The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 229936

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4775 on: March 20, 2016, 12:23:55 AM
(I like the idea of other cultures being brought in helps the world feel more like a lived in place.  :) )

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4776 on: March 20, 2016, 03:04:21 AM
(And so it begins... And I see this is the route taken... Good... Good... [eyebrow])

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4777 on: March 20, 2016, 03:17:55 AM
(Ominous!)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4778 on: March 21, 2016, 12:25:36 AM
(Oh hell, I just realised something.

In very broad terms, Xhai's a falcon and Toshi's a rabbit. That can't end well for anyone involved.....)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4779 on: March 21, 2016, 12:30:16 AM
(Emergency food supply?)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4780 on: March 21, 2016, 12:58:43 AM
(Mmm.....Xhai's still pretty much human, mindset-wise, so I don't think he'd ever actually attempt anything like that. Still gonna make for pre-tty damn awkward interactions, though.  XD )

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4781 on: March 21, 2016, 04:36:56 AM
(Oh hell, I just realised something.

In very broad terms, Xhai's a falcon and Toshi's a rabbit. That can't end well for anyone involved.....)

(I see where that's going. However, in terms of who's the prey here, it could go either way.)

Fear me.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4782 on: March 21, 2016, 02:27:05 PM
(I see where that's going. However, in terms of who's the prey here, it could go either way.)

(Makes for an interesting dynamic though, eh?)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4783 on: March 21, 2016, 02:45:24 PM
(Assuming he doesn't end up frost bitten, if the scales turn in Toshi's favor.)

Fear me.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4784 on: March 24, 2016, 12:35:13 AM
(Alright, let's see if I can push this little plotline/intro thing along a little....)

Unmapped Landmass, Location Unknown

Xhai fastened the traveller's cloak around his neck as he climbed the stairs to the Aviary. The Elder had told him that he'd be using a Warbird to travel to the mainland, but hadn't said much else. Xhai figured he'd have to choose one himself.

Stopping just short of the doors to the Warbird's roosts, he did a quick spot check to make sure everything he needed was present. Most of his preparations last night involved finding clothes that wouldn't look too out of place outside the temple. A simple black shirt, a pair of dark brown leather slacks and a pair of traveller's boots with steel plates over the shins had seemed like enough. He'd bandaged his hands and forearms to hide the scars he'd given himself when he'd started to learn the art of crafting a wind-blade, and he'd picked the hooded cloak almost as an afterthought. He'd no intention of trying to hide who or what he was, but it seemed like a good idea to have something that could hide his eyes in a crowded place. He'd heard stories from some of the other warriors that eyes like his weren't exactly common in the outside world, and he'd rather avoid awkward questions if he could help it.

Satisfied that everything was in order, he pushed the doors open and was surprised to find one of the larger hawks already saddled up and ready to go. He approached it slowly, and gently rested a hand against its neck. The hawk leant in at the touch, seemingly happy with the attention. Turning his head to stare out across the sea of clouds that dominated the open section of the room, he could barely keep himself from jumping with shock when a pair of hands clapped themselves over his eyes from somewhere behind him.

"Guess who~....!"

He couldn't help the amused snort that escaped him at the childish tone his "assailant" used. "Only you would do something like that, Maia."

She let him go, and he turned around to speak to her properly. It looked like she hadn't been awake long, her vibrant red hair was ruffled and missing the beads and feathers she normally worked into it, and her tunic was crumpled and coming loose at the belt. Stifling a yawn, she grinned at him, wings flapping in excitement. "I know, but you're the only one that still lets me get away with it, Xhai."

He laughed. "True, but then I never could say no to you, could I? Even as little kids I couldn't do anything BUT follow your lead." He fell silent for a moment, a smile on his face as the pair reminisced. "What're you doing here, anyway? You're not normally awake so early."

She shot him another grin. "One of the older warriors told me the Elder had finally given you a task. When he said you'd need a Warbird, I thought I'd do you a favour and get one ready for you. You have the worst taste in mounts, you know! I can't think of any other warrior who'd be happy to ride into battle on a pigeon, of all things."

He tilted his head, an expression of genuine curiosity on his face. "And what, exactly, is wrong with the pigeons? They're as capable a mount as any other."

Maia stuck her tongue out at him. "Nothing bad, I guess. They're fine for novices who just want to fly, but they're not particularly intimidating. Could you picture Lucius riding one?" Laughing at his defeated shrug, she calmed herself and adopted a more serious expression. "Really, though, promise me you'll be careful, alright? I know you've always been fascinated by stories of the world outside the Temple, but second-hand knowledge isn't the same as actually experiencing something." She studied him for a second. "You're not carrying any provisions or weapons?"

Xhai shrugged. "I don't wanna carry a bag full of gold around with me when I can scavenge what I need from the environment. Did you forget the survival training we did in the forests? Lucius said I had a knack for hunting."

She shot him a flat look. "He also said you were the only one dumb enough to sleep in the treetops when we had perfectly good sleeping bags available."

