Blue Valkyrie's Stuff

Blue Valkyrie · 81200

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #675 on: November 02, 2015, 10:13:04 PM
I actually think the Etrian Odyessey track would be perfect for the Final Boss.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: November 02, 2015, 10:16:06 PM
Final Boss track I'll worry about when we get that far-still kinda deciding how I want to handle the ending of the story.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #677 on: November 02, 2015, 10:18:05 PM
Okay then what more would we need for right now?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #678 on: November 02, 2015, 10:20:08 PM
I think we still need a battle theme.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #679 on: November 02, 2015, 10:22:04 PM
Something in a similar style to our selected boss and major boss themes though. I'll have to toss out my original choice.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: November 02, 2015, 10:39:08 PM
So the Etriain Odyssey and the confirmed Boss tracks?  I'll try to see what I can find, so far the only thing that pops into my head are the normal battle theme in Radiant Historia, Blue Radiance, and the battle theme from FF5.  I wouldn't be sure if you would want a second Radiant Historia track in there and I admit the FF5 battle theme would be a big stretch to work.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #681 on: November 02, 2015, 11:37:34 PM
Oh no I meant a SMT track for the battle theme. I like the other ones.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #682 on: November 02, 2015, 11:41:03 PM
Ah okay then.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #683 on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:46 PM
You mean something like this?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmbF7E0F0s[/yt]

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #684 on: November 04, 2015, 12:42:26 AM
You mean something like this?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmbF7E0F0s[/yt]

Oh I was going to use the SMT IV battle them (first one), I do love that theme too though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #685 on: November 04, 2015, 12:45:36 AM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs[/yt]

This should play in the background of every PB solo scene!  8D

(I'm kidding.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: November 04, 2015, 12:56:40 AM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs[/yt]

This should play in the background of every PB solo scene!  8D

(I'm kidding.)

Haha  XD

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #687 on: February 23, 2016, 07:02:23 AM
Had to start from scratch due to old laptop dying but It let me get rid of some stuff that I wasn't happy with.

Working with a map-and seeing how each character animated in action (character creator isn't perfect and I had to fix a few things). Biggest change to the heros is Aya and Sakura who have completely new designs.

Little image issues there-but yeah haven't added door events into Aya's home village of Omi yet-but Aya and the others just wandering around again.

For the time being I decided to use the first person view over side view, I'm not overly happy with the side view battlers; they are very limited in animation and way to big for most monster sprites I'd want to use. Anyway, this shot has Aya using her first special tech known as Snap Punch-the skill inflicts some physical damage as well as Stun-if used before an enemy can act Aya can cancel the enemy's attack out right-however the target will be inflicted with a hidden status effect that makes them immune to Stun for 3-5 turns after to prevent spam and more tactical use.

Aya is using her second tech "Touch of Death" a skill that inflicts low physical damage but inflicts a DOT (damage over time) effect (Think poison). Deals about 1% of a target's hp at the start of each turn.

Will be spending the next bit of free time I can to get the party's abilities down, I'll post them up as I go so if you feel I missed anything for your characters you can tell me.  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: February 23, 2016, 07:55:10 AM
These are awesome!!!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #689 on: February 23, 2016, 02:39:26 PM
Thanks!

Here's at the moment confirmed skill list for Greg, also Final Fantasy 14 Machinists were the inspiration for most of Greg's theme in Legacy of Arcadia. 8D

In battle Greg uses a magitech rifle-he inflicts the third highest physical damage of the whole party-his offensive skills inflict mostly physical damage but also several status effects and debuffs. Greg's defensive skills mostly involve self buffs and skills that increase the chance of enemies targeting him over his allies. His Magic abilities are pure healing-they have higher potency than Phi's but cost more than hers.

Greg can also switch between Normal and Mana ammo allowing his attacks to be effective regardless of enemy defenses. Mana ammo raises his physical attack damage but also slowly drains his mana over time-granting him a burst damage mode at the cost of his MP reserves. Regular Ammo removes the damage buff and MP drain effect as well as reverting his attacks to pure physical.

(May add new skills if I feel Greg or any other character needs a buff.)

Greg's Offensive Skills
------------------------

Slug Shot - Inflicts physical damage, and stun.
Lead Shot - Inflicts physical damage, and poison damage over time effect.
Leg Graze - Inflicts physical damage, and slow.
Meltdown - Inflicts magical damage and reduces physical and magical defense for three turns.
Ricochet - Inflicts physical damage to five random foes-high critical chance.

Greg's Defensive Skills
------------------------

Raging Strikes - Raises Greg's offensive damage and Critical hit chance for five turns.
Overclock - Increases the damage of greg's next physical attack by 30%.
Hawk Eye - Increases chance of hitting by 100% for five turns.
Basic Ammo - Causes Greg's status to return to normal.
Mana Ammo - Causes Greg's physical attack to increase by 50%, MP will drain by 10% each turn.
Prevoke - Increases emnity for five turns. (Higher chance enemies will target him)
Personal Shield - Increases Defense and Magic Defense by 50% and increases Emnity-Reduces Agility and Physical Attack by 50%.

Greg's Defensive Magic
--------------------------

Heal - Recovers health to one ally (More Potent than Phi's Physick skill but costs more SP)
Medica - Recovers health to all allies. (heals less than Heal and Physick)
Leeches - Removes negative status effects from an ally.
Purifying Wind - Negates Status effects for three turns.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #690 on: February 23, 2016, 06:03:50 PM
I approve of the use of guns to debilitate enemies.  Also guns being useful in RPGs.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: February 23, 2016, 09:51:27 PM
Ooooooh I like I like!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #692 on: February 23, 2016, 10:11:37 PM
I approve of the use of guns to debilitate enemies.  Also guns being useful in RPGs.

