General RP Discussion topic

Police Girl · 175011

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3050 on: November 15, 2016, 06:55:41 PM
Okay. I think I'll try and implement her into the Sylph race, for now.

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3051 on: November 17, 2016, 12:32:05 AM
I could probably either shift Florence into it or use another one of the twoish I still have left, though one's better suited for a modern setting.

[Spoiler=Fiona Callahan (Probably the better choice)][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rica Redwood (The modern one)][/spoiler]

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3052 on: November 17, 2016, 01:04:00 AM
I could probably either shift Florence into it or use another one of the twoish I still have left, though one's better suited for a modern setting.

[Spoiler=Fiona Callahan (Probably the better choice)][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rica Redwood (The modern one)][/spoiler]

I'd say Florence since the modern world is more fantasy setting than modern, there is technology but it's magic powered rather than sci-fi, In the end it's up to you though.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3053 on: November 17, 2016, 01:41:54 AM
I think I can use an old fantasy-based character from another RP. In that RP, magiteck was dwarf-exclusive, but my character was adopted by a dwarf clan after a village raid by bandits. My char then learnt the ways of the dwarves, and created Jotuns, basically robot masters powered by magic.

When my char became an adult, he wad ousted due to power madness back into human civilization. He was then picked up by the king, and became his military advisor, his Jotuns became part of the army.

... You can see where I was going with the char. He was Albertus in that RP.

I think with a little tweaking, mainly his back story, he should work fine in BVA.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3054 on: November 17, 2016, 02:02:37 AM
I think I can use an old fantasy-based character from another RP. In that RP, magiteck was dwarf-exclusive, but my character was adopted by a dwarf clan after a village raid by bandits. My char then learnt the ways of the dwarves, and created Jotuns, basically robot masters powered by magic.

When my char became an adult, he wad ousted due to power madness back into human civilization. He was then picked up by the king, and became his military advisor, his Jotuns became part of the army.

... You can see where I was going with the char. He was Albertus in that RP.

I think with a little tweaking, mainly his back story, he should work fine in BVA.

Sounds good to me, I have a post up on the races so theres some info on the dwarves if you need it. Planning to be a party member or try out a villain role again?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3055 on: November 17, 2016, 02:21:39 AM
I'll think on that, but I think being a hero would be nice change of pace.
[spoiler]Maybe become a fallen hero in the end. Maybe. :P[/spoiler]

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3056 on: November 17, 2016, 02:23:50 AM
I'll think on that, but I think being a hero would be nice change of pace.
[spoiler]Maybe become a fallen hero in the end. Maybe. :P[/spoiler]

Sounds good!  :)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3057 on: November 18, 2016, 07:06:56 AM
I'd rather run a new character since I haven't gotten the opportunity to play those two yet. Maybe Fiona since Rica is kind of similar to Florence in personality.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3058 on: November 18, 2016, 05:52:50 PM
Alright, once you've chosen one of the three starting classes and come up with the power concepts just run them by me and I'll help balance them if needed.  :)

Guess I shall post up Blue for now.

Blue (Kid)
-----
Race: ??? (Appears human?)
Class: Striker
Bio: A human like female awoken from a crystal found deep within a ruin belonging to the extinct precursors, Cheerful, tenacious and naive; Blue is an ancient precursor guardian sealed away long ago for reasons unknown having never experienced anything prior to her "sleep" Blue lacks any memories or even a real name and sees the world as a pure-hearted child would (albeit a child with super human powers). Blue however being a combat type guardian has a natural affinty to fighting and pushing herself to grow stronger when faced with a foe who's power or skill exceeds her own.

Blue possess super human strength and is incredibly durable for someone of her age, she is also rather agile, and while Blue does possesses the ability to manipulate mana like any normal person she however cannot cast typical spells and can only manipulate her own unique power, a form of magic taking the form of an Aura she can manipulate to her needs. Blue's primary element is light.

