started thumbing the beads one by one while muttering a prayer under his breath.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1078 on: February 11, 2015, 10:38:18 AM
"The Order, huh? I should have known they were involved in this." the King stated. "It's bad enough we have to share the mining and riches of this mountain with those vermin."

"But father, how do we not know they aren't working for the Order?" Riagan said angrily. "This wouldn't be the first time they've tried to poke their business into our territory!"

"My son Riagan brings up a valid point! What proof do you have that you are being sincere with us, huh?" the King asked. "How can we trust you?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1079 on: February 11, 2015, 10:51:09 AM
"The Order despise us sir, and, to a lesser extent, for most of us the feeling is quite mutual." Calien said as he unwrapped his bandana and revealed his ears to the surprise of Sakura "During the attack on Iron Gate I healed as many people as I could, whether they be with the Order or not.  As a Cleric of sorts I have no right to discriminate those who need help but even then I would have helped anyway since I believe it is just to do so as I would expect my fellow man to do the same.

The Order decided to brand me, Toshi and the Prof, who was part of the Order until the incident, as demons in order to continue their corrupt hold on the city.  The also branded that little girl and my childhood friend, who is not present, as Witches since the Order made Magic forbidden, our Absol a cursed beast due to those misaimed rumors of Absols causing disasters, and Fxeni and Aya over there were heretics with Fxeni also accused of being an evil Warlock.  Even my own daughter was called a Witch by them even when she and Pema put out the fires while Order didn't so much as lift a finger to do anything.   So as you can see, we are not friends with the Order and the Order are not friends with us. 

To make matters worse when the Prof was with the Order they used and abused him greatly keeping the benefits of his talents to themselves while treating him like a lesser man.  They treated him with distain and punished him greatly which as I mentioned before caused him to become slightly insane.  It's a classic case of Stockholme Syndrome I'm afraid. 

I wish I could have done something, but I don't have the power to do so, and the Order's grip is too deep for only us to ungrip especially with the pressing matters at hand."

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1080 on: February 11, 2015, 11:19:43 AM
"Interesting. Is this one's story true?" the King asked the rest of the party. "Speak up, the lot of you!"

(Wanna hear more from the rest of the party before continuing on)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1081 on: February 11, 2015, 11:25:19 AM
The Professor finally made an attempt to say something other than his muttering.  He nodded, then shook his head, then nodded again. "The Order, the Order, they m-make mistakes, yes, they make mistakes.  But, but, but, the Order is good!  We, we, we help!  My work, my work, you see, my work, it b-benefits the Order, but, but, but they don't, they don't want me to, they don't want me to give it, to give it to the townsfolk.  I've, I've, I've sinned against the Order, and, and, and they punished me, but, but, but I try, I try to do good!  My work, my master's work, my work and study, my work and study, I want to help others with my work, my work."

He cowered even lower, closing his eyes and waiting to be struck again.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1082 on: February 11, 2015, 11:29:05 AM
(I'll just post Sakura's bit here.)

"Of course it's true!" Sakura shouted "The Order are a bunch of cowardly ungrateful racist dumbasses!  They may help the poor and helped establish trade to help Iron Gate when it was struggling like the Prof keeps saying but they just want to keep the city dependent on them forever! 

Hell if they didn't forbid Magic and Magitek, even though they take advantage of the Prof despite the fact they never liked him, then maybe the city wouldn't be in the shape it is right now, but it is because no one can defend themselves!  So yes I really don't like those assholes!"

"......My apologies I honestly have no idea where she learned such language." Calien sighed though he had a feeling she heard it from the town, Toshi or possibly even Farah who had taken up to cussing as well.

(Out of character or just an extension of vocabulary. 8D)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1083 on: February 11, 2015, 11:39:31 AM
"... Perhaps I wouldn't have said it so colourfully, but I am inclined to agree," Fxeni stated calmly.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1084 on: February 11, 2015, 11:42:29 AM
"Sorry." Sakura sighed "I'm just so frustrated about the entire thing, I honestly can't understand why those people can be so mean and restricting to everyone.  I guess my frustration got the better of me."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1085 on: February 11, 2015, 03:23:30 PM
Aya fumbled with the pendant around her neck, the true form of her weapon. She remembered it had the same symbols on the walls of the floating city and would be the only proof she could offer of her identity.

