Blue Valkyrie's Stuff

Blue Valkyrie · 81307

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: February 05, 2014, 04:48:16 PM
Gotta say, I never looked so cute in 8-bit. 8)

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: February 05, 2014, 04:49:43 PM
I picture you chasing someone just swinging that blade around wildly.  8D

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: February 05, 2014, 04:58:08 PM
Possibly some random amokinetic, other than Vixy or Kathy's mother, on my little "Lovefreak Extermination". >BD

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: February 05, 2014, 05:02:05 PM
With adorable "Rawrs" of course.  XD

Edit: Here you go Mirby enjoy!

Again if I messed anything up or you don't like a certain part I can give it another go.  :)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #304 on: February 05, 2014, 05:44:37 PM
Haha YES! That's awesome. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: February 05, 2014, 05:59:11 PM
Cool, glad you like it! Alright back to making Flare Star's stage then.  XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: February 06, 2014, 01:08:58 AM
Now we have sprites for Days of RPM Lives. 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: February 06, 2014, 02:41:41 PM
Flare Star's stage is nearly ready for posting, in the mean time I was doing some brainstorming for two of the elemental forms. These are prototypes, and they might turn out very different in the end.

Water Form

(Just the Mermaid aspect of this form done for the moment)

The Water Form grants blue immunity to ice and water type attacks, on land her basic throw is joined by an ice projectile that freezes enemies solid. SHe can use the frozen enemies as stepping stones, or pick up and throw them.

When Blue enters a body of water normally she will sink to the bottom like mega man, in this form however she will take the form of a Mermaid and be given full range of movement in any body of water. Her attacks do not change.

Fire Form

Fire Form grants Blue ranged attack options as well as immunity to fire attacks and lava hazzards. Her throw is replaced by a bouncing fireball (like a Mario fire flower), this fire ball can burn certain objects or even enemies susceptible to fire attacks. Blue can charge up the fire ball to blast her enemies with a larger projectile that flies forward destroying weak enemies without disappearing.

Blue can also mimic Flare Star's fire ball dash attack, it allows her to quickly fly forward causing damage to any enemy she hits as long as she's still in that form. This attack can be used in the air as an Air Dash.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: February 06, 2014, 02:49:32 PM
Fire Blue needs to dance like Shantae now. 8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: February 06, 2014, 02:50:22 PM
Fire Blue needs to dance like Shantae now. 8D

I think I have the Shantae sprites lying around somewhere.  8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: February 07, 2014, 05:58:42 AM
Volcano Stage

Long ago this island was like many in the Azure Sea, beautiful filled with nature and wild life. This all changed when the volcano erupted, the island has stood abandoned and lifeless since but oddly the structure built into the volcano it's self had mostly survived. Likely a precursor ruin designed to siphon thermal energy before the Omni-Gem was created Blue thought to her self as she used the drop ship's teleporter to reach the base.

Upon closer inspection White Beard's troops had occupied the ruin and seemed to have already made the necessary repairs to get it working again, she wondered why they had bothered if the Omni-Gem was in his possession---before it dawned on her that White Beard had been on planet for some time and two years HAD passed it stood to reason that White Beard may have had some difficulty in tracking her that far underground, the energy here would be quite usefull.

Blue looked back and forth before jumping into the ruined base, she wasn't sure why Shadow Star had given her the means to track his own troops but it was the only lead she had for the moment, still she would be careful this could easily be a trap.

Level Theme (Bomberman 64: Red Mountain)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBG4Xak_4_k

Flare Star's stage is a mix of treacherous jumps over instant death lava rivers, and claustrophobic hall ways filled with dangerous enemies. Several unique enemies show up here.

Fire Elemental

Neither pirate nor precursor the fire elemental is an essence of fire elemental energy that is in common supply down in this volcano. They seem to have little to no sentience but will pop out of lave rivers and slowly follow Blue until they either impact or fall behind. Being made of pure flame they can't be grabbed.