HP:6
SP:1
AC:14
Speed:9
Surge Value: 3
At-Will Powers: 3
Encounter Powers: 2
Daily Powers: 1

Trained Skills
---------------
Acrobatics
Athletics
Endurance

Powers
--------
"Pummel"
"Inflicts non-elemental damage to one foe."
At-Will Power
Standard Action
Attack+4
Damage+3

"Snap Punch"
"Inflicts minor damage to one foe and the snap punch debuff lowering the target's AC by 1"
At-Will Power
Standard Action
Attack+3
Damage+1

"Photon"
"Inflicts light elemental damage to one foe."
At-Will Power
Standard Action
Attack+4
Damage+3

"Aura"
"Allows an ally to spend a healing surge instantly."
Encounter Power
Standard Action

"Throw"
"Non-Elemental damage to one foe, less to a second of the player's choice if possible."
Encounter Power
Standard Action
Attack+5 (Roll separately for both targets if applicable)
Damage 4 to target 1
Damage 2 to target 2

"Lumina"
"Generates a blade of light around Blue's right arm, adding the "Lumina" buff to her that raises all attack damage by +3 player must roll a D20 after every turn a roll less than 15 ends the effect"
Daily Power
Minor Action
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:24:32 PM by Blue Valkyrie »

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3059 on: November 23, 2016, 02:18:14 AM
Was just curious if anyone wanting in on the RP had made any progress on character creation? If not I'd be more than happy to help you pick out a class/make powers.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3060 on: November 23, 2016, 07:39:41 AM
I'm wondering which class fits a mage class. I'm assuming it's support, but Lettice is an offensive mage type.

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3061 on: November 23, 2016, 06:01:14 PM
Well I see the classes as follows.

And one thing to note they are not binding to any concept mearly a templet for abilities an stats.

Tank Class is for a character who wants to have high survivabilty and powers that can have more effects to aid allies or effect enemies. Their unique trait is any offensive damaging dealing attack they use will mark a target and force that target to hit them lest they suffer a small penalty to their attack rolls.

Striker Class is for a character who wants lots of damage options in battle, they have the most at-wills able to have varied basic and reusable skills while having a decent number of encounter powers but lacking in "ultimate" attacks. Their special skill lets them re-roll an attack roll they didn't like once per battle.

Support Class is for a character who wants to either buff, debuff or just plain heal, they a good balance in the higher tier powers, and their basic ability lets them once per battle instant allow any ally to use a healing surge regardless of turn order.

Casters would do okay in any role depending on the skills you give but I might say Striker or Support as a good starting point.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3062 on: November 23, 2016, 08:18:27 PM
I think I'll go for Striker. In the meantime, I'll be working on her abilities.

Fear me.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3063 on: November 23, 2016, 09:12:11 PM
Okay, here's what I've got:

[spoiler]Lettice

-----
Race: Sylph
Class: Striker
Bio: A mysterious non-human looking young woman whose origins are unknown. All that was known about her is that she appeared from a flash of light, by a lone cottage. It is assumed she was brought from another world. She doesn't remember what happened, but faintly remembers she wasn't alone, when she appeared. She remembers a woman with wings, unlike her own, dressed in an blue attire similar to hers; her whereabout of course is unknown. Lettice behaves in a rather ditsy brashful manner, being very overconfident in her abilities, but never smart on her choices.

Lettice possesses very powerful arcane magic; being able to manipulate fire, gravity and darkness to her liking. Her ability to fly makes her very agile also being able to provide aerial support with her attacks. However, with the absence of her partner, she's unable to unleash her most devastating spells, where here darkness is combined with light magic to create powerful combos. Also her affinity to darkness makes her unreliable in situations involving undead foes. However, having limited fire magic at her disposal, she's able do just fine against them.

HP:6
SP:1
AC:14
Speed:9
Surge Value: 3
At-Will Powers: 3
Encounter Powers: 2
Daily Powers: 1

Powers
--------
"Fire Ball"
"Inflicts fire elemental damage to one foe."
At-Will Power
Standard Action
Attack+4
Damage+3

"Shadow Bind"
"Inflicts minor dark damage to one foe and inflicts the bind debuff"
At-Will Power
Standard Action
Attack+3
Damage+1

"Black Hole"
"Inflicts dark elemental damage to one foe."
At-Will Power
Standard Action
Attack+4
Damage+3

"Anti-Grav"
"Grants an ally/foe immunity to earth elemental damage, but makes him/her weak to wind elemental damage."
Encounter Power
Minor Action

"G-Force"
"Non-Elemental damage to one foe, less to a second of the player's choice if possible."
Encounter Power
Standard Action
Attack+5 (Roll separately for both targets if applicable)
Damage 4 to target 1
Damage 2 to target 2

"Lunar Edge"
"Transforms Lettices staff into a scythe with a crescent blade. This grants the Moon Saber buff, allowing her regular attacks to drain 1 HP from one foe, but will heal the foe for 1 HP if they are undead, causing her to lose 1 HP."
Daily Power
Minor Action
[/spoiler]

I've merely based it off Blue's stats, just changed a few things though. I may need help on what to implement on her powers' effects, though.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:16:34 PM by Mr. Haxwell »

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3064 on: November 23, 2016, 09:58:18 PM
I would only change one thing, and it's pretty minor change and ultimately to your advantage.

