The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229635

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #950 on: February 07, 2015, 07:35:28 AM
"I don't mind riding with others, but there are certain benefits to riding alone to be sure," Fxeni replied. "I could scout ahead alone if needed, for example."
"That's what I thought." Sakura nodded "I think I'll still ride Epee too for that same reason."

After explaining how steam engines worked and thus how the carriage worked, the Professor disappeared behind the chassis, rummaging with something on the shelves that the group couldn't see.  After a few clanks, cranks, clunks, and then a loud boom, the pumps chugged to life.

The Professor emerged and climbed into the cockpit, motioning everyone to get out of the way.  Fiddling with knobs and switches, he put it into gear, and the carriage lurched out into the open.  Applying the brakes, he got out and limped off to get his bags.

"Now, now, now, I had n-never learned how to drive this as my master, my master was... unable to teach me in time.  But, but, but, I can show you, I can show you the controls."
"....Hoo boy that's going to be fun." Sakura sighed as she heard what he said unsure of herself now.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #951 on: February 07, 2015, 07:36:10 AM
"I obviously can't drive right now. My arm is still numb." Aya comments looking a good seat.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #952 on: February 07, 2015, 07:37:16 AM
"I certainly can't either.....maybe Daddy can?" Sakura pondered.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #953 on: February 07, 2015, 07:41:34 AM
((Basically, the Prof is very inexperienced behind the wheel.  He can't judge his speed, he can't steer, he's too short, and he's nearly deaf.  He can show someone how to operate the controls, but he himself can't drive.))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #954 on: February 07, 2015, 07:42:30 AM
"Aw, no horsies with the carriage?" Pema pouted.

"Even without them, this carriage is still quite an impressive invention. Marvelously constructed," Salem observed.

Pema held her finger horizontally in between her nose and mouth, mimicking a mustache, "Quite right, dear chap! Ho ho, biscuits and caviar!" She made a deep voice.

"... I'm not British, Pema," Salem said blankly.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #955 on: February 07, 2015, 07:43:26 AM
((Little heads up we'll likely need to leave our transportation at the base of the mountain till we return.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #956 on: February 07, 2015, 07:44:26 AM
(Yeah I think Calien is the best bet, Sakura may surpass him when it comes to building things that aren't ancient artifacts but he can operate things just as well as Sakura.)

((Little heads up we'll likely need to leave our transportation at the base of the mountain till we return.))
(I figured.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #957 on: February 07, 2015, 07:47:17 AM
(IF we return... Dun dun DUN)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #958 on: February 07, 2015, 07:49:35 AM
(Good thing Horses eat straw.  Yin and Bianca are probably still coming even if they don't do much.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #959 on: February 07, 2015, 07:50:08 AM
((I promise I won't try to kill the party....too brutally.  8D ))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #960 on: February 07, 2015, 07:53:13 AM
The Professor didn't catch any of what Pema and Salem said, as he was busying himself with gathering his bags and transferring them to the carriage.  There was a storage compartment on the side, and a twist of a knob opened it up.  Stowing his bags, he invited the others to stow theirs if they wished.

"Now, now, now, if you see, we have clouds.  It may rain, but, but this carriage, this carriage is ready."

Climbing onto the back of the carriage between the rear seat and the engine, he unlatched and roll and extended it upward and over the carriage's framework, revealing a thick tarp cover.  Clumsily climbing over the seats to the cockpit, the midget monk gave the cover a few sharp tugs to pull it toward him, and then latched it to the front crossbar above the cockpit seats.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #961 on: February 07, 2015, 07:54:57 AM
((Once everyone is ready I'll make another post.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #962 on: February 07, 2015, 08:01:46 AM
(Hang on we need more snark from Calien.)

After Sakura told Farah about Oakcliffe and she left to prepare for her journey Sakura showed Calien the Professor's invention which made him even more amazed about the Professor's abilities.

"So let me get this straight, the Professor can't drive this thing due to his disabilities along with never learning how to drive in the first place so you want me to drive this thing that I have no experience with what so ever with only the Prof's instructions of the controls?" Calien said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yup." Sakura nodded.

