The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230033

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #525 on: February 01, 2015, 09:30:07 PM
(I didn't say Sakura and Farah were with each other. I'm just saying she could see where Sakura and Farah were separately located. I'll try and fix that bit, since I was thinking that Pema's staff <or Salem if you like> was giving off a much higher reading.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:14 PM
(Even if Pema was giving of a higher reading it's too difficult to pinpoint because of the massive amounts of people.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:39 PM
Pema was nearly above the meat stand.

"Let's descend here!" Pema told Salem.

"We got lamb! We got pork, fresh off the grill! Turkey! Frog legs! Meat lovers from all over, COME ON DOWN!!" The meat vendor cried out, pumping his right fist into the air and his left hand gripping a lamb drumstick.

His face was beet red, probably from screaming all day or from the sizzling hot grill that was mere inches from him... most likely both.

Pema dropped down from the sky, right in front of him, "Okay, mister, I came down like you asked!"

The vendor backed away, almost tripping over himself, "Wh-What the- Where did you come from?!" He stammered.

"From heaven, silly," She joked, "Five drumsticks, please!"

Salem nudged Pema, "Come on, really? How in the world are you supposed to hold five of them?!" He whispered to her.

She sighed reluctantly, "Fiiiiine. Two for each hand, then."

"..... Your digestive system is truly one of life's biggest mysteries," Salem spoke dryly.

The meat vendor stuck out his head forward, darting his eyes back and forth around Pema to see if she was, perhaps, with someone else, "Ummm... Are these all for you, little miss?"

"Mm-hm!" She nodded gleefully, "But, uh, make it four drumsticks, instead."

He tilted his head at this odd girl, but conceded with her request, regardless. Money is money, after all.

Pema heaved herself onto the table, her short little legs dangling rhythmically as she decided on which kind of meat to purchase, "Ummm, oohoh! I'll take that huge Mutton drumstick, right there! And I'll also have one lamb, that BIG juicy turkey leg and, and, annnnnd THAT ONE! That chicken leg! That's chicken, right? Probably. Chicken-like, at least! Okay, yes, the CHICKEN!!"

The vendor simply stared at her with his mouth agape, grease dripping helplessly from the spatula he was holding, "I... I think I need to process all that... One moment, miss..." He prepared her somewhat terrifying order as best as he could.

Meanwhile, Salem had no words. Same ol' Pema, he thought, though he could never completely get used to her behavior. Such as task requires paramount diligence... If only a being like that existed.

Soon afterwards, when her order was paid off, the vendor slowly handed Pema her food. Hesitating, in fear that she might bite him out of rabid excitement, "Th-Thank you. Please c-come... again?"

"You bet! THANK YOU, MISTER!" Pema grabbed the food and bowed, chowing down immediately.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: February 01, 2015, 09:43:54 PM
Sakura eventually spotted Pema who was eating her meal in front of the meat stand.  She then jumped down from the stands and confronted Pema being slightly upset.

"Pema, there you are!" Sakura shouted "What in the world did you think you were doing running off like that!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: February 01, 2015, 09:51:55 PM
((Okay so note to self hide our rations for extended travel!  8D ))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: February 01, 2015, 10:08:43 PM
Sakura eventually spotted Pema who was eating her meal in front of the meat stand.  She then jumped down from the stands and confronted Pema being slightly upset.

"Pema, there you are!" Sakura shouted "What in the world did you think you were doing running off like that!"

Pema turned to Sakura, her mouth full of turkey, "Whuff? I weff to gesh shumthing to eesh!" She explained that she merely left to get something to eat, though she sounded muffled from the food jammed in her maw.

She gestured to all the food in her hand. Pema didn't seem to understand that Sakura was worried sick from her disappearance.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:38 PM
"So you went by yourself and didn't tell us why?" Sakura continued "Everyone has been looking everywhere for you, even Daddy, the Professor, the nice lady selling chickens!  Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to wander around by yourself?  What if there was an earthquake or another fire and we couldn't find you?  We were worried something could have happen to you, what's worse some of the people here have been calling you a witch!  You know what people do to people they think are witches?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #532 on: February 01, 2015, 10:41:57 PM
Digging through his bag, the Professor produced a small bowl.  He uncapped it, took the torch, and snuffed out the flame within the bowl.  Tapping on the bowl's bottom, a glob of viscous fluid was deposited on the end of the torch. 