I'd make Anti-Grav a minor action rather than a standard action as it does no damage and is an encounter power.  Otherwise you got a good powerset there, the Ultimate is rather interesting, I'll have to remember to toss in some undead enemies occasionally.  8D

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3065 on: November 23, 2016, 10:09:41 PM
The roleplay could use some skeletons though, Nyeh, heh, heh. 8D

Right-o, making those changes now. When I've got time again, I'll try and work on her bio. :D

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3066 on: November 23, 2016, 10:38:34 PM
Looking forward to it!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3067 on: December 05, 2016, 04:35:49 PM
Kinda curious where everyone stands on character creation? We'll be starting next week regardless so anyone who wants to join in needs to post their character sheets and bios.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3068 on: December 06, 2016, 12:43:29 AM
Darn it, got too engrossed in Pokemon Sun and Moon. XD
Will get back to you soon-ish.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3069 on: December 06, 2016, 06:00:38 AM
I'll wait for someone else to post their sheet so I have a bit more reference to go off of.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3070 on: December 08, 2016, 01:48:24 AM
Well there is Blue's and Lettice if you need some help making it please send me a PM and we can work out details on the role you want to play?

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3071 on: December 26, 2016, 07:18:35 PM
I've updated Lettice's profile: Picture and bio added.

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3072 on: December 29, 2016, 07:48:49 AM
Oh hell, I entirely forgot. I'll get started day after tomorrow.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3073 on: January 03, 2017, 11:24:32 PM
Jan 5th will be the date I write up the opening post for the RP, anyone who wants in please post their sheets before that date if they want to be involved from the start.

Rather than complicating things with various character intros we'll have all party members meet at the starting down and go from there.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3074 on: January 04, 2017, 09:30:14 PM
With Blue's help...

[spoiler=Florence except support this time]

Florence Anelon
Race: Human
Class: Support
Bio: You ever wake up one morning and find that some of your precious jewelry has gone missing? You ever come home from a trip to find your windows are broken and your locks have been picked? You ever walk into your local market to see a commotion from one of the stores being ransacked?

If so, you may have put out a bounty for one Florence Anelon, who is currently still at large. An apprentice to her local Thieves' Guild since her youth, her small, short stature made her a natural for late-night break-ins and assassinations. However, during larger jobs, she was only ever a plan B, and she was trained in medicine and kept on the sidelines only in case things went wrong. This left a resentment in her during her later years, after she'd left the guild. She roamed the cities, making a name for herself, until word hit of an island packed with untold riches.

This prospect excited her, and she wrote home to her old guild telling them to expect her to bring a hell of a haul home where she'd retire in style. After this one last job.

HP:8
SP:2
AC:15
Speed:7
Surge Value: 6
At Will Powers: 1
Encounter Powers: 3
Daily Powers: 2

Trained Skills
---------------
Stealth
Lockpicking
Medicinal Alchemy

At-Will
--------
Swipe
“A standard attack using daggers. Inflicts low non-elemental damage to one foe.”
At-Will Power
Standard Action
Attack +4
Damage 3

Encounter Powers
--------------------
Home Remedy
“A healing poultice poured into a fragile sugar-glass vial meant to shatter harmlessly on impact. When thrown at a target, allows the target to spend a healing surge.”
Encounter Power
Minor Action

Black Market Poison
“A collection of animal Venoms mixed into a slick oil-like poison, tipped onto weapons. Swipe at will power and Blade Dance Daily power now applies poison on successful hit.”
Encounter Power
Minor Action

Pain Suppressant
“Dried herbs and flowers ground into a fine dust and packed into a bomb. When thrown at a target it applies a +2 to all healing surges on the target.”
Encounter Power
Standard Action

Daily Powers
--------------
Blade Dance
"A swirling vortex of deadly slashes as graceful as a dance. Inflicts damage to three foes of the user's choice."
Daily Power
Standard Action
Attack+5 (to target 1)
Attack+3 (to targets 2 and 3)
Damage 7 (to target 1)
Damage 5 (to targets 2 and 3)[/spoiler]