• View Profile
Reply #525 on: May 12, 2014, 03:58:53 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: May 27, 2014, 03:55:41 PM
After some issues with writing a decent narrative for a Blue Valkyrie Adventure origin story as well as some issues in transferring elements into an RPG format I began to focus on the script side of things while I brain stormed this testing of lightning scripts led to new ideas and the project evolved into something very different.

I Introduce Project Asylum; a Koudelka inspired game mixing the exploration of a Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Fatal Frame game with the combat of a turn based RPG. Project Asylum isn't necessarily meant to be a horror themed game rather than it being atmospheric and claustrophobic.

You Play as Reva an inmate of black wood asylum set loose by chance; lacking any memories of the past Reva stumbles through the dark halls of the asylum searching for a way to escape. Reva fights on her own and gains a variety of skills granting her effect against the various weak points of the horrors of black wood asylum, the battle system lacks the typical basic attack command and rather uses skills completely to inflict damage; strategic use of powers is key to surviving both the minor and major encounters.

-Exploring is key; thorough players will find healing items, Armlets (Armor) and Rings (Accessories) that will prove key to surviving.
-Enemies all have key weaknesses and strengths; players who target these weak points will waste minimal resources, spamming skills will not get you far.
-Several NPCs will be encountered throughout the game; ensuring their survive will benefit the player and unlock story that might otherwise not be available.
-Three Endings, depending on Reva's actions one of three endings will be available; I'm still deciding on the inclusion of the New Game+ feature. (Perhaps alternate costumes on completion of the game?)

Beta Screenshots (all are from the RPGMaker VX Ace Engine said locations may not be in the playable versions released later.)

Testing the Lighting Engine; Reva explores a cell within the Asylum; while she gives off light through her powers torches and other light sources still remain lit helping her navigate. Darkness will help produce a tense and claustrophobic environment alongside the minimal soundtrack.

In this screenshot Reva bumps into one of the horrors inhabiting the asylum; a placeholder graphics is being used for now but a generic monster graphic will be used to show enemies for the demo. As of now there are no random encounters in Project Asylum; enemies roam the halls and can be outright avoided if desired; enemies will only re spawn if Reva leaves a major area and enters another (enemies will not re spawn if you simply enter another room and return though.)

Early test of the battle engine, Reva fights a "hollowed" inmate a minor enemy encountered early on; there's a lot of work to do here such as a better interface; I kinda like the dark background though. Depending on reactions I may try to get some drawn backgrounds instead if people desire it.

I'll post screenshots as I progress but I wanted to show I was in the process of making this and past the basic idea phase; kinda bummed Blue Valkyrie Adventure didn't work out but honestly the world I had made for her didn't fit a turn based RPG game very well and I wasn't happy with the early stuff I had managed to finish; I feel this project will pan out better and I've always wanted to do a survival horror themed story.

Whats next---
-Balancing Inventory;Equipment;Powers; and some early monsters.
-Will post bios on several of the enemies, as well as some screenshots of testing areas.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: May 27, 2014, 04:46:51 PM
Interesting... And terrifying. D:

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: June 20, 2014, 03:48:31 PM

Captain White Beard and his Buccaneers, their faces were partly inspired by cannon balls; fitting the pirate them I was going for. Mets also had a part in that design, unlike Blue they don't have any human like features besides their shape.

Just to show I'm still working on Blue Valkyrie stuff, a mix of work/other real life issues has kept me from really doing much on the creative side for a while now; but I didn't want to give up on Blue Valkyrie Adventure so I went back to the drawing board. Been thinking about retelling the story rather than porting it to RPGMaker so I'll have better luck making a more enjoyable story when it is finally finished; Asylum helped me learn a little more about events and scripts and has basically served it's purpose (I won't be showing that off as it's really rough looking, some elements from that will be making an appearance though.)). Anyway free time will be spent into making this project work again.

Some time in the future I will need to find an artist to draw up Blue and some of the other main characters, although commissioning artists right now is something I can't afford at the moment sadly.   XD

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: July 03, 2014, 09:08:10 AM
Been awhile since I posted any Adventure stuff, kinda concept work at this point.

Meet Masker a future character for adventure#3, completely scratched for once too; turned out okay, might change some details at some point but the basic look is there.

While Adventure#1 and 2 both had locations from the ancient Precursors they were only referenced due to White beard and Shadow Star being the main antagonists, Adventure#3 will explore Blue's back story and the history behind the precursor empire.

Fitting in with the timeline it'll be taking place after the Wilypocolypse so it again won't officially start until we get further in that, in the mean time I'm going to write up little short stories summing up previous events so that people involved in the RP can easily look stuff up.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: July 05, 2014, 02:00:19 AM

Blue done in the same scratch style I did for "Masker", planning on relying less on edited graphics and trying to improve by making my own; the old sprite is there for comparison.

Opinions on the new style?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: July 05, 2014, 02:01:34 AM
It looks pretty nice.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #532 on: July 05, 2014, 02:05:38 AM
Thanks, I feel like I can get more emotion out of the characters at that scale; will take some more work to make a whole sheet from scratch but it'll be a fun project.  :)

Maybe some random characters done like this before I try to make more frames.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: July 05, 2014, 03:25:11 AM
Don't like to double post but....