He removed the bowl and shook the torch with one hand, which solidified the glob on its end.  Handing it back to Aya, he capped the bowl and put it back in his bag. "Rip that off to reactivate it."

Looking at the tavern finally, he gave a nod. "Gold stone, gold stone, yes!  Our hills have it!  I've used it in my work, my work has me grinding the stones into powder.  Most don't know of its properties.  It's m-malleable.  Heat it, and it becomes soft!"

The short monk dug through his bag once again and produced a canister made of that same stone. "The powder contained within... it's a dangerous one.  Only gold stone can keep it.  Only gold stone.  If else..."

He tucked the canister away and pantomimed wildly, "Kaboom!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: February 01, 2015, 10:54:33 PM
"It shines in the sun, I rather like it--but professor aren't you worried all those things might explode in your bag?" Aya tilts her head a little dumbfounded by all the explosive things he's talked about on their walk so far. Aya holds open the door for the professor as they approach the entrance.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #534 on: February 01, 2015, 10:59:08 PM
The Professor opened his bag for Aya to look inside, revealing several compartments and pockets.  The main compartment held torches, his monocle, the krell stone, and a few miscellaneous items.

"The sides, the sides, the sides are coated.  Waxy.  I applied a resin to the pockets.  It's waterproof and fireproof!  Sometimes, sometimes things go off.  If I'm not careful."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: February 01, 2015, 11:15:35 PM
"Sometimes?" Aya isn't exactly put to ease by those words "You mentioned you studied things before, other than your inventions what else do you study?" Aya inquires as she glances around the Tavern's rather impressive eating area looking for their lost friend, although the crowd makes it a little difficult to pick out individuals.

The inside of the Golden Acorn was well furnished and kept clean despite the number of patrons. A large circular bar took up the center of the establishment's first floor with tables and booths placed around the room to maximize the number of customers at once. A desk off the right hinted that the Golden Acorn might also act as a high end hotel for travelers who could afford the rooms.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #536 on: February 01, 2015, 11:17:38 PM
"So you went by yourself and didn't tell us why?" Sakura continued "Everyone has been looking everywhere for you, even Daddy, the Professor, the nice lady selling chickens!  Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to wander around by yourself?  What if there was an earthquake or another fire and we couldn't find you?  We were worried something could have happen to you, what's worse some of the people here have been calling you a witch!  You know what people do to people they think are witches?"

Pema layed what was left of the food on her plate, her eyes growing sad.

She shrunk in her clothes as she dipped her head down, twiddling her thumbs together, "I-I... I'm sorry, Ms. Sakura. I'm so used to traveling around the place by myself that... I never thought others would worry about me... I didn't... I didn't know..."

Her voice cracked as she fidgeted in place, pinching the front of her hat and partially pulling it down in front of her face, "I'm really, really sorry..." Her eyes watered a bit.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #537 on: February 01, 2015, 11:21:56 PM
"Sometimes?" Aya isn't exactly put to ease by those words "You mentioned you studied things before, other than your inventions what else do you study?" Aya inquires as she glances around the Tavern's rather impressive eating area looking for their lost friend, although the crowd makes it a little difficult to pick out individuals.

The inside of the Golden Acorn was well furnished and kept clean despite the number of patrons. A large circular bar took up the center of the establishment's first floor with tables and booths placed around the room to maximize the number of customers at once. A desk off the right hinted that the Golden Acorn might also act as a high end hotel for travelers who could afford the rooms.

"Much!  Much!  Much else!  Now, now, now, some of the things I s-study... the others, they don't like it.  Have to keep quiet about them.  The Order, the Order... they've tried to take my work, my study, but, but, but I've thwarted them," The Professor nodded, lowering his voice.

"You see, you see, my study at the inn.  I keep a room there, for my other things.  You see, you see, you see, I study the, the... Precursors." That last word was practically a whisper.  It was obvious by his increased stammer that this was a subject he wasn't comfortable with talking about in a public forum.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: February 01, 2015, 11:27:36 PM
"Do-do you know anything about a floating city in the sky?" Aya lowers her voice to set the Professor's nerves at ease. "The others could only tell me of the legends." Aya moves over to the side so they can talk outside of the doorway.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: February 01, 2015, 11:39:11 PM
Sakura's softened a bit as she hugged Pema.

