The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230038

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #475 on: February 01, 2015, 02:33:09 AM
"Well Daddy said it really doesn't have a name, not to mention this stone looks much different from your stone nor does it have these bars you speak of." Sakura shook her head.

Compared to the stone that the professor possessed her's was blue, shiny and oddly shaped.  It was cut like a gem but not in a way a jewelry would for a necklace.  The string was also wrapped around the rock length wise once and width wise twice.

"Wait a minute.....Calien was the only one who had something like that....could she be.....?" Farah thought as looked at the stone.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #476 on: February 01, 2015, 02:38:24 AM
"You can contact other holders, yes?" The Professor put his things away and stood. "The krell stone, my master got his from a guild.  A guild of alchemists!  We, we, we study... the ancient arts.  The friars, they don't like it.  They don't like my work.  Only if it benefits them."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #477 on: February 01, 2015, 02:48:37 AM
"Yeah that's the basic gist of it for this thing at least." Sakura nodded as the stone glowed.

Back at the inn the stone Calien had started to blink and chime alerting him that Sakura needed to contact him.

"Sakura is something wrong?" Calien asked.

"Daddy Pema has gone missing, did she head back to the inn?" Sakura asked a bit frantically.

"No she hasn't.....this is bad." Calien sighed.

"Can you go look for her in your area?" Sakura asked "We'll start looking everywhere else."

"Of course." Calien nodded as he put the stone down and started to exit the hotel.

"<As much as I don't want to, maybe I should ask the people at the Monastery to help too.>" Calien muttered.

"Okay Pema is not at the Inn but Daddy will start looking around his area." Sakura sighed.

"I'll help too, I feel partially responsible for this to be honest." Farah stated "Let me close up shop and get something that might help."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #478 on: February 01, 2015, 04:12:29 AM
"I'll have a look down that street over there, if I find her I'll meet you all back here?" Aya nods turning around swiftly. With urgency in her step Aya quickly made her way down the street looking for their lost companion.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #479 on: February 01, 2015, 04:51:07 AM
The Professor just blinked in confusion.  Looking around, he decided to follow Aya. "I, I, I think I'll assist.  I d-do know these streets quite well...  If Peam, if Peam is around, we should find her..."

He limped after Aya, but paused. "...What does this Peam look like?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #480 on: February 01, 2015, 04:52:46 AM
"She's short, has a blue dress, long light blue hair, and a funny hat!" Sakura cried. "And her name is Pema not Peam."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #481 on: February 01, 2015, 04:55:55 AM
"Right, right, Peam!" The Professor hollered back, obviously misunderstanding Sakura's shout.  He hobbled quickly after Aya.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: February 01, 2015, 04:57:45 AM
"Oh for the love of..." Fxeni muttered as he massaged his brow with one of his hands. "Lets find her before she gets herself into trouble. I'll see if I can track her down, hopefully before anyone else takes an interest in her. Last thing we need right now is an incident that could gather attention to us."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #483 on: February 01, 2015, 04:58:21 AM
Aya slows her pace so that the Professor could comfortably keep up. As the two made their way down the street they quickly realized it might be a challenge to find a single person in the crowds.
Stopping for a moment to think Aya glances down the nearby alley to her right.

"Professor do these alleys connect to the other streets?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: February 01, 2015, 05:02:07 AM
"Right, I just don't want Pema to get hurt." Sakura gulped.

Farah came out of the stand holding a chicken that was strangely blue.

"This is Cojiro." Farah told them "He's a special chicken that took years to breed to finally produce one."

"What's so special about him?" Sakura asked.

"He can fly, can't make eggs but he can fly." Farah replied.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #485 on: February 01, 2015, 05:08:46 AM
Aya slows her pace so that the Professor could comfortably keep up. As the two made their way down the street they quickly realized it might be a challenge to find a single person in the crowds.
Stopping for a moment to think Aya glances down the nearby alley to her right.

"Professor do these alleys connect to the other streets?"

The short monk nodded and started pointing. "That one, that one, that one connects to an alley that goes back out to the marketplace.  There's another one, farther down.  It connects to, to another street that, that goes out to the monastery.  Others... Others are d-dead ends."

He glanced at Aya, studying her face in silence for a very long moment before he blinks a few times. "Does this girl, does she have any... habits?  Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps she m-may have been bored, or hungry?  There's a tavern, down that way.  Down that alley, on a side street.  Little place.  Little tavern.  Been there a few times.  Good ale, good ale."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: February 01, 2015, 05:11:37 AM
Calien exited the inn and with a big gulp he head to the monastery to inquire for help.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: February 01, 2015, 05:13:37 AM
"Habbits? Hmm--she did seem rather bored on the trip here, always wanting to run around and do things when we stopped to rest. Do you think she would go to this "tavern"?" From the look on her face it's as if the word's meaning went over her head.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #488 on: February 01, 2015, 05:27:28 AM
"Closest place if she's hungry," the Professor gave a shrug, "We've, we've, we've no... cafes here.  Food is sold at m-market.  Dine at taverns, or inn.  No need for, for cafes.  We haven't many... visitors."

He pointed down the alleyway. "The tavern, the tavern, many youngfolk go there, to that one.  Off of the main road, yes.  The youngfolk there, they enjoy my creations, my work.  I could show them m-my lightning!"

As Calien approached the monastery, the monks had all but dispersed, save for a few friars who generally traveled the streets and at times collected for the poor.  These clergymen acted as a sort of standing guard for the monastery.