Way back when I did some forum characters, now redrawn; they look good in the new style. Blues in a confident pose; Sakura mimicking her one Sig drawing and WilyII being an evil genius. (Maybe wilyII needs some lightning behind him?  XD)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #534 on: July 05, 2014, 03:29:23 AM
PB's hair almost looks like a girl's, in fact that's probably the length that Sakura currently has.  The one in my sig was done a long time ago.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: July 05, 2014, 03:41:37 AM

Better?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #536 on: July 05, 2014, 03:48:12 AM
Much better.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: July 05, 2014, 03:50:44 AM
Cool, enjoy frolicking then!  XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: July 05, 2014, 07:11:16 AM
Hahaha, that's awesome. I love it!

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: July 05, 2014, 12:15:41 PM
Those look decent. I like the new look.

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: July 05, 2014, 03:12:14 PM
Hahaha, that's awesome. I love it!

Thanks, I think I got your character's personality down in that pose.  XD

Those look decent. I like the new look.

Thanks gotta keep practicing though, maybe try some more dynamic poses and see how they turn out.

Blue's pose could have turned out better, but I like how Flare Star came out.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: July 05, 2014, 09:24:22 PM
Thanks, I think I got your character's personality down in that pose.  XD

You did!  8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: August 14, 2014, 07:55:26 PM
Thought I'd expand some some stuff in the RPM-Adventure! RP, anything here can be considered somewhat common knowledge or at least known to people who do research.

The Fall of Zepter was about five hundred years before the start of the RP.

The Lost Kingdom of Zepter

The setting of the first chapter of RPM-Adventure, in ancient times Zepter also known as the Golden Kingdom was a land of great prosperity and wealth, also infamous for it's mastery of magic. Led by the Albert family since it's founding, King Albert VIII would be the last of this family line and the last of it's rulers before the fall of Zepter.

King Albert was known to be a greedy and decadent leader, amassing great wealth and magical power to sustain his corrupt rule, the gap between the rich and poor was staggering and the lower portions of the Zeptian Capital were well known for their squalid conditions. King Albert in order to maintain Zepter's power gathered powerful mages from across the world such as Sage Arius the man who would create the legendary spells Meteo and Ultima that have long been lost since.

Near the end of Zepter's reign King Albert married a sorceress known as Miridia and left on a quest to a neighboring kingdom claiming a relic known as the "Beast King's Crown" supposedly granting the aging king immortality and power to control monsters. Despite these powers Zepter soon fell into chaos and any chance of discovering the cause was lost when the Goddess sealed away the kingdom in a deep fog.

In modern time Zepter is seen by some as the folly of magic and the abuse of power, to others the kingdom is a topic of curiosity and adventure as countless hero have braved the fog attempting to claim the lost kingdom's treasure and secrets.

The Gold City
The capital of the Zeptian civilization, build from the stone mined in the near by mountains; the stone's properties give the buildings a golden colour when exposed to light, combined with the wealth of the King the name quickly stuck. The city is split into three districts with the Gold Keep sitting at the top of the city, the Noble quarter built around the keep, the merchant district on ground level and the lower quarter built into a canyon below the city.

Sage's Spire
Magic helped Zepter become the kingdom it did and this power originated from the Mage's Spire, a guild dedicated to magical study and experiment. Run by the Sage Arius many spells taken for granted were developed here as well as several lost spells such as Ultima. When Chaos consumed Zepter all contact was lost with the Spire and no one knows the fate of the mages within.

Dragon's Peak
The large mountain range behind the golden city, a labyrinth of tunnels run through the mine, deep into the mountain is a sea of lava said to be the resting place of the King of Dragons. The stone mined from the mountain was used to construct the Golden City. When the kingdom fell all contact was lost with the mines, legend says the anger of the dragon king caused the mines to collapse.

The Ancient City
The ruined city of a lost civilization, legend says King Albert on the council of his wife invaded the city and pillaged the Beast Crown from it's inner sanctum, not long after Zepter would fall to the same fate. The Ancient City is built deep into the earth, at it's depths is an ancient temple devoted to a long forgotten beast, once a place of worship now it's dark halls are home to undead and ghosts.

Sunken Bastille
An infamous prison used to hold King Albert's enemies. It's said a mad sorcerer experimented on the prisoners before the Bastille was abandoned in the fall of the kingdom, built at the center of the Zeptian lake and now partially sunken into the water only the angered roars of monsters can be heard from this ruin.

((Sorta following a Zelda idea the party will need to complete these places to gain access to Beast King's castle, given some of the personal stories of the party members I figure these areas might be good places to continue them.))

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #543 on: August 14, 2014, 08:37:17 PM
Did King Albert VIII have bathair by chance? :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: August 15, 2014, 04:37:48 AM
Maaaaaybe.....

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: August 15, 2014, 04:43:55 AM
Would make sense since in one universe he is the only Orange Lantern.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #546 on: October 09, 2014, 01:59:22 PM

Better?
I know it's late, but lovely job Blue.

Your new style is also quite refreshing.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: October 09, 2014, 06:37:40 PM
Glad you like it, also glad to have you back!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #548 on: October 10, 2014, 02:44:41 AM
Hey Blue, I'm curious, are you making sprites for everyone in Wilypocalypse?

Because I was interested in seeing how Phi would look, in sprite form. Arche, too.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #549 on: October 10, 2014, 02:51:07 AM
If you provide some art or detailed description I could try to sure.  :)