Blue Valkyrie's Stuff

Blue Valkyrie · 81108

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: January 27, 2014, 06:35:24 PM
Just gonna let PB and Sakura finish up their planned stuff.
Yeah I'm going to wait until things calm down with the assignments before I update again.  I'm about to finish making a business plan for a macaron bakery at this moment.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: January 27, 2014, 09:31:05 PM
Yeah I'm going to wait until things calm down with the assignments before I update again.  I'm about to finish making a business plan for a macaron bakery at this moment.

Oh your in the bakery industry too? I wish you luck!  :)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: January 28, 2014, 12:41:27 AM
Oh your in the bakery industry too? I wish you luck!  :)
Nah it's for the sake of the class, I want to make a video game shop.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: January 28, 2014, 12:43:18 AM
White Beard Machine #4 looks menacing!

Nah it's for the sake of the class, I want to make a video game shop.

I'm curious. What kind of shop is this going to be? Just a local place that sells video games, or something much more?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: January 28, 2014, 01:02:35 AM

Thanks, I really liked how it turned out, Kong Bot or not.  XD

((The Final Battle is on the last page, it got pushed back with the discussion if you missed it.))

The Escape

White Beard: N-no this isn't possible, I can't lose with the Omni-Gem!

Reflecting the giant machine's attacks back at it Blue finally was victorious!

Captain White Beard bails out as his Machine explodes, the Omni-Gem survives without a scratch but the damage to the Dark Star is fatal, causing overloads and explosions across critical areas.

White Beard: W-what have you done wench?!

Blue: Taking back what isn't yours!

Explosions rip through the Dark Star the Captain and his crew evacuate, Blue however desperately searches for a way off the ship!

Blue comes across an abandoned Drop ship, storing the Omni-Gem on board she makes her escape.

But how was she going to prevent the city from falling into the azure sea!? Blue thought to her self, however luck was on her side and the sinking Dark Star collides with the Floating City the resulting explosion vaporizing both.

Blue returned to the Azure Islands as a hero to it's inhabitants, White Beard's forces had retreated and with the Omni-Gem safely hidden in the same ruin Blue had first awoken in she hoped no one would ever find it again. She wondered what the future had in store for her though, the Precursor robot had seemed to know her and there was still many questions in her mind.

However for now Blue would take a much deserved rest...until she was needed again.

The End (next up Adventure#2!)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: January 28, 2014, 01:06:44 AM

I'm curious. What kind of shop is this going to be? Just a local place that sells video games, or something much more?
Well I want it to be a place that sells video games and card games.  The way I want to drum up business is by have some frequent tournaments like maybe every 2 months or something with like Mario Kart, Magic the Gathering, Mario Party, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and stuff like that and the winners get discount cards or something.  At least that's my current plan, it's subject to change of course.

I figured since the industry is just so risky right now with Gamestop, Amazon, Steam and Digitally Downloaded games that the best way to stay competitive that I can see is to promote a social element.  It probably sounds totally naive but I just don't like the sort of cold environment of pick up a game on the shelf, buy it, maybe chat with the clerk and go.

Though if I can't get it to work the Macaron bakery is going to be a backup plan.  

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: January 28, 2014, 01:12:22 AM
Hooray for Blue!! VICTORY!!!

Well I want it to be a place that sells video games and card games.  The way I want to drum up business is by have some frequent tournaments like maybe every 2 months or something with like Mario Kart, Magic the Gathering, Mario Party, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and stuff like that and the winners get discount cards or something.  At least that's my current plan, it's subject to change of course.

I figured since the industry is just so risky right now with Gamestop, Amazon, Steam and Digitally Downloaded games that the best way to stay competitive that I can see is to promote a social element.  It probably sounds totally naive but I just don't like the sort of cold environment of pick up a game on the shelf, buy it, maybe chat with the clerk and go.

Though if I can't get it to work the Macaron bakery is going to be a backup plan.  

That's a decent plan.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: January 28, 2014, 01:13:37 AM
No I don't think you are being naive at all, you have some really good ideas. You may want to include some other hobby stuff like Board Games such as Arkham Horror but the idea of running Tournaments would definitely help bring people in, getting to know your customers is key in this sorta thing as you can't ignore the importance of a loyal customer base.

