Aloha AOHA! ALPHA OMEGA HOENN ADVENTURE!

Quickman · 36128

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #100 on: November 13, 2014, 04:58:04 AM
"Wha-at hap-pened?  Where... am I...?"

*Hypno looked around to try to pinpoint the voice, but was unsuccessful.  Using his right arm, he shifted himself until he was raised up on his elbows.  He couldn't make out any details beyond the bed he was in, but with how the voice echoed, he assumed that the room was somewhat large and sparse.*

"Who's... there?"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: November 13, 2014, 05:07:28 AM
"Don't you remember? You were doing your physical training at the clinic... And then, you agreed to my little proposal..."

The voice seemed to approach Prof. Hypno, and soon, he could see a silhouette... A familiar silhouette with a top hat.

"However, not soon after your training, you had a terrible seizure... The Pokemon Center tried their very best, but it seemed that their equipment was... Lacking. After some paperwork, they allowed me to bring you out of external help... Namely... Mine."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #102 on: November 13, 2014, 05:15:43 AM
*Hypno stared at him, puzzled.  He could recall leaving the lab to go to physical therapy, and he could recall the proposal.  He could recall stopping to get dinner, but after that, everything was a blur.*

"How long... was I out?"

*Thinking, he could remember only vague impressions.  At some point, he had that proposal under consideration, but he couldn't quite remember exactly when.*

*Testing his limbs, he attempted to sit up, but couldn't find the strength, falling back down.  His left limbs ached, and he idly wondered just how long they had been left contracted without any sort of intervention.  Putting his braces on was going to be extremely uncomfortable.  Going without made walking nearly impossible.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: November 13, 2014, 05:20:51 AM
"You were out for days... Almost a week. I was afraid that your braces would be an inconvenience during that time... But it might seem that my calculations were... Off."

Mr. P was soon clearly visible within Prof. Hypno's sight.

"But not to worry. I have contingencies... And you would be surprised by them..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #104 on: November 13, 2014, 05:32:26 AM
"Cal-cu-la-tions...?"

*Hypno raised an eyebrow in confusion.  He had lost an entire week?  No wonder he couldn't find any strength to move; his only good muscles had started to atrophy!*

"Where... am I?  Wha-at... con-tingen-cies?"

*He once again tried to sit up, but was once again unsuccessful.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: November 13, 2014, 05:38:57 AM
"You are in one of my previous backing's lab. He was such a genius... As for contingencies... Remember your designs for an improved harass-braces system?"

Mr. P walked up to behind Prof. Hypno, helping him to turn to face the back. There was something under a white sheet, to which Mr. P pulled away... Revealing said system... Exactly as Prof. Hypno had designed it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #106 on: November 13, 2014, 05:53:23 AM
Taylor briefly wondered if Darunia was one of the monochromatic Pokemon, but then dismissed the thought as it would be hard to tell considering Pangoros are already monochromatic.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: November 13, 2014, 05:55:35 AM
(Unless his twig IS monochromatic. D:)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #108 on: November 13, 2014, 06:16:35 AM
(Good point)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #109 on: November 13, 2014, 07:52:46 AM
(Beware the monochrome twig... D: )

"You are in one of my previous backing's lab. He was such a genius... As for contingencies... Remember your designs for an improved harness-braces system?"

Mr. P walked up to behind Prof. Hypno, helping him to turn to face the back. There was something under a white sheet, to which Mr. P pulled away... Revealing said system... Exactly as Prof. Hypno had designed it.

*Hypno stared at it in disbelief.  It was all there; his design brought to life.  The arms of the mannequin were held in the perfect equilibrium that Hypno had pictured, yet they weren't restrained, as evidenced by the slight bouncing produced when the sheet was ripped away.  The tension in the elastic bands were perfect to simulate weightlessness!  There were so many who could benefit from it!*

"You... built it..."

*He designed it so that it could be made cheaply, and he wanted so much to be able to build it.  He had to build it, as he had made a promise for someone.  At the therapy center, there was a Kirlia who suffered from a type of muscular weakness that prevented the use of her arms.  Her Trainer was told that she may never be able to even lift her arms high enough to touch her own head.  Therapy for her was intense, but her Trainer couldn't provide the right type of therapy at home, and the center itself was ill-equipped to help her improve.  The Kirlia simply could not wear human orthoses.*

*So, Hypno set to work on designing an orthopedic device that would fit the Kirlia, and that she could wear away from the therapy center.  Providing her weakened arms with an exterior set of muscles would greatly help her to develop her own.  Hypno designed it to be lightweight and unobtrusive—the Kirlia could still go about her daily activities without it getting in the way.  The materials to make it would be low-cost and easy-to-find, with the actual braces themselves made with a 3D printer.*

*His own work had prevented him from building the appliance.  But, there in front of him was his invention.  His creation.  He could make that Kirlia's life better.*

"I can... save her now..."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: November 13, 2014, 08:34:04 AM
Mr. P smirked.

"The materials were quite easy to find... But I must say that the inner workings were a marvel to work with. Your genius knows no bounds, Prof. Hypno. And you can only benefit others... If you benefit yourself."

Mr. P slowly removed the system from the mannequin, and held it up in front of Prof. Hypno.

"All yours..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #111 on: November 13, 2014, 10:32:12 AM
*Hypno stared at it.  He didn't design it for him; he designed it for the Kirlia.  The device was to aid both arms.  However, he wasn't in much of a position to refuse, and his braces were missing.  He could use it on his left arm, but that left the problem of dealing with his leg.*

*With his right hand, he took the device and fussed with it for a few minutes to remove just the left-arm brace.  Now the hard part was putting it on, as his spastic muscles and joints curled his arm into an unnatural position.  After a week without correction, the limb was especially tight and painful.*

"I may... ne-ed some help..."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: November 13, 2014, 01:00:07 PM
"Right, of course..."

