RPM-Adventure!

Blue Valkyrie · 38709

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:00 AM
Reva chuckles at Serah's reaction "It's been so long since Zepter vanished into the fog that it's hard to tell how true any of these legends really are, I'm sure it's just a story meant to scare kids and nothing more."  Reva pauses "Then again no one that goes into the fog ever comes back so...who knows?"

Reva nods to Luna "Name is Reva, you heading into the fog too?"

"Indeed I am" Luna replied, "As for my reason on pursuing such a perilous quest, well, I was sent by my King to retrieve Zepter's treaures. My Kingdom isn't quite as prosperous as it once was and our allies have severed their ties with us. Some have left in hopes of a better place to support their families, others are more loyal and have stayed with us through the worst of times. With Zepter's vast treasure, my Kingdom has a chance to stand tall, once again."

She took a rather frightening gulp of Ale, "So, that's the reason why I'm here."

"Though what are we to do about healing?" Talyn pondered. "It seems most of us are geared for war..."

"I actually know a few healing spells," Luna raised her hand.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44:06 AM
"But we know not of the state of Zepter's treasure. For all we know we could get there and the treasury will be full of naught but dust. That is a risk you are willing to take for your kingdom, right?" Talyn asked.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 09:51:23 AM
"Yes, that is true," Luna nodded, "I am fully ready to take that risk for the good of my people."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 09:53:58 AM
"Ah, I see. Well in that case, it's time to party," she replied calmly. "Errmm... Prospero, was it?" she asked, turning to the wizard. "What say you to this party? Shall we get it started?"

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 10:22:41 AM
"Oh goodness, how rude of me. Here I am with my mouth flapping, and I haven't introduced myself," She cleared her throat, "Thy name is Luna. A great pleasure to meet you all."

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 01:50:05 PM
(Wow so much has happened, while I was asleep. I curse the horrible night for this delay. I'm a little rusty on the details since I might have to throw our next companion on the way to Zepter. Any ideas on how to resolve this.)

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 02:49:03 PM
(Wow so much has happened, while I was asleep. I curse the horrible night for this delay. I'm a little rusty on the details since I might have to throw our next companion on the way to Zepter. Any ideas on how to resolve this.)

(Could always meet in Zepter or on the way to the fog wall that's not far from the town)

"So everyone is in agreement then? Lets head out tomorrow morning then after we buy some supplies; we'll need a decent amount of food and water who knows the state of zepter once we get there."

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 06:05:28 PM
(Right fog wall it is then, but probably half way to Zepter. Let me just give a typical bio to start things off.)

Kaitlin
Class: Blue Mage
Race: Rev
Weapon: Light Saber (not talking about Star Wars here)
Magic: None, but will learn techniques exclusive to monsters on the way.

A foreign adventurer seeking knowledge from sources outside Ivalician lore. Kaitlin is often shy and keeps to herself, although willing to socialize if the mood sets in. She wields a saber with a blade that illuminates so brightly as if it was made out of pure light, which was given to her by her mentor to aid her in her quest for knowledge. She also carries a blank Grimoire, said to acquire knowledge from creatures she may encounter. Her tail by the way is oddly shaped like a cat o'nine, due to an excessive exposure to the fog (kinda wish it was called mist). She is on pursuit with a sky pirate named Karn, believed to be after the "Crown of the Beast King", which she assumes to be related to late dynast-king.

Crossing the thick fog towards the Zeptor kingdom. A lone woman dressed in a rather revealing blue garb with a blue mask across the eyes, stops by a nearby tree in order to gain her bearings of her location. Not before long as she then notices a familiar airship fly by.

"Don't get cocky with me Karn." she mutters to herself, "Don't expect your expedition to go smoothly, because I'm on to you." as she follows the airship, knowing for certain it was heading towards Zepter's direction. Not long before a goblin approaching her in an attempt to mug her.

"Hand over the gil, nice and slowly lassie, and I may go easy on ya." says the goblin.

"Sorry to disappoint you but I don't carry any sort of cash on me, to deal with the likes of you." replies the lone woman in a soft tone.

"Well that's just too bad. Now cough up the dough or start coughing up blood." says the grumpy goblin.

"How 'bout, no?" she replies, looking unfazed by the goblin's threat.

"THAT'S IT! YOU ASKED FOR IT." the goblin charges for the woman clenching his fist, "TAKE THIS! GOBLIN PUNCH!!"

The woman quickly pulls out her saber from its sheath, attempting to guard against the goblin's assault as the mere attack is suddenly canceled out by a magic shield upon impact.

"What!?" the responds in surprise as his attack was hardly effective. Not long before the woman swipes her blade at the goblin knocking him off his feet.

"It's useless. Just because I look frail, doesn't mean I'm helpless." she talks in a stern voice "Now before I go let me show you a little trick I learned just now, for wasting my time." she clenches her left fist before charging back at the grounded goblin.

"No! Not the face, AARGH...!"

