TGHoly · 17698

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 29, 2015, 06:18:49 PM
Thank you for add up. This's all info we earn and it alot lol. XD

[Glitch]
- Olympion bullet damage player when he shoot at collision.
- Zeta Image_Speed slow down after activate Thunder wall
- Neva Mega Cannon Beam dissapear when collide to enemy missile. [not in Demo]
- If player disable SFX in game and turn it on again level music will start along with main theme in same time.
- In Elevator Room of Ice Level player can get crush with Elevator if using special power. IMO we should change design of this room and keep this idea for other level.
- Death menu selection is confusion if player use keyboard to choose.
- Player can perform collision glitch allow them to bypass collision this can perform easy by erika flame kick at close range to collision and turn back when bounce off.
- Boss some time also stuck with collision and unable to move.
- If I jumped right at the edge of a platform while sprinting I would lose all speed and a few times this got me killed. I tried to replicate this and it happened consistently but only when doing it at the end of any platform.
- Mystic bug where player just die if they pause the game with enemy insid area too long.
- Sometime Erika die by using rolling flame collide to the crate.
- Menu bug when player open menu then switch between window/fullscreen and try to press ESC. this bug cause Option menu stuck on gameplay screen and unable to close down
- Zeta Flak Gun seem to work incorrect specialize when you shoot enemy enemy from close range it deal very low damage to target. currently it work best at Med range.
- Enemy Ai mess up after player resume the game from pause menu. [such as enemy that not support to fall from edge platform fall from it]
- Floating ladder push out player if they try to jump over it top while go up.

[Improvement need]
- Ice Mini Boss should expose his weak point little longer or Open shell animation should be run faster give more time to attack him. also his freeze range should be 1/3 shorter and see end range clearer.
- Zeta Thunder should be able to pirce enemy missile.
- Player should able to break from freeze status by press <----> fast enough.
- While player press Up/Down hey can be able to move camera and see area over/below them camera will move back to player once they release up/down button.
- I need to change color on some Spike in Ice level and give more animation for freeze trap
- Spray from freeze trap should be able to recognize range more clear.
- Shoot point of flak gun should be little closer to player.
- Bomber should away fly patrol left-right at position if player didn't come inside his engage range.
- Bomber carpet bomb should be able to kill off by player weapons
- Add "Restart" button before Exit button to Restart player at beginning of level without cost any Gem/Gear.
- For PC [only] Allow player to hold "Shift+Move" for sprint. [try to check it carefully make sure this input not conflict to --> --> key]
- Decrease duration of Neva Mega cannon power but increase damage output vs boss fo little = Neva Mega Cannon last shorter for little.
- Remove barrier from Ice boss while normal stand and give him while moving. since it's confuse player and make it not clear when they can attack him.
- We might consider to switch resolution from 480*320 which is base from out date Iphone 3G to 480*270 since it have more standard seem to have more support from many device without need of optimize. all we need to do just rework on game menu and UI. while keep map size and every thing in game the same.
- After Mini-Boss die Boss music should fade out and replace with Stage music.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:31:33 AM by TGHoly »

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 06:28:54 PM
I have a few other things to add.

- Some of the spikes in Stage 2 blended to well with their environment which led to some cheap deaths.
- Having to let go of the D-pad/analog stick and put it at neutral position to do Erika's blaze kick in mid-air really breaks to the flow of momentum and speed.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 06:33:43 PM
I have a few other things to add.

- Some of the spikes in Stage 2 blended to well with their environment which led to some cheap deaths.
- Having to let go of the D-pad/analog stick and put it at neutral position to do Erika's blaze kick in mid-air really breaks to the flow of momentum and speed.

yeah I need to do something with Pit and Spike to make player easier to recognize.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 07:30:15 PM
Sometimes I look at the long list of glitches and get annoyed, but then I realize this is super early into development and that making a game isn't all that easy.

I'm proud of you guys for staying on top of this. Don't get discouraged by the work ahead!

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: June 30, 2017, 09:08:37 AM
Hi again!

It's been long time but just want to let's you know the game still alive. :D
We've change engine to Game maker studios 2 and rework most part of the game which make it technically become different game from the demo tileset and character animations also improved.

Here's some gif animation capture during test show character in action.

Many people say Erika Power and weapons too much situation and hard to use now she come back with new weapons and power!

Zeta Power from demo seem little bit too strong so we nerf it.... (but still need to balance some more) but atleast player can upgrade it back to OP version in late game and just like Erika he also got new stuff in his arsenal.

Third Character "Neva" She can glide in the air!

Also ... We experiment "Gear" Mechanic in Metagal but seem like people hate it... so we scrap it in Metaloid and working on different mechanic include emergency HP recovery, Compare to Metagal We intent to make level this game more free roam and give large space for player to move around.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:02:20 PM by TGHoly »

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 04, 2017, 03:41:33 PM
Wow, this is a pretty cool concept! I wonder how I missed this topic before? Well I haven't been around here lately... too much FFXIV and other online games. And work... so much work.