Mr. P slowly eased Prof. Hypno's left arm into the brace. He could hear grunts of pain, it had been almost a week after all. Once aligned properly, Mr. P helped to strap the brace onto Prof. Hypno's left arm.

"It should be uncomfortable now... But soon... You will be free..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #113 on: November 14, 2014, 02:37:59 AM
*Hypno looked from the brace, to Mr. P, and then flopped backwards on the bed in utter exhaustion.  He had been unconscious for a week, he had no energy, but the device he wanted to build had been built.*

*It took a moment for Mr. P's last words to finally register.  Hypno turned his head toward him.*

"Wha-at do you mean... fre-ee?"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: November 14, 2014, 02:55:45 AM
Mr. P smiled.

"Why... Free to do whatever research and projects that you wanted to do, but had no time for previously... Free to complete all of them without hindrance or objections... Free to explore even more revolutionary mechanics... Free from your old weak self..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #115 on: November 14, 2014, 04:05:10 AM
"Free..."

*Hypno repeated the word to himself.  He could do anything now.  He could build anything.  He could help anyone.  No longer would he be limited to data entry, running errands, and doing the busywork that no one else wanted to do.  The other scientists underestimated him; Hemlock especially.  Hemlock frequently admonished him for using equipment that he didn't think Hypno knew how to use, or even using the robot that he built.*

*The robot.  Ever since its theft, Hypno had been working on another.  He had procured a decorative animatronic figure, and had it stripped down to its endoskeleton.  The hard-coded brain was ripped out, and Hypno had already installed a new core, complete with open-source programming so that he could customize its actions.  He hadn't had the time to do much else with it, so the robot lay in pieces in his own lab, along with his other projects.*

"I ne-ed to... get to my... lab."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:14 AM
"That can be easily arranged. And since I have already provided the funding they need, the Professors are very busy with their... Pokerus research. Mulberry was worried about you... Can't say the same for Hemlock."

Mr. P then smirked.

"Do you want to tell them our arrangement personally?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #117 on: November 14, 2014, 04:51:28 AM
"Not that lab... My lab..."

*When not working, Hypno resided in a care home.  The residents there generally ignored him, and the staff was only there to help him do things.  The building was an older one, with a number of disused rooms.  Hypno had found one of them and converted it into a workspace for his projects.  It was accessible from the outside, so he was able to sneak his found objects inside without the residents and staff noticing.*

"My other pro-jects are... in my lab... my o-ther robot."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: November 14, 2014, 05:10:20 AM
Mr. P appeared genuinely shocked when he heard that Prof. Hypno had another lab.

"Oh!? How exciting! I seriously thought that other place was just your living quarters! Well then, that makes things simpler. Once you put on the leg brace, we will head over there, and pick up the pieces!"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #119 on: November 14, 2014, 06:16:14 AM
*Hypno nodded slowly and pulled himself up into a sitting position.  He didn't move beyond that for a while, as he was tired.  Mr. P didn't quite realize just how fatigued and weak he was.  Being unconscious for a week would not result in a rested body.  Without stimulation, his good muscles would atrophy, while his bad muscles and contracture deformities would worsen.  His seizure also left him very sore, confused, and with memory loss.*

*After a long moment, Hypno fussed with his brace and eased his leg into it; positioning his twisted and rigid ankle into place and strapping it in.  Pain shot down the back of his leg as he lengthened his contracted calf and straightened his knee.  After securing the brace, he sat there, panting.  Getting his projects from the care home was going to be an ordeal.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: November 14, 2014, 07:30:50 AM
Upon seeing Prof. Hypno's panting, Mr. P paused to think. This condition was underestimated... But his plan is very close to fruition... To rise again from the ashes...

"Looks like you are all tuckered out... How about I go alone?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #121 on: November 14, 2014, 07:49:03 AM
"The base-ment... behind the old fre-ezer, there's a door.  My pro-jects are in there."

*Taking a moment to gather some energy, Hypno worked on flexing his legs.  While Mr. P was gone, he planned to get up and start moving around.  He was too weak to go on an excursion to the care home, but he could summon enough strength to work on regaining the rest of it.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: November 14, 2014, 08:04:25 AM
"Duly noted. It shouldn't take too long... But... Just in case..."

Mr. P went back to where the mannequin was, and reached for the wall behind it. With a flick, the room they were in lit up, slightly blinding the two. To a near corner, there was a treadmill, and a short flight of artificial stairs.

"You can use those equipment to try a bit of training. From you expression, you looked eager and apprehensive at the same time... But don't worry about it. I'll bring all your projects."

As Mr. P turned to make his way out, he suddenly remembered something.

"Is there anything else that you want me to bring, or do for you when I'm out?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #123 on: November 14, 2014, 08:30:22 AM
*Hypno tried to think, but couldn't seem to penetrate the fog that still hung over his mind.  There was something, but he couldn't recall what.  He would like to reclaim his first robot, but stealing it was out of the question.*

"Tell... Tell Mulberry that I'm... awake."

*He wasn't strong enough to speak to Mulberry personally, but he could at the very least have Mr. P deliver some good news.*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: November 14, 2014, 08:43:34 AM
"Alright. You take care now!"

As Mr. P exited the room, his smirk grew wider.

"Oh... I will tell Mulberry alright... ... What... Great news I have for him..."

And with that, he got on the car, and drove his way back to the Littleroot Lab... It was in the afternoon, plenty of light left.