Mega Man X,MM Series remixes

Jadzxa · 25939

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
    • Games and stuff  and just my hub.
on: July 19, 2013, 06:45:24 PM
Hey guys been like a bit. I was bored and decided to reform some Mega Man X tunes in the style of Maverick Hunter X. I started with MMX2's boss theme and I honestly think it sounds like it'd be in the legit game if it were created. I'm now gonna mess around with some other tunes and maybe make a complete sound score, though this is between project work and such. But thought I'd share this with you guys and get your takes.

Heh there's even a lot of awesome Maverick Hunter X2 art floating around. Kudos to the artist.

(update)

Maverick Hunter X2 OST.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ow2c8yyj2rdb2o/Mega%20Man%20Maverick%20Hunter%20X2%20OST.rar

Credits:
Lead music producer,Jadzxa
2nd lead,guitarist,Cherryrock.

Inspiration: Mega Man and the entire Rockman community.

[youtube]MegaMan Maverick Hunter X2 Boss theme[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:26:00 PM by Jadzxa »

My art,projects and other things.
http://jad4321.deviantart.com/

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:59:49 PM
This is pretty good. I like it!

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:17 PM
It may just be my phone's speaker but the drums seem a little loud. Other than that it is very well done and i agree that it would fit in just fine. My only issue, a minor one, is that i dislkke synth guitar. I dont know whethrer or not ypu own and play a guitar so if you want any guitar tracks let me know! Im not amazing but i like pkating guitar a lit so let me kbow! :D

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:24:14 PM
Hey guys glad you liked it! And Cherry yeah, it's your phone speakers, heh I find it hard myself to enjoy a song good on those unless, it's really mapped for phones I think. Also I can't help but use the synth guitar at the moment, but I have a lot of others I could pull to.  I've only played the bass and I don't really carry one. And by tracks live guitar tracks? That sounds epic! Yeah I'll let you know if I need any! Real guitars really out do the fake ones in areas! Might add you to the sound score list here now.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 11:27:30 PM
That's pretty awesome! I'd love to hear more down the line.

Counter/X Hunter Stage 1 in particular.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:28:35 PM
I'd love to hear a Magna Centipede & Crystal Snail mix as well.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 12:00:42 AM
Well I have a thread here titled Invasion Beta 2.0 if you want to listen to some of the recordings I have done. Lots of synth involved myself. usually due to laziness hahah. I also have a bass i can use as well. I am actually more proficient with that than i am at the guitar. Despite having ten less years of experience. =P I just dislike the synth-tar because i always know it is fake but sometimes it has moments when it fits better than a real guitar. Specifically when trying to make it sound like an old school videogame! BTW what program did you use to make this? I use Mixcraft 6.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 12:40:44 AM
synth guitar is fine. it fits with MHX's synthy feel to it's music.

I look forward to more!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 12:47:08 AM
That's pretty awesome! I'd love to hear more down the line.

Counter/X Hunter Stage 1 in particular.
Yo glad you liked it! I'll put that down on the list.

I'd love to hear a Magna Centipede & Crystal Snail mix as well.
At this rate I might as well remaster the game XD consider them coming in the future!

Well I have a thread here titled Invasion Beta 2.0 if you want to listen to some of the recordings I have done. Lots of synth involved myself. usually due to laziness hahah. I also have a bass i can use as well. I am actually more proficient with that than i am at the guitar.
Hey that's pretty cool, being good with that bass is a +.  I'll give your topic a looking in a bit here, and same, synth is awesome if you just want a sound and put something together fast.

Despite having ten less years of experience. =P I just dislike the synth-tar because i always know it is fake but sometimes it has moments when it fits better than a real guitar. Specifically when trying to make it sound like an old school videogame! BTW what program did you use to make this? I use Mixcraft 6.

You hit the nail on the head about making it sound retro! That's one reason I kind of like using the synth guitar at times. Also I used Mixcraft 6 to make this. =D just started with the DAW not long ago and it's results are amazing!

synth guitar is fine. it fits with MHX's synthy feel to it's music.

I look forward to more!
Thx glad you enjoyed it^^ and guess this guitar will just get interesting as things go with the music! I do agree though the synth does work really well with MHX type tunes.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 01:37:25 AM
Hahaha awesome. That will make sending you tracks even easier! XD
Honestly I have no idea what DAW is. I've been using Mixcraft since Mixcraft 4. I usually just make my midi in guitar pro and then import it into Mixcraft because I can't understand the piano roll!! D:

Also what is funny is that i'm currently working on a Magna Centipede remaster of my own and I did Counter hunter 1 a few years back minus a drum track. It was bad.
Looking forward to your next release! :D

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 02:01:14 AM
Yeah about what a DAW is, I had no idea until my friends kept mentioing it. I guess it's just the music program you use. And yep easier the better!^^ And wow since 4 huh? lol yeah you might be a little more versed with things in areas, I'll keep that in mind. And wow, it's kind of like me with the MIDIs I use FL Studio and transfer the MIDI from there to Mixcraft. I did the same with some music I made with Reason 5 back then...Oh man those old days. I feel you on the counter hunter area 1. lol funny how we think we're just the *censor* back then. Then we notice..Oh wow that's just crap XD

And wait a Manga Centipede remaster!? Ha ha! I think we might be able to start a crazy fan Mega Man Maverick Hunter X2 OST. (Working on Bubble Crab at this moment)

I will keep you guys posted!

