The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230268

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #625 on: February 02, 2015, 11:52:20 PM
"Yeah thank goodness for that." Sakura said as Calien tried to calm himself down. 

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #626 on: February 03, 2015, 12:11:28 AM
"So professor is now a good time to ask about the "Precursors?" Aya finally speaks up now the group is out of ear shot of the common person.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #627 on: February 03, 2015, 12:21:55 AM
The Professor perked up. "Yes, yes, of course!"

He jumped up from his seat and started digging through his books and papers. "I, I, I do believe that I m-may know a thing or two..."

He paused in his rummaging, turning to look at Aya. "You, you mentioned, you mentioned a floating city?  Now, now, now my research, my research has uncovered lore of the floating city..."

He moved toward the window and dug through the papers sitting beside the telescope, finally producing a few scrolls.  Limping to Aya, he handed them to her. "In geosynchronous orbit, I b-believe it to be!  Look, look, look here—" he unfurled one of the scrolls and pointed to hand-drawn star maps and the path of an unknown object across the sky "—This, this, I've traced its path.  It has a cycle!  Now, now, now other objects... they don't move like this."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #628 on: February 03, 2015, 12:30:59 AM
Sakura and Calien looked at it but were completely lost.

"So....what does that even mean?" Sakura asked him.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #629 on: February 03, 2015, 12:41:40 AM
"So-hold on you mean it won't be where it was before? H-How am I  to find it again after I get back the Omni-gem?!" Aya suddenly a little ill as her quest had become a little more complicated.

((Yes she's not considering the issue of how she plans to even get back up there  8D ))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #630 on: February 03, 2015, 12:43:56 AM
"....I think the issue of even being able to get there in the first place is the bigger concern even if it did stay in the same place." Calien pointed out.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #631 on: February 03, 2015, 12:46:43 AM
"B-But if I don't return the gem something awful might happen!" Aya's voice a little disheartened.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #632 on: February 03, 2015, 12:47:36 AM
"Well first we need to get the gem back... we can worry about that once we get to that point," Fxeni said.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #633 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:43 AM
"Agreed, and once we do I might have an idea of what we can possibly do afterwards." Calien sighed "....I may know someone who may have an idea how to make a flying machine, but I don't know where they are.  But....I may know someone who might know where they are.....and I think she may be here."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #634 on: February 03, 2015, 12:51:20 AM
Sakura and Calien looked at it but were completely lost.

"So....what does that even mean?" Sakura asked him.

"Ah, I will show you!" The Professor held up his index finger and disappeared into the other room.  There were sounds of rummaging as the others talked before he emerged with a couple of small balls, one in each hand.  He placed them on the desk as he grabbed his quill and dipped it into the inkwell.

Taking one of the balls, he placed one dot on top, and one dot on the bottom, directly beneath the top dot.  Replacing the quill, he took the other ball in his hand and held them both out.

Holding the marked ball still, he rotated the other ball around the marked ball in a diagonal arch. "This, this is geosynchronous orbit."

Placing the balls on the desk, he cleared some space and pulled out his quill, drawing wildly.  He sketched up a sphere and drew a diagonal belt around it.  Then, he drew a crude representation of a horizon, and sketched a figure-8 in its sky. "This, this is the analemma... the path it makes in the sky."

Abandoning his desk, he limped back to Aya and pointed at the scroll once more. "See?  See?  Look, the path it makes... There, there are other bodies that make similar paths, b-but this one... This one, I've, I've, I've triangulated its location, it's coordinates.  They, they match my research, my study, the P-precursors!  This, this is what I can see... it moves across the sky!"

((Gah, five new posts while I was typing this!))