"Of course we would worry about you." Sakura told her "The thing is the city is big so it's easy to get lost, and quite a few people in our group has never been here before. I never left the Forest and my father hasn't been here before, Aya doesn't have her long term memory and even then I don't think she's exactly a normal girl, she seems special.  And Toshi....well I don't know if she has been here....she's a little weird and talks about really weird things sometimes.

The point is you really scared us, but I'm glad your okay.  Just next time you need something tell us and we'll go with you okay?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #540 on: February 01, 2015, 11:58:51 PM
"Do-do you know anything about a floating city in the sky?" Aya lowers her voice to set the Professor's nerves at ease. "The others could only tell me of the legends." Aya moves over to the side so they can talk outside of the doorway.

The short monk brightened with recognition, but immediately began to shrink in his robes. "I-I-I-I m-might have... s-some information... But, but, but it's... it's... hidden.  The Order, the Order, they don't like my work, my study.  They don't like it.  They didn't, they didn't, they didn't l-like my m-master's work.  My master was a good man, a good man.  My master was a good man."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: February 02, 2015, 12:08:11 AM
"I was under the impression that everyone knew about the "precursors", why would the order not like your research on them anyway?" Aya motioned to an empty table far from the crowds and listening ears.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #542 on: February 02, 2015, 12:18:28 AM
"The Order..." The Professor took a seat, but still looked about in case any of the friars were there. "The Order... they don't like my work.  They don't like my work."

His voice was quiet, as he didn't want anyone to overhear.  Unfortunately, due to the clamor of the crowd, he also was unable to hear Aya very clearly.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #543 on: February 02, 2015, 12:23:00 AM
Sakura's softened a bit as she hugged Pema.

"Of course we would worry about you." Sakura told her "The thing is the city is big so it's easy to get lost, and quite a few people in our group has never been here before. I never left the Forest and my father hasn't been here before, Aya doesn't have her long term memory and even then I don't think she's exactly a normal girl, she seems special.  And Toshi....well I don't know if she has been here....she's a little weird and talks about really weird things sometimes.

The point is you really scared us, but I'm glad your okay.  Just next time you need something tell us and we'll go with you okay?"

Pema hugged Sakura back, her face nuzzled into the crevice of her shoulder, "O-Okay, I promise I'll tell you, next time..."

She smiled, then glanced back at the couple of drumsticks left on her plate, "Um, do you... Do you want to eat with me? I know it's not much, but..."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: February 02, 2015, 12:26:35 AM
Aya leaned forward slightly to hear the professor more clearly. "Yes--but why didn't they like it?".

((Is Aya going to get the guards sicked on us for bringing this up? XD))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #545 on: February 02, 2015, 12:32:22 AM
((They might. XD))

The Professor sank even lower. "I, I, I don't... I d-don't want to... talk about it... not here.  The Order... The Order... The Order doesn't like it.  They don't like my work.  They didn't l-like my master's work.  My master was a good man.  My master was a good man."

He pulled his hood farther over his head in an attempt to hide his large nose.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #546 on: February 02, 2015, 12:36:50 AM
"Sure, admittedly I am getting hungry." Sakura smiled and took one of the drum sticks "But after we're done we should head back to the Chicken stand that's where we're supposed to meet up.

I wish we had a way to contact the others, I mean I have something to contact my dad, but the Professor said that only a few people have something similar to it and apparently the monastery doesn't like it.  I don't understand this monastery and why they are so restrictive of themselves and others."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: February 02, 2015, 12:46:01 AM
"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." Aya motions with her hands that she'll drop it for now. "Um--well it doesn't look like she's here anyway, did you need to pick something up from that room you mentioned before we head back?" Aya smiles hoping to lighten the professor's paniced mood.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #548 on: February 02, 2015, 12:47:49 AM
The Professor shook his head. "Room's not here.  Not here.  I keep a room at the inn."

He stood and ducked his head to keep from being seen and limped toward the door.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #549 on: February 02, 2015, 12:53:54 AM
Aya nods. "Lead the way then, we can stop there if it's on the way back." She opens the door again for him as they exit the Golden Acorn.

((Quickie you want to describe the Inn, since it's important to the Professor?))