Another shrug. "Eh. Just means I won't need to worry about finding accomodation. If I can rough it here when better options are available, I'll be fine roughing it when better options aren't available, right?"

The hawk next to him gave an impatient cry, and his cheeks coloured with embarassment. "Well, seems he's getting cranky from all the waiting, so....." With practised ease, he hopped up onto the hawk's back and positioned himself as comfortably as he could in the saddle. He had no idea how long the flight would take, but he wanted to be able to nap without the risk of falling off mid-flight. Turning his attention back to his friend, he gave a jaunty salute. "Well, I'm off. See you when I get back from saving the world."

Maia nodded. "Yup! And when you DO get back, and you've finally got your wings, maybe we can go flying together....?"

He responded with a warm smile. "I'd like that."

He nudged the hawk with his foot, and it started moving towards the exit, wings already in motion in preparation for the flight. With a final wave to Maia, Xhai shifted his attention back to the open air in front of him, mind already running through his plans following his arrival on the mainland.

Maia watched the hawk as it disappeared over the horizon.

You'd better come back safe, Xhai. I can't shake the feeling that bad things are about to happen.....

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4785 on: March 24, 2016, 01:05:48 AM
(( Nice-i'll try to update here tomorrow too if I feel well enough to post.  X(  ))

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4786 on: March 24, 2016, 01:10:02 AM
(Hey, there's no rush. Hope you're feeling better soon.  :) )

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4787 on: March 31, 2016, 04:31:14 AM
The party joined by the newcomers finally set out into the city to finalize their preparation. They gather the needed foodstuffs and water and with the help of the town guard gather cart with a roof and a sturdy horse to get them to Siren's Call.

By midday they had made for the road-the trip was for the most part uneventful a few carts and passers by. The carriage is larger enough for three of them to be inside the small room on the back of the carriage two at the front and the rest on foot-taking turns help rest feet. They get about half way to their destination by nightfall and Aya currently sitting on the side next to the driver stretches her wings slightly stiff from the journey.

"It's getting dark-should we camp for the night?" she recommends slightly excited to stop and stretch.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4788 on: April 01, 2016, 12:50:12 AM
"I'm not against the idea," Fxeni replies, his legs a tad stiff. "Let's stop here."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4789 on: April 01, 2016, 01:38:20 AM
Aya hops off the side stretching allowing her wing span to extend fully before she unhooked the tent packs off the side of the cart. placing them down by the wheels she looks around for a decent open spot to start a fire-noticing a few rocks she begins to move them to make a decent set of seats. "Two should be able to fit inside the cart-rest of us will need to sleep in the tents I think." Aya comments as she preps the area for a fire on a sandy spot. "Who wants to get some wood?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4790 on: April 01, 2016, 01:49:51 AM
"I can go do that." Calien replied as Sakura got out of the cart to help Aya set up camp.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4791 on: April 01, 2016, 01:58:19 AM
Aya pointed Sakura to a dry spot-perfect for building a campfire on, she arranged some stones around the area and proceeded to move the larger ones with her help to make some seats. "Hopefully this weather holds out for the rest of our trip." Aya smiles to Sakura before turning to reach in the cart and pull out some food and water bags for dinner.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4792 on: April 01, 2016, 02:04:07 AM
"I hope so too, but Mother Nature can be a tricky mistress." Sakura replied.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4793 on: April 01, 2016, 02:41:51 AM
(Don't tempt me! 8D Nah, you'll have your fun later. [eyebrow])

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4794 on: April 01, 2016, 03:01:04 AM
"Looks pretty clear to me." Aya glances up at the sunset.

(XD)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4795 on: April 01, 2016, 03:10:58 AM
(... That's it. XD)

A gentle breeze blew across the campsite, providing a tiny bit of comfort from all that trekking earlier.

(And that's it. 8D)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4796 on: April 01, 2016, 03:56:17 AM
(an evil breeze)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4797 on: April 01, 2016, 03:59:47 AM
(Shhhhhhhhhhh it's gentle! >0<)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4798 on: April 01, 2016, 10:35:45 AM
(Evil can be gentle. Sometimes.

Um, I was gonna leave the timing of Xhai's intro up to everyone else, if that's cool? If someone spots his Warbird flying overhead at some point, that'll work. Or I can have him do his own thing for a while and meet up with the group through sheer coincidence. Whichever's easiest for you guys.  :) )

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4799 on: April 01, 2016, 11:17:44 AM
Florence yawned as she leaned up against the cart. "I'd chip in with the wood, but heavy lifting is... Not my... Thing." Clearly she had gotten over her hangover, since she was not speaking in complete, proper sentences. Stretching her arms, she scanned for the tallest tree in the immediate area, and started clambering up the branches. "I'll try and get us a vantage point, scout out for wildlife, water sources, the like. I'll help you two when I finish." She gestured to Aya and Sakura.

(Alternatively she can spot the warbird if you want to jump in Xhai.)