The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229946

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #750 on: February 04, 2015, 01:44:56 PM
(Why is there fire raining from the sky...?

And where is Aya exactly?)
(Let's just take it that this happened during the rain of Napalm Bombs that you all dodged, but hit the civilians instead.
The flaskbang (Yes, I naming it that) exploded at Napalm Master's feet, causing him to stumble back, and affect the trajectory of his Napalm Bombs. The attack missed the group... And instead bombarded some of the still fleeing townsfolk. Buildings were not spared either.

As for Aya, I'm going to finalise a few things with Blue regarding on what happens.)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #751 on: February 04, 2015, 03:31:24 PM
Aya turned to the voice, she recognized it from the Emerald Forest, the one who attacked them before. Now in danger again she pushed herself to stand, biting her lip as her injured arm  argued her decision. "You-you were the one in the forest, are you the one who ordered this attack!?" she struggles to raise her blade onto her shoulder and take her combat stance.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #752 on: February 04, 2015, 04:21:23 PM
Pema's grip on her staff tightened, her gaze falling on the wreckage and carnage that has claimed Iron Gate.

Her gaze now shifting to Napalm Master's remains, then finally, the ambers rising into the sky, "Why..." she muttered softly to herself, her voice trembling, "Why all the hate... and violence... What's the point? Why can't we all just live and be happy? Wh-Why are people always hurting each other...? I-I... will never understand..."

Pema gingerly wiped a tear from her eye, removing her hat and running her fingers through her light blue hair. With broken eyes, she stared at the ground, "When... will this all end?" Her voice was practically a whisper.

"I wish I knew the answer to that, myself. I really do..." Salem replied, cursing that he didn't have a body to comfort Pema when she needed it most.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #753 on: February 04, 2015, 04:53:13 PM
Aya turned to the voice, she recognized it from the Emerald Forest, the one who attacked them before. Now in danger again she pushed herself to stand, biting her lip as her injured arm  argued her decision. "You-you were the one in the forest, are you the one who ordered this attack!?" she struggles to raise her blade onto her shoulder and take her combat stance.
"My, my. Still so feisty after what my brute of a brother did. No, I did not order this attack. My great Master did."

Shadow Master nonchalantly reappeared right in front of Aya, staring down into her eyes.

"As for your companions... I think they will like my little surprise... But enough about them. My Master has plans for you. Grand plans. But he never did specify if he wanted you alive... OR DEAD!"

(Well that was a fun battle and- oh. Screw it, going to arrive late on the scene for Shadow Master, because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.)

As Aya gets flung away, Fxeni makes the judgement call to not leave her alone. As he runs over, he suddenly realizes that fire began to rain down from the sky. He quickly puts up a barrier around himself, and has a hard time keeping it up under the barrage. The sheer force of the attack sends him to one knee. As the smoke clears, he sees the various bodies of civilians around him.

"Dammit..." Fxeni mutters to himself as he gets up as quickly as he can, and continues running to Aya.
(Oh how I hate it when chores take the fun out of it all.  >8|

I think I'll send Toshi to help out Aya's current situation, in the meantime.)

Racing through the outer walls of Iron Gate, Toshi hurried her way to Aya...

Toshi - "I hope the others are doing okay without me." she looked back over her shoulder in mid-run, before increasing her pace."Just please be okay Aya." she got the feeling Aya won't last long if she doesn't make it in time.

(I'll wait on either Aya or Wily to post before Toshi arrives on the scene.)
(I'm taking the approach that the 2 of you are on separate routes to the same "destination".)

As the 2 approached wherever they think Aya was, they were individually ambushed by various strange creatures. Large frogs that spit out mini-frogs... Weird umbrella creatures that slowly descended in a zig-zag manner... Sacks with legs running with fuses on their heads... Winged insects... Humans riding on giant frogs?

It seemed that these beings will not let the 2 get to their destination easily.

(OK, setting some stuff now. Since these are grunts, I will not control them. You will orchestra your own battles, but please, PLEASE, do not be TOO one-sided. Plus, this grunt battle will last until me and Blue settle our own battle for answers. I highly appreciate if you do not interfere. However, once you can, we'll let you know.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #754 on: February 04, 2015, 05:00:31 PM
Aya had heard enough, this confirmed her suspicious that they worked for White Beard, she couldn't die here not until she had returned the Omni-Gem to the floating city. Unable to use both hands to wield her weapon she puts her momentum into her one handed-swing trying to crush Shadow Master with the blade through a brute force attack.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #755 on: February 04, 2015, 05:07:53 PM
The attack cut through smoke, as Shadow Master had shifted positions again, this time, back to where he first appeared.

"I take that as your answer then."