".....Well it can't be that much harder than the stuff I learned at boot camp almost all my life." Calien shook his head "Okay Prof how does this thing work?"

[spoiler]Sheikah boot camp is brutal.[/spoiler]

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #963 on: February 07, 2015, 08:03:50 AM
((heheh  8D ))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #964 on: February 07, 2015, 08:07:30 AM
"Ah!  I will show you," The Professor climbed into the bench seat beside Calien and excitedly explained the controls, all the while assuring that it was designed to be used by the Order's friars to better establish trade with distant towns.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #965 on: February 07, 2015, 08:12:01 AM
Calien listened carefully while remembering what he observed on how Fxeni drove the Cheval and his experiences driving horse drawn carriages when he was a teenager when he helped out his neighborhood ranch hand on occasion.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #966 on: February 07, 2015, 08:53:31 AM
(IF we return... Dun dun DUN)
(Could you at least pop a wheelie at incoming magical fire? PLEASE!?)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #967 on: February 07, 2015, 09:09:32 AM
((I don't think the carriage can do that.  It'd be like trying to pop a wheelie with a tractor. 8D))

((This is pretty much their steam carriage, only with an awning.  The knobs mentioned are mainly to control the engine itself, not to drive.  Just additional stuff added to the front so that someone doesn't have to ride in the back and monitor the engine.))

((I was tempted to have them ride around in this crazy-ass thing.))

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #968 on: February 07, 2015, 09:20:41 AM
(RIDE THAT CRAZY ASS THING

And it's more if Fxeni really does go out to scout ahead first... AND THEN POP A WHEELIE)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #969 on: February 07, 2015, 05:31:56 PM
(Oh don't worry; That was the plan all along 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #970 on: February 09, 2015, 02:22:21 AM
Back at Skull Cove Citadel, Albertus was still in his private chambers. Turning around to make sure no one was watching, he went over to a very ornate suit of armor. The suit of armor resembled a knight, holding a spear-like weapon with its right hand (imagine those knights in Shade Man's stage with the falling heads). Albertus lightly pulled on the spear, and the suit of armor moved to one side, revealing a hidden passage way. Albertus walked into said passage as the suit returned to its original position.

It was quite a way down, but Albertus finally reached a door. This door wasn't made of wood like all others, instead it was made of metal. Approaching the door, it slid open on its own, revealing a large cavern filled with metal machinery and various other items. The sound of churning and steam whistling filled the air, as Albertus walked towards the end of the cavern, where a large window-like feature was, at the base, some sort of table with multiple buttons. Upon reaching the table, Albertus pressed some buttons, and the window magically showed a map of Iron Gate, the Jagged Peaks, and Skull Cove. From the lack of blinking spots on the map, Albertus growled.

"Zo Napalm Master failed completely... And Shadow Master iz nowhere to be found... My key... I must have my key!!"

As if sensing Albertus' rage, the window displayed an image of Aya...

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #971 on: February 09, 2015, 02:45:14 PM
((If anyone has any business to attend to just note it happens before this post.))

With the Professor's instruction Calien manages to get the hang of the machine's quirks enough to feel comfortable with being it's driver. The group packs their gear and mount their rides before finally heading out, the party get the occasional glare from the citizens, mostly aimed at the Professor, Calien and Farah but luckily none are willing to try anything and soon they have left the city behind. After half an hour of travel they are back at the cross roads on the golden road, the main highway that travels through the kingdom, if Farah was going to disembark she'd need to do it here.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #972 on: February 09, 2015, 07:12:27 PM
"Well this is where we part for now." Farah said as she got off the Prof's machine and unloaded her chickens.  Before they left Farah attached a cart to the Prof's horseless carriage which carried all her chickens and other supplies she packed for her journey.  "Guess I won't be seeing you guys for a while huh."

"Yeah....listen Farah. I'm sorry for getting you in this mess and forcing you to leave if I wasn't so careless-" Before Calien could finish Farah summoned her staff and hit him squarely on the head causing Sakura to winch like she did when she saw her slap him in the face a few days ago.