Burnaneer

A new variant on the Buccaneer type bot, they are equipped with a flame thrower buster that while lacking in ranged combat are quite dangerous at mid to short range. They use this weapon to great effect to keep Blue away from them although they cannot fire this flame stream indefinitely and this is when Blue can close the distance and attack.

Flare Guard

A new type of robot series created by White Beard, mostly superior to their Buccaneer predecessors they come in five different types and serve as the star general's personal guard. Each type has a unique weapon. The Flare Guard will charge up energy when Blue gets into their field of view and after a second or two will fire a wave of flame that is very hard to dodge in small corridors. The time in between charging and firing allows Blue to close the gap and grab them.

Hell Hound

Developed to siphon thermal energy and weaponize it, they act as guard dogs at key points in the volcano ruins. The Hell hound has three major weapons at it's disposal, first it's size makes it hard for Blue to bypass and thus forces her to deal with it. Two, it's fire breath arcs down across the ground then up forcing blue to jump twice as the second head soon follows suit. Three, it can use it's gathered thermal energy to create a fire elemental to give Blue trouble.

As this is such a large enemy Blue can't pick it up, however there tend to be objects or other enemies nearby she can use to damage it assuming she can stay out of the way of it's fire breath.

After traversing the crumbling ruins of the volcano base Blue finds herself in a command room of some kind, the gates suddenly shut behind her and blue swings back at the loud noise. Taking a deep breath Blue glances across the room as if expecting an attack, her suspicions prove true as a teleporter beam cuts through the ceiling---one of Shadow Star's generals have noticed her attack!

Next up: Vs Flare Star

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: February 07, 2014, 06:36:39 AM
Go get em' Blue!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: February 07, 2014, 09:51:12 AM
Nice... Liking the Guards and the Hell Hound.

GO GET HER FLARE

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: February 07, 2014, 05:20:19 PM
Boss Fight Flare Star

Star General Pre-Battle Theme (Bomber Man 64 The Second Attack: Astral Knight Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-LHH3eF4eQ

Flare Star emerges from the beam, a silence lingers in the room as the two size each other up. Blue isn't sure why but there is something familiar about this Star General, Flare Star finally breaks the silence. "I'm so happy you came here first, it's a shame though the others will miss out on the fun." Flare clenches her fist fire engulfing it.

Blue takes a step back "What not even going to give me a name, it's rude to fight someone without telling them who they are you know!" Flare chuckles in response. "Flare Star, but there isn't much point you and I are much alike, although I'm clearly the better." Flare's voice is filled with a certain venom she clearly knows something Blue doesn't. "You sound familiar, whats your problem anyway or are you just sore I kicked you captain's butt before?" Blue puts a hand on her hip mockingly gesturing with her free hand at Flare Star.

"I was created to be your better in every way! I have all your strengths and none of your weaknesses, and thats only to start!" Flare angrily responds taking a step forward fire emitting from her armor. "Oh--so your just a supped up copy bot huh?" Blue retorts almost sounding disappointed. "Should I be worried that creepy pirate is making copies of me?"

"C-copy?! I am your superior you in every way, I'll prove it by destroying you here and now!" The two ready them selves for battle.

Boss Battle Flare Star

Battle Theme (Bomberman 64 the Second Attack: Astral Knight Battle theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP83rGmtljQ

Flare Star is one of the most aggressive of the Star Generals, she moves quickly and attacks often giving only a little breathing room for Blue to evade or respond.

Attack #1: Fire Ball

Fire Ball is Flare's basic projectile, she sends a large blast across the room at Blue. As the fire ball travels it leaves a trail of small fire hazards meaning if Blue jumps short she'll still take damage. The Fire ball deals moderate damage with the hazards only doing minor damage. Flare can use this attack on the ground or in the air, it depends on Blue's position.

Attack #2: Flare Dash

Flare transforms into a fire ball and dashes at Blue in an effort to hit her, if Blue gets hit it inflicts heavy damage however like the fire ball attack it leaves a trail of flames that punish a short jump. Managing to avoid the attack Flare will impact the wall causing the room to shake and blocks to fall. Blue can grab the blocks before they hit the ground and use them as projectiles against Flare Star.