Shadow Master suddenly started to hop in small bounds.

"Shadow Blades!"

Large 4-pointed stars magically appeared in Shadow Master's hands, and he threw them in succession at Aya.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #756 on: February 04, 2015, 05:16:49 PM
Aya spins on the spot, swinging her blade to counter the attack, three of the stars shatter on the blade it's self while the last makes it's mark cutting lightly her left hip before embedding in the ground behind her. Aya's stance breaks slightly as she winches in pain. "Ngh!"

It became rather clear she was doomed if she kept fighting at range, ignoring the pain as her broken arm shifts with her movement she jumps high into the air and attempts to come crashing down on top of Shadow Master after shifting the blade into it's lance form.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #757 on: February 04, 2015, 05:24:45 PM
Just as Aya was about to crash onto Shadow Master, he stopped hopping, and slid away, stopping at a short distance before he resumed his hopping.

"Very feisty. But lacking skill."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #758 on: February 04, 2015, 05:30:38 PM
Aya trembled as the impact shot pain up her broken arm, biting her lip she turned and attempted to stab at Shadow Master as he landed with the lance. "Stop running!" she hissed getting visibly enraged by the mocking tone, however her wild attacks lacked any real thought and against a clam opponent would be unlikely to land a hit.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #759 on: February 04, 2015, 05:47:16 PM
"My, my. My Master had such high hopes for you..."

Shadow Master continued to dodge Aya's attacks with ease, before finally punching her right in the gut. As Aya bent over, Shadow Master used his elbow to slam Aya into the ground.

"To think that you were the Guardian of the Omni-Gem... No wonder that coot pirate has it. Where's all the potential my Master claimed you have? What a disappointment to the Precursors..."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #760 on: February 04, 2015, 05:53:48 PM
Aya coughs several times from the stomach punch, her good hand clenches out of anger her fingers digging into the dirt. "N-not dead yet." she mumbles as the lance shifts to a gauntlet over her dominant arm and glows generating the barrier spell, Shadow Master finds himself hit by kinetic force and sent flying back. Despite the time she bought she was finding it hard to even move now, her injuries and the wasting of her mana through shifting her weapons' form and summoning a barrier had begun to weaken her, she'd need to find a weak point soon.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #761 on: February 04, 2015, 06:13:15 PM
Shadow Master crashed into a nearby tree, snapping it in half. As he slowly stood up, there was a look of disbelief, and then anger, on Shadow Master's face.

"No one... No one... NO ONE HAS EVER HIT ME!!"

In a rage, Shadow Master stopped hopping, and in a half-squat position, threw out multiple Shadow Blades. However this time, there was a visible pattern, with safe spots.

(So yea, Aya "broke" Shadow. :P And I'm crashing myself. *snaps a tree*)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #762 on: February 04, 2015, 06:19:59 PM
His reaction gave Aya hope there was a way out of this yet, his angry counter attack left some rather obvious safe spots; taking a deep breath she maintained the barrier long enough to block the first star, standing and then dashing through the barrage as they continued to land short of their intended target. With her mana dangerously low now she could only afford to shift her weapon once more and her blade would have to do.

hoisting the sword onto her shoulder she continued to charge at the bewildered Shadow Master and giving every bit of energy she had left into her attack she brought the blade crashing down, however her exhaustion and injuries had affected her balance and she came short of cleaving the ninja in two, although her strike would leave a gash across his chest assuming he'd be unable to dodge.

((Don't want to kill a possible rival so soon! And I doubt he'd even angry allow himself to die so quick anyway  8D ))

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #763 on: February 04, 2015, 06:39:22 PM
(So should Farah come to try to heal everyone who is not dead and put out the fire with her Mastery over wind?)

Sakura looked over Pema and immediately hugged the girl.

"I'm so sorry Pema." Sakura whispered "I'm really sorry."

Calien went over to the Professor to try to see if he could snap him out of it.

"Professor....some of these people are still alive and they need help.....I can't heal them all by myself....are would you be able to help me?" Calien said slowly.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #764 on: February 04, 2015, 07:37:59 PM
As the 2 approached wherever they think Aya was, they were individually ambushed by various strange creatures. Large frogs that spit out mini-frogs... Weird umbrella creatures that slowly descended in a zig-zag manner... Sacks with legs running with fuses on their heads... Winged insects... Humans riding on giant frogs?

It seemed that these beings will not let the 2 get to their destination easily.

(OK, setting some stuff now. Since these are grunts, I will not control them. You will orchestra your own battles, but please, PLEASE, do not be TOO one-sided. Plus, this grunt battle will last until me and Blue settle our own battle for answers. I highly appreciate if you do not interfere. However, once you can, we'll let you know.)