Anyway you mentioned you're making this game in Game Maker Studio 2, correct? I was thinking of buying the engine on Steam so make my own dream games, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. How is the engine? I hear it's really good, but I've used RPG Maker XP and tested out VX and MV a bit so I understand how those programs work but not GMS2.

I wanted to make my own Mega Man X/Zero/ZX-esque style game and I got the idea for it, but I'm a little lost to making it if I get GMS2. Have any tips or know any tutorials to make one on GMS2?

First of all gameplay comes first, no point in having a beautiful world if the gameplay falls flat. And menus too... is it tricky to map everything together? Also you have controller setup too, right? Besides keyboard. Always preferred a controller to these types of games.

I'll be downloading the demo of your game as it looks like a ton of fun. I really like the artstyle as well. How many people are working on it?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 14, 2017, 12:10:58 AM
Hi thank for your interest in our project.

Yeah we make this game on GMS2 compare to GMS1 it's quite impressive, it's allow us compile/save project faster (which pretty annoy us in GMS1 i can say if we took that issue away we can even save 30% time of our developement :p ) and it have alot better Map editor (in GMS1 it simply unusable - - ) and much more new feature we not yet try... since

but since I'm not one who codding (I'm artist) I simply have no idea about how hard it's but if you know how to use previous game maker you should not have any problem to use GMS2 another choice is simply use drag&drop feature programe offer.

We have only 2 people working on the game at moment (1 Artist/1 Coder) and to be honest we both also not good world design/story telling which make us want to focus on gameplay than other part.

and yes the game will support controller in final version.

*** Photobucket change their policy now seem like I need to get other site to host my picture- -" **

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 03:03:20 AM
I see.

I never used GMS before and wanted to know more about it. Seeing as the coder isn't around I wanted to ask what tutorials they looked into to make a project like this, as I want to make a MM-like game as I love the Run and Shoot platformer games.

Thank you for answering my questions.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 14, 2017, 07:13:54 AM
There're several MM fangame that give you open source you can download and study their code if you want to. if you want to make other kind of game  there're ton of tutorial on youtube you can learn.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 14, 2017, 05:59:18 PM
Well it's mainly a MM-type of game, but more faster-pace and abilities involved. Kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog speed, but not that fast.

More like what the MM fangame, MM: Corrupted, a bit with it's gameplay style. Except it's not Open World. I'll look for these tutorials to build the ideal Run and Shoot platformer game I want.

So how fun is it to use GMS2 to make your own games?

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 14, 2017, 07:33:25 PM
Well it's mainly a MM-type of game, but more faster-pace and abilities involved. Kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog speed, but not that fast.

More like what the MM fangame, MM: Corrupted, a bit with it's gameplay style. Except it's not Open World. I'll look for these tutorials to build the ideal Run and Shoot platformer game I want.

So how fun is it to use GMS2 to make your own games?

I'm mostly working on pixel art and didn't touch GMS2 myself, It's fun to design my own game but when you have time and money invole can't deny it made me frustrate some time... make game today isn't so hard but to finish it under scadule and make people reconize your game still tough.

If you want to make game you not alway need to be codder if you have game development relate skill like pixel art , 3D modeling or drawing you can just looking for coder who share your idea to work with you and that's the way I did...

Even If I have enough skill to do everything by my self I still prefer to get people working on some part for me anyway since working on Character Design, Gameplay Design ,World Design , Environment Design, Codding , Level Design, Music , PR , Support just too much... It'll be miracle if I can even make it pass prototype XD.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: August 27, 2017, 01:15:01 AM
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbk8teYU-6o&t=22s[/youtube]

We got nothing new about this game for 2 year now we ready to show some gameplay from lastest version of Metaloid Origin include new level.

The game now run at 60FPS increase from previos version which fix at 30FPS also with full controller support and design for 16:9 screen (480x270 resolution).

despire we put the game on hold for 2 year but we still remember feed back from your people (also from Metagal) and improve this game follow those list , Engine and graphic got overhul entirely while still keep our original art style.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 29, 2017, 03:07:13 AM
Looking good! I anticipate seeing more, and a demo if you will do one.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: November 12, 2017, 10:59:16 PM
Update some characters artwork and main bosses. :D
there're some other characters left I'm not ready to show them off.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: March 07, 2018, 10:20:46 PM
Forget to update. :p

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: January 07, 2019, 12:24:13 AM
Hi again!
Just want to announce our steam page is ready and show lastest trailer of the game.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAsMc1NUi40[/youtube]

Thank again to everyone who play 2015 demo [and support Metagal] give us feedback we can use to guide direction of the game.  ;)

You can visit Our steam page and forum here.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/974390/Metaloid__Origin

We also plan to release the game on console.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: January 07, 2019, 05:02:33 PM
Consider it wishlisted.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: January 24, 2019, 05:23:53 PM
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouv7uTK572E[/youtube]

Thank to our Musician "Kamil Sudrajat" from Happy Friend Game Music without his help we would unable to affort great music like this for Both Metaloid Origin and Metagal!

[You visit his soundcloud here for listen some full version] :)
https://soundcloud.com/kamilsudrajat