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #635 on: February 03, 2015, 12:54:44 AM
"So-so your saying you could use your notes to find the floating city again?" Aya perked up a little at the possibility of a flying machine AND finding her home again.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #636 on: February 03, 2015, 12:55:18 AM
"So you have an idea of where it will be?" Sakura asked.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #637 on: February 03, 2015, 12:56:56 AM
The Professor pointed to the scroll again. "In, in, in its orbit, it appears in the same place in the sky.  It n-never deviates!  This, this is why, this is how I determined geosynchronicity!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #638 on: February 03, 2015, 01:14:18 AM
"So-when I need to return there would you be willing to help me?" Aya gently rolls up the scroll and hands it back to the professor.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #639 on: February 03, 2015, 02:45:19 AM
The short monk gave a fast nod. "Yes, yes, quite actually!"

He turned and limped back to his desk, digging through some papers.  He pulled out another roll of paper and unrolled it, showing schematics of what appeared to be an airship.

"My master, my master and I... we were designing this."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #640 on: February 03, 2015, 02:50:12 AM
Fxeni walks over and examines the paper quite thoroughly.

"Hmm... amazing! This does indeed look like it could work, although we'll certainly have an interesting time gathering all the materials..." Fxeni says as he pores over all the details.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #641 on: February 03, 2015, 02:54:49 AM
Aya looks over the blue prints, tilting her head she quickly remembers the airship White Beard used to escape the city during the battle. "This--is a flying machine like sky pirate had, he used this to reach the city." Aya nods feeling the Professor is trust worthy enough to share her story with. "That pirate I spoke of used his flying machine to steal the Omni-Gem as Calien called it from the Floating City, I woke up during the attack and tried to stop him." Aya rubs her head "But I kinda messed it up and got knocked from the city into the emerald forest."

Aya fidgets with her pendant "I can't seem to remember anything before I woke up, but if I don't get the Omni-Gem back I fear something may go horribly wrong, any help you can give would be great Professor."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #642 on: February 03, 2015, 03:11:22 AM
"I, I will h-help to the best of my abilities.  The Order, the Order is good, they taught me to be good.  I help!"

He turned and headed for a different door. "I help now!  Come, come, I must show you!"

Opening the door, he revealed a room adorned with pipes that connected to a tub, a chamber pot with an overhead tank and a chain, and a wash basin.  The tub and wash basin had spouts made of a hammered metal, and knobs to twist, while the chamber pot sat on four metal legs, with an s-curved pipe beneath it.

"This, this, this is the first water closet!  My master, my master, he designed it!  I b-built it!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #643 on: February 03, 2015, 03:22:13 AM
"Huh-this room kinda looks familiar, you-can have a bath in here right?" Aya bites on her finger as if all the pipes had triggered something in her memory.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #644 on: February 03, 2015, 03:25:56 AM
The Professor limped over to the tub and twisted the knobs.  Water flowed out of the spout and into the tub's basin.  "One pipe for hot, one for cold.  These knobs, these knobs control the flow.  Valves.  Water is heated b-by the furnace!  The drain, the drain has a plug."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #645 on: February 03, 2015, 03:28:25 AM
"Ah I see, may I use this? I haven't really had a bath in a few days now." Aya frowns a little at that.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #646 on: February 03, 2015, 03:30:02 AM
"Yes, yes, of course!" The Professor smiled and headed for the door in order to give Aya some privacy.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #647 on: February 03, 2015, 03:40:30 AM
Aya laid her clothing on the table next to the tub, thankful that what ever magic they were infused with kept them in good shape despite the fighting and traveling. After getting the water just right she slipped into the tub and decided to relax for awhile after washing the grit off her body. luckily the door wasn't so thick that she couldn't keep up with any conversation in the mean time in the other room.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #648 on: February 03, 2015, 05:00:45 AM
After closing the bathroom door, the short monk addressed the group.  "Well, well, well, you have rooms for the n-night?  Do, do you, do you need a voucher?  I can comp your rooms.  All of our rooms, all of our rooms have running water!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #649 on: February 03, 2015, 05:13:53 AM
Sakura was engrossed with looking at the air ship plans looking excited and thinking about how to make it.  She didn't pay too much attention on what the Prof and Blue were talking about.

"I have my own room for me and Sakura though I need to talk to someone abput the market place." Calien stated.