Noticing Calien's approach, one of the friars started walking toward him.  The dark-skinned middle-aged man wore the same simple robe as his shorter compatriot, only his was free of debris and burns.  He smiled as he approached. "Good day to you, Sir.  May I be of assistance?"

((Had to do some last-minute research.  Friars work among the laypeople, whereas monks are sequestered and self-sufficient.  The Prof is a monk, but he's a nutcase and goes about laypeople, so he'd technically be a friar.  But, he didn't take the same vows.  He's just a nut.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #489 on: February 01, 2015, 05:33:37 AM
"I have a problem my good man." Calien told him "I've been traveling with a group for a few days and my daughter just came back saying that the youngest one has gone missing around the market place.  She does have a habit of getting bored really easily and just can't sit still so I imagine she must have run off.  She also eats a lot for her age too so she may have been looking for food.

The point is I request some assistance to find her."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: February 01, 2015, 05:34:39 AM
Aya places her left hand on her hip and shifts her weight to that side as they discuss their options. "Children visit there often? It's worth a look then."

Aya nods in agreement with his suggestion and steps into the alley, poorly lit this time of day due to the angle of the sun. Aya felt a little nervous to step into such a dark claustrophobic pathway but there was no time to dwell on such fears.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #491 on: February 01, 2015, 05:44:17 AM
Fxeni decided to quietly search around the marketplace. He figured that Pema, in her boredom, decided to wander around and see what was around the area. He attempted to focus on her mana, but there was far too many people around to be able to pinpoint it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #492 on: February 01, 2015, 05:46:19 AM
Sakura with her athletic ability started to hop along high places while Farah held on to Cojiro and searched from the skies to her.  Yin searched from the shadows to make sure she didn't  cause a panic.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #493 on: February 01, 2015, 05:47:33 AM
Aya places her left hand on her hip and shifts her weight to that side as they discuss their options. "Children visit there often? It's worth a look then."

Aya nods in agreement with his suggestion and steps into the alley, poorly lit this time of day due to the angle of the sun. Aya felt a little nervous to step into such a dark claustrophobic pathway but there was no time to dwell on such fears.

The Professor gave a nod and rifled through his bag.  He pulled out a small cylinder and ripped the top off, exposing a bright flame that smelled strongly like phosphorus.  He turned and held it out to Aya with a beaming smile. "Pocket torch!"

Turning on his shod heel, he limped down the alley, lighting the way.

"I have a problem my good man." Calien told him "I've been traveling with a group for a few days and my daughter just came back saying that the youngest one has gone missing around the market place.  She does have a habit of getting bored really easily and just can't sit still so I imagine she must have run off.  She also eats a lot for her age too so she may have been looking for food.

The point is I request some assistance to find her."

The friar gave a chuckle and pointed toward the market. "Well, we have a number of food vendors there, but there's also a tavern over there--" he pointed toward a building beside the inn "--and another down behind there--" he pointed toward a side street leaving the marketplace.

"She's young, so perhaps she ventured into the market?  I can show you the food vendors and we can ask them.  They might have seen her.  One fellow sells sweets."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #494 on: February 01, 2015, 05:49:52 AM
"That might be a good idea, my daughter headed back to the last vendor she was at but Pema may have went to another." Calien agreed. "She also seems to like fruit as well."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #495 on: February 01, 2015, 06:01:33 AM
Aya smiles and takes the torch "Thank you, these alleys seem--well I would not want to travel them alone." Aya begins leading ahead of the Professor down the Alley following his earlier directions to the tavern.

((Not sure if you want to make your post soon WilyII?))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #496 on: February 01, 2015, 06:02:35 AM
(He said as soon as we leave town.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #497 on: February 01, 2015, 06:09:53 AM
((Well either way I think I'll break for tonight. Getting late. ))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #498 on: February 01, 2015, 06:15:43 AM
"That might be a good idea, my daughter headed back to the last vendor she was at but Pema may have went to another." Calien agreed. "She also seems to like fruit as well."

"Ah, well, we do have many fruit vendors.  Some come from the orchards in the South; they bring their wares here, as we pay well.  The air is too cold to grow certain fruit, so our Order has growers in the South.  The vendors go through them.  We've gotten quite a setup."

The friar led Calien to the marketplace and toward the food stalls.  "What kind of fruit does she like?  We have tropical fruits in season.  Pomegranates are very fresh.  Does she like sweet fruit?  That vendor near the end brings citrus from the South."

Aya smiles and takes the torch "Thank you, these alleys seem--well I would not want to travel them alone." Aya begins leading ahead of the Professor down the Alley following his earlier directions to the tavern.

((Not sure if you want to make your post soon WilyII?))

The Professor pointed to the torch. "My earliest, my earliest work.  I've m-made many types.  That one, that one, that one can burn for an hour.  I've others that can last an entire night!"

The short, hooded monk gestured excitedly as they made their way toward the tavern.  "You, you, you harness fire.  It's, it's a reaction!  If you know the reaction, you can harness it.  I've, I've experimented with f-fire... My first experiment.  Find what all can make fire.  Produce means to make fire.  Chemicals.  Reactions.  Combine them, mix them.  I can make fire burn on water!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #499 on: February 01, 2015, 06:19:07 AM
"Maybe the Apples." Calien stated. "She seems to be the type that likes fruit that can be eaten immediately."