The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230001

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #975 on: February 09, 2015, 08:26:24 PM
It took about half a day to reach the Jagged Peaks, or rather the mines at it's base. The Professor informed the party that the iron and gold stone mined here was key to the town's survival and as of now might be the only thing keeping Iron Gate afloat. The mine was quiet outside a few hired guards, it would seem the workers had gone home for now in the wake of the attack.

"Halt, we aren't accepting visitors. If you are looking to pass over the mountain take the road around the mine, I don't recommend it though. The old paths haven't been used in five years." A guard extended his hand ordering the party to stop as they approached the gates.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #976 on: February 09, 2015, 08:35:08 PM
"Any particular reason you aren't accepting visitors?" Calien asked.  He found it quite odd that they were barring passage on one road and not the other, especially since the other was supposedly much more dangerous.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #977 on: February 09, 2015, 09:30:52 PM
"This is right from the Order, no outsiders within the mines. We can't risk another attack on our lively hoods." The guard frowns glancing behind them at the Professor recognizing him. "Look, I don't buy all the things the order says about you all, and I know you all tried to save people so I'm not going to tell them you came through here. Now go, before anyone sees you. Take the upper path and be carefull."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #978 on: February 09, 2015, 09:32:52 PM
"I understand, that's rather unfortunate." Calien nodded "Thank you for your kindness."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #979 on: February 09, 2015, 11:05:56 PM
"Now, now, now," the Professor fumbled with his maps, "the upper road, the upper road, while disused, isn't dangerous per sé...  You see, you see, it has ruts, and rough spots, but the b-bridges... those may be in some... disrepair, yes?"

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #980 on: February 09, 2015, 11:47:25 PM
"There's that Order again..." Fxeni mumbled under his breath as he listened.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #981 on: February 09, 2015, 11:50:11 PM
"Can't really be helped." Sakura said very quietly "They're really trying hard to maintain their control, but even some of the people are realizing something isn't necessarily right." 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #982 on: February 09, 2015, 11:59:56 PM
"You see, you see, the mines became a main trade route after our mining operations were m-moved to better mountains, yes?  So, we used, so, we used the old mines and, and, and created a m-mountain pass.  Excavated the old tunnels, bore through the hill.  That road, that road is always protected.  Bottleneck, choke point, yes?"

The Professor directed Calien's steering toward a rugged road that had become overgrown and dusty.  With the passing day, the clouds thickened and a light drizzle had begun, pattering the awning that covered the cab.

"The ride may be a bit... rough.  However, however, however, when we come to the bridges, when we come to the bridges, I have a solution should, should it n-need some repair..."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #983 on: February 10, 2015, 12:01:50 AM
(Fxeni, what was that thing you wanted to speak to Pema about?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: February 10, 2015, 12:04:09 AM
"Guess we really have no choice." Calien sighed "If the bridge needs repairing allow us to assist, my people are very good with their hands after all.  Not to mention Fxeni can probably help as well."

(Fxeni, what was that thing you wanted to speak to Pema about?)
(Way back when we found her?  Probably something to the same effect Sakura was telling her about but being more clear about the danger and consequences of what she was doing especially after the revelation of The Order being corrupt.  Not to mention the danger of bringing too much attention to themselves to their enemy.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: February 10, 2015, 12:39:57 AM
(Yeah. Well, I'm not sure, it might've had something to do with his observation that Pema doesn't know how to conceal her mana? I recall him mentioning that shortly after I introduced her.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #986 on: February 10, 2015, 12:42:48 AM
(We really established that out loud in the forest actually, so he probably discussed that with her as well.  Calien went on a whole ramble about that and Fxeni said he can help conceal her presence and control her mana while Calien can only help with the concealing of her physical presence.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: February 10, 2015, 01:17:37 AM
(Something along those lines, I suppose we can say it was discussed in one of the timeskips.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: February 10, 2015, 01:21:55 AM
(Pretty much.  Also along with Sakura trying to help Calien learn some of her spells since he felt that he needs to expand his fighting repertoire.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #989 on: February 10, 2015, 01:22:50 AM
(So... she fully learned how to conceal her mana now?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #990 on: February 10, 2015, 01:24:09 AM
(That's up for you to decide.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #991 on: February 10, 2015, 01:27:10 AM
(Might as well establish that she has, then.

Don't want to waste time explaining something that isn't incredibly pertinent to the story.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #992 on: February 10, 2015, 01:29:06 AM
(I might also say that Calien has mastered Earth and Fire but still needs to work on Wind and Lightning at the moment, if that's okay.  It's basically similar to how Sakura uses her magic but with different techniques.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #993 on: February 10, 2015, 01:34:39 AM
(Yeah, that sounds good.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #994 on: February 10, 2015, 02:28:28 AM
"You see, you see, the mines became a main trade route after our mining operations were m-moved to better mountains, yes?  So, we used, so, we used the old mines and, and, and created a m-mountain pass.  Excavated the old tunnels, bore through the hill.  That road, that road is always protected.  Bottleneck, choke point, yes?"

The Professor directed Calien's steering toward a rugged road that had become overgrown and dusty.  With the passing day, the clouds thickened and a light drizzle had begun, pattering the awning that covered the cab.

"The ride may be a bit... rough.  However, however, however, when we come to the bridges, when we come to the bridges, I have a solution should, should it n-need some repair..."

"What about all the monsters you mentioned--I can still fight if need be." She turns lightly as to hide her sling.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: February 10, 2015, 02:33:13 AM
"Hm? But didn't you injure your arm, Ms. Aya?" Pema asked while she gently groomed Epee's fur.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #996 on: February 10, 2015, 02:44:58 AM
"Aya....wouldn't you make the injury worse?  Your arm isn't quite healed yet." Sakura stated.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #997 on: February 10, 2015, 02:49:25 AM
"It's fine--really. I fought off that creepy ninja with one hand--sorta. Also I'm going a little crazy here, the professor won't let me do anything!" Aya says with a grumble.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #998 on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:52 AM
"Aya I understand your frustration but you need to calm down and rest your injury." Calien stated "I have heard many a story of soldiers risking permanent injury and death trying to over strain themselves.  It's one of the reasons my race is going extinct.  It's not pretty and none of us want that to happen to you. So please for the time being just rest your arm."

"Besides, you can count on us to cover you can't you?" Sakura told her "How many times do we have to tell you that you don't have to do everything by yourself?"

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #999 on: February 10, 2015, 02:58:54 AM
"Yeah, we have your back!" Pema smiled.