I'd love to see a game that follows more in the footseps of Megaman 8. By that I mean:
- That sense of charm and polish. Little details everywhere, Robot Masters having their own personalities, creative stages.
- Special weapons having a larger role in mobility and stage manipulation. Still keep them powerful too, like in 8. They should all have a different purpose, but at the same time none of them suck. Even Water Balloons could dish out some hurt, which was nice.
- Rush feeling more like he's part of the team and less like a support item. I wouldn't mind another Rush Jet segment.
- I liked how MM8's boss weakness system felt 'smarter'. If you hit a boss during a certain frame of animation, they'd get temporarily stunned and you could nail them with a charge shot.
Some other features that MM11 could have:
- Playable Blues, preferably how he was done in MM10. Make him more powerful than Megaman, but keep the shield and him taking extra damage. I like the high-risk, high-reward style that he brings to the table.
- Megaman keeps his charge shot and slide.
- Let's ditch the teleporting hatches in the final stage and do the boss re-fights MM1/MMX1 style.
- Ditto to everyone saying that Wily Capsules need to go.
Maybe an emphasis on stages that are really fun to play? MM8's snowboarding level would be a good example if they didn't make the difficulty so high.
I don't see why people say that MM8's snowboarding sections are hard. They're completely fair in that you get a clear warning as to when you need to jump and slide. No cheap difficulty or anything, just pure reactions on your part.