I second that!

Onto Sakura!

Wielding a sword in battle and powerful offensive magic Sakura is a competent physical attacker-possessing the second highest rate only second to Aya. Sakura's true damage output comes from her spells-she has the simplest move set of the four however all her spells have useful effects either in raw damage-crowd control, buffing her self or debuffing her foes.

Fire Ball and EarthQuake deal basic damage to single and multiple targets and nothing more-While Wind Cutter and Icicle Missile give Sakura so options in dealing with enemy resistances as well as a handy DoT, Draw Mana gives Sakura a quick self recovery for her SP while her buffs enhance her already strong magic power. Aether Flow and Dam work the same as before-one giving her even greater damage output in return for heavy SP costs-and the other all but removing all her damage output in favor of regenerating SP for as long as the effect is active.

In Short Sakura lacks the utility that Phi and Greg possesses but her pure damage potential is arguably the strongest of the whole party. The ability to keep her SP topped up with no items is a huge help to keeping her damage going at it's peek.

Sakura's Offensive Magic
------------------------------

Fire Ball - Inflicts high magical damage to a single target
Earth Quake - Inflicts magical damage to all targets
Wind Cutter - Inflicts magical damage to one target and inflicts the Bleed status effect for five turns.
Icicle Spear - Inflicts magical damage to one target and destroys physical and magical defensive buffs.
Draw Mana - Inflicts magical damage to one target-restores SP based on damage.
Death Flare - Inflicts massive magic damage to all foes but drains all of Sakura's SP.

Sakura's Defensive Magic
----------------------------

Swift Cast - Raises Sakura's Agility by 50% for three turns.
Stone Skin - Raises Sakura's defense by 50% for three turns.
Focus - Raises Sakura's magic attack by 10% for three turns.
Aether Flow - Doubles Sakura's magic attack power but doubles her spell costs. (Cancels Aether Dam)
Aether Dam - halfs Sakura's magic attack power grants her 40% regeneration of SP. (Cancels Aether Flow)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #693 on: February 23, 2016, 11:14:44 PM
Interesting and balanced skill-set, there.

Can't believe I haven't offered any comments on your work before. This looks like it could be a lot of fun!  8)

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #694 on: February 24, 2016, 12:13:47 AM
No worries-I admit I haven't been that active on it as of late.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #695 on: February 24, 2016, 12:17:01 AM
Awesome I like how it's much more simple now and that Aether Dam does actually have a drawback to using unlike how it was before.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #696 on: February 24, 2016, 01:12:51 AM
This is shaping up beautifully, awesome job, Blue!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #697 on: February 24, 2016, 01:20:49 AM
Wow, everything has been very well thought out... Really digging the skill sets.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #698 on: February 24, 2016, 02:30:31 AM
Awesome I like how it's much more simple now and that Aether Dam does actually have a drawback to using unlike how it was before.

Ather Dam was kinda broken before wasn't it?  XD

Wow, everything has been very well thought out... Really digging the skill sets.

Thanks-thought it was more interesting to have skills based on their talents rather than just having generic spells-more personality that way.

This is shaping up beautifully, awesome job, Blue!

Yay because your up next!  8D

The core of Phi and her psyonic move set is "Utility", for while Phi has neither Aya's brute physical strength nor Sakura's raw magical power she makes up for this for simply being able in ever situation-able to aid and debilitate at a moment's call. Offensively Phi can deal damage with her bread and butter single target spell "Ruin" that while weaker than Sakura's Fireball actually reduces the target's magic resist helping herself and Sakura deal even higher damage in the long run-Pain inflicts a potent DoT that deals greater damage and lasts longer than the other party member's own versions. Sap grants Phi a means to restore her own SP while Lethargy can both slow and sleep a target. Her Kenisis skills allow her to inflict magic damage and other status effects and Dots giving her a total of three stackable damage over time effects (one top of the other party members) giving Phi a massive damage over time potential. Her Final offensive spell Mind Break deals larger damage and reduces the target's magical offensive capabilities.

Phi's Psionic magic spells also have a variety of positive effects too. Physick restores hp to a single target albeit at less potency than Greg's Heal while Restoration will revive a downed ally, Purify removes a negative status effect and Regenerate will restore a target's hp over time. Aura Field adds a defense and magic defense buff to the party and finally calm mind raises the cost of Phi's spells but also increases the effect by an equal percentage for three or so turns.

Phi's Offensive Magic
---------------------
Ruin - Inflicts Non-Elemental damage and decreases magic defense for five turns.
Pain - Inflicts Non-Elemental damage and inflicts "Pain" damage over time status for five turns.
Sap - Inflicts SP damage to a single target and restores' Phi's SP.
Lethargy - Inflicts slow and Sleep on a single target.
Pyro-Kenesis - Inflicts magical damage and inflicts Burn damage over time effect for five turns.
Cryo-Kenesis - Inflicts magical damage and inflicts Slow status to target.
Electro-Kenesis - Inflicts magical damage and Electrecute damage over time effect for five turns.
Mind Break - Inflicts non-elemental damage and reduces the magic attack of the target for five turns.

Phi's Deffensive Magic
----------------------
Physick - Recovers the hp of one ally.
Restoration - Recovers one ally from KO.
Regenerate - Recovers the hp of one ally over time for five turns.
Purify - Removes the negative status effects on one ally.
Aura Field - Raises the Defense and Magic Defense of all allies.
Calm Mind - Raises the costs of all Phi's magic by 50% but increases Magic Attack by 50% for five turns.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #699 on: February 24, 2016, 02:39:32 AM
Hey would it be possible to change the bandanna color from blue to black, it kind of clashes.