Coming to a full stop, Toshi counts far too many annoyances to pass through. She realizes she has no choice but to fight her way through. The land apparently doesn't look like it has enough underground water to make her task easy for her.

Toshi - "Confounded vermin! I will not let you get in my way." without allowing any attempts to pursuit, she swiped both hands with her sharp nails; drawing more blood than necessary, before forming the hand signs for the summoning jutsu... "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" as she presses both hands down on the ground; a puff of smoke permeates the air; and as the smoke clears, Grifter and Riyalie appears.

Grifter - "Well, it's about time." his anthropomorphic Pidgeot appearance sports a rather commando-like outfit wielding a high-tech semi-automatic long barreled snipe rifle.

Riyalie - "You rrrrang." she purrs out to Toshi as she got her circular saw shaped broadaxe ready.

But Toshi was not done yet; reaching into her pouch she flinged what looks like a brass knuckle into the air, it immediately deploys itself into a katar shaped weapon. Then pulling out the staff it extended to it's quarterstaff shape.

As Toshi held the staff up... "Ronginasu no Yari... assemble!" The katar as if magnetized merged itself with the staff; turning it into a spear.

Grifter - "Woah nelly!" he whistle through his beak, "You sure not messing around are you."

As a swarm of the winged insectoids closed in, the the three scattered, to fight different groups of the enemy.

(I'm going to wait a little before beginning my battle, in case Fxeni posts next.)

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #765 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:09 PM
"Ms. Sakura..." Pema hugged her tightly, tears streaming freely from her eyes as she had someone to comfort her, "Thank you."

She sniffled, and hastily wiped her eyes, "I... I wanna help! Should we go into town and help the people there? I can put out the fires with one of my Ice spells. Please, I... just wanna help!"

Pema's demeanor was sharper than ever.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #766 on: February 04, 2015, 08:22:25 PM
(So should Farah come to try to heal everyone who is not dead and put out the fire with her Mastery over wind?)

Sakura looked over Pema and immediately hugged the girl.

"I'm so sorry Pema." Sakura whispered "I'm really sorry."

Calien went over to the Professor to try to see if he could snap him out of it.

"Professor....some of these people are still alive and they need help.....I can't heal them all by myself....are would you be able to help me?" Calien said slowly.

It took a moment, but the Professor finally heard him. "Oh?  Oh, oh, yes, yes, of course..."

He finally got to his feet and went to retrieve his bag.  He had the foresight to bring curatives, and he dug through his bag to give a few to Calien.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #767 on: February 04, 2015, 09:24:04 PM
"Ms. Sakura..." Pema hugged her tightly, tears streaming freely from her eyes as she had someone to comfort her, "Thank you."

She sniffled, and hastily wiped her eyes, "I... I wanna help! Should we go into town and help the people there? I can put out the fires with one of my Ice spells. Please, I... just wanna help!"

Pema's demeanor was sharper than ever.
"Yeah that sounds like a good idea, I might be able to help with that too.  I may not be a mage but I had to learn spells to be able to enchant my sword with the element so I can cast spells even if they aren't nearly as strong as yours.  That should be enough to put out a few fires." Sakura nodded.

It took a moment, but the Professor finally heard him. "Oh?  Oh, oh, yes, yes, of course..."

He finally got to his feet and went to retrieve his bag.  He had the foresight to bring curatives, and he dug through his bag to give a few to Calien.
"Okay we need to get these out immediately, though I don't know how many we'll be able to save.  Wish we had an extra hand here." Calien said as his expression looked grave. 

"<CALIEN!>" A feminine voice shouted.

Calien's eyes widened as he saw the person he was worried about a moment ago running up to him with her oak staff, Farah.

"<Farah, what the hell are you doing here you should have-!>" Calien started when Farah slapped him to interrupt him "<OUCH!>"

"<Don't waste time arguing with me right now!>" Farah said a bit angered as she unwrapped her bandana revealing pointed ears much like Calien's and Sakura's "<I heard what you said about needing help, if we hurry and split up we can help a lot more people!  I know we haven't seen each other in years and we're worried about each other but we have to help these guys first!  Even though I'm not as good in the healing department like Nerine is I'm still a Priestess of the Gods gosh darn it, and I'm sure as hell not going to let that go to waste when I'm needed most!>"

Calien's eyes widened before he came back to his senses.

"<I'm sorry, you're right, we need to hurry.>" Calien nodded.

"<Of course I'm right.>" Farah nodded as she turned and started to walk away her staff and eyes glowing an ethereal Green and a mysterious symbol appeared on her hands "<We'll talk when this is all over.>"

"<Be careful.> Calien said as he turned back to the Professor "I'm going to head further into the city to cover more ground, do you think you can stay here and take care of the people here?"