(I'm going to cut it short here, while I try come up with something different.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 08:43:56 PM
"That sounds good to me, but I must find a place for my horse to rest tonight." Sarah stated.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 08:49:24 PM
"I just need to get a room. Those bandits wore me out a little bit..." Talyn explained. "I bid you all a good night," she added as she got up to procure a room.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 09:05:10 PM
"Ay, you all get some rest. It will be quite the journey." Prospero said. "I think I've got some room for some more ale though!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 09:07:46 PM
"I must ask how you can stomach something with such a foul taste." Sarah said dryly.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 12, 2014, 09:12:49 PM
"Ale is a...acquired taste." *Reva takes another drink before focusing on her food.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 12, 2014, 09:14:56 PM
"It's a party, my dear! People like to have fun and this foul tasting drink helps people do that!" Prospero said. "You are still young and shy. Perhaps journeying with us will open you up a bit! HAHAHAHA!!! Now go and rest, for we have a mighty quest ahead of us!"

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 09:16:46 PM
"Assuming the fog doesn't just consume us." Reva chuckles returning to her food, seems she'll stay up a little longer before heading to bed if anyone wanted to inquire to her own goals.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 09:17:13 PM
"Very welll....." Sarah sighed "I'll go rest."

With that Sarah went outside to her horse Yin to find a resting place for her.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 09:24:35 PM
Talyn went up the stairs in the inn to find her room. Fortunately it was one with a view. She laid on the bed (which was placed below the window) and stared outside at the fog.

"Zeptar... Apparently it's somewhere in there... Along with a relic stolen from my people long ago... I wonder if getting that will be enough to be allowed to rejoin them..." she mused. "Though after what I did, I doubt that..."

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 09:31:13 PM
"So, Reva. What are you expecting out of the journey if you don't mind me asking?" Prospero asked before taking a swig of his ale!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 09:41:22 PM
Sarah found Yin a stable for her to rest for the night, after giving her a carrot and telling about the journey they were going on tomorrow she headed back to the inn.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 09:57:35 PM
"So, Reva. What are you expecting out of the journey if you don't mind me asking?" Prospero asked before taking a swig of his ale!

Reva ponders the question for a moment "I don't have a personal reason like the others really, my father would tell me stories of his adventurers when I was a young lass, exploring the sand seas and outwitting the banshees, or discovering the sunken kingdom and evading a sleeping dragon..I suppose adventure is in my blood. But to answer your question, I'm curious to see if the Beast King's crown is what the legends claim, long ago Zepter was the source of magic power in the world and then poof gone lost in that fog. I mean you have to wonder what really happened right?"

Reva smiles "How about you, what started your life of adventuring for lost magics and relics?"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 10:02:37 PM
As she drifted off to sleep, Talyn thought about the lost kingdom. "Zepter... sounds kinda like scepter... Wonder if there's a Scepter of Zepter... That would be funny..."

And then she was passed out.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 10:06:18 PM
Reva smiles "How about you, what started your life of adventuring for lost magics and relics?"

"A quest for knowledge of the dark arts, mainly. The arcane has always been a source of interest for me since my mother was a powerful sorceress. She passed away a few years ago, and I'm just following in her footsteps." Prospero said as he put his mug down on the table. "As you say, Zepter was once the source of incredible magical power in the realm, and I wish to see it for myself!"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:45 PM
Sarah went to the counter to check into a room when she heard Prospero's reasons for going to Zepter.

"I must wonder why so many people are so drawn to the allure of this lost civilization even though so many have never returned." Sarah thought "Fools, all of them fools.  Yet I myself am a fool as well for thinking my parents are alive, but until I find proof, I cannot give up on the possibility."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 10:21:55 PM
"A quest for knowledge of the dark arts, mainly. The arcane has always been a source of interest for me since my mother was a powerful sorceress. She passed away a few years ago, and I'm just following in her footsteps." Prospero said as he put his mug down on the table. "As you say, Zepter was once the source of incredible magical power in the realm, and I wish to see it for myself!"

"We'll have to trade stories over the bonfire on our trip, you've must have seen some interesting things on your travels." Reva finishes her ale "Well, best go get some sleep, tomorrow is the big day." she slips out from her chair picking up her blade and shield "Thanks again for the ale, night." Reva after saying goodnight heads up to get some sleep.

((Anyone else have anything to do before the next day?))

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: August 13, 2014, 12:07:44 AM
Lina noticed a man in an apron coming over to the table with a bowl in his hand. Through all this talk of fables and magic, she forgot that she ordered food.

"Well, I did tell the Innkeeper to surprise me with whatever meal they cook up. Guess they delivered a little too well on that," She laughed.

"Here you go. Snake soup, hope you like it," He handed it to her.

"By the Gods, it's been quite a while since I had snake meat," Luna scooped a piece of soup-covered snake meat and promptly shoveled it into her mouth.

"Mmm, why, it's just how I remembered it! Succulent and tender!" Luna was about to go for another spoonful when she glanced at Prospero.

"Oh, haha, sorry. I can be somewhat of a slob sometimes!" She chuckled nervously.