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 02:34:29 AM
Sounds like a plan to me! :3
I technically did Crystal Snail but not really in a way that would sound in-game, if that makes sense.
I wouldn't say I'm that good at it at all. I really just use it for it's simplicity and decent resampling rates.
I've also gotten rather good at making my own in program synth instruments. I also have made about 100 different EQ presets for specific types of instruments and guitar yada yada.
It's a great program and I've easily made over 100 remixes with it by now. Most of those being 'sound sketches' if you will haha.

Yeah I'm done programming all of the notes and I've learned it on guitar and bass (makes sequencing it easier for me) I just don't know how i want to tackle it.
Maybe Ill just make one heavier on synth and another vice versa and let the people decide. And since i know you have it i can send you my MX6 files if you ever want to play with anything i have made haha! XD

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 03:02:14 AM
Guess that's the plan then is we'll start an OST XD. I think I get what you were saying. I was just thinking about that oddly, there is music that sounds like it should be in games and music that sounds like it should be in movies. Also yeah it really is a simple program to get the hang of. Nothing overly complicated like Cubase or something. ^^ Again great, I'd love to mess around with some of your stuff at sometime and see what you got moving with things.

Oh on a side note, here's Bubble Crab (Deep Sea)

Erm...Fixing some pitch issues, vid uploaded but had to head out. Guess this could be the early version.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gezLDaF6umk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
EARLY VERSION: (so you guys get to see work in progress yayz)

Doesn't really distract much from it's original version, and I was thinking of putting in an intro of types, but it didn't sound right to me. So we got a beef'd up version of the original with different adjustments here and there. Best part though I can imagine starting the stage and the rush of the song at the start would suit a READY sign I think. Just perfect.

As for the art I guess I'll just stick with this picture for the music, cause I looked around couldn't find any MHX2 Maverick pics. Though I'll keep looking.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 06:21:01 AM
This is good, but I think the first one is better. Just a suggestion, but I would try to make it more...how can I put it, bubbly & aquatic. When MHX did Launcher Octopus, it added a bit of bubbly techno to it and I thought it really stood out well. It might be harder with this track simply because it's not as fast paced.'

Either way, I hope you keep em coming.

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 07:36:35 AM
This is good, but I think the first one is better. Just a suggestion, but I would try to make it more...how can I put it, bubbly & aquatic. When MHX did Launcher Octopus, it added a bit of bubbly techno to it and I thought it really stood out well. It might be harder with this track simply because it's not as fast paced.'

Either way, I hope you keep em coming.

Wow you had on mind just what I did. I'm currently fixing it up as well cause the pitches were to high in areas. Thankfully it's only a work in progress so. ^^ thanks for the mini review there and yep there's a lot more to come! Though speaking of it being fast paced...Hmm I possibly could go a more slower paced a bit kind of how they messed around with Launch Octopus's stage in areas.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 07:51:58 AM
Yeah that's definitely a thought.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 08:22:58 AM
Intro/final stage would be great!

I'll be watching this thread, in an incredibly vain attempt to partially fill the massive void that is MMHX2.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 09:34:59 AM
Intro/final stage would be great!

I'll be watching this thread, in an incredibly vain attempt to partially fill the massive void that is MMHX2.

Noted lol. And another request for the final stage? I guess we may know what's to come soon, and speaking of the intro stage lol that should have been first I think. Oh well XD.

Here's Bubble Crabs tune again. Went a bit softer and more watery this time. Kept the speed the same though but did a lot more mixing around.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtv9s4ZNl8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I guess once we complete all of these I'll rar them up into one big OST.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 12:10:30 PM
Intro stage needs to be epic

In memory of Green Biker Dude :'(

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 05:10:25 PM
Very very nice work on Bubble Crab. I really like the slow intro, the deep breath before the plunge as it were. And the rest definitely give the underwater feel to it. The loop is pretty good as well.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 06:28:21 PM
I really like how the second version of Bubble Crab came out. The gradual buildup at the beginning is effective, and the organs work out well throughout the song.

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 07:38:53 PM
Hey guys glad you enjoyed it! Currently at work here but this is what I got for the intro stage.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDxnIScjbM0[/youtube]

Hope its good for now. Tried to bring out those dynamic points.^^

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 12:11:41 AM
As is im really digging that intro theme.
Im almost done with Counter Hunter theme.
Just need to lay the lead guitar and tinker with the drums.
I cant seem to get the same quality percussion as you though! :3

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 04:40:56 AM
As is im really digging that intro theme.
Im almost done with Counter Hunter theme.
Just need to lay the lead guitar and tinker with the drums.
I cant seem to get the same quality percussion as you though! Meow

Hey glad you're liking it! It was funky getting a feel of where I had wanted to go with that, but it all fell together, (you shall always be remembered Green Biker Dude) Almost feels though as if the intro there is to be extended a bit lol a point you're just fighting along side the green biker dude before BAM. Ok urm getting back on track. Excellent can't wait to hear how that comes out then! Seems every part of this OST is coming together quickly.

Oh and as for the Percussion,try lot's of reverb and some loops at times if needed. Though important to make your own drums if you can. Thank goodness for FL studio XD

Edit: Fixing some volume issues with the intro stage a bit. Youtube seems to ruin quality. This is a problem.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:56 AM
Just a suggestion, but I might try and speed the intro up instead of the slow buildup. Otherwise, not bad