Attacks #3: Fire Needle

Flare jumps into the air and launches needles of fire at various points of the room, they inflict moderate damage if blue bungles into one but their main danger is the large flames they create limiting blue's movement and spurting random flames that cause minor damage.

Damage Method
#1: Grab the blocks dropped by Flare's dash attack and lob them at her.
#2: If Blue has already beaten Aqua Star she can use her Water Form to freeze the projectiles Flare shoots and use them to attack her more quickly.

Blue and Flare jump back to opposite sides of the room, blue grips her side she's taken fairly heavy damage although Flare Star isn't in much better shape. "H-heh not bad for a copy." Blue winces abit. "It's been fun Blue but It's time to end this, you did well but you never really had a chance." Flare charges at Blue generating a fireball in her hand going in for killing blow, Blue runs forward jumping up to meet Flare's attack deflecting her hand away before punching through Flare with all her remaining strength.

Flare looks at Blue in shock "H-how---I was winning--th-this can't be---" Flare's reactor goes critical just as Blue tries to get clear the resulting explosion sends her hitting the wall hard and everything goes dark.

(Aftermath next.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: February 08, 2014, 03:38:58 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But I have to admit, Flare did put up a great fight.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: February 08, 2014, 03:42:33 AM
OH NO. WHAT'S BECOME OF BLUE?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: February 08, 2014, 04:15:43 AM
OH NO. WHAT'S BECOME OF BLUE?

Cliff-hanger! (until tomorrow!)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: February 09, 2014, 03:31:40 AM
((Sorry this took a little longer than I though, ended up being busy today.))

Blue's vision blurred, the damage from the explosion had caused her to impact the wall quite hard. She tried to get up but to no avail, forced to remain still while her auto-repair systems did their work. At the very least she was thankful she hadn't lost her arm in the blast, her vision blurs again as an odd humming fills her audio sensors.  "Huh---?" Blue mumbles as Flare Star's fire chip hovers above her having somehow survived the blast---

The chip was brimming with fire elemental energy and that energy was being drawn to her, the humming only increased as the chip descended.

As the chip made contact it exploded engulfing Blue in a blast of raw elemental energy, Blue felt both a sense of nostalgia and surprise as the element fused with her.

The blast cleared and Blue felt different, the fire elemental energy had altered her form granting her near immunity to fire and heat as well as access to new powers. Feeling fully restored Blue allowed herself to let loose and test her new abilities.

Fire Form

Absorbing the energy within Flare Star's fire chip Blue can transform into this form at will as long as she has the energy for the transformation. Blue can turn back to normal at will although she will need to allow her body to recharge for at least an hour before attempting another transformation at the risk of damaging herself.

Blue's fire form grants her immunity to all fire and heat based attacks, however she also gains a weakness to water and cold type attacks. Her throw is replaced by flame type projectiles that can be charged for greater effect as well as a new dash attack that can be used in the air as well for greater mobility.

Attack#1: Fire Ball

The fire ball replaces blue's basic throw attack, she can fire up to three fireballs at one time, they bounce along the ground until they hit their target or a surface. These fireballs will dissipate after traveling a long distance however. This attack can also be charged up to unleash a mega man style charged buster shot that can
destroy multiple small enemies at once although it will dissipate against larger foes. Both versions can also burn certain objects or enemies if they are flammable.

Attack#2: Flare Dash

Mimicking Flare Star's dash attack Blue can travel quickly along the ground damaging enemies that get in her way (or burning certain objects) she can also preform this attack in the air to gain distance during dangerous jumps.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: February 09, 2014, 03:44:30 AM
DANCE FOR ME BLUE

... Ahem, with this, one Star General will get burned hard...