Location is also very important, you need a place that's easy to get to without being too expensive to rent.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: January 28, 2014, 01:21:02 AM
Hooray for Blue!! VICTORY!!!

That's a decent plan.
Yeah I was trying make it somewhat different but not overly complicated.  My brother actually suggested a sort of nerd hobby shop with anime, manga, Gundam models, and other related stuff but that just sounds so complicated to make it work, at least to me.  

I might add board games to the mix too and of course take in used games from past generations because I think that more places need to do that in my opinion.

If I was crazy Cards against Humanity tournaments would be there to but I'm not that crazy. :P

No I don't think you are being naive at all, you have some really good ideas. You may want to include some other hobby stuff like Board Games such as Arkham Horror but the idea of running Tournaments would definitely help bring people in, getting to know your customers is key in this sorta thing as you can't ignore the importance of a loyal customer base.

Location is also very important, you need a place that's easy to get to without being too expensive to rent.
Yeah definitely especially since the building is probably going to be bigger than the average game shop to accommodate that social element.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: January 28, 2014, 01:24:38 AM
Keeping it simple is a good idea, you can always add other merchandise like imports later if you wanted and there was a big enough demand. Cards against Humanity Turneys would be interesting.   XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: January 28, 2014, 01:30:13 AM
Keeping it simple is a good idea, you can always add other merchandise like imports later if you wanted and there was a big enough demand. Cards against Humanity Turneys would be interesting.   XD
I worry about the soccer mom protests. XD After all I have no idea who would sign up for said tournaments and I have to be mindful of who shows up in my shop.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: January 28, 2014, 01:31:31 AM
Yeah, but you have to worry about customers with any shop!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: January 28, 2014, 01:35:00 AM
Yeah, but you have to worry about customers with any shop!
Well yeah of course.  I'll probably add a rule about no cussing in tournaments for the sake of who ever may show up.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: January 28, 2014, 02:21:14 AM
I have got to say... That final battle was really good... ... ... ... *swipes blueprints*

Ahem, as mentioned earlier I really like the look of Iron Kong. :P
The way to damage it is really nice... Especially the final part. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: January 28, 2014, 02:26:30 AM
Thanks everyone, I had alot of fun telling Blue's back story with these mock "game screen shots" and I'll get work started on Adventure#2 soon bringing her story up to speed for the Wilypocolypse RP.

In the meantime just something I did for the hell of it--What game music best fits the stages in the first Adventure.

Level 1 - Azure Islands
Kirby Super Star (Grape Garden)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVi8Wu3KiDA

Grape Garden sums up the tropical feeling of the Azure Islands really well, there's also a slight sense of urgency in this track that also fits Blue's desire to protect her home from White Beard's attack.

Level 2 - Emerald Forest
Kirby 64 - Quiet Forest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIduNx7zW4I

I love Kirby 64's soundtrack, it had upbeat music, calm music, even relaxing music. Quiet Forests sums up the calm of the Emerald Forest really well, the tree cover is quite heavy and you would rarely see the sun giving it a feeling like your in another world.

Level 3 - Jagged Peaks
Kirby 64 - Rock Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r9c7529IkY

Another Kirby 64 track, it's catchy upbeat tune makes Rock Star a perfect fit for the Jagged Peaks as Blue quickly ascends the mountain after white beard. This track would work for the outside and caverns.

Level 4 - Cloud City (Outside)
Kirby 64 - Neo Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcdGyC83trA&list=PL65674D59A772CAE2&index=44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW5lFMv3pUo (Black Fortress)

It was a tie between this and the Black Fortress Stage from Bomber Man 64 for outside Cloud City. Neo Star gives me the feeling of technology yet at the same time a feel of wonder as if you discovered a ruin centuries old, this is ultimately why I picked it over Black Fortress. Black Fortress might be a better choice for a tech themed base of some sort.

Level 4 - Cloud City (Inside)
Megaman Legends - Inside Cardon Sub Gate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbdpBCnVh8

Inside the Cloud City is the dark halls of the city's inner workings filled with forgotten robots still guarding the Omni-Gem within, I had in mind a more Atmospheric track that kinda had you on edge. Megaman Legends' first OST fit that perfectly.

