The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230403

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #925 on: February 07, 2015, 05:38:24 AM
"Oakcliffe, what's it like?" Sakura asked curiously.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #926 on: February 07, 2015, 05:41:18 AM
"It was slightly smaller than Iron Gate is. Very tight nit community, generally welcoming... a decent amount of magic users there too," Fxeni replied, recalling the last time he was there. "Who knows what it's like now though."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #927 on: February 07, 2015, 05:44:22 AM
"That might just work, I hope Farah will be fine there." Sakura nodded "Daddy was working on making another one of those stones we have for her and finished it last night.  He said the materials for making those stones aren't too hard to find, but the technique for making them is mostly secret.  But he said he'll teach me too."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #928 on: February 07, 2015, 06:41:22 AM
((Oakville will be out of the way just a heads up, the Jagged Peaks are the only direct land route to Skull Cove.))

For the first time in two days Aya comes out of the inn, she squints a little at the morning light. Before moving to the Cheval. She'll be riding in the side car until she gets full use of her left arm again. "I'll be happy to leave this town behind, the longer we remain the greater the chances something could happen again." Aya adds to the conversation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #929 on: February 07, 2015, 06:47:07 AM
"The thing is we'll probably be attacked regardless of where we go." Sakura sighed "I just want to get out of here because I'm tired of all the nasty things people are saying about us.  Daddy is being called a demon, Pema is still being called a Witch and they added poor Farah to that list thanks to her unusual magic, and the poor Prof's reputation is getting worse.  It's nuts."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #930 on: February 07, 2015, 06:48:11 AM
"Maybe I should just hand myself over to White beard." Aya sighs.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #931 on: February 07, 2015, 06:50:44 AM
(Yup, no plans to go to Oakcliffe.)

"I doubt it would stop him from hurting people... he has a knack for that sort of thing," Fxeni replies to Aya. "Don't worry, we'll figure something out... while staying away from populated areas for now."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #932 on: February 07, 2015, 06:51:01 AM
"Hell no, don't even think like that!" Sakura yelled "I don't know what this whole Key business is but if they get you it'll be bad news to everyone for sure!  And when they're done with you they'll probably kill you too!"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #933 on: February 07, 2015, 06:52:15 AM
The Professor made his way to Cheval and studied it closely.  Finding a seat in a rear sidecar*, he loaded his bags and climbed in.  Except, he didn't stay in his seat.  Pulling out his notebook and his travel quill and inkwell, he climbed over the other seats and to the cockpit, where he examined the controls and drew schematics.  "Interesting.  Quite, quite interesting..."

((*I don't know what Cheval looks like and all I can picture is some weird motorcycle thing with about a dozen sidecars and looking straight out of Chrono Trigger.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #934 on: February 07, 2015, 06:53:10 AM
(Megaman X2 ride bike actually.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #935 on: February 07, 2015, 06:54:20 AM
"I guess your both right, it's just frustrating." She clenches her right fist it glows with light slightly before she calms herself. "Professor? How long will it take for us to cross the mountains?" she glances to the professor as she sits her self in the Ceval's  second side car.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #936 on: February 07, 2015, 06:59:50 AM
((Well, it's now sporting a dozen sidecars. 8D ))

The Professor looked up from his drawing and copious note-taking. "Approximately, approximately how fast does this vehicle travel?  Now, now, now, there are man-made p-paths, and, and, and some b-bridges were built, but, but, but many may have fallen out of use."

He scribbled some more notes and gave the control stick a tentative turn. "With, with a heavy load, with all of us as passengers, we should expect some slowdown.  But, but, but, if you could supply me the average speed of this m-machine, I can calculate our, our t-travel time using, using the more traveled paths, yes."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #937 on: February 07, 2015, 07:01:55 AM
"Well only you, Dad and Aya would be riding that." Sakura pointed out "I have my Rapidash and Pema is riding with me while Toshi is using some kind of Ninja Kite."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #938 on: February 07, 2015, 07:02:53 AM
"I uh... I don't think we're all going to fit," Fxeni said, unsure of how to explain it. "Weren't we supposed to find some other means of travel?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #939 on: February 07, 2015, 07:04:00 AM
"Yeah like some kind of carriege or something?" Sakura pondered.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #940 on: February 07, 2015, 07:06:09 AM
"Carriage?  Carriage?  Yes, yes, yes, I do believe that I m-may have something of use..." Climbing out of the Cheval, the Professor hobbled toward one of the out buildings of the inn, motioning for the group to join him.  "Come, come, come, my master, my master and I... we, we, we had another project, yes?"

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #941 on: February 07, 2015, 07:07:42 AM
"Oh? I'm curious what you guys were working on," Fxeni said as he followed the Prof.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #942 on: February 07, 2015, 07:09:17 AM
"Me too, me too, I wanna see!" Sakura said practically skipping along.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #943 on: February 07, 2015, 07:14:54 AM
Approaching one of the outbuildings, the short monk unlocked a rusted latch on its large door and pulled it open with considerable effort.  Inside was a large, uneven shape covered by a dusty tarp.  Taking hold of one end, the Professor pulled off the sheet and revealed what looked like a carriage, only it had a large tank on its rear, along with pipes and drive wheels.

"It, it, it needs its pumps primed, but, but, but it should suffice.  Steam-powered horseless carriage.  My master, my master and I, we, we built this.  Its furnace, it's furnace doesn't use coal, no, no, no.  It can run longer with m-my fire powder."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #944 on: February 07, 2015, 07:16:36 AM
"Wow this thing is amazing!" Sakura squeed "How did you guys make it?"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #945 on: February 07, 2015, 07:20:37 AM
As the group began to follow the Professor inside Aya lagged behind suddenly stopping as if something had caught her attention, she glanced over her shoulder expecting to see something. After a few moments she turned ignoring the familiar feeling she had just experienced.

Meanwhile on top of the one of the remaining buildings nearby Doll Master watches the group. crossing her arms she whispers something to one of her "pet" constructs floating next to her and it promptly vanishes to inform her brother of recent events and Albertus' failure. With a slight giggle she too vanishes into a small chaos rift that promptly closes as she steps inside.

(Just setting up something for the jagged peaks.  8D )

Inside Aya looks impressed, certainly better than clown caring everyone into the Cheval.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #946 on: February 07, 2015, 07:24:06 AM
"Interesting... considering the materials that are present around here, quite ingenious," Fxeni said as he examined the carriage. "Certainly an appreciated addition to our little group; the Cheval wasn't really made for more than 1 or 2 people, and the ride to this town kind of made that clear."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #947 on: February 07, 2015, 07:26:28 AM
"Are you still going to be riding the Cheval by yourself?" Sakura asked "I mean I doubt ypu would want to leave it here right?"

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #948 on: February 07, 2015, 07:32:08 AM
"I don't mind riding with others, but there are certain benefits to riding alone to be sure," Fxeni replied. "I could scout ahead alone if needed, for example."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #949 on: February 07, 2015, 07:33:19 AM
After explaining how steam engines worked and thus how the carriage worked, the Professor disappeared behind the chassis, rummaging with something on the shelves that the group couldn't see.  After a few clanks, cranks, clunks, and then a loud boom, the pumps chugged to life.

The Professor emerged and climbed into the cockpit, motioning everyone to get out of the way.  Fiddling with knobs and switches, he put it into gear, and the carriage lurched out into the open.  Applying the brakes, he got out and limped off to get his bags.

"Now, now, now, I had n-never learned how to drive this as my master, my master was... unable to teach me in time.  But, but, but, I can show you, I can show you the controls."