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: February 09, 2014, 03:51:22 AM
So no complaints for Fire Form Blue then?  XD

Will need to get a vote on who the next Star General to go down will be tomorrow!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: February 09, 2014, 04:36:10 AM
Very awesome. GO BLUE GO!

Also, TERRA!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: February 09, 2014, 04:38:42 AM
So no complaints for Fire Form Blue then?  XD

Will need to get a vote on who the next Star General to go down will be tomorrow!
Nope, seems balanced enough. And given the new threats, the boosts are fine. XD

And go weakness cycle... So... It's Terra?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: February 09, 2014, 04:52:00 AM
Yep, going by the weakness cycle of the Star Generals

Flare Star is weak to Water
Terra Star is weak to Fire
Aqua Star is weak to Wind
Tempest Star is weak to Earth

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: February 09, 2014, 06:16:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPSofpdoq0s

Terra Star wins the next vote!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PF-csEjjPE

-Crystal Quarry Stage

Theme: Wild Arms 3 (Losing one's way in Darkness) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiUIYtsqd6I&list=PL284A9F9923332ED6

Raw elemental energy in it's natural state is common across Azure Star, sometimes this energy crystallizes and these crystals have become quite valuable across the galaxy not just for their beautiful luster but also their ability to produce energy. Blue believed that after his defeat White Beard would lack the means to execute a large scale attack again but the captain had plans, setting up bases at key points around azure star white beard had helped make up for his previous losses and this mine was no exception.

The miners not only hit the mother load of rare ores needed to build his machines but also had discovered a much deeper cavern filled with crystals, these along with his thermal energy plant would help produce more than enough energy to power his war machines until the omni-gem was back in his hands. As Blue emerged from the warp beam she frowned at the damage to the island, white beard had no regard for what his ambitions cost others, blue hopped onto the hill and slid down where she was met by the usual resistance.

This stage has abit of a wild west theme to it and is split into two sections, and will be done in two updates as I have to come up with some enemy ideas. I had a lot of fun doing this stage so far.

Enemies

Smiley Copter Miners

White Beard assigned Terra Star a fleet of smiley copters to assist in the clearing of rocks and other debris, they are well suited to these tasks after all. The smiley copters will hover like they always do and attempt to drop boulders on Blue's head that she can grab and throw back.

Buccaneer Miner

The Buccaneer Miner is a variant equipped with a special pick axe and protective gear. When they see Blue they will lob their pickaxes at Blue and use their shields to avoid being grabbed. If Blue can maneuver behind them she can attempt to grab the enemy. Their pickaxes while hard to grab are also possible projectiles for Blue to use.

Buccaneer Digger

The Buccaneer Digger uses a ride armor to crush rock and quickly excavate tunnels for the miners to get at the ores and crystals. While not designed for combat the digger is quite dangerous as it's from crusher can one shot Blue.

Terra Guard

Another variant of the guard series robots, like the Flare Guard this type serves as Terra Star's personal force. Their unique weapon is a shockwave attack, stomping their foot into the ground they cause the area to shake and can knock Blue off her feet making her vulnerable to the following showave that travels a moderate distance. Blue can toss them like any other enemy and and range attacks can assure Blue doesn't get harmed by their attack.

Blue navigated the the quarry as best she could, treacherous jumps and white beard's forces got in her way constantly and the heavy mining equipment presented more than a few dangers, as she approached the large cavernous interior of the mine blue was forced to use a mine kart to traverse the large pit safely. Blue kinda regrets this choice looking back on it now...

The Kart hit the end of the track and almost seemed to float in the air for a brief second before Blue fell into the caverns below, the miners had blown the track in an effort to rid them selves of her. Blue gripped onto the kart as it fell like a rock, just as it hit the ground she jumped off and rolled to soften her landing. "That was close---" blue said to herself as she took a moment to take in her new surroundings, the cavern was much larger than she had thought and large crystals lined the walls creating light where one would not expect it...

Next up- Terra Star Stage: Crystal Caverns Area.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: February 09, 2014, 06:17:36 PM
She's so brave!