Level 5 - Pursuing the Dark Star
Megaman 8 Tengu Man's Stage (PSX version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFnXxTG_9-c

This track fits perfectly as Blue using the hover bike is not that different from Megaman riding rush jet through Tengu Man's stage. The track just screams "Soaring Through the sky" to me.

Level 5 - The Dark Star
Kirby Super Star - Taking over the Halberd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj300sIS_1s

This track fit the Dark Star perfectly, it really sums up Blue's assault on the ship in her efforts to retake the Omni-Gem

Boss Theme
Kirby 64 - Boss Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5DOCc5-Qug

Blue's adventures are more light hearted and this track just had the right mix of energy and urgency for Blue's battles with White Beard's Machines, the Precursor Guardian and the Copy Bot.

Final Boss Theme
Megaman 8 - Wily Machine #8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfVETYCmIlk

I always though Megaman 8's soundtrack was very underrated. I loved the two final battle tracks. This track has a menacing feel to it, much like the White Beard Machine#4, and it's alien theme fits white beard well.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: January 28, 2014, 02:45:35 AM
Mmm... Will have to give these a listen when I get back home.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: January 28, 2014, 02:19:49 PM
I'll add what music I think fits the levels for Adventure#2 as I make them when I get around to post it.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: January 28, 2014, 03:27:55 PM
OH GOD THE LAST 2 WERE EXTENDED

Ahem, those are some nice choices, and they do fit well with your intentions.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: January 29, 2014, 12:42:12 AM
You didn't have to listen to the whole thing you know!  XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: January 29, 2014, 06:34:20 AM
IT'S ALL TOO LATE NOW

YOU WILL PAY

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: January 29, 2014, 06:39:11 AM
I'll just add it to the list of things Blue did to enrage DrWilyII.  XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: January 29, 2014, 06:42:28 AM
... What else is in that list...

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: January 29, 2014, 07:31:54 AM
#1: Using you as a projectile for the Power Demonstration

#2: Trapping you in the pocket dimension.

#3: Joining the Resistance.

This would be #4:Keeping WilyII busy with extended you tube soundtracks while the resistance blows up his [parasitic bomb].  8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: January 29, 2014, 08:41:36 AM
... STOP BLOWING MY [parasitic bomb] UP!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: February 01, 2014, 05:20:56 PM
Adventure #2 prologue

Two years have passed since Blue saved the Azure sea from captain White Beard and all seems peaceful again for it's inhabitants, however Blue's fears of others attacking the planet looking for the Omni-Gem force her to hide it deep within the same ruin she once slumbered in. For two years she remains close by guarding it closely on her own.

The days have begun to blend together for Blue, she isn't even sure how long she's been down there guarding the Gem, sleep proves to be the only way to drown out the silence of her "home" but lately her dreams have been fraught with nightmares.

Blue feeling a presence wakes from her slumber  "Hmm...?" Odd her proximity sensors hadn't gone off, no one had entered the ruins.

She's sure there's something in here with her, and as Blue jumps to her feet she sees what. A dark essence rising from the Omni-Gem.

"How long are you going to keep up this farce my dear?" The voice doesn't echo, it's not being spoken at least not directly, Blue feels the voice in her head.

"What are you talking about, who are you?!" Blue grasps her head as the pain becomes worse.

"Do you think you're a hero? That saving these primitives somehow changes what you really are?" The creature's shadowy limb points at her accusingly.

"They will know what you are soon enough, no amount of good deeds can erase what we did together my dear."

"I-I don't understa--" Blue responds, still grasping her head.

"You are but a shell, stop this nonsense and free me-us from this prison immediately!!!" The voice screams out louder than anything Blue had ever heard before. The sound jars her awake.

"Ah! T-the same dream--again." Blue frowns and looks to the Omni-Gem, still floating there as it had for two years. Nothing had changed.

Suddenly the floor below her shook, as if some great force above had hit.

"W-what?!" Blue jumps to her feet shaking her head as if to confirm she's still not dreaming. What ever that was it came from outside, someone was trying to get in or get her attention!

Blue jumped up to the higher platform and made a break for the surface, who ever it was wasn't getting the Omni-Gem or hurting the natives of Azure Star to get it!