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence, Calien." Farah sighed in irritation "Honestly if what you were talking about was true I'm glad I was driven out sooner than chased out later, if I was lucky to survive that."

"Owww...." Calien replied as his head was reeling from the hit.

"Seriously you need to stop holding yourself responsible for things that you can't control." Farah continued "Even if we kept our ears hidden we would still be outcasts since this Order decided that Magic was strictly forbidden and they're too cowardly or stubborn to admit that they can't do jack when things hit the wall like that.  They're too concern in keeping their control and corruption over the city and we really can't change that you understand?"

"Yeah...you're right." Calien said as he glanced away from her.  It really pained him that he couldn't do anything to help Iron Gate get away from the influence of the Order but he was just one powerless nobody who until now hadn't interacted with society for 16 years.  He couldn't do anything even in the most ideal conditions even if he wanted to.

"One more thing." Farah stated as she suddenly wrapped her arms around him tight.  Calien was surprised by this as he wasn't expecting it but eventually returned the hug "You better come back alive you hear me, and when you do you better not disappear for another 16 years when you're done either.  It's not fair to you and more importantly it's definitely not fair to your daughter either. Come find me so you have a place to live, and if Oakcliffe doesn't work out we'll keep looking until we can find a place where we can belong okay?"

"Alright I will....." Calien nodded as Farah let go "You'll let me know if you see any of your sisters right?"

"Yeah, though that's easier said than done." Farah sighed as she put on her bandana "You know that Nerine and Dinnae never stay in one place for an extended period of time, they're always traveling around.  You're just as likely to run into them as I am."

"I understand." Calien nodded.

"I get the feeling we will see them eventually, if what you said is true and the world is falling apart thanks to this Omni Gem being stolen then you'll need our help.  I don't need her Highness's prophetic powers to be sure of that." Farah stated.

"I understand....but until then this is farewell." Calien sighed "Stay safe okay?"

"You don't need to tell me twice, but you better take your own advice." Farah nodded as she started to walk away, though it seemed tears started to roll down her face "Now go on, you guys can't dawdle here too much longer, you have a job to do."

"Right....see you later....Farah." Calien said as the distance between him and Farah continued to widened.

".....Was she always like that Daddy?" Sakura asked.

"No, she used to be very timid and kind.  People always took advantage of her kind nature which bothered her greatly.  Though her kindness is still there it seemed Iron Gate did wonders to harden her up.  It's kind of good that it happened, but I wish it was in better circumstances.  She always had bad luck, and it seems that hasn't changed." Calien sighed.

"So she doesn't normally hit you like that?" Sakura continued.

"Oh no she did, even back then she always had a temper." Calien shook his head "Though honestly compared to her oldest sister Dinnae, and your Aunt and Grandmother, her strikes aren't that painful."

"I see...." Sakura sweat dropped.

"In any case we need to keep moving, the longer we stay put the more danger we're in." Calien stated as he started up the vehicle again.

"Right, let's go Epee." Sakura said as Epee neighed and kept going.

(For the record we'll probably never see Calien's sister or mom in this RP.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #973 on: February 09, 2015, 07:30:54 PM
The Professor heard what Farah said about the Order, but didn't respond.  He knew that it had problems, but he also had seen all the good the Order had done for Iron Gate and surrounding citizens.  The Order helped those in need and helped organize trade and make a once-struggling mining town into the prosperous city that it is today.

The Order took him in, as well.  They allowed him to tinker, so long as he didn't make a big fuss over it.  Yes, he was punished, but so were other monks who sinned or blasphemed.  Farah simply did not understand the Order like he did.

Glancing back at the crossroads as the party pulled away, the short monk gave off a sigh.  Bundling his robes tighter around him and fumbling with his maps, he once again realized that he was to never see the monastery again.  He was to never see the other monks, the abbot, or the Order again.  His very livelihood was gone.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #974 on: February 09, 2015, 08:09:24 PM
(Ooh I didn't make that too polarizing did I?)