(I was going to say the symbol appeared on her forehead.....but then I remembered I gave her a hime cut on her bangs.....curse you hindsight!)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #768 on: February 04, 2015, 09:43:57 PM
The Professor gave a slow nod.  He was still in shock, but trying to collect himself enough to help.  His gaze kept going to the ruined monastery.

Getting to his feet, he limped back to help cure and heal who he could, and stabilize who he could not.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #769 on: February 04, 2015, 09:45:41 PM
Calien immediately rushed out when he saw the Professor start his work and told Sakura to keep an eye on him and Pema.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #770 on: February 04, 2015, 09:46:57 PM
(I'm so going to have trouble catching up since it's late already. Hopefully the next 2 pages of posts doesn't screw over everything I was planning to do.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #771 on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:17 PM
(Well Fxeni is the only other person who's currently in the same situation as you are so hopefully you won't get too far behind there.  Just remember to drag it out a little bit and don't force victory immediately like Wily said.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #772 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:15 PM
((The Prof is just going to heal people, so zombie him when you need to.))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #773 on: February 04, 2015, 11:48:03 PM
(Let's just take it that this happened during the rain of Napalm Bombs that you all dodged, but hit the civilians instead.)
(Yes, this. I figured I made that obvious with the mention of the civilian bodies, but apparently not.)

(I'm going to wait a little before beginning my battle, in case Fxeni posts next.)
(Don't wait, we're in two separate areas.)

Fxeni stops in his tracks as he sees the strange assortment of enemies before him. His eyes narrow as he makes his spear appear. Without anyone around him to get caught up in the attacks, he could go all out. He began to focus his mana, and a runic circle began to appear below him. The small frogs began to advance upon him as he chanted.

"O darkened storm cloud, loose thy blade and run mine enemies through! Thunder Blade!"

A blade of lightning struck the earth, taking a few of the group out. A bunch of the small frogs approached him in the meantime, and began to pounce. He jumped backwards to dodge their attacks, and as he landed he swiftly began to twirl his spear in the air. When they attacked anew he slammed the spear into the ground, which generated a large gust of sharp wind upwards cutting them to pieces.

While he recovered momentarily from this attack, a few of the umbrellas snuck up on him. They pelted him one after the other, knocking him around. The first smacked him in the back, destabilizing him. The next hit him square in the side of the head, knocking him over. As he was on the ground, the sack with legs ran over to him and seemed to be ready to explode.

"Crap crap crap!" Fxeni exclaimed as he focused his mana under him. As the sack got ever closer, he released his mana which sent him into the air, narrowly escaping the exploding sack. He landed on the ground destabilized, but began chanting another spell.

I've got to reach Aya somehow! he thinks as focuses, preparing his next spell.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #774 on: February 05, 2015, 12:55:18 AM
As Calien ran through the city to look for civilians he spotted one in the distance unconscious and made a bee line for them.  As he got closer he noticed the Friar robes and recognized him as the Friar who tried to help him find Pema.

"<Good he's still alive...hope I can save him.>" Calien thought as he started to chant "Spirits of Life, return him to the waking world!  Raise!" 

Holy light from Calien penetrated the friar curing some of the wounds on his body.  The friar eventually started to wake up to see Calien looking at him.

"Good to see you're alive good sir." Calien sighed in relief as he began to chant for Cura.

The Friar's vision started to get clearer as Calien finished chanting his spell and he got a better look at him as he casted Cura on him...and his ears.

"You....you....Oh my god!" the Friar gasped as he pointed his finger at him screamed in fear.

"Yes, yes I know I look like some sort of demon even though I'm not even remotely close to one and can use holy magic, blah, blah, blah, etcetera, etcetera, I. get. it." Calien said in an very annoyed tone with appropriate hand waves "Look this isn't the time for that.  You need to get out of here and help anyone else still evacuating, there's a lot of people in need of your assistance so-"

"DEMONS!" The friar shouted "HELP, DEMONS HAVE DESCENDED UPON US!  RUN!  EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES!"

The friar quickly got up and started to run from Calien.  At a pathetically slow pace due to his robe.

".....Orrrrr you can just run like some gutless coward even though I just saved your life and doing what should be your job.  That works." Calien sighed as he got up before he yelled one last thing to him "AND FOR THE RECORD I THINK A REAL HOLY MAN WOULD PUT AWAY PERSONAL BIAS FOR THE SAKE OF TRULY HELPING THOSE IN NEED.  ESPECIALLY AT A TIME LIKE THIS!"

With a shake of his head Calien continued on to help anyone else who needed it.

(Well Sakura had to get her snark from somewhere.)