Legends 3 Prototype being remade in 8-bit by fans

Police Girl · 8728

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
The title's a bit misleading then, isn't it?
Indeed it is.  I wrote no articles nor did I write this thread title, but this is NOT a repeat of the "official backing" that was Street Fighter X Mega Man.

So, just to reiterate for real what's going on:

Free game for digital distribution, TENTATIVELY scheduled for August release (these guys routinely give tight estimates, I would not be surprised in the least if it was delayed).  Developed by Japanese fans.  Demo is out, bugs out for those not on a Japanese system locale, but english users can get around it.  It is alleged that the final game will run for english users without the current hickups.

On board are Hideki Ishikawa (artist) and Makoto Tomozawa (composer); both former Capcom employees who have previously worked on the Legends series.

Donations are currently being taken through Paypal directly at milktea@milcoco.net , but a proper crowdfunding page is in progress if you prefer to wait.  Their goal is $1000.00

Small donations get your name in the credits (I've heard conflicting reports on this; some say donations of any amount, some say five bucks minimum).  The box with Ishikawa's art is a thank-you for donating $50 or more.  Additional gifts are being considered, but everything on the table is small stuff, not by any means intended to be justifiable purchases.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 06:27:20 AM
Fixed the thread title.

Not that it matters that much but its not misleading anymore.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 06:26:31 AM
Late to the party, I know, but a WORKING OUTSIDE OF JAPAN demo was posted, with a no-longer-engrish-ridden readme, as well.

http://cocoroco.sakura.ne.jp/dl/dash3p_demo_en.zip

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)