"I can't prove anything with words alone but--maybe this will be enough?" She hands the pendant to the guard still holding her arm to show the king. The pendant from a glance didn't match anything the Dwarves could make, it was neither iron nor mythril. It did however match the unknown metals from the rare precursor ruin they had dug up over the years. While anyone could have found such a pendand her attire did support her claims, it's style was like nothing humans they had encountered would ever wear. However unless they allowed her to draw it's magic out, something only a precursor could do there was still no way to confirm her claims.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1086 on: February 11, 2015, 08:48:09 PM
(Hey I have a question is it Rye-a-gan or Ree-a-gan?)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1087 on: February 11, 2015, 09:23:22 PM
The King grabbed the pendant and examined it closely. He got up from his throne and walked towards the prisoners while taking everything they had said under consideration. He looked at the nervous tiny troll-ish creature and examined his face, which was clearly bruised.

"GUARDS!" the King yelled out. "Release the prisoners. They are welcome in the Great Halls of Gimrak."

The Guards released the party as the King walked over to Aya and gave her back her pendant. "Here you are. Such a treasure should be guarded closely."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1088 on: February 11, 2015, 09:26:51 PM
"I thank you for your fair judgement your highness." Calien bowed. 

Sakura sighed in relief as she looked over to Riagan curious to see what was his reaction to his father's decision.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1089 on: February 11, 2015, 10:42:10 PM
The Professor visibly calmed enough to stop cowering, but he kept his hood up and he slinked behind the party in order to keep a respectable distance.  He fell silent again, watching the Dwarves closely.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1090 on: February 11, 2015, 11:39:42 PM
Calien looked over to the Professor noticing that he was still very uncomfortable by this lot.

"Your Highness my very small compatriot here has a bit of a nasty bruise and it seems to be making him very uncomfortable." Calien explained "Would it be okay if I treat it right now?"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1091 on: February 12, 2015, 01:43:13 AM
The King grabbed the pendant and examined it closely. He got up from his throne and walked towards the prisoners while taking everything they had said under consideration. He looked at the nervous tiny troll-ish creature and examined his face, which was clearly bruised.

"GUARDS!" the King yelled out. "Release the prisoners. They are welcome in the Great Halls of Gimrak."

The Guards released the party as the King walked over to Aya and gave her back her pendant. "Here you are. Such a treasure should be guarded closely."

Aya nodded a little surprised by his sudden shift in mood and tone. "Y-yes your majesty." She responded bowing a little out of respect.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1092 on: February 12, 2015, 03:45:40 AM
The guard that confiscated Pema's staff returned it back to her.

"SALEM!" Pema hugged him tight, "Thank the heavens, I was so worried..."

"See? Just like I promised, right? I told you I wouldn't be gone long," Salem exclaimed with a chuckle.

"You dummy..." She continued to embrace him, her face lit up with joy.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1093 on: February 12, 2015, 03:48:42 AM
(Peam is tsun towards Salem. A talking staff. bVd)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1094 on: February 12, 2015, 03:50:29 AM
(I got Dere over that actually.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1095 on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:26 AM
(This... this went to a weird place.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1096 on: February 12, 2015, 04:04:44 AM
(Yeah.....it did.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1097 on: February 12, 2015, 04:07:21 AM
With his bag returned to him, the Professor dug through it for a poultice with which to apply to his face.  It wasn't so much that the bruise itself bothered him, but it was something to take his mind off of their previous predicament.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1098 on: February 12, 2015, 04:10:42 AM
"Guess I'll have to talk to him later." Calien thought.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1099 on: February 12, 2015, 04:15:31 AM
(This... this went to a weird place.)
(Yeah.....it did.)
(I'LL BE HERE ALL DAY 8D)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.